The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Contemplative Meditation
- Contemplative Meditation The entire harmony of your life and the success of the activities of your life depend upon your remembrance and practice of meditation. A meditation should be directed toward the realization of oneness with God. You should not be thinking of any desired demonstration or of any desired good in your life, of any particular person, circumstance, or condition. Your entire attention should be given to the realization of God, always bearing in mind that the kingdom of God is within you, neither lo here nor lo there, but within you. You will never find it by looking for it in any place other than within your own being. Once you realize that what you are seeking is within, you will give your entire attention, thought, and activity to that point within you: not within your body, but within your consciousness. Do not think of any part of your body, of any organ or function of the body: think only of some point within your consciousness and remember that somewhere within you there is a point of contact, a point wherein you and your Father become consciously one. You and your Father are already one, but that relationship of oneness is of no benefit to you until there is a conscious realization of it. There are far too many students who, because they have been taught that "I and my Father are one" 1 and that they are children of God, believe that this is all that is necessary to bring harmony into their experience. This is not true. There must be an actual contact; there must be an actual experience of oneness. Something must take place within them that brings the assurance that they have realized the Presence. Let Each Meditation Be an Individual Experience This awareness of having made a contact may take any number of forms. At times when this contact is made, it is followed by a deep breath, or there may be an awareness of receiving an impression as if some message were being given to you, or there may even be the still small voice that sometimes is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r_ Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 28, 1963, Above Karmic Law: Principles to Live by
- ABOVE KARMIC LAW: PRINCIPLES TO LIVE BY July 28, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When I had been in the healing practice for about five years, I was taken very ill and the practitioner who was taking care of me reached the conclusion that I was not being reached and would probably pass on that night. To me it was particularly strong that it would be that night. In the middle of the night my mother and a favorite aunt, both of whom had passed on some years before, came to my bedside and told me they had come to "make my way across an easy one." They said it was a joyous experience and I was not to fear it, but being something new for me they were there to help. Suddenly I said, "No, Mom, I am not going. I have done nothing in this world to justify even the birth pangs that you had to bring me here, and I cannot go that way. . . . I cannot go without fulfilling myself. I have healed a few hundred people of their ills, but even though it were ten thousand people or three million people, that is no accomplishment. No, I must stay here and find a reason and a purpose for living." The following morning I wakened so much better that I was able to go to my office. Then I discovered why I was not pleased for having healed a few hundred people, and why I would not have been satisfied had I healed ten thousand people. No, because I have never been interested in that phase of life. All my life my interest has been in principles, the principles whereby men can live more joyously. Not only the people who find my religion, but all men: the whites and the blacks and the yellows and the browns, the rich and the poor, the literate and the illiterate. I realized the only thing that can benefit people in the long run are principles to live by and from that time on, more than ever before I was consciously awake to the seeking of principles. So it was, in late 1938 or 1939, the V oice told me that I must seek the secret of the impersonal Christ and impersonal healing. In ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Law_ Principles to Live by.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1958, Praying Aright
- ... The inner communion helps to purify us, but a little conscious effort toward controlling our grosser feelings also helps us to reach that deeper communion. Inner communion results in an outer activity of harmony and peace, but no one can live in that inner communion if he is violating such spiritual laws as those that have been revealed by Christ Jesus. No one can expect to live an inner life of communion with signs following if, at the same time, he is hating his fellow-man, entertaining prejudice or bigotry, indulging in miserliness, or withholding forgiveness, understanding, or cooperation. Inner communion under such circumstances is an impossibility. Establishing a Conscious Awareness of the Presence In the early morning hours, before the day's activities have begun, we must be sure that we have established ourselves in God's grace and that we are in the rhythm of God-consciousness. ... Then we can go about our day's work: We have prayed-we have prayed ourselves into the very kingdom of heaven; we have prayed ourselves into God's grace. It may be necessary at noon or in the afternoon or evening when the distresses of the day crowd in to re-establish this contact. Again we turn within. This time something of a quite different nature may come: "What have I against any man, and what has any man against me?" Immediately we begin inwardly to make peace: * God is love. God is forever loving; God's love is flowing through me to all this world. God's forgiveness touches everyone-the man born blind, the thief on the cross, the woman taken in adultery, the leper. God's grace is a state of forgiveness for everybody, and God's love and God's forgiveness flow through me to all the world. In this meditation, we have made peace with our brother, and now our prayer is fruitful. Again, that is only the first half of the prayer: The second half is sitting in the silence, receptive, responsive, waiting until the flow begins. Suddenly we are lifted up and we know that we are in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tember 1958, Praying Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Ever Present Christ
