Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Business
- Business Business always seems to be dependent on certain conditions, circumstances and seasons, or on the good will of other persons. In the human picture business is affected by weather, finances, changing modes and fads, but turning from this picture we find that in reality business is the continuous activity of Principle; that this activity is infinite and harmonious, and that it is maintained and sustained by Principle itself. Christian metaphysics, revealing the spiritual nature of business, aids us to lift our thoughts regarding all commercial activity to the place where the true idea of business is apprehended. Every idea, and your business is an idea of Mind, is supported by the animating Principle of the idea. "When an idea begins to work in thought, it furnishes all that is necessary for its equipment, establishment and nourishment." -Adam Dickey BUSINESS IS AN INFINITE activity, is forever without limit, and is never dependent on person, place or thing. Right where you are, business is. It is a result of and resident in individual consciousness, because individual consciousness is the universal Consciousness individually expressed. If we go about our tasks doing those things that lie nearest at hand, with faith that there is an ever-present, invisible power which the Hebrews call Emmanuel, or "God with us," and which Christians call the Christ, our work will always bear fruit. This omnipresent and omnipotent power is the Presence of God prospering all right endeavor. It is only the degree in which we believe that it is either some personal effort of our own or another's, or that it is the good will of humans that prospers us, that causes apparent failure or lessening of fruitful activity. The prophet Isaiah clearly reminds us to "cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" The point to remember is that at all times, and in all places, there is an invisible and omnipotent power acting to support every right ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Joel Goldsmith_ Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 81K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 18, Search for Freedom
- ~ 18 ~ SEARCH FOR FREEDOM The uncertainties of human existence compel us to seek a way out of the difficulties that so frequently beset us. Illnesses of every name and nature mark our lives from infancy to old age; failure, disappointments, lack, and limitation seem to be our lot, even though each new year finds us hoping for a healthier and happier one than ever before, and as each "old year" passes we have but few regrets. Inherently we know that this should not be. Indeed, we become more certain with each disappointment that it need not be. Somewhere, we feel, is freedom from mortal trials and human tribulations. We know this freedom can be gained, if we but learn the way. Every human breast prays to God-perhaps to an "unknown God"-for the answer. Every nation and every race looks to its conception of the Almighty for rest, peace, and surcease from its worldly cares. The answer can only be found in God, the one true God whom Jesus called "our Father." In the degree that we understand God and his government of the universe, we are enabled to bring ourselves into harmony with the laws of spirit, under the jurisdiction of divine mind, and we find that every phase of human life is directly maintained in harmony and perfection through the reign of truth." It is our ignorance of God, the divine principle, which produces apparent discord, and the right understanding of him restores harmony." 1 In Christian Science we find that God is divine mind and, therefore, its creation must be in the form of ideas; that God is principle and his government must necessarily be impersonal, impartial, and universal; that God is love and this divine quality is manifested in the care and protection of love's creation; that God is truth, expressing infinite wisdom in its control over man and the universe; that God is spirit, the eternal, unchanging substance of all being. Added to these, we learn that God is infinite life, the one and only life, animating all men and things. Continuing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 18, Search for Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 8, Tithing
- ~ 8 ~ TITHING SOONER OR LATER, we all have to learn the meaning and importance of tithing because this practice carries us to our highest sense of gratitude, and gratitude is one facet of the vast subject of love. Tithing is usually understood to mean that if ten per cent of our income is given to some charitable or spiritual purpose, we will in some mysterious way have pleased God and so will be rewarded. Personally, I think that this teaching is entirely incorrect. There is no virtue in giving when there is any sense of a future tense connected with it. If our giving, whether in contributions to a charity, a church, or to a teacher, carries with it any thought that we will receive some benefit from it, it is best not to give. Giving should always be from the standpoint of gratitude for that which already is-health, wealth, happiness, and peace. We cannot get health and we cannot get wealth, we cannot get happiness, we cannot get peace. Those things were established from the beginning. They are a part of the divine Consciousness, and they will unfold as our individual consciousness in proportion to our turning within for that unfoldment, and in proportion to our devotion to the spiritual sense of life. It is perhaps true that many of us are not yet at that point of consciousness where we are able to realize our oneness with God sufficiently to receive a spiritual message without mediation. And yet God needs no mediator. Because of our oneness with God, truth can reveal itself in our consciousness without any person talking to us or without our reading a book; but inasmuch as we have not reached that state of communion and conscious oneness, truth interprets itself to human consciousness as a book, a church, or a teacher, until the time comes when our conscious oneness with God enables us to accept truth without any human means. God knows nothing about human teachers or teachings, or human places of worship. If God had made our churches, none of them would ever have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Is New_ Chapter 8, Tithing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: December 29, 1963, Into the New Year
- INTO THE NEW YEAR December 29, 1963 GOOD MORNING. In meditating this morning, we will bear in mind that the subject is of course the New Year. We are looking into a new year. We are still back here in 1963, but we are at the tail end of it and we are looking into 1964, and then waiting to see if the prophecies will come true. There is a better way: Let us look into 1964 and, with our inner ears open and our inner eyes open, receive light, wisdom, and guidance for this that we are looking into. In other words, in order that we have a higher wisdom than human wisdom, a higher protection than bombs, a higher guidance than human prophecy, the only place from which all this can come is from the kingdom of God within you, individually as well as collectively. The kingdom of God is within you and it can reveal 1964 to you far better than any of our prophets can prophesy. It can give you a wisdom with which to live the year. It really can illumine and inspire your wisdom in lifting it up into a higher measure. So, for the next fifteen minutes, we are going to look straight ahead into 1964 and let the spirit illumine it, not plan it, illumine it. Then, as you keep up this program each day and certainly preferably early in the morning, you will find that whatever illumination comes to you through this experience will be revealed to you each day. You will have a guidance and a protection from within you. We will start now looking into 1964 without any wishes or hopes, just with the realization that whatever is to be in 1964 is to be determined by this spirit of God within us.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...29, 1963, Into the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 58K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 12, Peace on Earth A Christmas Story
- O Chapter Twelve Peace on Earth: A Christmas Story ne of our students sent me a most beautiful story as a Christmas gift. I can give you the essence of it but not the beauty. It tells of an ancient king who was peaceable, just, merciful and kind. The neighboring king, however, was intent on war and conquest. The peaceable king sent an ambassador to the warlike king seeking peace. In the meantime, however, in order to protect his people, the king made preparations for war. From one end of the nation to the other, factories turned out war materiel. This activity saddened his people, for they well knew the nature of war. Gradually the smiles faded from their faces, and joy went out of their hearts. Seeing this, the king prayed for some means of changing the situation and bringing about peace and harmony to his people and to the nation. One day the wife of one of his officers came to the king and asked permission to reveal a secret to him. The king agreed, and she whispered in his ear. The secret pleased the king greatly, and he told her to go out and tell this secret to other women in the city. She was to confide this secret to each and every woman and tell each woman to in turn go abroad in the land and impart this great secret to other women. So, from one end of the nation to the other, women traveled, imparting this great secret to all the women, and the secret spread throughout the land. Soon smiles returned to the faces of the people, singing was once more heard in the land, and joy was abroad. On Christmas day word came from the ambassador that a peace treaty had been signed with the neighboring king. The king issued an edict that all war preparations were to cease and that factories were to return to peacetime products. He quickly learned that this had already been done. For several weeks the factories had been changing over to peacetime products, and this was in part the reason for the merriment in the land. The officers of the court wanted to know, "What is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... on Earth A Christmas Story.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 101K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 3, Prayer
- ~ 3 ~ PRAYER Success in prayer comes only when we understand the purpose and nature of prayer. The centuries of believing that God sends gifts, and that God bestows those things for which we pray, has been the barrier to fruitful prayer. God is the gift we must be seeking. God is the substance of all form, and to pray for something or some condition as though it were apart from God, or something to be bestowed by God, is the very sense of separation which holds off our good. God cannot give health-God is the only health. God cannot send food and raiment, since God is the Bread, the Meat, the Robe. God does not give peace, security and safety-God is the only Peace, the true Security, the Fortress and the Tower. The Scriptures of the entire world say, "Seek Me." Seek not what ye shall eat or drink, but seek rather the Kingdom of God. Every mystic, seer, prophet, savior and revelator has revealed the secret of fruitful prayer, and yet, generation after generation, the world has prayed for things and conditions. We are entering upon the spiritual era of mankind when peace and plenty shall cover the land, even as mother-love enfolds the babe. The secret of life may be known through an understanding of the nature of God, since this understanding alone reveals the nature of true prayer-and prayer alone is the means of communion with God. To seek God as men usually seek Him is as futile as the worldly search for the Holy Grail or the pot of gold at the foot of the rainbow. The attempt to reach God through the prayers men have learned is impossible, since true prayer is not an activity of the mind, and therefore is completely outside the realm of words or thoughts. The secret of successful prayer is the understanding that prayer is the activity of the Soul and not of the mind. Prayers, recited, read, or thought by the human mind do not rise higher than their source, and any effect, even a seeming good, is but the effect of one mind upon another-a mental suggestion which has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letters_ Chapter 3, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 86K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 7, Grace
- ... It is divine grace that you are enabled to fulfill every demand upon you, and this grace leaves you free and joyous to experience what is called this human life; but this life, understood through grace, is not a human life at all: it is really divine. Grace also includes forgiveness. Sometimes we hold ourselves in bondage to the belief of deserved punishment for sins of omission or commission, and often we hold others in bondage to these same beliefs. But under this life of grace, there is forgiveness without any consideration for whether one has deserved, earned, or been worthy of it. The forgiveness is there because grace reveals that the transgressor has not done this thing to you: he has done it unto himself, through ignorance. "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 1 You might think that the Master meant that they knew not what they did to him. He did not mean that at all. He meant that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. To him, nothing could happen. He had come under divine sonship. God was his eternal life, and no one could take that from him. God was his supply: he had already demonstrated that he could feed the multitudes. No one could take that power and ability away from him. He knew that they could do nothing to him; and the only possible meaning of "Father, forgive them" was that they did not know what they were doing to themselves. The true sense of forgiveness is a ... You will get out of life whatever you put into it, no more and no less. It may be a life of peace, but there will be no peace or prosperity for those who are expecting to get something. It may be a life of war and depression, but there will be no war or depression to the person who is putting into life his love, his forgiveness, and his dependence on grace. To that person, none of these things will come nigh his dwelling place. If you could learn the secret of grace, which is a complete reliance on this infinite power within, you would find a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Your Nets_ Chapter 7, Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents