Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 4, We Cannot Solve a Problem on the Level of the Problem
- Chapter Four We Cannot Solve a Problem on the Level of the Problem The spiritual life is dedicated to the realization of God as the source, the cause of life, and even the effect itself. It is also a revelation of immortality. Immortality, however, does not mean longevity. In fact, longevity and immortality have no relationship whatsoever to each other. Longevity has to do with a little longer span of physical or human life, whereas immortality has to do with the complete circle of life, that is, pre-existence before you came to this plane, and your experience on this plane, as well as the completed circle of life which goes on after this human span and relates more to the life of the Spirit than to the physical sense of life. If you are to understand immortality-and you must understand it if you would enjoy health, harmony, vitality, and youth of mind and body-you must understand that it relates to your immortal life, the life that has no beginning, as well as the life that has no ending. You cannot think of immortality as merely the continuity of this life after death. Life Without Beginning and Without End To understand immortality means to understand the scriptural statement, "In the beginning God. . . ." 1 -in the beginning life, in the beginning your life-"God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him." 2 All creation has reference to the beginning, to God's own life as It is manifest or shown forth as the Son: God the Father and God the Son as one. Therefore, if you think of God as having no beginning and no ending, you must necessarily think of life as having no beginning and no ending, and if there is but one God, there is but one life. That one life, therefore, must be yours and mine, and it must be an immortal and eternal life. When you come to the teaching of the Master, you have it stated very clearly: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 3 . . . Before Abraham was, I am." 4 As a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on the Level of the Problem.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 1, Conscious Awareness
- ~ 1 ~ CONSCIOUS AWARENESS Many persons who are seeking for truth or striving to find a way that will lead them out of the inharmonies and discords of life gather the impression that there is some quick or short way of overcoming all their problems; that there is some kind of a message that they can read in books or hear from the lips of a teacher or lecturer, that will quickly take them away from the troubles of a material way of living into the harmonies of the spiritual life. This is the mistake that is made in every one of the Western countries. It is not so in the East, where the relative unimportance of time is better understood and where it is realized that an evolution of consciousness can take place only over a span of years. But in the West, where in one short life-cycle we have gone from lamplight to modern electric lighting and from the horse and buggy era to automobiles and airplanes, where there has been an increase in the speed of travel from 100 miles an hour to thousands of miles, we do not seem to have sufficient time or sufficient interest to take the time for the development of spiritual consciousness. Because of this unbelievably rapid progress, materially and mechanically, which has set the tempo of our times, many think that it is possible to apply this same accelerated speed to the spiritual life. But when it comes to spiritual unfoldment and spiritual progress, it is quite a different story. There, an element of time enters into the situation, and it is this element of time that our Western world seems unwilling to accept, or may not be able or prepared to accept. It is often possible for those of us who come to a spiritual teaching to have our problems quickly met-physical, mental, moral, or financial-but, of course, even if all our major problems were quickly met, we still would be no better off than we were before, except for a little temporary relief from the world's discords, because regardless of what freedom we attain through the help ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Conscious Awareness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 4, Reality
- ~ 4 ~ REALITY Christian Science understands all evil to be illusion and, necessarily, it declares human good equally without reality. It reveals that physical health is as much a belief as sickness. Likewise, material wealth is but the opposite belief of poverty. In order, then, that we do not vacillate between the beliefs of health and sickness, wealth and poverty, friendship and friendlessness, it becomes necessary that we come into the understanding of spiritual reality. Obviously we cannot measure our progress spiritward in terms of days or years of physical freedom or amount of dollars income. The measure of our progress is determined by the degree of our understanding of spiritual values. The natural result of our spiritual progress is a greater degree of harmony in what appears as our human affairs, but when this harmony is the result of spiritual realization we find no fluctuation and no vacillation. This spiritual, or real state of being, is exemplified in the Scriptures in such passages as, "And there shall be no night there," 1 and the revelation of light appearing although the sun was not yet created: "Let there be light: and there was light." 2 Again in the appearance of crops before the seed is planted. In these passages we find good appearing without dependence on material aid or accompaniment. Job says, "and hangeth the earth upon nothing," 3 again indicating spiritual power dependent on nothing tangible to human sense. Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, and this so-called miracle has never been explained, nor will it ever be to human sense. That spiritual sense comprehends and can duplicate it we know, because of the frequency with which this is done by the spiritually illumined of all ages. Moses fed the multitudes and provided water; Elijah provided food and healed even death, as did the Master Christian. Every real spiritual healing that takes place today is further proof, if proof were needed, that there is a realm of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 4, Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 7, The Law
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAW "The real jurisdiction of the world is in Mind, controlling every effect and recognizing all causation as vested in divine Mind." 1 Fruitful activity is an activity of mind; therefore, it is infinite, omnipresent, and never dependent on person or circumstance. Whatever intelligence, education, experience we may have has been given us of God and includes the opportunity for expression. We naturally include within ourselves, within our own consciousness, right activity and the opportunity for expressing that activity. Mind and its manifestation is one. Wherever there is mind, there is manifestation for they are one. This truth corrects the belief that we are ever separate or apart from our good. We include, embody, embrace within our consciousness all good. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 Nothing can be added to or taken from us. The one thing you must keep in thought is this: "The kingdom of God is within you." 3 Never should you look to anything or anyone for that which you seem to lack, but as soon as a need seems to become apparent, know that right then and there that which seems to be lacking exists as completed demonstration within you. As you acquire the habit of continually looking within your consciousness for the fulfillment of all needs, you will find that in a natural, normal way the fulfillment will appear. The human thought looks outside itself for peace, power, supply, but truth reveals that the divine mind is your only mind, and in this mind your completed experience is evident, and always as manifestation. There is no need to pray to God for anything. He continually pours forth his bounty as all that is required for your harmonious existence. This principle, or law, prevents evil in any form from touching you. If you will constantly practice throughout the day what has been written so far (until it becomes a veritable part of your consciousness), you will very quickly see things begin to happen. In this way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 7, The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:42- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Our Real Existence
- OUR REAL EXISTENCE OUR REAL existence is as Spirit, and only in the degree that we perceive our real existence as Spirit, do we drop the false sense of life as material. Then we see that the structural life of man, animal, and plant is but the false sense of existence; that our concern for the so-called necessities of material living has been unnecessary; that although the beauties we behold all hint at God's creation, they are not that spiritual and perfect creation; that the sick, aging, dying appearances are not at all a part of real life. When we arrive at this state of consciousness, we begin to catch glimpses of eternal spiritual existence, untouched by material conditions or mortal thoughts. As we turn from the world we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, we catch inspired visions which show forth the earth of God's creating. In healing work, we must turn from the structural universe which we see. We must remember that we are not called upon to heal it, change it, alter it, correct it, or save it. We are first of all to realize that it exists only as illusion, as the false sense of life. From this vantage point in consciousness, we behold through spiritual sense the "house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." We are apt to think of certain people as good providers, good earners, good salesmen, or good healers. Let us understand this correctly. It is never a person, but a state of consciousness, which heals, regenerates, paints, writes, or composes. The state of consciousness becomes visible to us as a person because of the finite concept we entertain of God and man. We often suffer disappointment when some people fail to live up to the picture we have formed of them. This is because we have ascribed the good qualities of consciousness to a person, and then when he fails to live up to those qualities we have erroneously believed to be the person, we suffer. In the Bible, we meet with the characters Moses, Isaiah, Jesus, and Paul. We should realize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ite Way_ Our Real Existence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 107K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 11, The Allness of God
