The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IX, This Is a Spiritual Universe
- CHAPTER IX THIS IS A SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE Several years ago when I was on my way to South Africa, I stopped off for a day in the Belgian Congo, and after the man in charge of the bookings and his assistant had taken care of all my tickets, made whatever examinations were necessary, and weighed my luggage, I called a little native boy to carry my three bags out to the plane which I was boarding for Johannesburg. This was such a small air station that I could see the boy as he walked out of the gate onto the field with one large piece of baggage in each hand and a small piece under his arm. A few minutes later he returned without any baggage and I said to him questioningly, "O.K.?" to which he replied, "O.K." When I arrived in Johannesburg the next morning, there was only the one tiny little piece of baggage waiting for me, and the other two large pieces were missing. Immediately, the personnel of this tremendously big and active airport at Johannesburg began searching for my baggage, but they did not find it in the enclosure nor was it with the crew's baggage; and furthermore when they sent someone to search the plane, there was no baggage there, either. The person in charge of the airline said that he would immediately contact the station in the Belgian Congo and would soon have an answer for me, so there was nothing for me to do but go to my hotel. The Infinite Way students in Johannesburg had arranged for me to visit Krueger National Park, so after buying some necessary clothing, we started out on our three-day trek through this fabulous wild-animal preserve with the full expectation of picking up my baggage when we returned. But upon our return no baggage had as yet been found. The only explanation the airline had to offer was that somebody must have stolen it, and that that somebody must have been the little native boy and a confederate because the last time the bags were seen was when he had picked them up and carried them out onto the field. The absurdity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his Is a Spiritual Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 1, The Secret of Success
- ... It is a form of bargaining! Most people have no trouble sharing with their wives or husbands, with their children, or with their parents. It is a little more difficult to give to their neighbor's children-those down the street or those in Africa, China, Japan, or elsewhere. We are all bottled up in ourselves and our own families, and we let others take care of themselves and their own families, forgetting that we are supposed to love our neighbors as ourselves. To demonstrate supply, then, we must first ask ourselves not who will give to us or what is there for us to get, but, "What do I have in the house that I can begin to pour, to share?" Somewhere within ourselves we have to find a few drops of oil, or a little meal, or an old pair of shoes, or a few pennies in our purses. We must find something that we can give, pour, share. Money, food, clothing are not the only things we have stored within us which we can give of in order to start the flow from within us. We can find some forgiveness for someone or perform some service for someone. When you are serving man, you are serving God. The Master said, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." You are not serving God unless you are serving man, including the very least of them. The only way you can serve God is by your service to mankind-not only to the rich, the handsome, and the beautiful but to the very least of them. The only way we have of serving God is by serving our fellowman, whether it is the sharing of dollars, pounds, or pennies or the forgiving or praying for our enemies. Scripture tells us that if you say you love God and do not love your fellowman, you are a liar! Forgive and Pray for Enemies We could forgive our enemies-pray to God to forgive those who have offended us, insulted us, and grievously used us. Forgive not only those who have personally injured us but also those who have hurt our nation, our race, our religion, our friends, our relatives. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, The Secret of Success.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 98K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXX, God Made This World for Men and Women
- CHAPTER XXX GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR MEN AND WOMEN Man is a prisoner of his mind. He is locked up inside his mind just as a little chick is locked up inside the egg. If it could look around inside the shell, it would see only darkness; it might even feel a sense of hunger and find no food there, and certainly, above all things, no companionship. In this lone, tightly locked up shell, that little chick must wonder what it has to live for. There is nothing for it to be happy about, but on the other hand, there is also nothing to be unhappy about: it has never known the world so it does not know what it is missing. All it knows is what it is experiencing while locked up inside the shell, and yet it does not even know that it is locked up inside its shell. As far as the chick is concerned, it might stay on there forever, living in that darkness. It might even find enough food in the shell to keep it alive. It would not really be living: it would be existing, and of itself it could no nothing about it. There it is, and it looks as if there it is doomed to be. But fortunately for these little chicks, there is something beyond themselves, there is something that causes a chick to peck at the shell, and to keep pecking and pecking at it until it breaks a hole in it and sees some light. Imagine what goes on in a little chick's mind when it begins to catch a ray of light from outside, and realizes that there is something out there that it has not seen, something it has not felt, some place it has not been. It keeps pecking away, and pecking away. It knows nothing about an outside world; it has no desire to get out; and probably left to itself, it would be satisfied with the comfort of the shell in which it is enfolded; but there is a something that eventually compels the chick to break open that shell and come outside, and find a great big world in which to go looking for food, and other chicks with which to play. In the first six hours that that chick is out of the shell, it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his World for Men and Women.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 112K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Supply The entire subject of supply must be approached from the standpoint, not of your supply or mine, but of what is the principle of supply? In the spiritual realm we always deal with principles, and when we deal with principles, the truth about any principle is true of any and every individual. The only reason we do not all equally demonstrate a specific principle is that we do not know the truth. We can demonstrate only whatever of truth we know. "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,"1 but you must know it and I must know it, and any truth that we do not know we cannot expect to demonstrate. Impersonalizing Supply In demonstrating supply the first step is to impersonalize it, so that you do not think in terms of "my" supply or "your" supply, because there is no truth about "your" supply or "my" supply. There is only the truth about supply, and this truth is universal. It makes no difference whether it is the financing of our families, our church, or financing a world-wide movement because once this principle is learned, the amount involved is of no importance. It is just as easy to demonstrate a hundred thousand dollars a year as it is one thousand dollars a year, if the principle is known and understood and if there is a legitimate need for the larger amount. Spiritually, no one could demonstrate even one dollar if behind the attempted demonstration there is a wrong motive, a selfish motive, or a destructive one. It would take many weeks to show you step by step the way in which I learned these principles, but I can give you the principles I have learned and those that I have watched in operation in the financing of my personal needs, those of my family, those of the Infinite Way, and in these thirty years all that I have witnessed in the experience of our students. The Invisible Supply of a Tree To begin with, supply is never visible. No one has ever seen supply. All that you can ever see of supply is the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 6, The Light Breaking Through
- ~ 6 ~ THE LIGHT BREAKING THROUGH Primal, original Consciousness is pure, infinite, harmonious, and all-good; and this is the consciousness of individual being. When we cut ourselves off or are cut off from that infinite divine Consciousness and come to have a mind and a life of our own, separate from God, we are no longer under the law of God. Life then becomes a matter of chance, a statistic: sometimes good and sometimes evil, but more often evil than good. The only hope for a restoration to harmony is to return to the Father's house and be united again consciously with God. Fortunately, this does not depend upon us. It is not our human efforts that bring us back to God. It is the grace of God breaking through. I hope that none of us will ever think that we brought ourselves to a spiritual teaching or that we are responsible for remaining on the spiritual path or for any spiritual progress in our life. This would destroy all our chances for real progress. If we think of the millions of people on earth who from almost any standpoint are as good or better than we are and who are not on the Path, but are surely entitled to be on the spiritual path as much as we are, it must be clear that we have not come this far because we deserve it or because we have chosen God. To believe that we of ourselves have chosen a spiritual pathway would be egotism in its final stage. No, God has chosen us. The finger of God has touched us, not because we have earned it, deserved it, or are better than the rest of mankind, but for reasons which go back long before our present experience on earth, reasons that have to do with evolving consciousness which always comes to fruition in its own time. "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you. . . . I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." 1 As we evolve from state to state of consciousness, at last we return to where we were in the beginning with all the glory we had with God before the human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Light Breaking Through.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 5, A Purified Consciousness
- A Chapter Five A Purified Consciousness s we become receptive and responsive to the experience of God, we can embrace the whole universe within ourselves in meditation: This universe of God's creating is within me and within all being. God's love enfolds and upholds it. God's love enfolds all who are therein. God's love permeates this universe. All that exists in this universe God created, and it is spiritual. All that exists is of God, and God is the good unto this universe. Whoever it is, wherever it is, whatever it is, it is neither good nor evil but wholly spiritual, as of God. The good which is God permeates and maintains it. Every individual embraced in my consciousness is the son of God, the child of God, the offspring of God, God's own creation-not good and not evil. All those embraced in the spiritual universe are of God and therefore spiritual. Neither Good nor Evil in Form or Effect We do not label anyone good or evil. We place no labels on anyone, nor will we label any condition as good or evil. The moment some form of physical, mental, moral, or financial discord comes into our thought, we strip away the label of good or evil. We see it as a condition that exists, but a condition that exists not as good and not as evil. With such an attitude, we let it be translated into that which it is and thereby behold a harmony or a wholeness where heretofore there was discord or disease. Let us begin with this moment and remember that there is neither good nor evil in this world. Let us place no labels of good or evil upon anyone or anything. We acknowledge God as the only good, and we acknowledge that all that exists partakes of God's goodness. Regardless of any appearance that may be in our thought at this moment, we acknowledge that evil has no real or permanent existence. Whatever the appearance, we will call it neither good nor evil. It is a state of duality to behold good and evil. Whatever we see as a person, situation, or condition becomes good or evil in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, A Purified Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents