Leave Your Nets: Chapter 14, I the Lord Have Called Thee
- ~ 14 ~ "I THE LORD HAVE CALLED THEE" Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:1-5: 10, 11 Do you see that the conviction that has to come to each one of us is that because the he, the it, the I of our being is the power, not one of us can fail? Do you see how there is no way for us to gain confidence or to lose fear until that moment of transition when we inwardly sense that he has that power, and because he has that power, we cannot fail? Do you see how this brings out, not only a sense of humility, it brings out the realization-not a quotation in a book, but the realization-that there is a "he." Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Isaiah 40:28-30 Even the young, who depend on their muscles, who depend on their vitality or their youth, even they will come face to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I the Lord Have Called Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 25, No Outlined Physical Form
- ~ 25 ~ NO OUTLINED PHYSICAL FORM We need to remember that man is not an outlined physical form, nor a finite being surrounded by limitations, but that man is an individual expression of God's being; expressing the infinite good, the eternal harmony, the allness of life, truth and love. As we dwell on the spiritual nature and character of man, leaving our so- called selfhood out of thought, our divine nature reveals itself in all forms of peace, harmony and perfection. We need to keep constantly in thought that spiritual man is complete and "has not a single quality underived from Deity." Man includes within his own consciousness the freedom and joy of God's being. Man does not sit around waiting to receive these from God, for man is the very expression of these qualities of God. All good is embraced in the divine consciousness which man reflects. This is-ness of good is the Christ, truth, revealing the omnipresence of that harmony which may at the moment appear to be absent or apart from us. Have no fear; trust the Christ as the "divine influence ever-present in human consciousness" which reveals our perfect being. Feel the peace and joy of God flooding your consciousness with his love and his life, and the light will appear. The question is frequently asked, "How may I know when a healing is complete?" To begin with, we must bear in mind that there can be no actual healing, because there is nothing to be healed. "Spirit is infinite; therefore spirit is all. There is no matter." 1 Spirit never needs healing. This is all you need to know. Regardless of appearances, "spirit is all" and spirit does not need healing. There is no "you" outside of mind, so you need no healing. Spirit being all, it is complete. Mind is all, and mind's work is forever complete. You need do no work about this, but you must accept the truth of the completeness of mind. You have no demonstration to make. All action and volition belong to God, and his demonstration (you) was complete from the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., No Outlined Physical Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 16, Within-ness
- ~ 16 ~ WITHIN-NESS Are you in the mood to write? Yes? Then, the inspiration will be provided for you, because there is inherent in the human consciousness that which serves when the need arises. What is there in man that writes? What is there in the Soul of man that pushes itself out into manifestation or expression? What is the nature of this infinite source of all knowledge that pours itself through the fingers of men? Is there nothing of this to be known but that it is; that it does force itself into the minds of men and thus gives the world new beauties of thought, new facets of life, new ideals to live up to? The intelligent nature of this fount of all inspiration indicates a definite plan in the progression with which ideas reveal themselves to individual thought. The capacity of man to receive is the measure of his capacity to give, to unfold, reveal, or to write. The creative urge is but the ability to listen to the "still, small voice" of eternal mind, and this "listening" brings forth, likewise, the power of expression. The loveliness of thought unfolded to the world in the writings of the immortals is but the revelation of the harmonies of heaven sent to the hearts of men to lighten the path of human existence. Again, the capacity of men to understand and to appreciate these gems of brilliant thought is the measure of their joy and prosperity in the midst of the mental poverty and earthly sorrow of mortals. "Silver and gold have I none," says the consciousness of perfect being, "but the ideals of eternity I make practical for you in the harmony of your being, therefore, take up that bed of physical and moral infirmity and walk in health of mind and body." "Receive these truths and be free of ignorance, fear and woe," is the invitation of the masters of inspiration.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 16, Within-ness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 55K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: The New Horizon
