Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Business
- Business Business always seems to be dependent on certain conditions, circumstances and seasons, or on the good will of other persons. In the human picture business is affected by weather, finances, changing modes and fads, but turning from this picture we find that in reality business is the continuous activity of Principle; that this activity is infinite and harmonious, and that it is maintained and sustained by Principle itself. Christian metaphysics, revealing the spiritual nature of business, aids us to lift our thoughts regarding all commercial activity to the place where the true idea of business is apprehended. Every idea, and your business is an idea of Mind, is supported by the animating Principle of the idea. "When an idea begins to work in thought, it furnishes all that is necessary for its equipment, establishment and nourishment." -Adam Dickey BUSINESS IS AN INFINITE activity, is forever without limit, and is never dependent on person, place or thing. Right where you are, business is. It is a result of and resident in individual consciousness, because individual consciousness is the universal Consciousness individually expressed. If we go about our tasks doing those things that lie nearest at hand, with faith that there is an ever-present, invisible power which the Hebrews call Emmanuel, or "God with us," and which Christians call the Christ, our work will always bear fruit. This omnipresent and omnipotent power is the Presence of God prospering all right endeavor. It is only the degree in which we believe that it is either some personal effort of our own or another's, or that it is the good will of humans that prospers us, that causes apparent failure or lessening of fruitful activity. The prophet Isaiah clearly reminds us to "cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" The point to remember is that at all times, and in all places, there is an invisible and omnipotent power acting to support every right ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Joel Goldsmith_ Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 21, 1963, Resting In Consciousness
- RESTING IN CONSCIOUSNESS April 21, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I THINK I AM GOING to make a suggestion. Mentally relax, and take the attitude that you are not going to try to understand what I will say. Instead, let my words be like seeds dropped into your consciousness and then let them mature. Get away from any mental efforts to understand, because I am going to try to say something that will not lend itself to being understood. Since this is just another in the long series that we have had, every one of these Sunday talks has been leading up to this, so that it will be a cumulative effect. It is not as if each one of these Sunday talks were separate and by itself, but they form a continuity and this makes a cumulative effect. Today should be a logical follow up and, since what has gone before has formed the consciousness with which you hear today, it will be better if you relax, let my words fall on your ears, and then let happen whatever may. You will not lose anything by it even if you do not remember, because when the seeds break open and take root, the message will reveal itself to you as if you had never heard it before. It is like a student who just wrote me that, after studying for ten years, he had had the most wonderful revelation that there is no power in effect. To him it was as though it was an original revelation and that is good, because it came from within and established itself. During all of these weeks, the nature of the message has been to reveal God as your individual consciousness. To be able to realize that enables you to sit back as comfortably, as joyously and confidently as a baby sitting on its mother's lap. You know the baby is in heaven because it has its only God right there. Its mother is that; mother is protection, food, clothing, housing, and she is love in every form. And so it is, to glimpse God as your consciousness enables you to relax and rest, and "live and move and have your being" in him. All the responsibility ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Resting In Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Five, Spiritual Attainment Through Prayer
- CHAPTER FIVE SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT THROUGH PRAYER Spiritual healing can be accomplished in several ways: It may come about through those who possess a healing consciousness, are fully aware of this gift which has been bestowed upon them through the grace of God, and use it to bless mankind; it may be experienced by some person who has no knowledge whatsoever of spiritual things, but who may have unknowingly brought himself within the healing orbit of God's grace; or it may be that a conscious knowing of the correct letter of truth, that is, the principles of truth, eventually leads to the development of that spiritual consciousness necessary for healing. Since most healing is brought about through treatment, that is, through first knowing the correct letter of truth, every metaphysical student, regardless of which approach he chooses or elects to follow, should be able to give an intelligent treatment. This, however, has nothing to do with making affirmations and denials or uttering metaphysical clichés because such procedures are far removed from the giving of intelligent and loving treatments. All metaphysical teachings have as their goal the bringing of spiritual living into the experience of their students, and giving them some understanding of the nature of treatment, so that, through the practice of treatment, spiritual consciousness may be developed. The spiritual consciousness which is so essential to the healing work cannot be achieved through blind faith, however, nor merely by making metaphysical statements, even if, and though, the statements are true. Behind every statement of truth uttered and behind every treatment given, there must be understanding. THE PRINCIPLE OF ONE POWER No one can give a spiritual healing treatment intelligently unless, first, he anchors himself in the realization that since God is all power, there is no power that is required to do anything to anything, for anything, or for anybody, for any reason. We do not even need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...l Attainment Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 10, A Harmonious Universe
- CHAPTER 10 A Harmonious Universe THERE IS an ancient Hebraic belief that when the Messiah came, He would be a great and mighty king and general, that he would free the Hebrews from the slavery of Rome, and probably even free them from the horrible influences of their own Temple, their own ecclesiastical hierarchy. When the Messiah came-as Jesus-He said, "I have overcome the world." This must have been terribly mystifying to the Hebrews, because they were still under Rome and they were still under the hierarchy of the Temple. As far as they could see, the world was just as wicked as it had been before, and certainly it was just as rough on them as it had been before. The only things that He showed forth at all in His ministry to them were some individual healings and two or three feedings, which is not really great demonstration over a three-year period, if you are judging by these outer changes. So it is that we are very apt to think of God, or the Christ, as temporal power, and then try to send it out to do something for us, like changing the weather or stopping fires or bringing peace on earth. The longer we look in that direction, the longer we shall fail. The function of the activity of Christ is to transform consciousness. The outer world is only a product, or the added things, of the change of consciousness. In other words, if we have come to a place of peace with ourselves, between ourselves; if we have attained a state of consciousness in which we manifest love to each other-joy, gratitude, cooperation-it is only because we have had a change of consciousness to that degree. There could be no peace in the outer experience except in proportion to whatever change has taken place in our own consciousness. Instead of looking out and wondering what Truth will do for us or what this one or that one will do for us, if we are looking out in the sense of gratitude that we have a contribution to make in spiritual sharing, we have had a transformation of consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, A Harmonious Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IX, What About This Body?
- CHAPTER IX WHAT ABOUT THIS BODY? The principles of spiritual healing have been explained in the foregoing chapters, but an explanation does not heal. Even though you have gained some understanding of these principles, in order for them to be made practical and workable, and for you to develop a healing consciousness, they must be removed from the realm of generalities, from a mere intellectual exercise, and brought to bear on specific problems, whether financial, moral, mental, or physical. One problem which is uppermost in the lives of a great many people is that of health, that of an ailing or aging body. Even those who are at the moment experiencing physical well-being are puzzled by the relationship of what they see as a material body to the spiritual scheme of things. What about this body? How does it fit into a spiritual universe? Is this material body the Word made flesh? Is it the material body or only the spiritual body which is resurrected? Does the material body manifest God? Do not be too startled when I say to you that there is only one body: There is not a material body and a spiritual body. There is only one. Here, as in every aspect of life, the principle of oneness applies. True, we entertain a material concept of body, and it is that concept of body which gets all twisted up and involves us in all manner of ills, but the body has no power to cause trouble; the body has no power to be good or bad, sick or well: It is our concept which appears as a sick or well body. When your concept is a material sense of body, you open yourself to all the sins and diseases to which the body may be subject. The moment, however, that you drop that concept and realize that there are not two or three or four kinds of bodies, but that there is only one body, and that body is the temple of the living God, God-governed, God-maintained, and subject only to the laws of God, you bring this very body under God's grace. If you believe that your body is material, you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r IX, What About This Body_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1958, Problems Aren't Problems any More
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY Problems Aren't Problems Any More EVERY one of us has encountered problems of one nature or another. Most of us come to the study of spiritual wisdom because of some problem-physical, mental, moral, financial, or even something which may not fall into any of these categories. One of the most difficult of all problems, because it is so intangible and therefore so frustrating, is a sense of incompleteness; but this very sense of incompleteness is what forces us into a seeking for truth and spurs us on in our search for God. During the early stages of our unfoldment, problems really are problems, but if we are seriously following the spiritual path, we eventually come to a place where problems are no longer problems. There are three stages in our experience with problems. The first period is when we have a problem that to us is a very real one, and we turn to a practitioner, teacher, or teaching for help in solving that problem. The practitioner with real spiritual discernment, however, will be able to point out, "Yes, it is true; you do have a problem, but your problem isn't what you think it is. Your problem really is a sense of separation from God; your problem is that you have not yet attained God-realization-not even a touch of it. You will find that when you attain a measure of God-realization, your problem will begin to fall away and eventually it will disappear." This does not mean that the first time we have a flicker of light, automatically, all our problems are going to be solved, but it means that in proportion as we attain God-consciousness our problems will begin to dissolve, and eventually, the nature of the problems will change. The second stage of our unfoldment is that stage in which a problem becomes an opportunity, but it is only when we have come to this second stage that we can see a problem in that light. If we used such language with a beginner, he would probably reply, "I'd be glad to let someone else enjoy this glorious ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ms Aren't Problems any More.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 144K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXX, God Made This World for Men and Women
- CHAPTER XXX GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR MEN AND WOMEN Man is a prisoner of his mind. He is locked up inside his mind just as a little chick is locked up inside the egg. If it could look around inside the shell, it would see only darkness; it might even feel a sense of hunger and find no food there, and certainly, above all things, no companionship. In this lone, tightly locked up shell, that little chick must wonder what it has to live for. There is nothing for it to be happy about, but on the other hand, there is also nothing to be unhappy about: it has never known the world so it does not know what it is missing. All it knows is what it is experiencing while locked up inside the shell, and yet it does not even know that it is locked up inside its shell. As far as the chick is concerned, it might stay on there forever, living in that darkness. It might even find enough food in the shell to keep it alive. It would not really be living: it would be existing, and of itself it could no nothing about it. There it is, and it looks as if there it is doomed to be. But fortunately for these little chicks, there is something beyond themselves, there is something that causes a chick to peck at the shell, and to keep pecking and pecking at it until it breaks a hole in it and sees some light. Imagine what goes on in a little chick's mind when it begins to catch a ray of light from outside, and realizes that there is something out there that it has not seen, something it has not felt, some place it has not been. It keeps pecking away, and pecking away. It knows nothing about an outside world; it has no desire to get out; and probably left to itself, it would be satisfied with the comfort of the shell in which it is enfolded; but there is a something that eventually compels the chick to break open that shell and come outside, and find a great big world in which to go looking for food, and other chicks with which to play. In the first six hours that that chick is out of the shell, it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his World for Men and Women.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 3, Mind Is a Transparency
- ~ 3 ~ MIND IS A TRANSPARENCY One of the steps leading up to living by Grace rather than by taking thought is to keep the mind imbued with truth. In all the writings of The Infinite Way it has been made clear that we never outgrow the letter of truth, that is, the principles. We must always have them as a rock and a foundation. At first, we hold to the letter of truth intellectually. For example, we instruct the mind, as it were, to hold to God as one Power. Through imbuing the mind with truth, we are remolding our state of consciousness, and one day we will not consciously have to hold to one Power because it will be so much a part of us that we will not even have to deny any other power. The mind cannot choose to do this: we must choose, and we must hold to the principle of one Power. Every time the suggestion of another power is presented to us, we answer with, "No, I have accepted God as the only Power." As we abide in this principle, we are rebuilding our state of consciousness. We are "dying" 1 to the belief in two powers and are being reborn into the consciousness of one Power. Let us take another principle basic to The Infinite Way: one Self. God is infinite Selfhood; God is my Self; God is your Self; there is only one Self. The mind of itself cannot accept the principle of the one Self: it must be we who accept it and keep it in our mind. Every time somebody talks about an evil, dangerous, or insane selfhood, we come back with, "But there is only one Selfhood, and I am that Self." We hold to that truth against every appearance thrust upon us of a male or a female self, a poor or a rich self, a sick or a well self, and as we do, we "die" to the belief of many selves and are reborn into the consciousness of one Selfhood. INSTRUCTING THE MIND ON SUPPLY AND HEALTH The universal belief is that supply is outside in the world and that we must struggle to get it. But the truth is: I am supply. "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 2 If our mind knew this, we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 3, Mind Is a Transparency.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 4, Error
- ~ 4 ~ ERROR Our conscious oneness with God constitutes our oneness with all spiritual being and idea. Meditation should result in the consciousness of the presence of God. This conscious awareness of the presence of God is the foundation of our entire experience. Since God is infinite good, our being consciously one with God means that we are consciously one with infinite good. Then we do not have to try to get at- one with a good home, a good automobile, a good wife, a good friend, a good book, or a good teacher; we only have to realize at-one-ment with God, and God appears to us: God becomes visible and manifest to us as the good home, the good wife, the good automobile, or the good anything else that may be our need at the moment. When we try to help ourselves or others through spiritual realization, it is the Christ that does the work; it is the Christ that dispels the illusion; it is the Christ that operates as healer, reformer, supplier. But what is the Christ? The Christ is our individual consciousness when that consciousness has been released from its fear, hate, or love of error. Now let us put that into practical, usable form. Let us assume that there is a shadow on the wall. As we look at it, we can see that it is a shadow, and of course we do not hate it, or fear it, or love it. If I thought that that shadow were some kind of an evil presence, I might very well hate it or fear it; and if I thought it was a person, I might love it. Knowing it as shadow, however, I can neither hate, nor fear, nor love it: I look on it with complete indifference, knowing that its only existence is as shadow-virtually nothingness, without substance. When I am called upon for help and recognize that the problem, whether physical, mental, moral, or financial, has no more substance than that shadow-that it is not power, it is not presence, it is not reality-that attitude is what determines my healing ability. That constitutes my degree of Christhood. When I can face any form of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Speaks_ Chapter 4, Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 125K
Find Similar Documents