Practicing the Presence: Chapter II, Demonstrate God
- CHAPTER II DEMONSTRATE GOD What are we seeking? Is it God that we are seeking, or are we seeking some thing from God? The very moment that we are looking for a home or companionship, the moment we are looking for supply or employment, the moment we are looking for healing, we are seeking amiss. Until we have God, we have nothing; but the very moment we have God, we have all there is in the world. There is no such thing as God and. To seek for supply, health, or companionship is an impossibility spiritually, because spiritually, there are no such things. Spiritually, there is only God; but in attaining God, we attain all that God is, that is, God appearing as all form. Let us not seek the forms of God but seek the allness of God, and in seeking the allness of God, we shall have all the forms necessary to our own unfoldment. Nothing is more important than this point: Are we seeking a realization of God, or are we trying to reach God in order to get something through God? When we come to any spiritual study, nearly always in the beginning we are seeking some good for ourselves. It may be a healing-physical, mental, moral, financial-or it may be peace of mind; but whatever it is, as a rule, we are seeking it for ourselves. Very quickly, however, we discover that as the light of the Spirit touches us, it is of benefit not only to ourselves but also to the world. The person who is studying and practicing the presence of God soon has no problems, no needs, and no desires. Those things which are necessary for his health and supply have a way of taking care of themselves. God is working out Its life as our life. God is individual life. God is working out Its life in what appears to be the form of our lives. God is working out Its life as our individual consciousness. God is working out Its plan in us and through us. In this knowledge we relax and become beholders. It is no longer our life: It is God's life unfolding individually. God appears on earth as individual you and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter II, Demonstrate God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 10, Start the Flow to God
- Chapter Ten Start the Flow to God Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath. Matthew 13:12 The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. Psalm 24:1 Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. Luke 15:31 The kingdom of God is within you. Luke 17:21 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. Romans 8:16,17 The above quotations indicate that you now have the fullness of the God-head bodily; you have all that God has. It may not appear that way looking out with the eyes, hearing with the ears, tasting, touching, or smelling with the physical senses. It may not appear at first to the physical senses that you have all that God has or even a little bit of it. It may even appear that you lack something. But you are not to judge by appearances. You are to judge righteous or spiritual judgment, and spiritual judgment, that is, spiritual discernment, reveals that all that God is you are. All that the Father has is yours. All that God is, you individually are. Allness The allness of God is made manifest as the allness of the son. God is both the Father and the Son: God, the Father, God, the Son. When you acknowledge your sonship, you are knowing the truth, and the truth will make you free, free from discordant appearances or experiences. But the truth you must know is that nothing can be added to you, that you cannot get anything, you cannot achieve anything, and you cannot demonstrate anything because all that the Father has is already yours. The life of God is your life; therefore, your life is eternal. The mind of God is your mind; therefore, you have infinite intelligence. God, the Soul, is your individual soul; therefore, you are as pure as God. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, Start the Flow to God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 12, God Alone Is Power
- Chapter Twelve God Alone Is Power Out of depths of the silence, out of the infinite withinness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily life. Most persons in the world miss much of this harmony because they are seeking their good outside themselves. They believe that their good can come to them from somebody, from something, or from somewhere other than their consciousness. For thousands of years people have been seeking health, wealth, peace, safety, security out here in the world, thinking that these could come through men, organizations, or places. It is not true and never has been true. The kingdom of God which is the kingdom of Allness has to be found within individual being. If heretofore you have been expecting good to come to you, be willing this very minute to give up all thought of any good coming to you at any time from any place, person, situation, or condition in this world. The longer you expect good to come to you, the longer you will be waiting for it and the closer will come the realization that it is not going to come. It never has for anyone. It never will come to you. But if you can give up all thoughts, hopes, and desires of getting, receiving, or achieving good, and understand that you, yourself, are the place where God fulfills Himself, you will be that place where God flows through to all those who do not yet know their true identity. The Master Revealed Our True Identity At one time I was asked to speak with two ministers on the subject of meditation and, if possible, to help them with their practice of meditation. One of them asked, "Do you believe that in this short time we have together today you can teach us how to meditate?" I told them I could not answer that question until they answered a couple of other questions. Then I would be able to tell them very quickly whether or not they could achieve meditation and the fruits of meditation in such a short period. First of all, I asked, "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 12, God Alone Is Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace
- Chapter Two Freedom By Grace Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 In our human experience, we live primarily by our own efforts, by virtue of air, food, water, and investments. We live by all the things of the outer world. Almost from the beginning of time, it has been known that while this materialistic way of life may result in the attaining of the things we seek, it seldom brings real satisfaction after they have been attained. Although living in the world with a total reliance on the things of the outer world does sometimes result in the attainment of what we may have been seeking, it usually leaves us frustrated because we have neither become complete in ourselves, nor have we attained an inner satisfaction or a sense of rightness. Material Progress Does Not Necessarily Conflict With Spiritual Values For this very reason, throughout all time there have been those few persons devoted to something higher than material accomplishments. Referring to the material good of this world, however, as "just material accomplishments" is not meant to place it in the category of the unnecessary or the evil. Let us not make the mistake of believing that there is no value in these great accomplishments on the material level, because that is nonsensical. The world is better off than in any previous generation, because of the invention, science, discovery, exploration, mining, and research that have been going on for years. We need not decry these material advances. The tragedy is that our moral and spiritual development has not kept pace with our material achievements. I realize that too often we hear discussions and read articles or books giving the impression that materialism is some kind of an evil, that the development, as well as the conservation, of our natural resources, and the discoveries of the many conveniences which we enjoy today in some way are wrong. To take such an attitude is to revert in a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Basis of Understanding
- BASIS OF UNDERSTANDING "My kingdom is not of this world." "Cease ye from man whose breath is in his nostrils." "God is no respecter of persons." HERE WE leave behind old landmarks, but whether we will be glad to see them disappear depends on how firmly we grasp the new idea. We start out from a well-known city - a familiar state of consciousness. We know where we are - we know well the routine of affirmations, denials, formulas, set prayers given us by others to memorize and repeat. In our present state of unfolding consciousness we have lots of props upon which to lean. We can always fall back upon statements uttered by wise men of old and newer ones by men and women of our own time. We can even call upon that ancient cliché in times of trouble, "Leave it to God." There are well worn prayers and statements in the Bible; there are well known prayers and formulas in modern metaphysical writings. Yes, our present state of consciousness gives us much on which to lean. When, however, as now, we agree to leave old landmarks, we enter a state of consciousness with but few guide posts and even fewer aids. In this new land you will find yourself much alone with God. It will become necessary to make your direct contact with infinite Being - with the infinity of your own being. It will no longer help you to talk about God, pray up to God, lean on God, think about God; now you must become one with God; you must consciously "feel" your oneness and receive direct illumination, guidance. At first when you close your eyes in silence, there may be a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach as you realize that here you are - at last - alone with God and God nowhere yet in sight or hearing. It may be like swimming in an ocean and all of a sudden realizing that you have gone out of sight of land with no guide post to tell you which direction to head for. The first experience when you turn into the silence without words, thoughts or statements, can be very confusing and doubt ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure_ Basis of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 11, Joint Heir
- CHAPTER 11 "Joint Heir" THERE IS nothing quite as practical as the spiritual or mystical life, although the world has not yet completely awakened to this truth. There are tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, now in the world who have actually experienced that the spiritual life is the most practical way of living-from every practical standpoint. You can imagine my joy at learning that an auto sales-managers' clinic was held at Michigan State University and that the professor conducting the clinic recommended The Contemplative Life as a textbook for automobile salesmen. This is really a recognition of the practicality of the spiritual life. I don't mind telling you that I live with The Contemplative Life morning, noon, and night; and sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to be sure that I haven't