- The Ever Present Christ There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and it does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you; you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er_ The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 11, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 11 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN As you work and study and above all, as you meditate, you will find that the answers to most of the questions that may arise in your mind will be revealed to you in meditation. Entirely different from the knowledge gained through books is that which comes through unfoldment or revelation. A person to whom some spiritual truth has been revealed may be said to know that specific truth, at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment, but when he attempts to tell anyone else about it, it lacks the authority of first-hand revelation, unless it is imparted by an illumined consciousness, in which case it carries conviction. It is possibly not too broad a statement to say that the majority of the people of the world know practically nothing about the meaning of such apparent intangibles as God, Christ, Truth, Light, or Grace. The little that can be found in dictionaries and reference books is for the most part merely a faint tracing of a tremendously deep subject. Let us assume that we know little or nothing about the Christ. We do know this much, however, that the Christ is not a man; we know that the Christ is not a historical figure. We know that the Christ was not born at a particular time, in a particular country, or of a particular religion. We know that "before Abraham was, I am." 1 Before Abraham, the Christ is. Even unto the end of the world, the Christ is. The Christ is not a person, but rather a presence. But if anyone tried to heal somebody by means of that explanation he would very likely fail because such knowledge of the Christ would be merely in the realm of the intellect. Too much of truth is intellectually known; too little has been realized, and that is the reason for so many failures in healing. Our metaphysical study has convinced many of us intellectually that this is a spiritual universe and that all physical structure-good or bad, healthful or sick-is but an illusory sense of the ever-present harmonious reality. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 17, The Ever Present Christ
- ~ 17 ~ THE EVER PRESENT CHRIST There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and It does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you: you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...17, The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 10, Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself
- Chapter Ten Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself A spiritual teaching can never be known or taught through or by the human mind. Only a person who has attained some measure of that mind that was in Christ Jesus, the ability to discern spiritually, can teach spiritually. Then his teaching ultimates in lifting up the consciousness of the individual, raising up the son of God, and developing spiritual discernment in the student. If a person had all the knowledge of truth that is in all the Infinite Way books, he would still find himself without spiritual power, unless in the study or reading of the books his spiritual discernment had been developed. Since spiritual truth is the very opposite of what might be called common sense or intelligence in the human world, obviously, imparting spiritual wisdom is difficult and, if not clearly understood, impossible. The first thing that must be understood is what a teacher is trying to accomplish. And what is he trying to accomplish but to educate the human mind out of itself? Good and Evil, Determined by Our Conditioning The human mind is made up of certain laws, theories, and convictions that have been inherent in it for generations, and which are inherited at birth. One of these is the belief in good and evil. The human mind is convinced of the existence of good and evil and decides for itself what is good and what is evil. Interestingly enough, what is good in one place may be evil in another place. What is evil in one place may be good in another. Furthermore, what is evil to one person can be good to another. You may have a beautiful garden of roses which to you is magnificent, God's perfect expression, but another person may become ill with rose fever from being in that garden with the roses. To some persons, animals, cats, and dogs may be the most loving creatures of God, but another person is made miserable and sneezes all day and all night after being in their presence. To one, the dog or the cat becomes evil, and to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Human Mind Out of Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents