Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 3, The Nature of Spiritual Discernment
- ... No Destruction in God's Creation God never created a destructive law. In reality there is no such thing as a law of disease or a law of death. To attain our freedom from these means to attain the power of spiritual discernment, so that we can see the nature of God's law, and in the presence of that power of discernment, the material sense of law evaporates. All the evils of this world are man-created, that is, they are mind-created. They are the creation of that which is called the Lord God, or law. It is the mistaken belief that this law, or Lord God, was God that has resulted in the slavery of the entire world-physical, mental, moral, and financial slavery-and all because the ancient Hebrew Scriptures that spoke of God and a Lord God were interpreted as if both terms meant God, and they do not. The Lord God is the law, and this law is done away with in Christ. Sooner or later the world will realize that the law and God are not the same. The law has to do with as-ye-sow-so-shall-ye-reap, but there is no such law in God. In God there is forgiveness seventy times seven. In God there is not as-ye- sow-so-shall-ye-reap, and it serves you right. Rather, there is, "'Neither do I condemn thee,'6 I forgive thee. I do not judge or condemn thee. I set thee free." So all that has been accepted as the good and evil of God is an error. Only those who realize the nature of God as immortal Being can understand that there can be no destruction in God or the creation of God: no beginning to it, no ending to it. It is a state of immortality. Spiritual Healing, an Activity of Spiritual Discernment Since we were born into the human mind with its belief in good and evil and into the belief that there are God-laws of good and evil, we cannot rise above them except by a conscious act of our consciousness, consciously withdrawing good and evil from this world and its people, and then saying, "Father, I know not how to pray; I know not how to judge; I know not how to understand; I know not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XI, The Relationship of Oneness
- CHAPTER XI THE RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS Your world and mine is an outpicturing of our consciousness: When that consciousness is imbued with truth, our universe expresses harmony, orderliness, prosperity, joy, peace, power, and dominion; when there is an absence of truth in our consciousness-an acceptance of world values and world beliefs-then our world takes on the complexion of the chance, change, and luck characteristic of world belief. All conditions reflect the activity of the consciousness of the individuals concerned. Your world is embodied in your consciousness; it reflects the state of your consciousness because your consciousness governs your world. Your awareness of truth is the law unto your world; but, on the other hand, your ignorance of truth likewise becomes a law unto it. For example, there is no law of darkness because you know that darkness can be dispelled by the presence of light. Yet in the absence of light, darkness would claim presence; and just so in the absence of truth in your consciousness, ignorance, lies, appearances, discords, and inharmony claim to be present. Therefore, in the absence of the activity of truth in your consciousness, your world will reflect chance, luck, human belief, medical belief, or astrological belief; but the activity of truth operating in and as your consciousness becomes a law of harmony unto everything in your world and makes everything concerning you reflect the harmony of your consciousness. Suppose that you find yourself in a situation where you are faced with a roomful of people with whom you must work in some capacity or other-talk to them, instruct them, or serve them. As you look at them, they present a variety of appearances-good people, bad, sick, well, rich, and poor. How can you establish a sense of oneness with all these people? To feel a sense of union with any other person means, first of all, that you must make your contact with the Spirit within and find your own completeness; you must make your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Relationship of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 20, Problems
- ~ 20 ~ PROBLEMS In the working out of a problem, it would seem to me that the first step would be to forget yourself and the problem as it appears and study more about the universal nature of good. As you begin to look away from self and personal problems and dwell more in thought on the universality of 2×2 being 4, or do, re, mi following each other, and of the law of "like begetting like," you will see how impossible it would be for you to be anywhere outside of divine law, divine protection, and divine action. When we plant a rose seed we know, of course, that only a rose can come forth. We do not go into any ecstasies of delight about the wonders of the rose seed because we know that it is not the rose seed itself that produced the rose, but the law of "like begetting like" acting upon the seed. Planting the seed in fertile soil, giving it sufficient water and sun, the rose is inevitable, and even the seed itself could not prevent the fulfillment. Also, when we place 2 and 2 together, 4 is inevitable, and this is not by any virtue of the objects or numbers that are brought together, but because of the operation of the law of mathematics. These illustrations apply to us in like manner. Divine law governs its creations. The only God there is, is principle, the principle of our being, and it would be impossible for our affairs to get outside the operation of this law. Then all the error, inharmony, discord, that is apparent to us is, as a matter of fact, not present at all, but exists only as belief and must be so understood. A belief operates as a law only until its true nature is discerned, just as the belief that 3 × 3 is 8 vanishes without any further effort on our part. We do not have to destroy it or rise above it, because it vanishes of its own nothingness, its non-existence. Let us know that "whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever;" 1 that there is not a single element of error, discord, inharmony or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 20, Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 6, One Power
- ... God alone governs, and God does not share his government with man whose "breath is in his nostrils," for he isn't even to be accounted of. There can be no fear of this infinite, universal God. When you study scripture and see how the Hebrews lived their lives in fear of God's punishment, and then turn to the New Testament and realize that the Master gave as one of his reasons for being on earth, the forgiveness of sin and sinners, you know there is no reason under the sun for continuing to fear punishment for your sins of omission or commission. As a matter of fact, even if some of those sins should be continuing into our present experience, even if we have not reached the spiritual elevation in which all sin has departed from us-and who has?-even then we are to know we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of grace, under forgiveness, under God's grace, which not only wipes out the penalty for sin but wipes out the capacity for sin. Sometimes sin lingers on even after the penalty has been wiped out, but it isn't any different from the chicken that runs around after its head is cut off. It's just fooling us for a little while; it's dead but it doesn't know it. So, too, our past is dead, ... These cannot be laws if God is law. God is Spirit, therefore his law is spiritual. Then what we have termed law is recognized, not as law, but as an imposition, a universal malpractice that has been passed down to us, one we have accepted and demonstrated and which we must now consciously reject. We have to recognize frequently that we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of forgiveness. We have to remember every single day that we are not under law, we are under grace. We were under the law when we were under Moses. We came under grace when we came under Christ Jesus. But this grace cannot act except through our recognition and acceptance of it. The ways of God are exactly the ways of all God's work. There could be no automobiles and airplanes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ Chapter 6, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 2, The Genesis Of Identity
- II the genesis of identity T HERE ARE TWO levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level, as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek- consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter-of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor, we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom, we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It is raised up, lifts man to Its level, and then, instead of "man whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the Son of God, that "man who has his being in Christ." 2 The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of earth-the creature, the mortal, the viper-and the divine Presence within individual consciousness, which, when recognized and released, changes man from the man of earth to the Son of God. We speak of God as the creative principle of this entire universe, including man. But actually, that brings up a picture in your mind of a God that created something at some time, and as long as you hold to that belief, you cannot rightly understand the nature of God, for God has never created any thing at any time. Any such belief puts God in time and space, and with a beginning, and that takes away God's eternality and immortality. I ask you rather, see God as an Infinite Invisible, appearing as this universe, rather than as starting it, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 2.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 4, Science of Creation
- ~ 4 ~ SCIENCE OF CREATION We never attempt anything without meditation. We never begin any work without going into the depths of our being to make conscious contact with God. We are one with God-"I and my Father are one" 1 -but that oneness is of no help to us, except in the degree of our realization of it. There must be a conscious awareness of our oneness. This does not mean merely declaring, "I and my Father are one," stating or affirming it while we are grabbing our hat and coat to rush downtown. Something happens to us when we go within and make the contact for that feel of the Presence. It is an experience as vibrant and alive as an electric contact. In our humanhood, we are cut off from the Source. That is what constitutes humanhood: a selfhood apart from God, a selfhood separate from God. But humanhood is a dream. We are never really separate from God, even though the effect on us is the same as if we were. To rise above humanhood, that is, above the experiences of a human being and human events, it becomes necessary, actually, for us to feel that we have God within our own being-to make a God- contact. For that reason, in all my writings you will find that attention is called to the necessity of beginning with this conscious awareness in the morning and continuing with it throughout the day until sleep comes at night, abiding constantly in the consciousness of the presence of God. Heretofore, we have for the most part, been satisfied to learn something of truth from a book, or to make some affirmations. From this time on, that will not suffice. At some time during the day and during the night, you must make this conscious contact with the inner Being, which we call God. Then, for the rest of the night, you can abide in that. But make that contact; make it a reality. In proportion as you consciously make that contact, your life will be rebuilt. In proportion as you learn to turn within before undertaking anything, whether it is writing, cooking, speaking, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, Science of Creation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 7, Except the Lord Build the House
- Chapter Seven Except the Lord Build the House A real student of the Infinite Way feels that there is nothing more important in life than the development of spiritual consciousness, getting to know God and living the life of prayer, meditation, and communion with God. Such a student soon learns that there is rich fruitage as a result of living in this way. There is better health and more abundant supply; there is greater success in human activities; there are greater capacities revealed-mental, moral, and physical-in students who really work and live with this message. Even though students realize that and see the outer fruitage, many of them are never satisfied until they have gone a long, long way on the spiritual path developing their own inner capacities. If a person feels that way, what is more natural than to want to share the message with a neighbor, a friend, or a relative? What is more natural than to help someone else find his spiritual source? What is more natural than to want to send one's children out into the world imbued with the spirit of God? There surely cannot be an adult student of the Infinite Way who does not feel that the greatest gift he could give his child would be a knowledge of God, an acquaintanceship with God, and an ability to commune with God. The Fruitage of Conscious Union with God When a man lives consciously one with his source, he bears rich fruitage in health, harmony, inner peace, joy, prosperity, and all kinds of human relationships, not by virtue of himself, but because the grace of God hangs rich fruitage on him in the form of supply, health, home, and happy relationships. He is merely the place through which God is expressing His infinite abundance of all things. We have had years of witnessing what happens to those who live consciously one with God. Looking out at this human scene, we know that human beings living separate and apart from their conscious union with God are sick or well, have accidents or do not have them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pt the Lord Build the House.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 10, Call No Man Your Father Upon the Earth
- ... You have merely accepted that God from someone's teaching, and now that you have put yourself under that God, you sit around waiting for your rewards, which somehow do not come in this world, and you wait for your punishments, and they seem to come twice a day. But then you are more expectant of the punishment than you are of the rewards. Those are images you have made in your mind. You subject yourself to all kinds of man-made laws, but when you remove yourself from man-made laws and bring yourself under Grace, you then understand what the Master meant when he said, "If any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also," 12 meaning that if someone takes your diamonds, give him your rubies, too. In other words, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," 13 and it is yours by Grace. If someone is ignorant of that and takes what belongs to you, do not fear, it will be replaced because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," and it all belongs to you. Once you give up the protection of man-made law, you come under Grace. Once you give up the law of an-eye-for-an-eye and a-tooth-for-a-tooth, you come under the Grace of forgiveness, but this comes only as a transition in consciousness. You are under the law as long as you are holding somebody else to that law. When you bind another, you have bound yourself; when you free another, you have freed yourself. Consider how many man-made laws you have accepted for yourself and for others. Do not wonder that you are under the law and do not think that you can come under Grace while holding somebody else in bondage to the law. You are under Grace when you free all persons from being under the law, holding no one in bondage but acknowledging your Christhood and theirs. A Life of Grace Has No Needs "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." 14 God is your Father; therefore you are the Christ, the son of God. Tell me, what is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Your Father Upon the Earth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 126K
Find Similar Documents