The Government of Eden: Chapter 10, When We Pray Amiss
- ... If the masses could know something about the world of the Spirit, some of them at least would begin to open their eyes and desire what we who have learned about a life of prayer have discovered. Prayer, to be answered prayer, must come from a heart that is purged of personal and selfish motives, a heart that has for its desire that all men may know God's grace. This prayer, silently spoken or thought, not only sets the one who prays free, but it sets mankind free. We can watch it in operation at the level of the family. We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with them and have attained an absolute conviction that we desire the grace of God to be their experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace. Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and His love, peace, and prosperity. Prayer for God 's Government on Earth World prayer work is the most difficult of all because we must, first of all, surrender all concepts as to the solution we are seeking, never praying for a certain event or experience. And the reason this is difficult is that each one of us has decided whether it would be good to have a Republican administration or a Democratic administration and, in some cases, even a Socialistic or Communistic administration. And when we pray, we are praying for this, and there can be no success in such world work. Success comes only with the surrender of material or human desires, and the desire for God's government on earth: spiritual government, not just a different form of human government. God is Spirit, and the only prayer of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 10.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 12, Christ As the Consciousness of Mankind
- ~ 12 ~ CHRIST AS THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF MANKIND What is it that sets spiritual teachers and persons who do healing work apart from the rest of mankind? Is it not that in some way, at some time, and for some reason they were drawn to the study of truth? Then as they began to fill their minds with truth through books, lectures, and classes, eventually something happened within them. They made a transition from "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 1 to that man who has his being in Christ. At a particular moment in their experience, these persons attained some measure of the transcendental Christ-consciousness, that which is beyond the human. From then on, error, evil, sin, disease, false appetite, or lack lost its reality to them. As persons came to them with physical, moral, or financial problems, or problems of human relationships, the error or evil disappeared just as darkness leaves a room when the light is turned on. The darkness in the room does not go anywhere because what we call darkness is but an absence of light. In the presence of light, there is no darkness. As mere human beings, we cannot function as practitioners or spiritual teachers. We may have the will, the desire, and the hope; but will, desire, and hope do not heal, reform, or enrich. To lift a person above his humanhood, one must have the experience of spiritual illumination or of the transcendental Presence. When that comes to a person, he is set apart, and in the measure of his fidelity will he be successful as a spiritual healer or teacher. Many students have the desire to heal, to teach, and to give to others, but they cannot. To these I say, "Be patient: you will. Wait, however, until the Spirit of the Lord God is upon you and you are ordained to do these things." Students must be content to remain students and not try to be practitioners and teachers until the experience that results in their being set apart takes place within their consciousness. At one time, when the Spirit of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Consciousness of Mankind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:25- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 8, On the Sea of Spirit
- 8) On the Sea of Spirit Life on the spiritual path can be divided into three major periods: the first a very pleasant one, the second not quite so comfortable, and the third not only pleasant but satisfying. The first stage is pleasant because our thoughts are centered primarily on changing conditions of evil, error, discord, and inharmony into more harmonious conditions, and, as many of us have discovered, some of these changes do take place. We gain a better sense of health, very often a much better sense of supply, and our human relationships adjust themselves and become much more satisfactory than they were before. In this first stage of our spiritual unfoldment, it is a joyous thing to watch some part of the old man "die," 1 and the new man be "born," watch the old conditions disappear, and new and more harmonious ones appear. LIVING IN TWO WORLDS The second stage is probably the longest period, and the most difficult one. This is because in the second stage we are living in two worlds. We have glimpsed something of the nature of Reality, and something of the unreal nature of the phenomenal world, gradually leading us to a state of consciousness where we do not quickly run for an aspirin the moment we have a cold, or immediately consult a doctor when something more serious develops. We have little or no fear about these disturbing physical conditions because they no longer hold the same terror for us. Unfortunately, most of our friends do not think as we do, and they can make life fairly miserable for us by reminding us that we must be practical, that we must protect ourselves from disease and danger, and that it is unreasonable and impractical to forgive our enemies. Because of this conflict, we often find ourselves living in two worlds with the necessity of catering to both of them. Apparently, there is no way of running away from either one of them; and inasmuch as we do not want to lose the spiritual ground that we have gained by so much work, study, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, On the Sea of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 165K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 1, Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude
- Chapter One Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude Everybody is seeking a way out of human limitation, human failure, and human conditions, all the difficulties of human life. We, that is, those who have any degree of social awareness or social sensitivity are not only seeking a way out of lack and limitation for ourselves; we are seeking a way out of lack and limitation for all the nations that do not have abundance. We are not only seeking a way out of ill health for ourselves, we are seeking to find health and harmony for all the peoples of the world. We are not only seeking to find peace in our individual lives, we are also seeking to find peace for all peoples on the face of the earth. When I say, "we," I am speaking of all of us, in this work or out, in orthodox religions or unorthodox religions, and of those who have no religion. Every thinking person is seeking a way out of human difficulties and out of human limitation, not only for themselves, but for all the world. This concern has been going on for many, many centuries, and the wonder is that in all these centuries a way has not been found to take us out of these difficulties, these problems, and these human miseries. When we look around to investigate what means are being used to overcome world difficulties, we find that these means are usually on a material level. We have been trying to meet the needs of the world by means of all the material resources of the universe, by means of invention, science, and discovery. It is a turning to whatever exists in the material realm. Attempts to Solve Problems by Supernatural Means There are a few who turn to some particular concept of God and fare no better than those who resort only to material means. We may wonder at that until through research we discover that when the world was sparsely populated with only a few native tribes here and there on different continents and islands, and living without any religion, as the problems of human living became acute and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elf to a Spiritual Altitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 16, Sowing to the Flesh
- ... Though your sins were scarlet, you are white as snow. Those persons of Germany who feel this way, as well as the government of Germany, are freed from punishment. It is not the punishment of God. God never punished them for any of their sins. The sowing had to bring forth reaping. Now with the sowing of a message of this nature, there is the reaping of what we call forgiveness, or release from punishment. Thereby a nation is set free. If you do not understand this law of karma, you will not understand the reasons not only for the sufferings of many Americans individually, but for the horrors of our government-the discords and disharmonies that it is suffering, the lack of ability to arrive at a solution to any major problem. ... Impartially I must find a way not only to educate my children, but to help educate the children of those who cannot afford that education. I must clothe not only my children; I must find a way to help in the clothing of those children whose parents have not awakened yet to their true identity. From me must pour forth supply! I must give it in the mundane things in life, and I must give it in the more spiritual things, the prayers. The prayers for the enemy, the forgiveness of those who offend. I must pray without ceasing. I must abide in the Word and let the Word abide in me. I must fulfill all that the Master reveals as constituting the Son of God, the Christ of God. If I am to declare myself to be the Son of God, or the Christ of God, I must act like it. I must not take the Name, I must not wear the Garment, and then not fulfill it. That is hypocrisy, that is spiritual wickedness in high places! If I call myself the Son of God, I must set aside my time for the practice of forgiveness, of praying for the enemy, of resisting not evil, of not taking up the sword, of not retaliating, of not using "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." This is the beginning, then. If I know that the Law of supply is outgiving, outpouring, expressing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Sowing to the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 2, Creating A Vacuum For The Inflow Of The Spirit
- ~ 2 ~ CREATING A VACUUM FOR THE INFLOW OF THE SPIRIT PRAYER CAN NEVER BE ANSWERED unless there is a fitting preparation for prayer and unless the terms of prayer have been fulfilled. And there are terms. One of the terms is humility. Humility is the particular quality that admits God into our experience. True, as we develop spiritually, other qualities can make us more receptive and responsive to God, but one of the first qualities we must acquire is humility. TRUE HUMILITY Humanly our lives have been lived as if we of our own selves could accomplish wonders, as if we were sufficient unto ourselves, with all the wisdom, power, and strength necessary to go out and make or break this world. Too many of us have grown up with too much confidence and faith in our own powers and wisdom, and it is in this respect that the quality of humility must be developed in us. True humility is not self-depreciation, nor is it building an escape mechanism because of a faith in some unknown God or some unknown power. True humility understands that in the beginning God incarnated Itself * as our very being. God has imparted to us Its own nature and qualities. If we are loving, it is because there is a spark of God-love in us. If we are wise, it is because there is a spark of the infinite Wisdom in us. If we are well, it is because there is a spark of the divine Being in us. To understand our dependence upon the Infinite Invisible is the sense of humility that I ask you to ponder. It is not that you are less than another; it is not the sense of humility that bows down before some other human being: it is the humility that acknowledges a divine Grace, a divine Power, a supreme Being in operation. There is nothing of an enduring nature that man needs to pray for or about. That which is always has been, is now, and forever will be. Our praying will not bring it to pass one minute sooner than its time, nor would our cursing hold it back. That which God is doing God has been doing, and God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...or The Inflow Of The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1955, Protection
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Protection IN the material sense of life, the word "protection" brings up the thought of defense or armor, a hiding place from an enemy, or some sense of withdrawal from danger. In the mental sciences, protection refers to some thought or idea, or some form of prayer that would save one from injury or hurt from an outside source. In the use of the word "protection" thought is immediately drawn to the fact that existing somewhere is a destructive or harmful activity or presence or power, and that protection, by word or thought, is a means of finding security from this danger to one's self or one's affairs. In The Infinite Way we have learned that God is One: therefore, God is one power, and we live in that conscious One-ness. The moment the idea of God as One begins to dawn in consciousness we understand that in all this world there is no power and no presence from which we need protection. You will see this as you dwell on the word "Omnipresence," and realize that in this All-presence of Good you are completely alone with a divine harmony-a harmony which pervades and permeates consciousness, and is in itself the All-ness and the Only- ness of Good. Ponder this idea and meditate upon it, and note how the revelation and assurance comes to you, within your own being, that this is true: there is but One, and because of the nature of that One there is no outside influence for either good or evil. There is no presence or power to which to pray for any good that does not already exist as Omnipresence, right where you are. In your periods of communion note the assurance that comes with the realization that God alone is, and that God's Presence is infinite. There is no other power; there is no other Presence; there is no destructive or harmful influence in any person, place or thing; there is no evil in any condition. God could not be One and yet find an existence separate and apart from that One. God alone is being-think of that, God alone is Being. How ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism_ March 1955, Protection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1956, The Part We Play
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Part We Play Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua, the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:1-9 NOT only are these passages from Joshua a continuous assurance and reassurance of the omnipresence of God, Truth, they are also an admonition "to do according to all the law"-to remain in the realization of the Truth-with the promise that as long as we abide in the Truth, turning neither to the right nor to the left, "I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...arch 1956, The Part We Play.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 7, 1963, Meditation Is the Key
- MEDITATION IS THE KEY July 7, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. The entire secret of The Infinite Way lies not in the books, but in meditation. In fact the secrets of life or the mysteries of life are not to be found in any book or in any message. If messages alone could give us the secrets of life, then Lao-Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, John, Paul, or Shankara have given us all of the secrets that have ever been revealed or perhaps ever could be revealed; but unfortunately, as Paul wrote: "The natural man receiveth not the things of God." 1 The natural man, the creature, is not under the law of God and that is why no message can reveal truth to you until such time as you are no longer the natural man, but have become the child of God-until you have attained spiritual discernment. There is not any message that can reveal its secret to you. There are people who have found a higher lifetime of joyous freedom through Christian Science, through Unity, through The Infinite Way. Why then has not everybody who has read their books attained this same freedom, and the answer is this: The secret is not in the books, the secret is within you and until you discover the secret within you, you cannot find it in any books. The kingdom of God is within you. What is the kingdom of God, the realm of God? The consciousness of God, God-consciousness-this is the kingdom of God, this is the realm of God. The kingdom is not a temporal one. It is not built with streets, houses, or temples. The kingdom of God is a "Temple not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." 2 The kingdom of God is "neither lo here nor lo there." It is not up above you, nor beside you, nor beneath you. It is actually your own consciousness. This is heaven-this is the kingdom of God-this is the realm of God-and it is the only place in which you will ever find God. Do not look for God in a book or in a holy temple or in a holy man or a holy woman. This is folly. The kingdom of God is consciousness, but there is no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, Meditation Is the Key.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents