The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter I, What Is Spiritual Heating?
- CHAPTER I WHAT IS SPIRITUAL HEALING? The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be the instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody. Until the last century, healing had been considered largely the prerogative of the medical profession; but in recent years, so many churches have turned their attention to this subject that today the healing of mind, body, and personal relationships is beginning to be considered as much the function of the church as of the doctor's office. Churches are opening their doors to discussions of the possibility of healing through prayer and other means. Other organizations are being formed for the purpose of engaging in research and in promoting the study and practice of various forms of healing, ranging all the way from spiritual healing to psychological and psychic healing. More and more, spiritual healing is being discussed and practiced. It looks as if within the next half century or so, materia medica will have found a remedy for almost every physical disease now known, and there will then be little need of metaphysical practitioners as far as the healing of physical disease is concerned. That, however, will not solve life's problems; it will not solve the problems of the world because the world's problem is not really a problem of disease. Disease is only one of the many facets of inharmony and discord in life. Advances in medicine will not eliminate the need for spiritual healing because, even with 100 per cent success in physical healing, I do not believe that such healing will ever succeed in revealing man's Soul to him. That will be the function of the practitioner of spiritual healing. Man will find that even when all physical, mental, moral, or financial discords have been eliminated there will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... What Is Spiritual Heating_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 9, The Mind of Christ Jesus
- ~ 9 ~ THE MIND OF CHRIST JESUS Our task now will be the revelation of the consciousness of the statement, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 Throughout all recorded history, no such works were ever done as those of the Master and, yet, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing," 2 and again, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 It is agreed by all students of metaphysics that the mighty works were the direct activity of that mind which was in Christ Jesus and, according to his own word, that mind was not personal to Jesus, but was "my Father and your Father"-the universal mind or creative principle of all men. Thus, the mind of man is the creative principle of the universe. We, however, long taught to believe that our mind is personal to us, that therefore the mind of one individual differs in intelligence and understanding from another, have lost the consciousness of the infinity of mind, our mind. We can regain this true consciousness of mind only in the degree that we perceive the universality and oneness of mind. We often hear it said, "Oh, if Jesus were only on earth today." Whereas, we must realize that the mind which was in Christ Jesus, the consciousness which healed the sick, fed the multitudes, and raised the dead, is your mind and my mind, and in proportion as we gain spiritually this perception, will we do those works, "and even greater works." After the re-introduction of spiritual healing many mighty healing works were done. So much so, that great edifices were erected in gratitude for marvelous healings and works of reformation. Today we hear that healing work does not compare to the early days in the field of metaphysics, and yet we know that healings were not accomplished by person, but by principle; not by people, but by that mind which was in Christ Jesus. Is it not clear then that we need, more than anything else, to recapture the consciousness of the presence of that mind? Must we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...9, The Mind of Christ Jesus.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:43- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1956, The Part We Play
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Part We Play Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua, the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:1-9 NOT only are these passages from Joshua a continuous assurance and reassurance of the omnipresence of God, Truth, they are also an admonition "to do according to all the law"-to remain in the realization of the Truth-with the promise that as long as we abide in the Truth, turning neither to the right nor to the left, "I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...arch 1956, The Part We Play.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 1, A Message for the New Year
- T Chapter One A Message for the New Year his is the time of year when you wish all those with whom you come in contact a happy New Year. You should realize that in doing this you are not benefiting those to whom you wish this happy New Year, nor are you doing anything to bring them a happy New Year by your wishing them one. Under certain conditions, however, you, yourself, are benefiting by wishing other people a happy New Year, but you must know what those certain conditions are. No one can bring a happy or prosperous New Year to another or a joyous one. Only the individual can do that for himself. Determining Factors in Achieving a Happy New Year You can wish a person a happy New Year but it will do nothing for him. The only thing that will ensure a happy New Year for him is whether or not he is living in accord with loving the Lord, his God, with all his soul, all his heart, and all his mind, and loving his neighbor as himself. To the extent of his violation of that he cannot have the happy New Year that you might wish him and would like for him to have. You cannot give it to anyone. Only he, himself, can determine the degree of the happiness of the New Year, and he determines that by the degree of his loving God and his neighbor as himself. Those are the determining factors in whether or not he will have a happy New Year. But this must not stop you from wishing a person a happy New Year because in the degree that you are wishing for others a happy New Year, in that degree are you loving your neighbor as yourself, in that degree are you loving God, and in that degree are you fulfilling the terms that will ensure you, yourself, a happy and prosperous New Year. But there is one catch to it and this is the one for which you must watch. Embrace All Mankind in Your Good Wishes When you wish a person a happy New Year, be sure that in your mind you are not wishing him personally a happy New Year, but that you are including all mankind, recognizing that every person is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Message for the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter VIII, Henceforth Know We No Man After the Flesh
- CHAPTER VIII HENCEFORTH KNOW WE NO MAN AFTER THE FLESH The question may arise in your mind, "How can I stop thinking about and believing in good and evil?" Let me give you an example which may help to clarify this point. Look at your hand, and ask yourself, "Is it a good hand or is it a bad hand?" And if you carry out into practice what you have learned thus far, you will have to admit that your hand is neither good nor bad: It is just a hand, a piece of flesh and a bundle of bones. It has no power to act in or of itself: It cannot pet and it cannot punch; it cannot give and it cannot withhold. But you can move it; you can use it as an instrument for giving or withholding. You can do such things, but the hand cannot. The hand is but an instrument for your use. It can be used for various purposes: It can give generously and benevolently or steal unashamedly, but this hand cannot of itself do anything. There has to be something to move the hand. Since you govern your hand, you can empower it to do good or evil, and not only can you empower the hand but also the body, sometimes to do good and sometimes to do evil. However, when you have transcended mind and thought, it is then that both mind and body are governed and controlled by the I that is God, and this produces a mind, body, and daily experience which are neither good nor evil but spiritual. The secret again is in the attainment of the unconditioned mind through which the Soul functions as life and experience. The very moment you are willing to admit that this hand can of its own self do nothing, it is governed by the I, and from then on it becomes an instrument of God carrying with it only the power to bless, because you and I, of our own human selves, are no longer governing this hand: Now I am, and I is God. Turn now from consideration of your hand and take your whole body into your mind and realize this same truth: You do not have a good or a bad body, a young or an old body. Your body is merely so much flesh ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w We No Man After the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XV, As We Forgive
- Over and over again Jesus extols the virtues of forgiveness. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy ... One of the most important lessons for all of us to learn is that there is no room in the spiritual life for the return of evil for evil-there is no room for anything but a life of forgiveness. From the moment of waking in the ... That night, however, as I was meditating, all of a sudden the word forgiveness flashed into my mind. The first thought that came to me was, "Am I completely purged? Am I entertaining anything in my thought regarding anyone or ... And so I wondered if I had been completely forgiven and purged of any offenses of which I might have been guilty. There is a secret about forgiveness: There is not anything or anybody that can forgive us. Therefore, there is ... Just let us suppose for a moment that we could carry on a conversation with God about our faults. We confess our fault and we seek forgiveness, and to all this God says, "What? Forgiveness to do it all over again?" "Oh, no, God, it will never happen again. It couldn't ... Then we can go back again and ask for forgiveness. This time, God says, "I don't even know who you are any more. I don't see anything wrong in you to forgive." That is the true idea of forgiveness. There really is no God to forgive. When the state of consciousness that could be guilty of resentment, anger, jealousy, malice, or whatever it may have been "dies," there not ... If I have, forgiveness is complete; and if I have not, there must be a continual dying until I have realized my Self-completeness in God. I may not be able to praise myself and declare that I am pure, but this much I can do: I can turn and with an open heart forgive every offense that has ever been aimed at me or mine-at me personally, at my family, community, nation, and the world-and entertain a complete and full sense of forgiveness." With ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter XV, As We Forgive.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVI, That Ye May Be the Children of Your Father
- CHAPTER XVI THAT YE MAY BE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR FATHER No part of the Sermon on the Mount is more challenging than its teaching of not only loving our neighbor as ourselves, but our enemies as well. How we react to that command depends upon our answer to the question: Are there two powers? Is there something or someone outside the range of God's power? How great a God do we have? What limitations do we place upon God? To what degree do we believe that God operates on this side of the street but not on the other side? According to the Master, we are to "call no man [our] father upon the earth: for one is [our] Father which is in heaven." Therefore, no one has an American, British, or Russian father; a white, black, or yellow father; an occidental or oriental father: There is but one Father-the Father in heaven who is the creative and governing principle of each one of us and of all that is. There may be those who because of their ignorance of this principle do not yet know this truth about themselves and therefore cannot demonstrate it, but that does not prevent our knowing it about them. If we go to the altar to pray, knowing in our hearts that we have not accepted all men as sons of the one Father and therefore brothers, we might as well stop praying for ourselves, get up from the altar, sit down quietly, and decide within ourselves that before we can hope to reach God, we must become reconciled with our brother. Insofar as we can keep from thinking of a person as a human being-from thinking of his parents, his education, the environment in which he has grown up and now lives, and the accumulation of other factors that may have contributed to his present discord or harmony-and keep our mind stayed on God, realizing that everything that is emanates from God and everybody that is lives and moves and has his being in God, in that degree can we love our neighbor even though he be an enemy. Let us acknowledge not only that there are sinners, whose offenses are as great ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Children of Your Father.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 116K
Find Similar Documents