Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 7, Conscious Oneness
- ~ 7 ~ CONSCIOUS ONENESS I HAVE SAID: "If there is no change in our consciousness during the week, there will be no change in our outer experience the following week." Now, in proportion as some change toward truth takes place in your consciousness, in that proportion there is some improvement in your outer affairs-either in your health, your family relations, or in your supply. It would be as impossible for you to be in the same place today that you were a week ago as it is to toss raisins into your bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation. Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance and the "form" is its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in or as our consciousness, if truth appears in or as the spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. Therefore please remember this as the foundation, the real point, of recent talks: that all improved states of consciousness must appear as improved demonstrations or experiences. And today we come one step further. Unless we consciously make the decision to act or live in some higher way, on a higher level, we are not going to live or act or have manifestation on a higher level. We cannot sit back passively and say (or believe), "There is a God or law that is going to do something in me, through me, for me or to me," just as we have learned not to believe that there is an evil law or an evil power. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except that to which we give power to through our belief. You can accept any belief and make it a law unto yourself. There is no power in the stars or in the stars' acting upon us, but you can make a god of anything you wish. You can pick up a piece of metal, or a penny, and call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 6, The Substance of all Good
- Chapter Six The Substance of All Good There is no possibility of attaining anything separate and apart from the substance of which it is formed. All attempts to produce anything in the outer realm without achieving the substance of the form must result in failure. So there is no abundance or prosperity to be achieved apart from the substance of abundance or prosperity. In all God's kingdom there is no such thing as demonstrating anything in the realm of effect. The only demonstration that can be made is in the realm of cause, and then that cause appears as effect. Home, supply, and transportation are effects of the one infinite substance, without which substance there could be no effect. The demonstration must begin within our own being, and that demonstration must take the form of achieving, acquiring, or attaining the consciousness of the presence of God. Seek the Substance Whether it is the abundance of health or wealth, that abundance can come in no other way than by demonstrating the substance of which health and wealth are formed. A consciousness of God's presence always appears outwardly in the forms necessary for our immediate fulfillment. The command is to "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 1 First of all, it is necessary to understand what the kingdom of God is and what is meant by that term. I learned that only through meditation could I gain that understanding, asking and seeking within the depths of my own being for the answer to that question. Out of that meditation came such explanations or synonyms as the realm of God, an awareness of God, or the consciousness of God. Through that, it dawned on me that the first thing I had to receive was a consciousness or an awareness of God. I had to penetrate through the appearance to the consciousness of God, and then, having achieved the awareness of God, all the things would be added. It is much like saying that if we understood the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Substance of all Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 9, Seek the Substance, Not the Form
- Chapter Nine Seek the Substance, Not the Form The world seeks to find peace, joy, satisfaction, supply, home, or companionship in people and things. But the Master said, "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 So the purpose of our work is to turn away from the way of the world to the spiritual way. In turning to the spiritual path, we learn that the world's weapons, its manner of protecting itself and its way of seeking its good, will not do for us. "The kingdom of God is within you." 2 If we think of that literally, it immediately becomes clear why there is no use going outside ourselves to find our good, that is, not if the kingdom of God is within us. The place to seek our good must necessarily be within. The spiritual revelators of all time agree on this truth, and they have been able to teach their immediate disciples or students how to make contact with that withinness and, because of making this inner contact, they have been able to lead a life without struggle or strain, a life of harmony and peace. The disciples of these spiritual revelators seem to have had difficulty in passing that principle on to those of the next generation, and those who followed experienced much the same difficulty, so that a spiritual teaching has thrived principally during the immediate lifetime of its revelator and to a lesser degree in the following generation or two. In the case of the Master, his ministry lasted for about 300 years before it died out and all but vanished from the earth, probably longer than any of those of which we have knowledge. The Spread of Spiritual Teaching and Healing Since that time there have been individual mystics who have caught the vision of withinness and have had the usual experience of some measure of success with their immediate disciples and for a short while afterwards. From the 12 th to the 17 th century, reaching all the way from Switzerland to England, there were mystics with large followings who had attained the spiritual vision. But ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Substance, Not the Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 5, Judge Not According to the Appearance
- Chapter Five Judge Not According to the Appearance God is the creative principle of the universe. But could there be a God without a universe to which He could be a principle or a law? God is not an unexpressed God. God and Its infinite individuality exist and express simultaneously and instantaneously. I know of no other words to use to bring out the truth that I cannot exist except as I express. Take away expression and what do you have as I? Nothing. Has there ever been a time when there was a principle of mathematics but no 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Did the principle of mathematics suddenly decide to appear as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Or are the principles of mathematics and its number values simultaneous and instantaneous? Is there a principle of music without do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do or its equivalent in tone? Could there be a principle of music without musical values? If your answer is "Yes," there must have been a principle of music without anything to which it could be a principle. The principle of music is what sustains do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do in their natural values, just as the principle of mathematics sustains to eternity the values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. But what would the principle of mathematics or music do without numbers and notes? Consciousness Is Conscious Of There is much misleading teaching today on the point that you and I do not exist, that only God exists. How could that possibly be true? Behind what I am saying is the consciousness that exists as the consciousness of that which exists. Consciousness does not exist as a blank. Consciousness exists conscious of. It could not be consciousness unless it were conscious of. This may sound like an intellectual analysis, but behind it is an intuitive knowledge that there is no awareness without something of which to be aware. Just as mathematics has its numbers and music its notes, so this principle of Life, which is also the principle of mathematics and music, has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...According to the Appearance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Prayer
- PRAYER SHALL I TELL YOU why there is so much lack of demonstration in metaphysical circles? It is because there is a dependence on statements of Truth - affirmations and denials - instead of an effort to make an actual contact or realization of God- being. Talk about God - Truth - wholeness - health will not do. Talk less. Pray more. What is prayer? Is it some word or message you send to God? No. Prayer is the Word of God which comes to you when you are silent enough, still enough, expectant enough to receive it. This Word of God which you receive in Silence becomes visible as health, harmony, success, peace, joy and dominion where all the world may see it. Until every one of us can report that we receive the Word of God continuously, that we can almost at will feel the divine Presence, there will be need of these reminders. From this point on, there is very little need of our learning more Truth. You already know what God is; what the Christ is; what man is; and you know the nature of error and how it claims to operate. At least you can pass an oral or written examination on these subjects and get no less than 100 per cent. Every one of us is intellectually clear on these major points of metaphysics. If any of you doubt your complete understanding of these metaphysical truths, then hurry up and get yourself letter perfect in them: God - Christ - man - error. The next step is prayer, or treatment. I prefer to think of treatment as a conscious realization, through argument, of the truth about God, Christ, man and error; and prayer as the spiritual consciousness of Truth through Silence. In other words, treatment would deal with the letter, or argument, leading up to realization, and prayer would be the pure Silence and receptivity to the spiritual consciousness of harmony. You understand, of course, that ordinarily in metaphysics treatment and prayer are synonymous, but that I have made this distinction for myself. To me, prayer is a state of receptivity in which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tation of Scripture_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 7, Sin - Its Illusory Nature
- CHAPTER 7 Sin: Its Illusory Nature SIN; WHAT the world calls sin; what the metaphysician calls sin-disease, lack, limitation: these, we are given to understand, have their foundation in a sense of selfhood apart from God, and they have no existence in the Kingdom of God, which is our individual being. Once it has been revealed to us that these so-called conditions exist only as appearances, there is nothing more to be done about the matter. We have done all. So if I say to you, "I don't feel well, give me help," and you immediately come back with all the metaphysical arguments you know, then all you are trying to do is combat, enter into conflict with, or try to overcome, what I have said. Whereas instead, you should go very quietly within your own being, and realize what can be done with an illusion. Then, once you have discovered its illusory nature, what can you do about it? Why should you fear a toy serpent after you have discovered that it's a toy? We can understand right well that I may have a toy serpent and yet I believe that it is a serpent and say, "Give me help." However, you, from the higher standpoint of your wisdom, discern that it is a toy serpent. So what should you do about it? Do nothing. Just give me that assurance, that's all, that all is well. Do not try to combat my statement of error. Do not try to convince me of its error. Do not try to get rid of the serpent, overcome it, or destroy it. Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. Now the truth about a toy serpent is that it is harmless. The truth about any infection or contagion is that it is harmless. Why, then, try to overcome it? Why argue with it? Agree with thine adversary. So when a call comes for help, since we do know how real a discord appears to the one asking for help, the most compassionate thing we can do, the most loving thing we can do, is to say, "I will help you immediately; I will be with you immediately." Then the patient understands, right well, that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Sin - Its Illusory Nature.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XV, The Beauty of Holiness
- CHAPTER XV THE BEAUTY OF HOLINESS Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name: O worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness. PSALMS 96:8, 9 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the Lord's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is. DEUTERONOMY 10:14 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. PSALMS 19:1 Meditation is not an end in itself. That which we are seeking is a conscious realization of the presence of God, but in the realization of that Presence, before the experience of the full and complete illumination, there may be two of us- God and me. We do not want God and me: we want God alone. That is the final step on the spiritual Path. God is unknown and unknowable to the human senses. One way, however, in which to bridge the immeasurable span between materiality and spirituality is to let thought drift from the cares and problems of the world to God's handiwork. In everyone's surroundings, there is always some object of beauty: a picture, a piece of sculpture, a plant, lake, mountain, or tree. We think of some one of these in meditation, considering the idea of God, the Invisible, expressing Itself through nature or through the mind of an artist or craftsman. The presence and the power of the Invisible is that which is made manifest to us as the visible, the one inseparable from the other. Even a little understanding of God enables us to discern, in a measure, God's life, love, and joy embodied in man and the universe. In this understanding, our life and love expand and become more pure, joyous, and free, leading us into a higher dimension of life. We begin to live not so much in the world of effect as in the world of cause, discovering our good in the Cause of all that exists rather than in effect-in things, persons, or places. The more understanding we have of Cause, God, the greater is our enjoyment of all persons and things. Only through penetrating the realm of the Invisible, this higher or fourth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XV, The Beauty of Holiness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:30- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 30, War
- ~ 30 ~ WAR Of all the so-called errors on earth, war is the belief most likely to ensnare the Christian Scientist into accepting an illusion as reality. The reason for this is that there always seem to be two sides; one on the right side defending "democracy," "modern society," "Christianity," "freedom," while the other, on the wrong side, would destroy these precious gifts from God to man (which gifts, it would seem, God is not able to preserve without the help of defenders). I am not referring exclusively to either of the "World Wars" because these same conditions have existed in all wars throughout the ages. Christian Scientists cannot say, "A thousand shall fall at thy (my) side, and ten thousand at thy (my) right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee (me)," 1 unless they see through the snare of a right side and a wrong side and realize that there is no such condition as right and wrong because there is no war, no error, no sin, disease or death: God is all; God is omnipresent; God is the only life and being, and in this life which is one there can be no conflicting forces, energies, or desires. Christian Science teachers and practitioners throughout the world, daily assure their students and their patients that there is no disease; that the appearance of such is but the false testimony of human sense; that they are not to fear error nor believe in its reality or power. They are taught and they teach that God is the only mind. Shall they not be consistent and remember that, as this divine mind is the universal mind, and therefore the mind of individual being, there is no lack of intelligence and love in this mind and therefore these qualities of love, intelligence, harmony and peace are the actual and only states of being here and now, regardless of human testimony to the contrary. Only in the degree that we, as disciples of truth and love, maintain in our consciousness this truth of being, shall we be lifted up so as to "draw all men unto me," and thereby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...arly Years_ Chapter 30, War.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 3, Attaining the Christ-Mind
- ... The laws governing the airplane always existed, only awaiting man's discovery. Releasing Infinity The infinite abundance of God has always been in every individual who ever existed, but he could not demonstrate it until someone could come along and reveal that within him is the kingdom of God, within him is all that the Father has. All the music is there, all the art, all the literature, all the spiritual truth, all the inventions, all the sciences. All these are within, but to experience them a person must begin to open out a way for the infinity of God to escape. Truth is within. The truth, which is bread, meat, wine, and water, is not to be found outside, but is within, and a way must be found for "the imprisoned splendor" to escape. Begin to pour now. There is no better way to begin to pour than to set aside periods each day to pray for those whom you know need prayers, those within your family, your community, within your nation, and eventually within the entire world. Begin to pray the prayer of forgiveness, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 Release everyone from condemnation and punishment. Know every bit of spiritual truth you can about all those who are within your consciousness. Know that the voice is saying to them, "Son, all that I have is thine. . . . Neither death, nor life. . . can separate you from the love and care of God." This is giving. You are sharing out of that infinite storehouse; you are pouring out the water of life even without a bucket. Through such meditation, you are developing more and more of that spiritual or fourth dimensional transcendental consciousness. Attaining the Fourth Dimensional Consciousness The many ways that have been revealed to me of attaining the fourth dimensional consciousness are incorporated in the writings. Those wishing to make a real study of this should begin with Living the Infinite Way. 20 In this book certain principles are presented and clarified. Follow this book with Practicing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Attaining the Christ-Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 7, God
- ~ 7 ~ GOD When we say, "I am God," or "I am a law unto my universe," we are not saying that a human being is God, or that a mortal is spiritual. Never forget that it would be nonsense to try to spiritualize mortal man, or to make God out of a human being. That has been one of the mistakes of religion throughout the ages- setting apart some individual and making him God, taking some person, some human being, and making of him a God. The truth is that only God is God; but God is the individuality and the identity, and the reality of each one of us when we have overcome our sense of humanhood. Often when you see people who work from the standpoint of "I am," you will find them confused, walking around saying, "I am God." They are the very people who are apt to be walking around with an empty purse, a diseased body, or a pair of eyeglasses, and yet they continue to say, "I am God." You can see how ridiculous that is, because that is not God at all. I am God. That I is a universal, infinite, omnipresent Being, and It is the reality of your being and of mine when the human sense of self has been overcome. You do not lift the human sense up and make it immortal or spiritual. That is the reason treatments that say, "You are spiritual," or "You are perfect," or "You are rich," are of so little value. Such statements are not true at all. If they were true, you would not find it necessary to repeat them. Can you imagine Rockefeller or a Carnegie or any man of recognized wealth, walking around saying, "I am rich?" And you almost never hear a healthy person say, "I am healthy." When you make these affirmations, it is because you believe you are the opposite; you are trying to fool yourself into believing that you are something that you really are not. When you simply repeat the words, "I am God," that is not true; but when you hear those words within you, that is Truth. That is God announcing Itself as the reality of your being. When you hear a voice saying, "Know ye not that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ster Speaks_ Chapter 7, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents