Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 19, When Christ Has Entered In
- ... So it is you will discover that war cannot enter your life if it has been ruled out of your consciousness. But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can only be ruled out of your consciousness if you will accept yourself as Christ, or as the disciple or apostle of Christ, and say, "I have removed myself from this side to that side: I am now sitting at that place where my life is a forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing; and no evil can come nigh me, because I am not seeking anything, I am not even seeking good. As long as I am not seeking, I am not going to receive, I will always Be." This is our real nature: Being! I and the Father are One in Being, in ... To pray for the world means to look out and almost see this globe of the universe in front of you and feel your hands, or your love, going out around that globe, saying, "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do." "I pray that thy sins be forgiven thee. I pray that Christ dwell in thy heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual Freedom, spiritual Justice, spiritual Life, and spiritual Law." Hold that globe this way, in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness. Allow no thought of victory to enter your mind; no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over countries. Not victories; Peace! There never can be Peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next gain. Never think of victories; think of Peace. "My Peace give I unto you." Keep that globe in your arms. "My Peace give I unto you, not as the world giveth." My Peace, spiritual Peace, the Peace that brings with it forgiveness, comfort. "My Comfort give I unto you-spiritual Comfort." Remember, you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting on the platform with the Master. Therefore you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... When Christ Has Entered In.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1959, The Secret of The Resurrection
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Secret of the Resurrection THE majority of people in this world believe that, because they wake up in the morning, manage to stay alive during the day, and finally are able to go to sleep at night, they are living. That is not living: That is merely existing, but the hopelessness of such existence is not apparent to the average person until he discovers what a real living of life is. Oriental philosophy refers to the endless routine of waking up in the morning, struggling through the day, and then being so grateful to get into bed at night, only in order to repeat the process the next day, as being on the wheel of life. It is like a merry-go-round-round and round it goes, but it never goes anywhere. Round and round, yet standing still! That is typical of the human being who lives a life of waking up in the morning, struggling through the day, and happily going back to bed at night. And why is he so happy to get into bed at night? Because he is going to wake up in the morning and go no place all over again. It is fruitless-an endless struggle for survival without any real purpose. There is a wholly different life that comes to the awakened soul, a life in which living is not just a succession of waking up and going to sleep, eating and drinking, but in which there is a succession of delights during both day and night. It is the life in which the "my peace I give unto you" 1 is not an idle dream, nor is it an impossible one. Some people imagine that "My peace" is merely a round of days and nights without pain or without lack, but it is more than that, much more. There may even be some problems after the state of consciousness known as "My peace" has been reached, but they are not too important when one has the vision of the new world -of "My kingdom," that Kingdom which is not of this world. As a matter of fact, even if a person's days were filled wholly with happy human experiences, that is not the spiritual kingdom. The spiritual kingdom is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Secret of The Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS To know our true identity is to solve every problem of so-called human existence. Actually, we are not living a human existence. Our existence is spiritual and divine, but because we do not know our true identity, it has become filled with discord and inharmony. If I know that I am I, and that that I is infinite Being, there can never intrude a thought of lack, limitation, discord, inharmony, jealousy, malice, or lust. When I know that I am I, and that this I is the infinity, the allness of God's being made manifest, the Word made flesh, then only can I realize that I am Self-sustained and Self-maintained. Some day all of us will admit that I is Self-created: I, the very consciousness of my being, formed me before ever I was in the womb. I would not have been there at all if I, the divine consciousness of my being, had not been expressing Itself in just that way. I, the divine consciousness of my being, formed my body after its own image and likeness, as my vehicle of expression. I can no more be separated from my body than I can be separated from my life. My body is the form in which my life is appearing. My body is an expression of my identity. My parents did not create it. I created it. My consciousness created it and my consciousness is maintaining it now in its present form. If my consciousness were to change, my body would change. If my consciousness of supply were to change, my supply would change. Always, consciousness is forming its own body, its own image and likeness. My consciousness of home has made my home whatever it is. My consciousness of business, of a practice, of health, expresses as my home or business or practice, my health or my wealth. Those who understand this principle and who have seen some of the slums or ghettos of New York City will understand that only the state of consciousness of the people living in them created those ghettos. In the city of Chicago, where not too many years ago there were open plains, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter One, I Stand at the Door
- ... You are safety to those who are in danger; you are healing and health to those who are sick; you are prosperity to those who are poor, not by virtue of yourself-of yourself you are nothing-but by the grace of God which is within, by the spirit of God that is upon you. You are ordained to heal the sick, to raise the dead, to help the poor by the spirit of God to which you have opened yourself. Then all those who reach out to your consciousness receive that same spiritual blessing in proportion to their receptivity. But how can they become more receptive to God, to the Christ, to this spiritual influence? How can you become more receptive? By increasing your givingness. Receptivity is attained only through giving, through pouring out from the center of your being, and the more you give, the more receptive you are to the grace, the presence, and the healing power of God. What you have to give is an individual matter. The question that comes to you then is, "How am I to give? Out of what? I have so little." And the answer is, "That is not true. You have much to give. You have the grace of God; you have all of God, for God has given you all of Himself." The Master has told us some of the things that can be given: forgiveness, prayer. Learn to give forgiveness over and over and over again to your friends and to your enemies. You can pray; you can pray for your enemies. This is another form of giving: praying that your enemies be released from penalties, praying that their consciousness be opened to the light, praying that their sins be forgiven them, even as you would have your sins forgiven you. Receptivity is the key to spiritual attainment, and receptivity is attained through givingness. If you have a little change or more than a little to give, give and share it where you will. Remember, however, that givingness is not only the giving of material things, but is your attitude of forgiving, benevolence, peace, and good will toward all men. This is the real givingness: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er One, I Stand at the Door.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 21, 1963, Resting In Consciousness
- RESTING IN CONSCIOUSNESS April 21, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I THINK I AM GOING to make a suggestion. Mentally relax, and take the attitude that you are not going to try to understand what I will say. Instead, let my words be like seeds dropped into your consciousness and then let them mature. Get away from any mental efforts to understand, because I am going to try to say something that will not lend itself to being understood. Since this is just another in the long series that we have had, every one of these Sunday talks has been leading up to this, so that it will be a cumulative effect. It is not as if each one of these Sunday talks were separate and by itself, but they form a continuity and this makes a cumulative effect. Today should be a logical follow up and, since what has gone before has formed the consciousness with which you hear today, it will be better if you relax, let my words fall on your ears, and then let happen whatever may. You will not lose anything by it even if you do not remember, because when the seeds break open and take root, the message will reveal itself to you as if you had never heard it before. It is like a student who just wrote me that, after studying for ten years, he had had the most wonderful revelation that there is no power in effect. To him it was as though it was an original revelation and that is good, because it came from within and established itself. During all of these weeks, the nature of the message has been to reveal God as your individual consciousness. To be able to realize that enables you to sit back as comfortably, as joyously and confidently as a baby sitting on its mother's lap. You know the baby is in heaven because it has its only God right there. Its mother is that; mother is protection, food, clothing, housing, and she is love in every form. And so it is, to glimpse God as your consciousness enables you to relax and rest, and "live and move and have your being" in him. All the responsibility ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Resting In Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 99K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 7, Preparation for Spiritual Baptism
- Chapter Seven Preparation for Spiritual Baptism Spiritual grace is an anointing by the Spirit, and our part in receiving this anointing is to prepare for it. Many persons wonder why the blessings of the Spirit do not come to them, or at least why these blessings do not come in greater measure, and yet they do not realize that they themselves are setting up the barriers that prevent it. There is probably one thing that all mystics agree on in their presentation of the revelations of truth that have come to them, and that is that the nature of God is love. That is one outstanding agreement. To receive God is to receive love, but what do we offer as instruments through which to receive love? The answer is that in the degree that we live as human beings, we engage in judgment, criticism, condemnation, and unforgiveness. As human beings, we live out from the old Hebraic eye-for-an-eye-and-tooth-for-a-tooth law, and are quite unable to forgive seventy times seven. In a consciousness of that nature, it is virtually impossible to receive the anointing of the Spirit. We must prepare ourselves for the anointing by a change from within which in scripture has been called the renewing of the mind: "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." 1 When the Master taught such things as loving our neighbor as ourselves, praying for the enemy, forgiving those who persecute us, resisting not evil, he was not actually setting forth a spiritual message. He was preparing human consciousness to receive the anointing of the Spirit because until we bring ourselves to that state of consciousness, to that renewal of our mind, it is not possible to receive the Holy Ghost. The Pure Consciousness Is Free of Judgment One example of the necessity for freedom from judgment as to what is pure and what is not pure can be found in the experience of Peter who in the depth of his great love for Judaism could not bring himself to eat the meat of the pig or to teach the truth of the Christian message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation for Spiritual Baptism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1956, The Christ
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The Christ Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:10-19 IN order to reach the kingdom of heaven, we must transcend the realm of mind and thought to the heights where the realm of Spirit unfolds and discloses itself. Upon entering the kingdom, we receive, within ourselves, the Word of God; the light of the Christ; the Spirit of God in man. Although we strive and press onward toward the kingdom only that the Word be received-always the Word is made flesh and dwells among us. Every time It is heard, It becomes manifest in the outer realm. Every time the divine impulse is felt, it becomes visible and tangible without. This Word of God is the substance of all form, the substance of all demonstration, the bread of life, the water of life eternal, the wine of inspiration; and therefore, when faced with any appearance of discord, inwardly we can say: "I and my Father are one. . . . All that the Father hath is mine. . . . I have meat ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1956, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 127K
Find Similar Documents