The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 12, Realizing the Principles
- ~ 12 ~ REALIZING THE PRINCIPLES Please remember, it is only in the first months or year that living the Infinite Way may seem a bit burdensome and difficult. Be willing, for the sake of its fruitage, to undertake some of the labor that goes with this work in the beginning. In living the Infinite Way you are doing two things all day long: You are doing protective work and you are doing treatment, or healing, work. You are engaged in those two activities throughout the day whether or not anybody asks you for help, and you are always using these three principles-the realization of one power, impersonalization, and nothingizing-as the major part of your work. From the moment you awaken in the morning, you are to do protective work. Now, don't think of protective work as protecting yourself from evil or protecting anybody else from evil. Remember, protective work is the realization that there is no power from which to protect one's self. Protective work is living in the realization that since there is only one power, there are no other powers to do anything or be anything. Any other suggestion is mesmeric influence, mortal mind, the arm of flesh, nothingness. Without protective work, even though you're not consciously thinking of accidents or discords or diseases or sins or temptations, you are permitting yourself to accept unconsciously, or subconsciously, the world's mesmerism, the world's hypnotic suggestions. In other words, this evil touches your life in very much the same way as subliminal perception operates. Something enters your consciousness which you do not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell; it enters in the form of suggestion, or mental imposition. You don't have to see a headline to know there is trouble in the world. You inwardly feel it. But even if you can't sense the trouble, you can tell it if you've awakened with a headache, or you've awakened with a dullness, or you've awakened with a sense of fear. None of this originates in you; none of this is part ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, Realizing the Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 107K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 4, Treatment - Its Meaning and Purpose
- ~ 4 ~ TREATMENT: ITS MEANING AND PURPOSE Good Morning. Sunday morning on Maui-one of those beautiful days Maui knows how to make! We have done an important work this week. If these tapes are properly studied they can prove to be the most important work you have undertaken in the message of the Infinite Way, but this depends on what you put into it. You won't get more out of these tapes than you put in because all these tapes have are words, and the words only take on importance as they become imbued in your consciousness and their meaning is realized. You may have to listen to these tapes many, many times before you begin to get the meaning that I put into them. That meaning is the direct result of thirty years of this work. They are important, that I'll tell you-and why? Because they deal with the subject of treatment. Why is the subject of treatment important, when it is a word that is never heard in the religious world? To understand that, you have to understand the purpose of treatment. The purpose of treatment, metaphysically understood, is the development of spiritual consciousness. Treatment isn't aimed at healing diseases or at getting supply; treatment isn't aimed at making better relationships. Treatment has one specific purpose, and that is developing spiritual consciousness. Now let me illustrate exactly how this is accomplished. In the material state of consciousness into which we were born, the greatest reality is matter and material force. That's what we fear the most and that's what we love the most. We love it most in forms of money, jewelry, property, and investments, and we fear it most in the forms of bullets, poisons, and germs. Matter in one form or another is the subject of our love, of our hate, and of our fear. In another sense, matter is something we use in the form of material force, whether it is water power or electrical power, to attain good in one way or another. But we also use material force for destructive purposes, to kill or to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t - Its Meaning and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 138K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 3, Self-Completeness
- ~ 3 ~ SELF-COMPLETENESS You are Self-complete through God. You are not, and never will be, complete because of any effort you have ever made toward being good or being spiritual. Your completeness is in God. This is in accordance with the teaching of the Master Christ Jesus: "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 2 . . . Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God. 3 . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." 4 In other words, all the power of Jesus was really the power of the Christ made evident through Jesus. Remember that, in and of yourself, you are nothing except that God be the reality of your being. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ you are fulfilled in all your completeness. So you can draw on your Christhood for anything to the extent of your realization of this truth. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4 Think of a tree with its trunk and its root system deep down in the earth, and then think of the branches on the tree. The tree has a root system which draws into it the food from the earth. It has a distributing system that sends that food up through the trunk out into the branches. There is a catalytic agent that turns the sun and the air and the water into some kind of an essence that feeds the branches and later becomes the fruit. Now for a moment think of yourself as a branch, and realize how you are being fed: through the trunk, or the vine, from the earth. As a human being, you are not partaking of that divine substance: you are a branch cut off from the trunk of the tree. It would appear that each of us is a separate unit, walking around in space, none of us attached to the other, none of us at one with the other, and certainly no sign of any God, feeding, supporting, maintaining, or supplying us: just ourselves, lone branches suspended in space, attached to nothing, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Self-Completeness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Four, God Is One
- CHAPTER FOUR GOD IS ONE Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. Deuteronomy 6: 4 In our agreement and understanding that God is one, God has no opposite, and there is no opposition. With God as one, there is only one activity, one being, one cause, one power, one law. When the Master was asked which of the commandments was the greatest, he answered, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Therefore, the first and greatest commandment is, "Thou shalt have none other gods before me." We think of God as power, and so the commandment is: Thou shalt acknowledge no other power but God. What, then, are we fearing-germs, infection, contagion? Since God is the only power, can these things have any power? According to the Master's teaching, they could have no power except such as was given them by God. Do we fear lack or limitation? How can lack or limitation affect us? Do we fear wars and hydrogen bombs? According to the first commandment, only God is power. What would happen to the power of the hydrogen bomb if we could realize God as the only power? Think on this deeply, because there must come a moment of transition when we can intellectually declare, "Why, that is right. If God is the only power, what have we to fear from all the so-called powers of earth and hell?" Then there must come a moment of transition when we go from that intellectual agreement to spiritual agreement, a feeling of agreement within, "Yes, that is the truth; I feel the truth of that one power." "Thou shalt have none other gods before me"-therefore, God is the only law. We are now faced with a startling question: Is there a law of disease? God is the only law. What, then, is causing disease? What is perpetuating it, if there is no law of disease? We are told in Scripture, "According to your faith be it unto you"; and therefore, if you have confidence, faith, or belief that there is a law of disease, so it must be unto you. You see, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y_ Chapter Four, God Is One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 7, Sin - Its Illusory Nature
- CHAPTER 7 Sin: Its Illusory Nature SIN; WHAT the world calls sin; what the metaphysician calls sin-disease, lack, limitation: these, we are given to understand, have their foundation in a sense of selfhood apart from God, and they have no existence in the Kingdom of God, which is our individual being. Once it has been revealed to us that these so-called conditions exist only as appearances, there is nothing more to be done about the matter. We have done all. So if I say to you, "I don't feel well, give me help," and you immediately come back with all the metaphysical arguments you know, then all you are trying to do is combat, enter into conflict with, or try to overcome, what I have said. Whereas instead, you should go very quietly within your own being, and realize what can be done with an illusion. Then, once you have discovered its illusory nature, what can you do about it? Why should you fear a toy serpent after you have discovered that it's a toy? We can understand right well that I may have a toy serpent and yet I believe that it is a serpent and say, "Give me help." However, you, from the higher standpoint of your wisdom, discern that it is a toy serpent. So what should you do about it? Do nothing. Just give me that assurance, that's all, that all is well. Do not try to combat my statement of error. Do not try to convince me of its error. Do not try to get rid of the serpent, overcome it, or destroy it. Ye shall know the Truth, and the Truth shall make you free. Now the truth about a toy serpent is that it is harmless. The truth about any infection or contagion is that it is harmless. Why, then, try to overcome it? Why argue with it? Agree with thine adversary. So when a call comes for help, since we do know how real a discord appears to the one asking for help, the most compassionate thing we can do, the most loving thing we can do, is to say, "I will help you immediately; I will be with you immediately." Then the patient understands, right well, that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Sin - Its Illusory Nature.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 3, Treatment - Knowing the Truth
- ~ 3 ~ TREATMENT: KNOWING THE TRUTH Good evening. The other evening we started by saying that as a human being you are a pendulum. You are acted upon, and whichever way thoughts fly in the air they move you. If there is pessimism or fear or danger in the air, you feel downhearted, discouraged, blue and fearful. If optimism, boom and prosperity are in the air, you feel inflated. If there is infection and contagion in the air, the first thing you know, you have flu or grippe. These things ought not to be because you were given dominion over everything between the sky and the bottom of the ocean-you were given dominion by the grace of God. But instead of exercising dominion, you wake up in the morning, get dressed, have breakfast, and run off to work leaving your minds a perfect blank for anybody to operate on or in, for anything to influence by whichever way the wind blows. This is why the human world experiences the things it does. You know it has been demonstrated that those who are willing to take the driver's seat in their minds and govern their own thinking, who decide what they wish to think and for how long a time they wish to think it, those people have some dominion over their own lives. We have been taught how to do that. I'm going to give you a concrete illustration of how the power of thought acting on us influences us. There is a minister who recently wrote a book on the effect of prayer on plants. He wrote this book after several years of conducting experiments that others had also tried through the years, and the results of his experiments and those of the others are always the same. He discovered this: If you take a plant, place it on a table, and have one, two, or three people sit in front of it and address it with what you might call prayer or treatment, in a few days the plant will grow at least four inches beyond the normal growth of that species. They love the plant, tell the plant that God created it, that it is a child of God, that it is fed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eatment - Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 6, A Wedding Talk
- ~ 6 ~ A WEDDING TALK * Human marriage itself, as we know it today, is not too successful, but it would be unnatural for it to be successful as it is known today because it is said that in marriage two become one, and that has been interpreted to mean that one or the other loses his identity and individuality; the wife even loses her name. Two becoming one does not mean the separation or the loss of individual identity or individuality, for this is an utter impossibility. An individual remains an individual, not only from birth to death, but actually long before birth until long, long after death. We never lose our individuality; we never lose our uniqueness. It is an impossibility for an individual to give up, to surrender, or to lose that which constitutes his being, and human marriage tries to make either the man or the woman submit himself or herself and surrender that which is most precious in the sight of God: his or her individual expression of God being. Each of us is individual, each of us has individual qualities, each of us has individual talents and gifts, and these are not to be surrendered in marriage. . . . In a spiritual marriage there is not bondage but freedom, but this is not true in human marriage. It is true in spiritual marriage, where both recognize that in marrying they are setting each other free. This is the only thing I have discovered in thirty years of this work that will make possible happy marriages, peaceful marriages, successful marriages: the ability to set the other free that each may live his own individual life, and yet share with each other without demanding. In human marriage a husband has certain rights and a wife has certain rights, but in a spiritual marriage this is not true. Neither husband nor wife has any rights: they have only the privilege of loving; they have only the privilege of sharing. They have the privilege of giving, but they have no right to demand anything of the other. We do not leave human experience while ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 6, A Wedding Talk.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: The Christ
- ... We realize that whatever of good comes to us is the direct result of our own understanding of the nature of our own being. Our understanding of spiritual life unfolds in proportion to our receptivity to Truth, not praying up to God, but letting God unfold and reveal Itself to us. This is the higher concept of prayer. It is achieved as we take a few minutes now and then during the day and evening to meditate, commune, listen. In quietness, we become a state of receptivity which opens the way for us to feel or become aware of the very presence of God. This feel, or awareness, is the activity of God, Truth, in our consciousness - it is the Christ, the Reality of us. Ordinarily we live in a world of sense and concern ourselves only with the objects of sense. This gives us our experiences of good and evil, pain and pleasure. As we, through our study and meditation, turn more to the mental side of life, we find that we develop higher thoughts and, therefore, we experience better conditions. As our mental qualities become more refined and we take on more patience, kindness, charitableness, and forgiveness, our human experiences reflect these qualities back to us. But let us not stop there. Higher even than the plane of body and mind, there is the realm of Soul, the kingdom of God. Here we find the reality of our being, our divine nature - not that body and mind are separate or apart from Soul, but that Soul is the deepest recess of our being. In the realm of Soul, we find complete tranquility, absolute peace, harmony, and dominion. Here we find neither good nor evil, pain nor pleasure - only the joy of being. We are in the world, but not of it because we no longer see the world of sense as it appears to be but, having awakened our spiritual sense, we "see him as he is" - we see through appearances to the Real. Heretofore, we have sought our happiness in the objective universe, in person, place, or thing. Now, through spiritual sense, Soul-sense, the whole world tends to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 9, Starting the Mystical Life
- T Chapter Nine Starting the Mystical Life he glorification of a human being is never the goal of a spiritual study. Rather is it the annihilation of the human being. When Paul teaches that we need to "die daily," 1 he is not playing with language. He is very serious about that. So, too, when the Master states, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it," 2 he is stating a spiritual principle. Many metaphysical teachings would have us believe that by demonstrating health and supply we are doing the will of God. In the very earliest days of metaphysical healing, there was no such intent. Healing was only a means of proving that the principle was true, but the principle was the important thing and not the healing. What followed and still continues could happen in our work. Those in the Infinite Way who carry on a healing ministry or conduct tape meetings usually give some instruction to those who come to them, explaining the principles that students do not understand, the how and the why of them, and helping them with healing work. What inevitably happens is that if those who are conducting the work are at all consecrated they soon become so busy with healing work that there is no time left for teaching, instruction, or imparting the message. So there again begins the same old round of sitting in an office and acting as an aspirin tablet or a foot plaster to those who bring their bodies to the office. That really should not happen in our work. The metaphysics of the Infinite Way is made up of the letter of truth and, while studying that, it is natural that our health, our living conditions, our business, and our human relationships all improve. But these are not our goal. Our goal is to achieve a consciousness of the mysticism of the Infinite Way, that is, that part of the teaching which brings us into conscious union with God. If the attainment of material things were our goal, we could very quickly have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Starting the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter V, Transcending Mind
- CHAPTER V TRANSCENDING MIND In the beginning, there was only one state of consciousness, the spiritual, but ever since the so-called Fall, man has been divided into three states of consciousness -the material, mental, and spiritual. Spiritual consciousness, when made flesh, is the perfect, immortal body, but few of all the billions of people who have lived on this planet have achieved spiritual consciousness, very few. Instead, throughout countless generations of humanhood, the world has been living in a material and mental state of consciousness, and for the most part, all that has been known is a material sense of the world, a world in which men make their living by the sweat of their brow and in which everything they do is done by physical or mental means. Even today the world has not risen too far above that physical sense of a universe, despite the fact that in this last century more of the mental has been revealed, although revealed primarily in the sense of the mental governing the physical. Out of that has come what is known as the science of right thinking, designed to manipulate the human scene. For example, if a person does not have a home, all he has to do is to catch hold of the right thought and the home appears, or if he does not have a satisfactory companion, just a little right thinking, and the old companion vanishes and a new one appears! If he suffers from some physical discord, just a little bit of right thinking, holding the "right thoughts," and lo and behold, the diseased body disappears and the harmonious body appears in its place. Even when this sort of mental therapy is effective, and it often is, those using this technique are still left with a physical universe-a physical body, a physical companion, a physical anything subject to the laws of good and evil-and the very next day it is possible for the discords and inharmonies to begin all over again. One part of the body is healed, and then another one speaks up; the problem of supply is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Transcending Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 112K
Find Similar Documents