Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 5, Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer & Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ RISING TO MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS IN PRAYER AND TREATMENT In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," * or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of the Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sness in Prayer & Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 6, The Light Breaking Through
- ~ 6 ~ THE LIGHT BREAKING THROUGH Primal, original Consciousness is pure, infinite, harmonious, and all-good; and this is the consciousness of individual being. When we cut ourselves off or are cut off from that infinite divine Consciousness and come to have a mind and a life of our own, separate from God, we are no longer under the law of God. Life then becomes a matter of chance, a statistic: sometimes good and sometimes evil, but more often evil than good. The only hope for a restoration to harmony is to return to the Father's house and be united again consciously with God. Fortunately, this does not depend upon us. It is not our human efforts that bring us back to God. It is the grace of God breaking through. I hope that none of us will ever think that we brought ourselves to a spiritual teaching or that we are responsible for remaining on the spiritual path or for any spiritual progress in our life. This would destroy all our chances for real progress. If we think of the millions of people on earth who from almost any standpoint are as good or better than we are and who are not on the Path, but are surely entitled to be on the spiritual path as much as we are, it must be clear that we have not come this far because we deserve it or because we have chosen God. To believe that we of ourselves have chosen a spiritual pathway would be egotism in its final stage. No, God has chosen us. The finger of God has touched us, not because we have earned it, deserved it, or are better than the rest of mankind, but for reasons which go back long before our present experience on earth, reasons that have to do with evolving consciousness which always comes to fruition in its own time. "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you. . . . I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." 1 As we evolve from state to state of consciousness, at last we return to where we were in the beginning with all the glory we had with God before the human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Light Breaking Through.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 17, The Power of Truth
- CHAPTER 17 The Power of Truth WE ARE all brothers and sisters, we are One, and we are one Family. All that my Father hath is yours, the same as all that my Father hath is mine-because it is the same Father speaking to the same Son, which you are and which I am. The moment I see that this is your relationship, do you not realize there is a bond between us? I did not establish that bond nor did you. God established that bond. However, I recognize it and have brought myself into obedience to it and to oneness with it, and now this Law of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man is in operation in my life. By my perceiving this, not only my attitude to you changes, but your attitude to me changes. Remember, I am speaking of everyone in this world. So even when I go out into the world of strangers, into the hotels, into the airports, into the publishing market, into the business world or any other, just think what happens in my recognition that all these people are offspring of God-my brothers and my sisters. I have this feeling toward them, and can you not see what feeling must come back to me? It is better than an insurance policy, I promise you; much better. This is because the love that is poured out must come back. It has to; it's continuously like "bread cast upon the waters": it goes out, true, but the next tide brings it back. So it is that this love that is poured out-and you must see the nature of this love-is a love that is Truth, really. This Truth I am pouring out in the recognition of you as my brother or my sister, child of my Father. It compels me to treat you honorably. It compels me not to act towards you in any manner that I wouldn't act towards a member of my household. It compels me because you are of my household. The fact that we live under different roofs has nothing to do with it. Lots of my family live under different roofs. It doesn't change our relationship. Now, this very love that I am pouring out, this very Truth of being, you can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 17, The Power of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIV, Under the Shadow of the Almighty
- CHAPTER XIV UNDER THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. PROVERBS 3:23 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him: With him is an arm of flesh; but with us in the Lord our God to help us, and to fight our battles. II CHRONICLES 32:7, 8 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour, thou savest me from violence. II SAMUEL 22:3 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. PSALM 18:2 As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the Lord is round about his people from henceforth even for ever. PSALM 125:2 For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her. ZECHARIAH 2:5 The Bible is filled with promises of safety to those who live consciously in the presence of God. It testifies to a God who is available in every experience and in every circumstance of our existence; but it does not promise the world immunity from disaster-from earthquake, floods, or fire. As long as human beings are living in this world, they will experience some of the cataclysmic effects of the world's materialistic thinking. But the promise is clear that if there is famine, if there are floods, if there is fire, war, or bombs, those who live in God will walk through them, they will not in any wise touch them. Why is this? Why should they be singled out to be saved from the world's disasters? Most churchgoing people assume that these biblical promises of safety apply to them, that they are of the household of God and are the ones to whom these evils will not come nigh. But strangely enough when war and disaster come, these very persons who have led good and upright lives ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Shadow of the Almighty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Soul
- SOUL THE SOUL is a part of man which is little known and only seldom realized. Often those in the depths of some deep sorrow break through the mist of material sense to the recesses of their inmost being, where they discover the Soul, or Reality, of being. They become Soul-conscious, and find new values, new resources, new and different strength, and an existence of an entirely different nature. The exercise of the Soul-faculties results in breaking the illusions of sense. All human discords are products of material sense and are experienced through the five physical senses - that is, all mortal inharmonies are seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled. Existing only in this material state of consciousness, discords and disease have their being merely as false sense, or illusion, though naturally seeming very real to the senses. There are many means of securing temporary relief from erroneous conditions of health, wealth, and other inharmonies of daily existence. Complete and final destruction of error comes only through the achievement and exercise of the faculties of the Soul. The Soul is that part of man which lies buried deepest within him and is therefore seldom realized. We use our mathematical faculties and our musical faculties because these lie nearest the surface of our being, and much more than these, even, our ordinary business faculties and our sense of direction, or even our artistic sense, but artists and authors and skilled musicians go deeper within their being and bring forth the great harmonies of fine music, good literature, paintings, sculpture, and architecture. Hidden even deeper than these, yet within the reach of our own consciousness, lies the Soul and Its faculties. These Soul-powers, when touched by us, come forth from within us and reach every avenue of our daily life, giving inspiration, beauty, peace, joy, and harmony to each moment of our existence and clothing every event in our experience with love, understanding, and success. Those too ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iles/The Infinite Way_ Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment
- Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," 1 or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of The Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess in Prayer and Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 151K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVI, My Kingdom Is Not of This World
- CHAPTER XXVI "MY KINGDOM IS NOT OF THIS WORLD" To live in My kingdom is to live in the circle of eternity. "This world" is the world of mankind, but My kingdom is of an entirely different nature. My kingdom is not the realm of physical health. My kingdom is not the realm of material riches. We all know what constitutes physical health, but what is the health of My kingdom? What is the health of the spiritual kingdom? What is God's state of health, and the state of health of the son of God? We know of what material supply and material wealth are constituted, but what are heavenly riches? What does it mean to be "joint-heir to all the heavenly riches"? What are the heavenly riches to which we are heir, and yet which we are not enjoying in the human scene? They cannot have anything to do with such things as money, investments, or property because "My kingdom is not of this world." On the spiritual path, therefore, there is no use in going to "My kingdom" to get something for this world. We must seek first the kingdom of God; we must learn how to pray so that in praying to a God of Spirit we are praying only for heavenly riches, spiritual health, and spiritual companionship. As long as we are trying to get material riches, physical health, or human companionship, that is what we will get, and it will sometimes be good and sometimes evil, sometimes right and sometimes wrong, because all materiality is made up of the belief in two powers-good and evil. But if we keep our consciousness aligned with spiritual reality and keep our desires in the realm of spiritual form and spiritual well-being, we shall experience the joy and the peace of spiritual oneness. To seek to know the nature of heavenly riches, of spiritual health, and of spiritual companionship is not seeking for anything of a material or human nature: it is a resting in the Grace of the spiritual kingdom. The word "Grace" cannot be translated into such things as money, houses, or families. We have to leave the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ingdom Is Not of This World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:04- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 2, The False & Right Sense of I
- ~ 2 ~ THE FALSE AND RIGHT SENSE OF I The Infinite Way reveals that God is infinite individual being and, therefore, God constitutes our being. Whatever is spiritual, eternal, and immortal in us is God-being. That which is mortal, human, and finite is not an expression of God but an illusion and cannot be raised up to the atmosphere of Christhood. It must "die," but that death is not what normally is thought of as death. It is the death of the false concept of God and man that has been built up throughout the years, which constitutes what may be called the human experience. As we "die daily" 1 to that human experience, we are reborn into the spiritual experience. Jesus acknowledged his sonship with the Father, and at the same time denied power to his humanhood when he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing." 2 Can we hope to do more than Jesus did and claim more for ourselves than he claimed? When he was called "Good Master," 3 Jesus even went so far as to deny that. "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 The truth is that God, the Father, appears individually as God, the son. If we were to say that we express God, we would be trying to have some power of our own. But this we do not have. God, being infinite, God alone can express Itself, and God expresses Itself as individual being. It is God expressing, not man expressing, and God expressing becomes you and me in our spiritual identity. God always is the presence and God always is the power. Never do we have power, never. All power is God-power as it flows forth from the Godhead, appearing as our individual capacity. If it were your capacity or mine, it would be limited, but because all capacity is God-capacity, it is infinite. Jesus understood his own nothingness and thus became the instrument through which the allness of God could appear. Potentially anyone who can sufficiently understand the nothingness of humanhood can in that degree show forth God's allness. THE TROUBLEMAKER ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he False & Right Sense of I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 9, Meditation on Nonpower
- Chapter Nine Meditation on Nonpower The normal, natural thing for human beings to do is to think of the way in which they would like good to unfold, but this often proves to be a barrier to receiving their good. Whenever possible, a person must stop thinking in terms of some form of good and return to the idea of omnipresence. One way in which it is possible to turn away from seeking forms of good is to close your eyes and notice that there is a black void in front of you, an emptiness. Begin to realize that right there in that black emptiness is the presence of God. I am looking into this immense space which is filled with God. The kingdom of God is within me, and I am opening out a way for the glory of that kingdom to escape. But the space which you see with your eyes closed may not always be a black space. Sometimes it is a bright light; sometimes colors come into it. It really makes no difference, however, whether it is a white light, a rainbow of colors, or a deep black. You are looking into it with closed eyes and realizing that it is the infinity of God within you and without, filling all space. The infinity of my good is here within. The infinite substance, law, life, and activity of my good are here where I am. Out of this silent Infinite Invisible, my good appears each day, each hour of each day, in whatever form may be necessary. I do not know what my good should be an hour from now. I do not know where it should take place; I do not know what form my good should assume; but I do know that right here where I am, right here in this great silence in which I am, my good is. Just as the Spirit is working silently all night to bring daylight in the morning, just as this great Silence is working invisibly to bring forth leaves and buds and blossoms on the trees, so this Light, Life, or Presence is working silently to bring forth my good. I am contemplating God in the midst of me, keeping my mind stayed on God, on this all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Meditation on Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 118K
Find Similar Documents