- THE NEW HORIZON THE SENSE which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which produces the entire dream of human existence. It must be understood that there is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. It must be realized that the entire human scene is mesmeric suggestion, and we must rise above the desire for even good human conditions. Understand fully that suggestion, belief, or hypnotism is the substance, or fabric, of the whole mortal universe and that human conditions of both good and evil are dream pictures having no reality or permanence. Be willing for the harmonious as well as the inharmonious conditions of mortal existence to disappear from your experience in order that reality may be known and enjoyed and lived. Above this sense-life, there is a universe of Spirit governed by Love, peopled with children of God living in the household or temple of Truth. This world is real and permanent: Its substance is eternal Consciousness. In it there is no awareness of discords or even of temporary and material good. The first glimpse of Reality - of the Soul-realm - comes with the recognition and realization of the fact that all temporal conditions and experiences are products of self-hypnotism. With the realization that the entire human scene - its good as well as its evil - is illusion, come the first glimpse and taste of the world of God's creation and of the sons of God who inhabit the spiritual kingdom. Now, in this moment of uplifted consciousness, we are able, even though faintly, to see ourselves free of material, mortal, human, and legal laws. We behold ourselves separate and apart from the bondage of sense, and in a measure we glimpse the unlimited boundaries of eternal Life and of infinite Consciousness. The fetters of finite existence begin to fall away; the price tags begin to disappear. We no longer dwell in thought on human happiness or prosperity, nor is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...finite Way_ The New Horizon.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 77K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 14, A Word to the Wise
- ~ 14 ~ A WORD TO THE WISE ALL ERROR IS HYPNOTISM claiming to operate as your own thinking. As soon as you realize the error is not your thinking or that of your patient, you separate yourself from the suggestion and you become free. The act of recognizing the error-regardless of its form-as universal hypnotism or mesmeric suggestion claiming to act as your own thought or thinking, is the release. Only while the error is unrecognized as suggestion or imposed hypnotism, do you remain in the sin, disease or lack. Every claim of the body governing or controlling you, every belief of limitation, every appearance of sin or disease, lack or death, is but hypnotism claiming to act as your thinking. The realization of this truth is your remedy. Every claim or suggestion of mortality, even good mortality, must be handled in this way. These human appearances when seen as the activity of mesmerism must now be traced back to the one mind and understood as the finite sense of mind-life and mind's formation. This reversal of the picture and reinterpretation completes the treatment and reveals divine harmony where error seemed to be. To be a practitioner or teacher, you must in some measure have been released from this universal hypnotism so that you stand in back of this world as it were, and "see" with the un-hypnotized mind which is God. In this illumined consciousness it is evident that mesmerism, seen and recognized, is not power; it never was real power, but operated as both presence and power until detected and cast out through the realization of the Self as the all-power. Remember that hypnotism always appears as person, thing, or condition, circumstance or place. The wise practitioner is always able to see behind the false, finite appearance because he is beholding with the unfettered mind which is God. This is summed up for us in The Infinite Way, as follows: "The sense which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 14, A Word to the Wise.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 21, Business
- ~ 21 ~ BUSINESS This is a word on business: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," 1 and the truth that you must know is that you are already free. All business is God's business regardless of its nature. The only food there is, is the "bread of life" which God alone serves; the only water is the "water of life" which freely flows from God to man, and the wine of inspiration which has its fount in heaven. God supplies all these to his children (receptive thoughts), that he may be fully expressed. Drop the weight of responsibility from your shoulders. "Stand ye still" and let love provide the customers, the volume, and the profits. Allow no thought of competition to enter. You are not dependent on material conditions for your business. The lie of mortal mind is that you are dependent on weather, prosperity, surroundings, or no competition for your success. On the contrary, these are human thoughts and they are the weights which must be put aside. We are told to "lay aside every weight . . . which doth so easily beset us." 2 Prepare thought for the day's business and mentally invite the world. Know that love fills all space, that every corner of your world is filled with divine ideas that express joy, gratitude, and love. Keep thought away from transactions. Just hold to the truth that Christ has invited all to "come unto me"-be served of him. Do not give or receive "treatments" for the success of business, but know constantly that divine intelligence is continually expressing itself in your business; that divine love is eternally being manifested in it; that mind produces all the needed activity; that love supplies the currency; that principle is forever expressing itself in harmonious, active, and complete business. Let no thought of conditions, weather, competition, enter to mar your faith and trust in the fact that truth is now expressed as your business. As a matter of fact, truth is your only business, the embodiment of harmony, complete ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 21, Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 89K
Find Similar Documents