- ~ 11 ~ THE ALLNESS OF GOD The primary purpose of our work is to bring forth our true identity as Spirit, as God made manifest, as Life, individually expressed in all of life's harmony and perfection. We, in our work, do not attempt just to turn sick people into well people, or poor people into rich people. Improving humanhood is not our main object. The fruitage of our work is improved health and supply, but the improvement of material conditions is not its prime object. These are only the "signs following." The primary object is to reveal God as individual being, to reveal that there are not God and man, but that there is only God, God appearing as individual you and individual me to reveal that "I and my Father are one." 1 There are not both a God and you, but since God is infinite, and God is all, then God must express Itself, manifest Itself, as you and as me. In this oneness, there is no room for sin, disease, lack, or limitation. There is no room for war or for unfair competition. There is no room for the evils of capitalism or the evils of communism. There is only room for the understanding of true being-the understanding of what it means to be God manifested individually, in all of God's glory. You will remember the prayer of the Master: "Father, glorify me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee." 2 Think what it would mean if we could stand forth here and now in all of God's glory. Think how impossible it would be to lack anything if we were showing forth the allness of God, if we were showing forth the truth of that statement, "Son . . . all that I have is thine." 3 According to Scripture, it is true that all that the Father hath is thine and mine. Once you and I begin to show forth that allness of God, how impossible it would be for any form of envy, jealousy, malice, or strife to enter into our daily experience. And that is the object of this work. The Infinite Way is not merely for the purpose of setting up better human beings, but to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, The Allness of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter V, Transcending Mind
- CHAPTER V TRANSCENDING MIND In the beginning, there was only one state of consciousness, the spiritual, but ever since the so-called Fall, man has been divided into three states of consciousness -the material, mental, and spiritual. Spiritual consciousness, when made flesh, is the perfect, immortal body, but few of all the billions of people who have lived on this planet have achieved spiritual consciousness, very few. Instead, throughout countless generations of humanhood, the world has been living in a material and mental state of consciousness, and for the most part, all that has been known is a material sense of the world, a world in which men make their living by the sweat of their brow and in which everything they do is done by physical or mental means. Even today the world has not risen too far above that physical sense of a universe, despite the fact that in this last century more of the mental has been revealed, although revealed primarily in the sense of the mental governing the physical. Out of that has come what is known as the science of right thinking, designed to manipulate the human scene. For example, if a person does not have a home, all he has to do is to catch hold of the right thought and the home appears, or if he does not have a satisfactory companion, just a little right thinking, and the old companion vanishes and a new one appears! If he suffers from some physical discord, just a little bit of right thinking, holding the "right thoughts," and lo and behold, the diseased body disappears and the harmonious body appears in its place. Even when this sort of mental therapy is effective, and it often is, those using this technique are still left with a physical universe-a physical body, a physical companion, a physical anything subject to the laws of good and evil-and the very next day it is possible for the discords and inharmonies to begin all over again. One part of the body is healed, and then another one speaks up; the problem of supply is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Transcending Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter VII, A Rose Is a Rose Is a Rose
- CHAPTER VII A ROSE IS A ROSE IS A ROSE No one can free himself from the belief in two powers and make the return to Eden until he is willing to relinquish his human judgments and look out upon the world with an unconditioned mind. The practice of seeing neither good nor evil can begin at this very moment with any object which comes within range of your vision or with any person with whom you may be confronted. In most cases, however, it is simpler to begin the practice with some object or person with whom you are not emotionally involved. The practice might begin with a bouquet of flowers which may have been sent to you as a gift. If you have no preconceived idea of them, you do not know whether they are going to give you joy in their beauty or an attack of hay fever. Contemplate them, look at them; and if you see them as having power for either good or evil, you will be thinking thoughts about them for a long time to come. Change all that and acknowledge that these flowers, in and of themselves, have no power whatsoever, that they are not good flowers and they are not bad flowers. At this point, you may be willing to admit that they are not evil, but you may still wonder why they are not good. The answer is that they are not good in the sense that good is embodied in them: The good is in the consciousness of the individual who provided the flowers because that good is love. Love is good, love is invisible and spiritual. Love is the substance that sent these flowers to you, perhaps from a great distance; love is that invisible thing of which these flowers are the visible expression. If you were to call these flowers good, and then in three or four days they faded and were gone, you would have lost your good, but inasmuch as their only value beyond a momentary sense of pleasure lies in the lasting remembrance of the giver-of the love that prompted them, of the devotion, the friendship and gratitude-it makes no real difference what happens to them. When the flowers ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Rose Is a Rose Is a Rose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:39- 105K
Find Similar Documents