overlooked something in it. I haven't, though, discovered anything about selling automobiles -at least not directly. So it is in our work, in the business world and the professional world, in our activities with corporations, in their labor-relations problems, in the experience of students in their own business or professional lives: we have discovered and proven that there is nothing as practical as this spiritual life. If you would prove this for yourself, then be sure that you know what the principle is that you are trying to prove. Be sure that you know what it is that makes this the most practical way of life. Our work is based, first of all, on the unfoldment given to me that God constitutes our individual being. God is the life of us, God is the mind of us, God is the soul of us. Eventually we discover that even our body is the temple of God. In the unfolding of this there came a revelation, let's say. It was such at the time, and it has proven to be a very important one-namely, that the word consciousness contains the entire secret of life. Certainly, it contains the secret of life as we live it in The Infinite Way. However, I am sure you will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uth_ Chapter 11, Joint Heir.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 8, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... Instead of trying to gain business at the expense of a competitor, there would be better business for everyone if competitors could agree to put their heads together in the attitude, "How can we give better service and increase the amount of business in this neighborhood?" Do not believe for a minute that God prospers one person's business at somebody else's expense. It is easy to bring business under the jurisdiction of spiritual activity. Business is not separate and apart from one's spiritual experience. Business is as spiritual as any form of living, just as spiritual as going to church or as engaging in prayer. Not all forms of business would fit into that category, but business, as I understand it, is really a part of spiritual living. Forgiveness as the Foundation for a Life Work In the very first year of the great depression of the 1930's, a man who had made a fortune in the building business lost his entire business and fortune. His wife had to go to work, and he took what ... All of a sudden the meaning of those words dawned on me as I realized that the people in the church were reading those words backwards. The divine love that meets every need is not out here. It is inside. Therefore, it is the divine love you express that meets your need. There is no God out here meeting your need. God is within you, but as long as you are not expressing that divine love, it is unexpressed, and as long as it is unexpressed, it cannot meet your human need. What constitutes divine love? Forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperativeness, sharing: all these constitute divine love. If you are not expressing divine love, it is not going to return to you or meet your need. It was that awareness that brought a change in my way of life, because I saw how foolish it is to sit around waiting for God to do something. Are You an Instrument for God's Love? God is forever being God, so there is no use waiting for God to do something tomorrow. God is already doing it. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 7, The Nature of God
- ... If we hope to achieve the actual experience of God-realization, the very first thing we have to do on the spiritual path is not to accept some ancient concept of God, but to realize that God that has been revealed as love. We must accept the God of love, the God that does not punish, and even if we deserve punishment, the God who would hasten to forgive us. "Your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of these things, and it is his good pleasure to give them to you." That must include forgiveness. So you see, unless you come to realize that just as God is pouring out the sun, moon, and stars, the tides, the times, and the weather, so God is pouring forth ... Thou makest me to lie down in green pastures. Oh, the mind is so still, so calm, so peaceful in those assurances. The mind is only stirred when it begins to reach up to God to get something, to want something, desire something, or fear something. Stop fearing God. If there are any of you who still fear God, stop it. Stop it. God knows more about love, care, forgiveness, in one second than the best mother that ever lived knew in a whole lifetime. And if mothers can love and forgive and care and be tender, try to imagine what the nature of God is. God is love and nothing enters that consciousness that "defileth or maketh a lie." There is no punishment in it. ... God is love, and in him there is no death, there is no vengeance, there is no hate, there is no punishment. Just think of the crimes men have committed against humanity. Then ask yourself if you really believe God would hold them in eternal damnation or punishment. Not one second longer than it would take them to realize their wrongs and ask forgiveness. Oh, no! No! Understand God as life, a life which can't end for any reason, not even for sin, or for accident, or for disease. Life can't end because God is life, and God is the life of you and the life of me. We fear disease because we fear that it will end in death, and it does because of our fears. We know ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, The Nature of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents