Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 1, Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude
- Chapter One Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude Everybody is seeking a way out of human limitation, human failure, and human conditions, all the difficulties of human life. We, that is, those who have any degree of social awareness or social sensitivity are not only seeking a way out of lack and limitation for ourselves; we are seeking a way out of lack and limitation for all the nations that do not have abundance. We are not only seeking a way out of ill health for ourselves, we are seeking to find health and harmony for all the peoples of the world. We are not only seeking to find peace in our individual lives, we are also seeking to find peace for all peoples on the face of the earth. When I say, "we," I am speaking of all of us, in this work or out, in orthodox religions or unorthodox religions, and of those who have no religion. Every thinking person is seeking a way out of human difficulties and out of human limitation, not only for themselves, but for all the world. This concern has been going on for many, many centuries, and the wonder is that in all these centuries a way has not been found to take us out of these difficulties, these problems, and these human miseries. When we look around to investigate what means are being used to overcome world difficulties, we find that these means are usually on a material level. We have been trying to meet the needs of the world by means of all the material resources of the universe, by means of invention, science, and discovery. It is a turning to whatever exists in the material realm. Attempts to Solve Problems by Supernatural Means There are a few who turn to some particular concept of God and fare no better than those who resort only to material means. We may wonder at that until through research we discover that when the world was sparsely populated with only a few native tribes here and there on different continents and islands, and living without any religion, as the problems of human living became acute and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elf to a Spiritual Altitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 20, Purifying the Mind
- ~ 20 ~ PURIFYING THE MIND Good evening. As far as I can remember, this is the first class I have ever conducted about which I can truthfully say I'm sorry to see come to a close tonight. Saturday night has usually been the most glorious night in the world for me, and after Saturday night I could dance in the streets. There is a very definite reason for feeling this way tonight. I believe that for the first time in all the classwork that's been going on since 1947, the principles of the Infinite Way have been understood. I have never felt that way before. You see, truth is universal. In mystical truth there is no such thing as an original idea. But the major principles of the Infinite Way, the healing principles, are an unfoldment that have never before appeared in religious literature of any nature, whether mystical, orthodox, or metaphysical. I have never been able to convey that before because students were either listening to me through their Christian Science background, their Unity background, or their mental science background, and so they were not able to clearly understand and grasp these specific principles. I know that if these principles had been practiced and demonstrated by our students, we would have practitioners in every city in the world. The only reason we haven't is because these specific principles have not been grasped, have not been understood and practiced, and therefore could not be demonstrated. Now I don't say this in a complaining sense because it is perfectly natural. Every one of us have received teachings which we more or less accepted as divine authority. It makes no difference how mistaken those teachings may be, we find it impossible to dislodge them from our thought, our conditioned mind. In every message that embraces either mental or spiritual healing, we address the individual, and in doing this we personalize error. You either call the patients by their name, or you address them as "you," and you seek to uncover the error in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 20, Purifying the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 21, Living in the Light
- ... It is exactly as if this room were filled with God but no one was aware of it, they were in darkness or sin or disease or lack-as if there were no God in this room. Then one individual realizes, "God is. I Am. God is closer to me man breathing, nearer than hands and feet. I and the Father are one . . . and all that the Father hath is mine. The Lord is my shepherd here and now." And one can rest, can be still, and be a transparency-then the presence and power of God can penetrate the consciousness of those who are in darkness. At the beginning of our prayer we do use words and thoughts leading up to that final stage of realization. As we do world work, thinking of those in this world who are influenced by evil, those who are outlets for evil, we realize, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." Let us not hold them in condemnation either, but open their consciousness to this light that they may be freed of whatever it is that binds them to personal sense. With that, there is the removal of condemnation because we have declared that it is not sin, it is merely ignorance. It is not darkness, but an absence of light. So in our forgiveness, in our understanding of the impersonal nature of all evil, we are a transparency through which this transcendental presence can function in the consciousness of the world. You never know where it touches or whom it touches. You have no way of knowing how the light, which reaches earth through the transparency of those in prayer, influences legislation, how it changes decisions. You have no idea how far-reaching it is. That is why some who have attained the light do retire from this world in order, as they would phrase it, to live the life of prayer for the world-not for individuals, but for breaking down the duality in human consciousness. By remaining in their caves or remaining in their little homes somewhere alone, they permit themselves, by praying without ceasing, to be a transparency through which the light comes. And ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 21, Living in the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 5, The Function of the Christ in Us
- ... That is why these horrors could take place. They could not have taken place in the presence of Jesus Christ; they could not have taken place in the presence of Moses; they could not have taken place in the presence of Elijah. Where those men were, the presence of God was. Consider the world, its many sicknesses and the great suffering of many thousands today. Notice the much praying to God, even the trips to Lourdes, and how, under ordinary circumstances, if some doctor does not come along with a discovery or some appropriate procedure to cure these persons, they die. God does not save them. If some medicine or surgery is not discovered or administered, they die. Then notice the difference when those who are on the spiritual path are confronted with the same conditions and call for spiritual help. The spiritually endowed practitioner brings to a situation the actual presence of God, and where the presence of God is, there is liberty and there is healing. Wherever Jesus walked, there was healing, there was forgiveness of sin, and there was supplying. Wherever any spiritually minded practitioner exists, there must be healing. It does not mean that everyone gets healed, because frankly everyone is not receptive to spiritual healing. A Desire to Know God Makes for a Receptivity to Spiritual Healing To be receptive to spiritual healing means that there must be an innate desire for God, not just a great desire to be healed. There is no virtue in that. Everybody in the world wants to be well, so that he can work and take care of his family. The fertile ground for spiritual healing is in the individual who wants not merely to be healed-being healed is a natural desire-but who along with this says, "Of course, I want to be healed, but that is not my major problem. Above all things, I want to know God. Above all things, I must know God. I do not want to pass from this earth before I have come face to face with God. I want to know the secret behind this universe. I want to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...unction of the Christ in Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Seven, Impersonalizing Error
- CHAPTER SEVEN IMPERSONALIZING ERROR There have been hundreds of mystics in the history of the world who have been lifted so high in consciousness that they have realized I, and yet many of them were never able to round out a happy, healthy, or successful life, nor did they ever raise up a body of students capable of revealing to the world the divine harmony that is here for everyone. Why was this? Why, when they had reached such great heights, were they still plagued with the discords of this world? The reason is that they never grasped the importance and significance of the nature of error. Without an understanding of the nature of error, this world is not going to be any different in the next generation than it has been in this one. We all know that there have been many revelations of I, but we also know that these revelations have not saved the world. The revelation of the nature of error in combination with the revelation of I, however, can and will. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NONPOWER OF EFFECT IS ESSENTIAL It is true that the nature of error was taught in some degree in the early years of metaphysical teaching and healing, but the real significance of the principle of the nothingness and nonpower of disease was not understood. It was believed that mind, which was made synonymous with God, was the power that healed the disease - in short, that God was the power that removed it. However, if you accept the truth that God is omnipotent, you most logically follow that with, "Well, then, nothing but God is power." That must mean the powerlessness of anything and everything that is appearing to you as power, whether it is person, thing, circumstance, or condition. You can then look at it objectively and realize how impossible it would be for it to be a power or have a power, if God is omnipresent and omnipotent, the only presence and the only power. The more aware you become of the nature of God as omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, the more aware you become of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...even, Impersonalizing Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 12, 1963, We Are Guests of Life
- WE ARE GUESTS OF LIFE May 12, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THERE IS A PRINCIPLE OF LIFE not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known. It is for this reason that, in reading history, you read of events that took place but you have no knowledge of what brought them about or how they came into being. An illustration of that is our Civil War. If you were to read the history books, you would believe that somebody so loved the Negro race that they were willing to die to free them, and somebody will point to Harriet Beecher Stowe and her Uncle Tom's Cabin. Others will tell you of the commercial war between New England and the Southern States and none of these are mindful of the fact that, starting with the Magna Carta of England on through the French, American, and Brazilian revolutions, consciousness had been aroused to this idea of freedom, liberty, equality, and justice. All of these events were but the out-picturing of a changed state of consciousness. You can go all the way back to Greece, the first country that ever experimented with the idea of freedom, and find how this longing in consciousness spread as if by subliminal perception and brought about the wars and agreements culminating in more and more freedom for people. The selfishness of the average human being who has been brought up on the theory that "self preservation is the first law of human nature" is such that each tries to struggle to hold onto what he has, and perhaps get a little bit more. Therefore, the process of consciousness coming into expression in changing forms-better forms-is a slow one; and in the field of religion, the world has been more backward than in any other field of human experience. Until after the middle of the 19th century, religion was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, We Are Guests of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 6, Living the Principle of Impersonalization
- ... In thinking of the episode of Sapphira and her husband, it is important to remember that it was not really Sapphira and her husband who held out their savings from God. It was the carnal mind. So, too, with us: it is not we who are evil. It is the carnal mind operating through us, and inasmuch as this carnal mind is not a person and has no person in whom, through whom, or upon whom to operate, it becomes a nothingness. When we impersonalize it and begin to understand that no person has done any evil unto us because there is no "us" separate from God-we have no Selfhood but the capital "S" Selfhood-and therefore no one has wronged or injured us, no one has aimed any evil at us, but at God, we will find that we have so impersonalized our own self and all others that any human error that is directed toward us will not strike us. Then if we remember, also, that those who aim evil in our direction are not really aiming it at all, but that they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating, we shall more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if we impersonalize evil and recognize that it has not been done unto us, it may turn around and strike back at the sender. If it did, it would probably be his fault in the sense of permitting himself to be used. We want to go higher, however, than being avenged or wreaking vengeance upon someone: we want to see those who do evil to us forgiven and released from whatever evil is holding them in its grasp. If there is any ingratitude directed toward us, or any lack of mercy or justice, we realize first of all our capital "S" Self and then realize that, because of that, this is not aimed at us at all: it is aimed at God. Furthermore, by realizing that it is never a person who is aiming evil in our direction, but that he is merely the innocent victim of the carnal mind, a victim of ignorance, we can truthfully repeat, "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciple of Impersonalization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 167K
Find Similar Documents