Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 11, Argument or Treatment
- ~ 11 ~ ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT THE TEACHER SHOULD SIT AND HEAR in silence and then let the divine mind impart the truth to you, then there would be no possibility of misunderstanding. But while we are using words, these words are cloaking the real meaning. It is, therefore, necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I don't like affirmations and denials and I disapprove of them heartily in this work. But I want to clarify that statement to this extent. Do not think that we do not use the argument in the work. I have tried to make that clear by indicating a difference between the word "treatment" and the word "prayer." Such things as affirmations are strictly out in this work. I mean by that, reciting the scientific statement of being a hundred times or twenty-five times, or the Lord's prayer ten times, or "every day prosperity is making me rich;" those things are strictly no part of this message. But argument is not out-argument is that part of this work which I call treatment. Now, you may use very little treatment most of the time and then you may find occasion to use a lot of treatment and I will illustrate each bit of that: A call comes for help and ordinarily, in the course of the day, it gets very little in the way of treatment. I mean that usually, when the call comes over the telephone or in a letter, the state of consciousness the practitioner or teacher lives in and maintains is sufficient. Realize that this call has nothing to do with a person, it is just suggestion-that, then, seems to take care of it. Most healings are brought about through nothing more or less than some statement: "I will be with you," or "I will take care of it," or "I am standing by." It is our consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken, which reveals the harmony of being. Of course, the word "I" means God. You should certainly know that when you say, "I am standing by," meaning that God is standing by-then your patient is in the best hands in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 11, Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 2, The Meaning of Living Spiritually
- ... Therefore, whatever we are seeking in life, we must stop seeking for and come into the agreement that it already exists within our own being. Then, as in the experience of the widow with the cruse of oil, the cruse never runs dry, even though in the beginning our material sense perceives that we have only a few drops.9 But the cruse of oil did not fail. A spiritual master sees what the materialist can never see, and that is the infinite unfailing source of supply once we begin to let it flow. This is true of every area of our experience. It is true of forgiveness. Let nobody expect forgiveness, because there is no God to give it to him. Forgiveness has to come from within a person's own being, and then it comes back to him. "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."10 There it is clear as a bell for everyone to see, to read, to hear. Our debts, or our sins, are forgiven in proportion as we learn to forgive. Do we need companionship? We cannot get it. There is no way under the sun to demonstrate companionship, because it ... The Master very clearly says, "I can of mine own self do nothing." So all the words and thoughts that we repeat have no effect whatsoever on the problem or on the condition. The effect is to lift us into a higher atmosphere where fear and concern disappear and we are then ready to enter that silence which is meditation. We are ready to listen for the "still small voice" to receive the inner assurance of God's grace. Then the healing takes place, harmony appears, employment is found, supply, the overcoming or the forgiveness of sin. It is not you or I as human beings who can forgive sin. It is not you or I who can ever counsel or give advice to anybody on his human problems. But we can be still and we can let the inner assurance of divine grace come, and then it will bring the advice or counsel needed, the guidance and direction. It will bring healing, harmony, and whatever form of good may be necessary at the moment. For too long, too many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aning of Living Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 122K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 5, Treatment as The Consciousness of Truth
- ... We must be willing for it to shine as much in our enemy's yard as in our own. While we are entertaining in thought some sense of enmity or hate, treatment or prayer is void. The Master-Christian taught: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23, 24 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21, 22 Can you not see that without this quality of forgiveness treatment or prayer is just a waste of time? Consciousness must be a transparency for God, and a transparency for God is universal, impersonal, and impartial. His rain falls alike on the just and the unjust. The teachings of the Master are full of love and forgiveness, with never a trace of judgment or condemnation. Remember, in the case of the man born blind when the disciples asked the Master who did sin, this man, or his parents that he was born blind? Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 2 And to the adulterous woman, he said, "Neither do I condemn thee." 3 Nowhere in the Christ-consciousness is there a possibility of any hate, envy, jealousy, or malice finding lodgment. A consciousness which entertains any of those traits is not a healing consciousness. The consciousness of a healer must be the consciousness of an individual who entertains no hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. It is easy to determine whether your treatment is going to be effective or whether you can do good healing work. How great a sense of personal hurt do you entertain in the world? I do not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Consciousness of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 6, The New Name
- ~ 6 ~ THE NEW NAME "To him that overcometh"-more especially to him who overcomes that desire to seek and to search in the outer realm-"will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth." 1 What is that name? Christ. No more are you Jones, Brown, or Smith; no more are you "man, whose breath is in his nostrils;" 2 no more are you a man seeking good; no more are you a prodigal, separate and apart from the Father's house. Now your name is Christ. Is there anything for the Christ to receive? Or is the Christ that which feeds and heals the multitudes, that which restores and resurrects, that which is, in and of itself, the kingdom of all harmony? A new name you receive: no longer man. But would you tell your friends that you are the Christ? No! Never voice such things as "I am God," "I am spiritual," "I am the Christ," or "I am the son of God." Do not ever do that! It would not be true. It would be just the same as going around and saying, "I am honest; I am moral; I am good." You could hardly do that, and if you did, I am afraid your neighbors might suspect you. And they would certainly have every right to suspect you if you ever said, "I am the Christ." Only once or twice did the Master reveal his true identity. He was very, very careful about that. Even when Pilate asked him, "Art thou the King of the Jews?" Jesus' answer was, "Thou sayest." 3 He did not say it! All life is a matter of choices. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." 4 If you choose, you can remain "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." If you choose, you can continue your search for good, your search for supply, your search for eternality and for immortality. You can continue your search for peace, and sometime or other you may stumble upon it or it may be brought to you. Or you can give up your search this very moment: you can give up your desire for good; you can give up all expectation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 6, The New Name.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 1, The Spiritual New Year
- ~ 1 ~ THE SPIRITUAL NEW YEAR If the beginning of a new year remains only a calendar-wise beginning, it has no significance whatsoever and produces no assurance as to the kind of a year it can be for you or for me individually, or for anyone else in the world. Always at this time there are the traditional Happy New Years, but regardless of how many good wishes are given or received, they are without power to bring about happiness, peace, harmony, or prosperity in the new, or in any other, year. Newspapers on New Year's Day are usually filled with predictions for the coming year; figures and statistics are examined in an attempt to forecast what will happen; but inasmuch as each person has an entirely different way of evaluating available statistics, each arrives at a different conclusion. It would be interesting to read the predictions in the January 1 editions of last year's newspapers to see how very few of them have come to pass, for neither predictions nor wishes have power to bring about anything in our experience. Far from presenting a hopeless picture, however, this really is the foundation for a very encouraging one because once it is realized that predictions and wishes have no influence upon the year, people can then begin to see what can be done within themselves that will have an effect upon the course of the New Year. The Power of an Individual Everyone has not only tremendous influence upon his own life and upon the lives of those who are near and dear to him but, far more than this, he has the possibility of influencing the whole world. In fact, the course of history has often been altered by one person. The 1960 election is an excellent example of the power of the individual. Just a few votes in this community or in that changed the results in a state and, comparatively speaking, less than half of one percent determined the result of the entire election. So when we are tempted to think how little power we have in shaping the history of our nation or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 1, The Spiritual New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter VI, To Him That Hath
- ... Just the recognition of this principle may open the way for us to experience all good, but, on the other hand, it may be necessary for us consciously to open out specific ways for it to flow. If we need supply, we must begin expressing it, and there are many ways of doing that. People may give part of what they have to some charitable enterprise, or they may even make some unnecessary expenditure just to prove that they have. Money is not the only way to start the flow. We can begin spending love, forgiveness, co-operation, and service. Any bestowal that is meant for God or God's children is a giving of oneself. This is the application of the principle that no good can come to us; good must flow out from us. Is it not clear that the expectation of receiving good from any source outside of our own being would be the very attitude which would separate us from that good, but that a constant seeking within for greater opportunities to release the good already established in us, to let it flow, to express it, to share it, would open the windows of heaven? We should give because we have-give because we have an abundance, give because we have love and gratitude to overflowing. Gratitude is not related to an expectancy of what we may receive tomorrow. Gratitude is the sharing or expressing of joy for the good already received. It is a giving without a single sign, without a single trace of desire for a return. Any form of giving, whether it is the giving of the tangibles, such as money, food, or clothing, or the giving of the intangibles, such as forgiveness, understanding, consideration, kindness, generosity, love, peace, or harmony, should be because we have an abundance. Then comes the transformation in consciousness which reveals our Christhood. Christhood never seeks to receive. There is no record in the entire New Testament of the Master's seeking health, wealth, recognition, reward, fame, payment, or gratitude. The Christ shines; Its complete activity is that of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VI, To Him That Hath.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 10, It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee
- 10) "It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee" If you have studied the preceding chapters carefully, you should be beginning to understand that the universal belief of good and evil operates hypnotically upon every person in the world. Every phase of discord that comes into any person's experience is a mesmeric influence from which he has not learned to protect himself. What with automobile collisions, sudden storms, and even coconuts falling from the trees, a person who leaves his home in the morning has no positive assurance that he will return safely at night. Every morning of the week, safety engineers forecast approximately how many accidental deaths will occur that day. They cannot tell who will be the victims, but those casualties could be you or me or anyone else. Man has become a statistic. But no one wants to be a statistic. No one wants to fall victim to an accident. How, then, can such mishaps and catastrophes be avoided? Is there a way? Yes, there most certainly is, if those who have been taught the principles of one power, impersonalization, and "nothingization" can break through their mental inertia in the morning to the extent of consciously realizing: There is but one Power operating in this universe. It is not a power of accident, death, disease, or sin. This Power is the same Power that causes the sun to rise and to set at its appointed time, and the tides to ebb and flow. The Power that is operating in this universe is the same Power that is operating in my consciousness, and It operates as the law unto my experience. There is no power in any mesmeric suggestion of accident. There is no power in any belief of infection or contagion. There is no power in the carnal mind, in any of its forms, or in any of its beliefs, individual or collective. "A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee." 1 To whom does that refer? To whom but the person who dwells "in the secret place of the most High" 2 -not one who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...It Shall Not Come Nigh Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 10, Spiritual Living
- ~ 10 ~ SPIRITUAL LIVING ON THE SUBJECT OF SPIRITUAL LIVING-the spiritual way of life-you will note that one of the facets that goes all the way through the subject of spiritual living is spiritual law. You cannot get away from spiritual law. First, however, a few words about spiritual living, or the spiritual way of life. It is not a way of life that will separate you from your present experience; it will not take you out of your present activity except as you progress. It may lift you up into the practice, teaching and lecturing on spiritual subjects, but be assured it will not lift you out of your life; merely will it enhance the beauties, the safety and the security of the life you now are living. Jesus taught-and it is on his teaching that all of this is based-that you were not to leave this world, that you were to be in the world but not of it. You are to be in the world and enjoy liberty, freedom, happiness, contentment, peace, joy, dominion. He did not say anything about going out into the wilderness and becoming an ascetic. He did not teach going apart from the world and living in the universe of our private thinking. Rather, he increased the very loaves and fishes that the people were accustomed to eating. He brought forth gold from out of the fish's mouth; the same gold that was used as currency in those days. So is it with the spiritual way of living. It is not meant that you should live in poverty, but rather that you should live in the infinite abundance-and no limit to that, either, except the limit of your own ability to accept it! There is no sin in money, no sin in wealth; the sin is in the love or hate of it. That is the only sin that has to do with money. So it is right for us to be wealthy. It is also right for us to be healthy, although mere physical health will not bring us immortality. No matter how healthy your body is according to medical standards, you have no assurance of that health tomorrow or at sixty or seventy or eighty years of age. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 10, Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: From Law to Grace
- FROM LAW TO GRACE "EXCEPT the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." That which you receive through spiritual sense comes as the grace of God, and only this is important. Always, you must remind yourself of this because it is impossible to learn spiritual reality. The mind is not capable of digesting spiritual truth. Regardless of the words you hear or the statements you read, they are less than nothing in your experience until there is a realization within of the Truth of which the words can only speak. Literal interpretation of Scripture has created a God in a place called heaven, often pictured as if above the clouds over us; and likewise a God within some favored Son, such as Krishna and Jesus. This has brought about the belief of separation between God and you, making the sense of duality which is responsible for every sin, disease and discord on earth. "I AM THAT I AM," reveals Moses. "I and my Father are one" - "he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me," teaches Jesus. "I am that," insists the Advaita of India. The consciousness of the oneness of God and you, which we now interpret as God appearing as you, restores the lost truth of all Scripture, reestablishes health, harmony, completeness and thereby ends discord and limitation. Exalting any of the historical characters of the world Bibles prevents the recognition of the Christ Being which you are. Looking outside yourself for the source of grace, you lose the real presence within. There must, however, be a right appreciation of those men and women who attained so great a measure of Christhood as to become revelators of the truth of our being. These have all made great sacrifices of personal existence to reveal and teach the great Truth that I AM. There must be gratitude felt in the heart, not merely expressed as lip-service, for the modern Teachers and Practitioners who have renounced personal life for the ministry of Truth. There must be a recognition of the sources and avenues of good; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents