Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 17, God Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 17 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER ORIGINALLY WE CAME TO THE STUDY OF TRUTH for our own good. Most of us have come to this work because of some sin or disease or lack in our experiences. Probably some of you came seeking only God. But I think the experience of most practitioners is that they find that most come to this truth seeking for release from the cares and the ills of the world. I came that way. Most of the people I know have come that way. For awhile it is a very satisfying experience to learn that physical ills can be met through prayer or treatment, through spiritual power. It is a very thrilling thing to experience a healing, especially if materia medica has said that the disease is serious or fatal. Some of these healing experiences will never be forgotten by those who have had them. After the First World War, I was given the very pleasant news that I had less than three months to live, and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. There was no known healing agency, no known cure for my trouble. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then, they still have no cure for that particular disease. In three months, though, I was completely healed, so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921! I have had many other healings of that nature through spirit, and I have also witnessed thousands of healings. Many minor claims, true, but some very major ones also, according to materia medica. I don't have to rehearse all that for most of you, because probably everyone here has had some similar experience, either with disease or with sin. I have told this before, I don't know whether in these talks or not, but certainly in classes, that in 1928, just as I was sitting with a practitioner, all of the smoking habit, drinking habit, and card playing habit disappeared. These were not great vices, but errors according to our spiritual way of living. All of these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 5, Judge Not According to the Appearance
- Chapter Five Judge Not According to the Appearance God is the creative principle of the universe. But could there be a God without a universe to which He could be a principle or a law? God is not an unexpressed God. God and Its infinite individuality exist and express simultaneously and instantaneously. I know of no other words to use to bring out the truth that I cannot exist except as I express. Take away expression and what do you have as I? Nothing. Has there ever been a time when there was a principle of mathematics but no 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Did the principle of mathematics suddenly decide to appear as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Or are the principles of mathematics and its number values simultaneous and instantaneous? Is there a principle of music without do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do or its equivalent in tone? Could there be a principle of music without musical values? If your answer is "Yes," there must have been a principle of music without anything to which it could be a principle. The principle of music is what sustains do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do in their natural values, just as the principle of mathematics sustains to eternity the values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. But what would the principle of mathematics or music do without numbers and notes? Consciousness Is Conscious Of There is much misleading teaching today on the point that you and I do not exist, that only God exists. How could that possibly be true? Behind what I am saying is the consciousness that exists as the consciousness of that which exists. Consciousness does not exist as a blank. Consciousness exists conscious of. It could not be consciousness unless it were conscious of. This may sound like an intellectual analysis, but behind it is an intuitive knowledge that there is no awareness without something of which to be aware. Just as mathematics has its numbers and music its notes, so this principle of Life, which is also the principle of mathematics and music, has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...According to the Appearance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 3, Easter, A Rising Out Of Material Sense
- ~ 3 ~ EASTER, A RISING OUT OF MATERIAL SENSE THE MAJOR PRINCIPLE OR REVELATION OF THE INFINITE WAY is that God is consciousness, and that infinite divine Consciousness forms Itself as individual being, as my individual consciousness and yours, not a portion of It, but all of It. Most persons have been taught that man begins from a seed, and they have been led to believe that there is something not quite spiritual about the whole idea of conception and birth. They have thought of creation as an act of man and woman, about which there has always lurked some feeling of wrongness, and in their sense of creation there is something wrong because it means that they are accepting man as a creator. But man is not a creator, and the belief that he is has given rise to the idea that man is brought forth in sin and in iniquity. The truth is that the activity of creation begins with the Spirit of God pouring into individual consciousness as love. That divine love pours from your consciousness into your mind and tangibly it brings unto you your own with whom you are one, and then the idea of love, union, and oneness comes forth as the creation of the next generation. There is nothing sinful, nothing evil, nothing finite, nothing mortal about it at all. It all has its beginning in conscious union with God. While there cannot be a material creation because God is the only creator and God is Spirit, a material sense of creation has been entertained, and that is where this whole feeling of sin or wrongness comes from. All human experience has its foundation in a material sense of a spiritual universe. What is called the immorality and delinquency of this age has its basis in that same material sense, because since our young people have not been taught to understand that their first duty every day is to establish their conscious oneness with the Source so that they are animated throughout the day and night by the Spirit, they have sought satisfaction on the level of mind and body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ising Out Of Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 12, Mind and Its Idea One
- ~ 12 ~ MIND AND ITS IDEA ONE Mind and its idea, life and its expression, these are one, inseparable and indivisible. The continuity of life is maintained by infinite and eternal law, or principle. The Son of God is forever one with the Father. That which God has created is forever manifested. In other words, life cannot be deprived of its manifestation; spirit cannot lose its formations, mind cannot be separated from its ideas; love always expresses itself, and the varied expressions of love are eternal and immortal. This is true of God and man, of God and his activity. God, life, truth, love, harmony, perfection, all these are infinite in being and in manifestation. Error, evil, disease are appearances without entity or identity, without presence or power, without law, action, volition, or continuity. Having no law to enforce them, they have no being; having no cause or creator, they do not exist as effect. Infinite life, its activity and harmony are eternally expressed as God's manifested being-man and the universe. There is not a single element of error, discord, or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, in spirit or its formations, in life or its expressions. This is the law of life and the law of mind-the ever-operating law of good. It reveals the reality of being, dispelling the false appearances of sense. This is the law unto you. The basic premise of Christian Science is that God is infinite being and that man is that being expressed in all its perfection and harmony. Therefore, a sick, sinning, evil, unkind, ungenerous man has no existence anywhere at any time, and the belief that there is such a man must be overcome in your thought. "Man is the expression of God's being" 1 -"God is infinite, therefore ever present, and there is no other power nor presence." 2 It follows, then, that you are being called upon to refute the testimony of the senses and to behold "in Science the perfect man . . . where sinning mortal man appears to mortals." 3 This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 12, Mind and Its Idea One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 11, When Peace Descends
- XI when peace descends T HE WORLD THAT GOD made in six days is the world that we are making with our labors. We are creating our new world every day with our mental and spiritual labors. We are creating a whole new world for ourselves, a whole new consciousness, and one day we will realize that we have reached it. Our labors have not been in vain. The Christ is risen; we have entered. "My people must enter a period of rest, a Sabbath," 1 in which life is by grace, "not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit." 2 And never forget this: It is a real experience, living by the power of God. It is not a biblical phrase. It is a real experience, living by the Spirit of God, living by grace, living in the Sabbath, where you no longer "take thought for your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink or wherewithal ye shall be clothed," 3 but My spirit goeth before you. The movement, the transition from law to grace, is done by you, within your consciousness, at a specific moment. It could be a moment like this one, in which you decide that the time has come to stop living by chance, by averages, by insurance statistics. In other words, the time has come to stop being a statistic, and to move out from among them. Come out and be separate and live under grace. It can only happen in one way. "If so be the Spirit of God be in you, then are you the children of God." 4 Until that time, you are a mortal; you are a human being; you are subject to age, change, limitation, war, peace, depression, boom, health, sickness, life and death, chance, luck, and horoscopes. But when you make the transition filled with the Spirit of God, "then are you children of God, and if children, heirs, and if heirs, joint-heirs with Christ in God to all of the spiritual kingdom." 5 "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." 6 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other, we visualize Jesus, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 11.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 62K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XVIII, The Function of the Mind
- CHAPTER XVIII THE FUNCTION OF THE MIND After we have been in the First Degree long enough for its lessons to solidify in consciousness, we begin to realize that we ourselves are responsible for our character and for the harmonies or discords that are coming into our experience, and that it is within our power to prevent or remove the discords and inharmonies of life from being a part of our experience. When we were living only as human beings, it was largely a matter of chance or luck whether the right circumstances came or the wrong, the right person or the wrong. The one thing every human being is sure of is that he is not responsible for the ills that befall him and, if he is honest, he will have to admit that he is not too responsible for the good things that happen either: they just happen. When we realize that we ourselves have it within our power to determine our experience, that we could have prevented most of our troubles had we only known what we know now, and moreover that we can begin at any moment to change the entire course of our experience, we begin to take hold of our life and mold it in accord with our desires, not just accepting what someone thrusts upon us or what the world deals out to us. As we sow, so shall we reap. In the human experience it is we, ourselves, who are forming our own life, and we are doing it either by living a materialistic kind of life or by beginning to understand that we can live by the word of God if we will but take the word of God into our life. We reap what we sow. In the Second Degree a great principle is revealed: a mind imbued with truth is a law of harmony unto our life; a mind ignorant of truth results in a life of chance, luck, and circumstance, a life over which we have no control. We can control our life only in proportion to the truth we entertain in our consciousness. We ourselves can determine whether we want one hour out of twenty-four of harmony, or twenty-four out of twenty-four. We alone can determine ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I, The Function of the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled
- ~ 4 ~ TRUTH UNVEILED Every book of spiritual wisdom you have read has brought about a greater spiritualization of your consciousness, what might be called the peeling off of the onion skin, or the refining of consciousness. Each book, each class, and each principle taken into consciousness has prepared you for the one ahead, leading to greater unfoldment and toward that "act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness." 1 Always, since my first spiritual experience, living in two worlds has been difficult for me-living in that higher Consciousness and then coming down to earth, going back into that Consciousness and coming back down to earth-but never was it as difficult as in 1963. That year marked another period of initiation for me, but, even though in 1962 I knew it was to be, I had no knowledge of its intensity, its length, or the nature of the message that would be revealed. It is not unnatural, therefore, that that year should have revealed the higher unfoldment, the higher Consciousness. This you will understand as you study the work that came through during this period. With each successive unfoldment, something was breaking through, leading to the teaching of going beyond words and thoughts, of going beyond the mind. This idea you will find in all the 1963 work, 2 revealing the nature of life as it is lived when you go beyond the mind and beyond thoughts: beyond taking thought, beyond reasoning. This is the revelation of the nature of Sabbath and of Grace. A work of this kind leads to the highest point in consciousness that has yet been revealed in the Infinite Way, and it would seem that it is the high point in the revelation of both Moses and Jesus, and probably also that of Buddha. The Middle Path The fleshly sense of man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, Spirit. The healthy fleshly sense is as illusory as the sickly sense, and the sense of good man is as illusory as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 9, The Issues of Life Are in Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ THE ISSUES OF LIFE ARE IN CONSCIOUSNESS Spiritual consciousness is the opposite of all we have been taught from infancy. For one thing it is a reversal of the commonly accepted idea of substance as that which we can see, feel, touch, or handle. So much effort is put into acquiring money, property, or merchandise that the world places its value in these things. Why are wars fought? Why are political elections held? Why the eternal struggle to try to own a business or create a monopoly? Is it not primarily for the purpose of acquiring money, property, or merchandise? All the thousands of years that this has been going on, people have not learned that even after these things are acquired there is no assurance of their being able to hold onto them or that they will buy the things they hoped to get. A gross materialist does not work for money for the sake of getting money. He believes that the money will buy something called satisfaction, pleasure, security, peace of mind, or power. Few persons think that money in and of itself is valuable. Even the man who owns a gold mine is not satisfied to keep the gold. He has to translate it into some other substance. Everyone who struggles for money expects to trade it, or some of it, for those things called peace of mind, health, or power. It is the same with those who gormandize. It is not the food they care about. Always in connection with the eating or overindulgence in food or drink is the belief that the indulgence will bring satisfaction. Where the materialist differs from those of spiritual vision is that the materialist believes that he must first accumulate the matter and then exchange it for spiritual values. In that he fails. The person of spiritual vision does not believe that spiritual qualities can be purchased with money, property, or merchandise. Rather he has arrived at the realization that they come from some fountain within his own being having nothing to do with money, and that a person may have no money ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Life Are in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 2, Rising into Spiritual Consciousness
- CHAPTER 2 RISING INTO SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS In our work we do not ask for loyal followers. Certainly I do not want any personal followers, and I am sure that those who get anywhere in this work will never want personal followers. Our only desire must be to share with others whatever God-given Grace we have so that they can find God too. But no one will ever find God by merely following a particular teaching and obeying its rules and regulations. You find God through the study of the letter of Truth combined with meditation, prayer, and a very humble desire to know God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." There have been Catholic mystics, Protestant mystics, Christian Science mystics, Unity mystics, and New Thought mystics who knew God aright. In any one of their teachings, there is enough Truth and light to lead you to the Kingdom of God although there are many errors in them. It makes no difference whether you are an Infinite Way student, a Christian Scientist, or some other. You will achieve results even if you are following a teaching that is not entirely correct in its statements of Truth as long as you are not merely concerned about glorifying the teaching. Any teaching must be considered only as an aid in your search for the light of revelation. Do not follow a teaching just to be thought of as some kind of loyal follower of the teaching or of the teacher. All you have to be concerned with is knowing God aright and with your relationship with God, and staying with it through the trials and tribulations until it brings you to the spiritual experience of knowing God. When that experience takes place, you will lose all anxiety and fear for yourself. Fear and responsibility will drop away. Your supply will begin to flow without your taking thought for your life. You will no longer have to support yourself by physical or mental means. You will know that you are the same infinite spiritual being that you now are no matter whether you are sick or well, or dead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nto Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 127K
Find Similar Documents