The Government of Eden: Chapter 4, When We Are Tempted By Good And Evil
- IV when we are tempted by good and evil I HAVE KNOWN FROM the beginning that we were deal- ing with a spiritual universe and that the evil in it wasn't real, but I never knew why, nor did I know how we came into this state of being out of Eden until the revelation came. The revelation came in those passages where God said, "Who told you that you were naked?" 1 And then I knew that something was wrong. Then, when it said, "the knowledge of good and evil," 2 and Adam and Eve were thrown out of Eden-that gave me the whole secret. Eden represents our spiritual domain. Eden represents the state of harmony or heaven. Eden represents our immortality, our state of divine being. What threw us out of that into what the Master called "this world"? 3 There it is, as plain as anyone can read: the knowledge of good and evil-that's what did it. For weeks I didn't get over the shaking that I got from the intensity of that revelation-that the cause of all the trouble on the face of the earth is the belief in good and evil; nobody can stay in the Garden of Eden, of harmony, of perfection, while they are accepting in their mind the belief of good and evil. But everybody can go back into Eden and be pure, and have lives by grace, not by the sweat of the brow; by grace, by the gift of God, by giving up the belief of good and evil; by being willing to concede that there's no good man on earth and no bad one; no good woman on earth, no bad one; no good child on earth, no bad one. There is neither good nor bad. Thinking would make it so. Yes, you can decide that this is good, and the other one can decide that is good. You can decide this is evil, and the other one can decide that is evil. But you withdraw your estimate, your opinion, your concept, and declare that "in all of heaven and earth, nothing is good or evil-only God Itself, the Invisible, is the all-good; nothing visible, nothing that you can see, hear, taste, touch, or smell is good, nor is it evil, nor has it any qualities like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 4.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 139K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 6, Not Appearances But Is
- Chapter Six Not Appearances But Is The Infinite Way1 clearly states that a problem cannot be met on the level of the problem. Ninety percent of the failures in healing arise from ignorance of the meaning of that statement. When, from every human standpoint, a person appears to be dying, the immediate thought would probably be, "What are we going to do to save his life?" When a person talks of unhappiness in his marriage, our first thought runs to "What can be done to make the marriage a happy one?" When a person is unemployed, immediately there comes to mind, "What can we think or know to bring employment to him?" All this is a barrier to success in healing because no Infinite Way student is a healer of disease or of sin, nor is he an employment agency or a marriage counselor. He does not meet a problem on the level of the problem, so no matter what the person says about his problem, the Infinite Way student is not hearing it, and certainly he is not answering it because that would put him in the realm of a counselor or doctor. No problem can ever be met on the level of the problem. The Fluctuating Nature of Humanhood The picture that confronts us is that there is sick humanhood and well humanhood, sinful humanhood and pure humanhood, living humanhood and dead humanhood, and the purpose of the medical and ministerial world is to take that bad or erroneous humanhood and put it over onto the good side. But that does not in any way enter into our ministry. The function of our ministry is to ignore everything that is being told us about sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, and politics, and to go down through the center, through what we call the middle path. We do not think in terms of what a wonderful society it would be if only all politicians were honest, if everybody were humanly well, or if everybody had a sufficient income. We have had periods in American history where, on the whole, conditions were very good. The country made tremendous progress; the standard ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Not Appearances But Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 2, 1963, True Prayer-The Experience of God
- ... To come to this place in consciousness means that a great part of your spiritual journey is behind you, because you cannot attain this lightly, easily or quickly. You have been led up to this, as you will discover when others come to you for spiritual wisdom. You will learn that it is not an easy matter to say to them: "We are not going to God to have your fever reduced, and we are not going to God to get increased supply," for the answer you will receive is: "What then is the use of going to God?" When you have arrived at the place where you can accept such a statement, you have arrived at the place where you have given up human aspirations for spiritual revelations. We do not become ascetics. In giving up the world it is not in the mistaken sense of asceticism in which, by depriving ourselves of everything pleasant, we believe we are pleasing God. On the contrary, be assured that God is only pleased in our joys-in our fruitage. We know this from Christ Jesus, who was sent to earth to "do the will of the Father," and the will of the Father is that we have health and happiness and forgiveness of sins and life eternal. There is no asceticism in the Master's teachings. He took only their sins-never did he take from anyone any form of good. Once you stop seeking in your prayers "what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink and wherewithal ye shall be clothed," you will find they are being added unto you. "Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things," 18 only I must not seek sufficiency, I must seek grace. For thousands of years men have prayed for an end of war, for an end of injustice, for an end of slavery, and disease. All of these human conditions are still going on, and those that are not going on have not been overcome by prayer but by men. Many diseases have been overcome and lost from the world because of medical and surgical discoveries, but you recognize the fact that Christ Jesus revealed that this could be accomplished without human aid. So we are not to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ayer--The Experience of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 16, 1963, One with God: Praying for the World
- ONE WITH GOD: PRAYING FOR THE WORLD August 16, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. In the early years of our study of The Infinite Way, we must abide by the specific principles of this message very carefully, very closely and very intensely, because the study and practice of these principles develops our consciousness to where we no longer hate, fear, or love the human scene. We develop our consciousness to that place where we recognize that there is something greater than ourselves functioning within us. We of ourselves could never do the things that we are called upon to do. We of ourselves could not help people to overcome serious diseases, or to lose sins and false appetites, or to mold new dispositions. There is nothing about us as people that would ever enable us to do that for another. It is only when we have been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that we can at least approach Paul in his statement: "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," 1 or the Master's: "I can of mine own self do nothing" 2 -the Father doeth the works. The study and practice of specific Infinite Way principles raises our consciousness because it helps us to overcome fear of anything in the manifest realm. It helps us to realize the non-power of what the world calls power. As we progress in this work through study and practice, and as some measure of the spirit of God enters our consciousness, we find ourselves called upon to help others. The others may not know why they come to us-it is something they feel, but they do come and they do ask our help, and generally we can give it. Usually, by the time they come asking for help, we have the spiritual endowment that makes it possible to give them their help. Eventually this begins to dawn in the consciousness of every spiritual student, regardless of his approach: "If this that functions through me for the benefit of myself and others is so powerful, can it not then help the entire world? If I can pray ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Praying for the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 26, 1963, Spiritual Love
- SPIRITUAL LOVE May 26, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel IN THE JULY Letter, you are going to have the first three of this series of talks, and in following letters there will be more. You will remember that we started with the unfoldment of God as infinite divine consciousness. Because this same God, this same infinite divine consciousness is individual consciousness, we therefore draw forth our good by "opening out a way for the imprisoned splendor to escape." We do this not from the consciousness in a holy temple, or a holy city, or a holy savior, but from our consciousness, from the divine consciousness which is your individual consciousness and mine. That is why meditation is the entire secret of harmonious spiritual living-because meditation is retiring into our innermost being, praying secretly within ourselves, and then letting spiritual good unfold. From this you catch a further glimpse that God never was a Jew, or a Christian, or a Mohammedan, or a Hindu-but rather that God is spirit and the spirit of God in you is the only God. Whether or not you were erroneously taught that you were a Christian, a V edantist, or a Buddhist, you have learned that it is absurd to have any racial or religious prejudice for the simple reason that we all have the one Father. "Call no man on earth your Father. There is but one Father, which is your Father and my Father." 1 We all have the same God and, fortunately for us, it is "closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." This understanding, and this alone, can make for the "Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man." Otherwise we live our lives on the basis of tolerance and, if you were ever tolerated by anybody, you would know what a terrible word that is. In all of the seventeen years that I have traveled with the message of The Infinite Way, only three men in the United States from the metaphysical world have come into spiritual fellowship with me. I have met only three with whom I could completely unite in spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ay 26, 1963, Spiritual Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 100K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 6, The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness
- Chapter Six The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness The major function of the spirit of God, as it operates as individual spiritual consciousness, is to break the attachment of the human mind to form and effect. It acts as a law of nonattachment, so that the effect of the operation of the Spirit is that a person loses his fear of the destructive elements of human life and he also loses his love of those things that temporarily seem good, but which oftentimes may prove to be destructive. The activity of the Spirit destroys the love, hate, and fear of external appearances, external powers, and external laws, and a person who attains some measure of that Spirit finally is able to say to any problem, "Arise, take up thy bed," 1 and thereby let go of the problem, realizing that there is no power in effect, no power in any external condition. A person who has attained even a grain of spiritual consciousness can enjoy the things of this world but never be attached to them: never be willing to lie for them, steal, or cheat, but always able to enjoy them as they come into his experience normally and harmoniously, without loss or injury to another. Sudden Illumination or Unfoldment The question, then, is how to attain this consciousness. With all the reading and studying I have done and with the unfoldments and revelations that have been given me, I have found only one way, and that is a way that has been known and taught throughout all the ages. I am not now speaking of the experience which comes to certain individuals without their knowledge or without any apparent preparation by them on this plane for this experience but which comes as an act of divine Grace. Even those persons, however, were undoubtedly prepared in previous lives. As you examine the life of some persons on this plane who have attained illumination, you may sometimes wonder why it is that one individual here or there, by some act of the grace of God, attained a spiritual consciousness that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ped Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1957, The Christ - The Presence in You
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Christ, The Presence in You THERE is a Presence and a Power which is always available to us, but it can only be realized in secrecy and in silence. Secrecy is one of the most profound truths revealed in the Master's teaching: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.1 Secrecy is an important principle of The Infinite Way and forms a vital part of its message. Those who have taken this teaching seriously and have followed it have benefited beyond words. There are others who have received the teaching, but who have not understood it. In their inability to perceive its significance, they have not obeyed it, and therefore, have not benefited from it. No teaching is of real value as long as it remains an abstraction; it must find expression in our daily life. Every principle of The Infinite Way should be related to our experience and then lived as our experience. Let us take, as an example, this principle of secrecy enunciated by the Master and see how it can be applied to our everyday relationships. If I perform some good and generous act and if my friends hear about it, they will, in all probability, praise me, thank me, and speak well of me. My ego may be considerably inflated by their acknowledgment and recognition of my good deed. On the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hrist - The Presence in You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 156K
Find Similar Documents