A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 1, Living the Spiritual Life
- Chapter One Living the Spiritual Life The spiritual way of life is a practical way of life, perhaps the most practical way that has ever been known. It can be lived in the midst of war, in the midst of shifting economic conditions, and in a world filled with a great deal of suffering and lack in some parts, and in others filled with too much prosperity for the good of those who are seemingly enjoying it. It has been thought by some that the spiritual life can be lived successfully only by those who are in a position to retire from active business or professional life, those who would live away from the world in the mountains or by the sea. But contrary to popular belief the spiritual life is not only most necessary but also most practical and profitable during the stresses and strains of everyday living. The spiritual life is in no way dependent upon a religious life in the church sense. It has no greater connection with the religious life than it has with business or professional life. Yet by its very nature it can be lived in the church, in the business or professional world, or in a combination of these. The Presence of God Realized Is Your Security Spiritual living has to do with man and his relationship with God. A person can have that relationship with God on a battlefield, in an airplane, or on a barren desert island. What is necessary is a person's ability to find his center in God, whether he finds it in or out of church. If he has not found God within himself, all the churches in the universe cannot save him. The spiritual life can be thought of as a person's individual experience of God. If you cannot find the kingdom of God within yourself, wherever you may be -in your home, in your automobile, or on a holiday-you will not find it in your house of worship because a church, a temple, a mosque, or a synagogue is merely a building, a place. The kingdom of God is within you, and in order to find God wherever you are you must bring the awareness of God there, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Living the Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 9. Prayer of Understanding
- ... I hope this is clear because if it is so only in a tiny measure, a measure only so large as a grain of dust, if you can see that you have to overhaul your concept of prayer and your concept of God and you've got to begin the work of conscious "at-one-ing"- attuning-and that it's your individual job; if only as a grain of dust I can make you see that, my whole lifetime will have fulfilled itself. If I can catch a higher concept of God than I have now so that I can feel just one bit closer to this almighty spirit which is the reality of my being, I have no other purpose in life. I know it will use itself through me for some good end. And in the same way I know right well that I can't go out on street corners and preach this. I feel very, very fortunate if the few who are drawn to me of their own at- one-ment with this type of consciousness can catch one little glimpse of what I am trying to say and what I always so poorly say and write. Someday it will be said better and written down far better than it is now but if I can bring to life only one tiny little bit of spirit that will say, "I must overhaul my idea of prayer; I must do a little higher praying and have a little higher concept of God than to believe that he began a war or that he is ever going to end one or that he is ever going to forgive anyone his sins in his sins," I am fulfilled. Forgiveness is accomplished only by the forsaking of the sin. There is no other way. We can no more be forgiven than to keep on in mathematics saying 3x3 is 8 or 4x4 is 19 and expect the principle of mathematics to say, "Well, after all, you are a charitable soul so we will give you the correct answer!" It isn't done. Not with mathematics and not with music, nor with painting, art, sculpture, or writing. Those who turn to those arts and gifts must turn to them with a full openness to the principles of them. Those who turn to God must turn to God with the full openness of consciousness to it. Does this mean that if we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 9. Prayer of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 3, God's Blessing Is Not Dependent on Thought or Thing
- ... Take no thought for the things of "this world." Do your work; fulfill your mission on earth, in your household, in your family, in your business, in your art, in your profession. I am the very bread of life, the very supply. I am here that you might have it more abundantly. With this meditation we will find a peace descending, and eventually the words will come to an end. Perhaps for twenty, thirty, or forty seconds we will be completely at peace, without a single thought. That is sufficient. That is why it is much better to have six or ten one to two-minute periods every day than it is to have one or two half-hour periods of relaxing into God's grace. We are not seeking anything; we are remembering: Thy grace is free. It is not dependent on what I think or do; Thy grace is free. My remembrance of this will make me think and do that which is spiritually right. It is possible to love this God with all our heart, with all our soul, and with all our might, for this God has no remembrance of the past; this God has full forgiveness in the present. TAPE RECORDED EXCERPTS Prepared by the Editor The listing of the titles of chapters in the writings dealing with Christmas and the recordings used in the preparation of these chapters, proved to be of such inestimable value to the students in gaining a deeper awareness of the real meaning of Christmas that at this Easter season which marks the culmination of the Christ experience, the Easter messages found in Joel S. Goldsmith's writings are listed below. Those students who work with these chapters and recordings throughout the coming months will have their own special Easter-experience of rising above this world of mental concepts into the realm of pure Consciousness. The Easter-Experience "Resurrection," Chapter 4 of The 1957 Infinite Way Letters from Joel S. Goldsmith's "The Teacher Within," The 1956 Second Steinway Hall Closed Class, Tape 2:2; "Establishing your Spiritual Integrity," The 1955 First Kailua Study Group, Tape ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pendent on Thought or Thing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 21, Living in the Light
- ... It is exactly as if this room were filled with God but no one was aware of it, they were in darkness or sin or disease or lack-as if there were no God in this room. Then one individual realizes, "God is. I Am. God is closer to me man breathing, nearer than hands and feet. I and the Father are one . . . and all that the Father hath is mine. The Lord is my shepherd here and now." And one can rest, can be still, and be a transparency-then the presence and power of God can penetrate the consciousness of those who are in darkness. At the beginning of our prayer we do use words and thoughts leading up to that final stage of realization. As we do world work, thinking of those in this world who are influenced by evil, those who are outlets for evil, we realize, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." Let us not hold them in condemnation either, but open their consciousness to this light that they may be freed of whatever it is that binds them to personal sense. With that, there is the removal of condemnation because we have declared that it is not sin, it is merely ignorance. It is not darkness, but an absence of light. So in our forgiveness, in our understanding of the impersonal nature of all evil, we are a transparency through which this transcendental presence can function in the consciousness of the world. You never know where it touches or whom it touches. You have no way of knowing how the light, which reaches earth through the transparency of those in prayer, influences legislation, how it changes decisions. You have no idea how far-reaching it is. That is why some who have attained the light do retire from this world in order, as they would phrase it, to live the life of prayer for the world-not for individuals, but for breaking down the duality in human consciousness. By remaining in their caves or remaining in their little homes somewhere alone, they permit themselves, by praying without ceasing, to be a transparency through which the light comes. And ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 21, Living in the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 6, Not Appearances But Is
- Chapter Six Not Appearances But Is The Infinite Way1 clearly states that a problem cannot be met on the level of the problem. Ninety percent of the failures in healing arise from ignorance of the meaning of that statement. When, from every human standpoint, a person appears to be dying, the immediate thought would probably be, "What are we going to do to save his life?" When a person talks of unhappiness in his marriage, our first thought runs to "What can be done to make the marriage a happy one?" When a person is unemployed, immediately there comes to mind, "What can we think or know to bring employment to him?" All this is a barrier to success in healing because no Infinite Way student is a healer of disease or of sin, nor is he an employment agency or a marriage counselor. He does not meet a problem on the level of the problem, so no matter what the person says about his problem, the Infinite Way student is not hearing it, and certainly he is not answering it because that would put him in the realm of a counselor or doctor. No problem can ever be met on the level of the problem. The Fluctuating Nature of Humanhood The picture that confronts us is that there is sick humanhood and well humanhood, sinful humanhood and pure humanhood, living humanhood and dead humanhood, and the purpose of the medical and ministerial world is to take that bad or erroneous humanhood and put it over onto the good side. But that does not in any way enter into our ministry. The function of our ministry is to ignore everything that is being told us about sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, and politics, and to go down through the center, through what we call the middle path. We do not think in terms of what a wonderful society it would be if only all politicians were honest, if everybody were humanly well, or if everybody had a sufficient income. We have had periods in American history where, on the whole, conditions were very good. The country made tremendous progress; the standard ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Not Appearances But Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XII, The Discovery of the Self
- ... If we are to find that Kingdom, therefore, we shall have to seek inside to find it, for that is where it is; and if we wish to show our love for God, we shall have to express love to one another because that is where we will find the God to love. If we want to serve God, we had better learn to serve one another, because only in that way can we serve the Father that sent you and me into expression. Every bit of love that we express is a love that is expressed to us. When we are expressing love impersonally to the downtrodden and abandoned people of the world, we are really expressing love to ourselves because the Self of those others is the Self of us. This is the Way: there is but one Self. I am that Self; and I am that Self even if I am appearing as you. I am that Self, even when I am appearing as the beggar or the thief. Is it not easy, then, to forgive, knowing that I am forgiving myself, that I am forgiving my own ignorance, forgiving my ignorance even when it appears as someone else? "Love is the fulfilling of the law." Therefore, love is the Way, and this means the love that I express, for I am the Way. I must express love, forgiveness, and patience; I must pray that the light of the world be revealed even in the darkest consciousness. I must do unto others as I would have others do unto me, because the I of me is the I of the other: we are one. The Self of me is the Self of you, because there is only one Self, and this is God's Self. This is oneness; this is divine sonship. The spiritual way of life is a recognition of oneness, sonship. The Way brings the recognition that the I of me and the I of you are one and the same I. The I AM that I am is the I AM that you are, because this is the I AM that God is, and God is the I AM which is the I AM of you and the I AM of me. Therefore, the recognition of I AM-ness is the Way. It is some measure of this realization that enables us to live as if I am you and you are the I that I am, and therefore we are one; and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Discovery of the Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled
- ~ 4 ~ TRUTH UNVEILED Every book of spiritual wisdom you have read has brought about a greater spiritualization of your consciousness, what might be called the peeling off of the onion skin, or the refining of consciousness. Each book, each class, and each principle taken into consciousness has prepared you for the one ahead, leading to greater unfoldment and toward that "act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness." 1 Always, since my first spiritual experience, living in two worlds has been difficult for me-living in that higher Consciousness and then coming down to earth, going back into that Consciousness and coming back down to earth-but never was it as difficult as in 1963. That year marked another period of initiation for me, but, even though in 1962 I knew it was to be, I had no knowledge of its intensity, its length, or the nature of the message that would be revealed. It is not unnatural, therefore, that that year should have revealed the higher unfoldment, the higher Consciousness. This you will understand as you study the work that came through during this period. With each successive unfoldment, something was breaking through, leading to the teaching of going beyond words and thoughts, of going beyond the mind. This idea you will find in all the 1963 work, 2 revealing the nature of life as it is lived when you go beyond the mind and beyond thoughts: beyond taking thought, beyond reasoning. This is the revelation of the nature of Sabbath and of Grace. A work of this kind leads to the highest point in consciousness that has yet been revealed in the Infinite Way, and it would seem that it is the high point in the revelation of both Moses and Jesus, and probably also that of Buddha. The Middle Path The fleshly sense of man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, Spirit. The healthy fleshly sense is as illusory as the sickly sense, and the sense of good man is as illusory as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 8, Rising Above This World
- ~ 8 ~ RISING ABOVE "THIS WORLD" As human beings, we are made up of theories and beliefs-false education, false religious knowledge, and superstition. For example, there are few persons in all this land who do not believe that God punishes and God rewards, and furthermore that God will destroy all their enemies and discords if, through some kind of hocus-pocus or abracadabra, they can get on the right side of God. It is difficult to empty out the old bottles and free ourselves from the concepts to which we have clung throughout the years. It is not easy to develop a flexibility which permits the old forms to be broken up, making way for the new wine of the spirit. Every time we are faced with some absolute spiritual truth, we unconsciously reject it and then experience repercussions because of the inner conflict that is set up. We are continually looking back and comparing this new truth with what we have heretofore believed and which is so firmly rooted in us that it really goes beyond belief to absolute conviction. In fact, we would sacrifice almost anything in the world before we would give up our cherished beliefs. "The Wisdoms of The Infinite Way" 1 contain some of this new wine that will help sweep aside old concepts. Every one of these "Wisdoms" came through revelation, most of them by my being awakened in the middle of the night and having to get up and write down the particular "Wisdom" that revealed itself. All told, they comprise only a few pages, and yet the contents of those few pages were two years in being unfolded to me. The study of these "Wisdoms" can carry the student into a whole new realm of consciousness as it has already done with some of the few students who were given these "Wisdoms" for study and meditation long before they were released to the public in an additional chapter in The Infinite Way. All Illusion Is a Mental Image in Thought From birth, we are faced with appearances, which are the source of all the troubles that befall us. To ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 8, Rising Above This World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents