Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1957, Resurrection
- CHAPTER FOUR: APRIL Resurrection IT is said in Scripture that the last enemy that shall be overcome is death. The Master, Christ Jesus, proved this statement by raising the dead. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth . . . wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 1 With such scriptural authority, you should realize that death need be no part of anyone's experience. Acceptance of a process which culminates in passing on is but the acceptance of a universal belief so tenacious that, according to the Master, it is the last enemy that will be overcome. That is probably true. It may take many, many generations before we come to that place in consciousness where we can say with assurance: I need not die. I, my true identity, my God-identity, can raise up this temple every three years, every three days, every three months. I am continuously renewing this body. I, the Christ of God, the reality of man, am forever about the Father's business of sloughing off, rebirthing, renewing, restoring, and resurrecting this vehicle for my expression. That I, the Christ, can never be revealed to mortal or material consciousness, but our realization of the Christ uplifts consciousness, until it is so spiritualized that it can behold the inner vision of eternality and immortality here and now. Let us go back through the years to the resurrection of the Master. Why did only about five hundred people witness the risen Jesus? There were multitudes at the Crucifixion, but only about five hundred witnessed the bodily Resurrection. Why? When Jesus stepped out of the tomb, he walked out of it in the same form in which you and I will walk out of our tombs when, to human sense, we seem to pass on. Not one of us will ever remain in a tomb longer than three days, and most of us will never find ourselves in a tomb. We shall have arisen before the burial takes place. But only those with spiritual vision will be able to witness our resurrection. You will be well on the road to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ April 1957, Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- An Idea Whose Time Has Come Truth received and embodied in consciousness eventually becomes known throughout the world without any human effort or human striving. By abiding with truth within oneself, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as you might like to have it happen, but you must learn that in the realm of truth "a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past," 1 and one day as a thousand years. There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made. Then suddenly more progress is made in one day than in the preceding thousand years. An Idea in Consciousness Must Manifest Itself The process of consciousness coming into expression in changing and better forms is a painfully slow one, and in religion the world has been more backward than in almost any other area of human experience. Until after the middle of the nineteenth century, religion in the Western World was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest bit of light. But in the middle of the nineteenth century, some of the Oriental Scriptures were translated into English and German and later into French, although it was in England and in Germany that they took root and the first spiritual light began to dawn. Then, in the United States, there was the period of the Transcendentalists in New England and the founding of Christian Science and Unity. All these were the light casting its shadow into visibility and prophesying things to come. "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come," 2 and the idea of freedom, liberty, justice, and equality is an idea whose time has come in this age. Colonialism, the holding in bondage of one people over another, has to go. Nothing today can stop the breaking down of racial, religious, and nationalistic prejudice. Unfortunately, the world, not knowing how to achieve this by spiritual means, has had recourse only to the human means of force. To go out ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 153K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 13, Individual Consciousness
- ~ 13 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS The principle of life, which we all must learn, is that we cannot have anything until we first have the consciousness of that thing. If we were given a million dollars, we probably could not hold on to it, unless, in some way, we had developed the consciousness of a million dollars. That is one of the reasons why fortunes are lost. Those who inherit fortunes, even some of the people who earn them, cannot keep them, because if there is not a consciousness of wealth behind the inheritance or the amassing of a fortune, it will be dissipated, sooner or later, in one way or another. The same principle applies to every situation. In order to have a beautiful home, it is necessary to have the consciousness of a beautiful home. Without that, a home would be only a house, and either its owner might or might not decorate and furnish it in good taste, or it might be furnished by someone else in conformity with the prevailing fashion of the day. The principle of life-the principle of life-is consciousness. We must have the consciousness of a thing in order to have the thing itself. The first step in this work is attaining the conscious awareness of the presence of God. There are many ways of doing this. One method is outlined in The Infinite Way in the chapter on "Meditation," in which, upon awakening in the morning, you fill yourself with the consciousness of truth, with the realization of God's presence. Then, throughout the day, you should continue to recognize and realize the presence and the allness of God. Whether you are receiving or disbursing money, whether you are eating or drinking, always recognize God as the source. Acknowledge God, acknowledge Christ as the reality of your being. If you persist in that throughout the day and evening, even if for only brief periods, you will find that within a short time, your thought will become so spiritualized that your outer experience will be transformed. The statement, "I live; yet not I, but ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 128K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 10, The Invisible Meat Unknown to the World
- ... Sharing the Infinity Within Many people fail to be helped through spiritual means because while looking to the Spirit they are at the same time a house divided against themselves, seeking their good in material ways and thinking that God is just going to help along a little bit. It is not much different from the orthodox believers who pray to God for their health and then hire half a dozen doctors to help God along. As fast as possible, we must give up resorting to material means, whether it is borrowing money, begging for it, or just expecting that because someone close to us has it that he owes it to us or should give or share it with us. We must die to our materialistic sense as rapidly as possible and lean more and more heavily on the truth that we are joint-heirs with God. Since each one of us has the same inheritance, each of us can look to his source, but this can be only if we have brought God down from heaven and placed Him in the midst of us, realizing that we can open out a way to release the infinity within by beginning to share: share our prayers, share our forgiveness, share our love, share our possessions, share anything; draw out from within; and the greater the lack seems to be, pour out that much more. Suggestion Fails Because an Immunity Is Built Up In metaphysics where mental treatments are used, there is another reason for delayed healings and sometimes failure to heal. In the beginning, metaphysical work was on a mental plane; none of it was spiritual. It is sad to think that in the early days words like "God" and "Christ" were used in their literature, when what those metaphysicians were talking about was their own mind and thoughts. They honestly believed that their mind was God and that thought was power. That error of floundering around, believing that the mind was God and that thought is power cost the world seventy-five years of spiritual unfoldment. In those days, even though the words "God," "Christ," "Spirit," and "prayer," were used, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meat Unknown to the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 6, Mind Imbued with Truth
- ~ 6 ~ MIND IMBUED WITH TRUTH Mind is an instrument of awareness. Through the mind we can know and become aware of people, things, and ideas. With the mind we reason; with the mind we think. A human being can gain control of his mind if he is willing to study and practice to attain this mastery; and he can use his mind for a reasoning, a thinking, or a contemplative purpose. But it is the human being who is using his mind, and therefore, that mind must be an instrument or an effect: it cannot be a cause. There is an I behind the mind. There is an I who thinks through the mind and reasons with the mind. In other words, there is an I who uses the mind. Therefore, that I is greater than the mind. Through the instrumentality of the mind, we can think good thoughts or bad thoughts; we can perpetrate good deeds or bad deeds. Mind can be aware of good or of evil. If the mind is the creator of thought, however, and can create good thoughts as well as evil thoughts, then God certainly is not mind. How could mind be God if mind can be the instrument both of good and of evil? God is too pure to behold iniquity; God is light; in Him is no darkness at all; and when we penetrate beyond mind, we are in the realm of neither good nor evil: we are in the realm of pure Being. To have received illumination in any degree is to have revealed within our own being the truth that God is good-not good and evil: good! God is love-not love and hate, just love! God is life-not life and death, just life! God is one, and there is no duality in God, nor are there any pairs of opposites in Him. Once illumination is attained, we are living beyond the pairs of opposites in a consciousness of neither good nor evil. In that state of consciousness, we cannot be good and we cannot be evil: we can just be. The sun cannot be good or evil: it can just shine. If we are out in the sun for the proper length of time, the effect on us is good, but if we are out in it too long and get a severe sunburn, the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 9, The Consciousness of the Individual
- ... All Men Are Brothers In order to make the life of God as the life of individual being demonstrable in your experience, you must go the second step of realizing that since this is true of you, it is true of all men. There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither white nor black; there is neither Oriental nor Occidental, for we are all one in our spiritual identity. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father which is in heaven." 6 That makes all of us brothers and sisters, members of one family, of one household. This is the truth whether the men and women of the world know it or not. The Master says, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 7 Now watch how it operates. When you are in any group of people, without any sense of self-righteousness, of being holier, better, or more valuable to God than the others, realize that there is but one Father, and you are all brethren. There are no barriers in that relationship, and then you can look upon any other person without judgment, criticism, or condemnation. Even if you are aware of sin, it would be with forgiveness. And what would happen to the other person? Would he not feel your lack of judgment? When a person sets himself up as better, holier, more righteous, more moral, or more honest than you, then a barrier would go up within you of defense, protecting yourself from whoever it is that is sitting in judgment on you. If a person in any walk of life has designs on you, on your money, or in any way looks to you for something that is certainly not his right or due, that sets up a mental wall in you, and you automatically begin to protect yourself. The best illustration that I can give is that a person who has been trained to be a buyer of any kind of merchandise can practically smell a salesman coming along and up goes that wall of defense, with the immediate response, "No, I don't need anything." It is an automatic response, even if in the next minute that buyer may say, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ciousness of the Individual.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1957, The Christ - The Presence in You
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Christ, The Presence in You THERE is a Presence and a Power which is always available to us, but it can only be realized in secrecy and in silence. Secrecy is one of the most profound truths revealed in the Master's teaching: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.1 Secrecy is an important principle of The Infinite Way and forms a vital part of its message. Those who have taken this teaching seriously and have followed it have benefited beyond words. There are others who have received the teaching, but who have not understood it. In their inability to perceive its significance, they have not obeyed it, and therefore, have not benefited from it. No teaching is of real value as long as it remains an abstraction; it must find expression in our daily life. Every principle of The Infinite Way should be related to our experience and then lived as our experience. Let us take, as an example, this principle of secrecy enunciated by the Master and see how it can be applied to our everyday relationships. If I perform some good and generous act and if my friends hear about it, they will, in all probability, praise me, thank me, and speak well of me. My ego may be considerably inflated by their acknowledgment and recognition of my good deed. On the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hrist - The Presence in You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 156K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter X, Ye Have Heard It Said of Old
- CHAPTER X YE HAVE HEARD IT SAID OF OLD At any moment of our experience-it makes no difference whether we are nine, nineteen, or ninety-we can begin the return to the Father's house. But let us not believe that we can return to that Edenic state by continuing to be the same persons we were yesterday with all our human virtues and failings, vacillating constantly between good and evil. Our human virtues will not gain us entry into Eden any more than will our human failings. We have to lose both human failings and human virtues and take on the mantle of the Christ by rising above the mental creation of the second chapter of Genesis which has chained us to the law of good and evil. "The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Christ Jesus." For hundreds of years before Moses, the Hebrews had been living in a state of slavery with little or no opportunity to make advances in education, culture, religion, art, or the sciences; and under such circumstances it is not surprising that they were living without any greatly developed moral sense. To these people, Moses presented a higher way of life, the backbone of which was the Ten Commandments. If those commandments were obeyed, a person was considered as fine a type of citizen as could be expected, and moreover, if in addition to that he also obeyed the dietetic laws and a few other customs, he merited the title of a good Hebrew. If the law were disobeyed, all the offender could expect was to be stoned or excommunicated. Little or no concept of love was embraced in this teaching. It was strictly a teaching of moral and ethical laws. A moral or ethical sense, high as it may be, however, is only a step on the way to spiritual consciousness. While a person may live in absolute obedience to the Ten Commandments he may still be eons away from the spiritual life because the true spiritual life is a living above the pairs of opposites. When Jesus came, he taught a way of life which was not primarily concerned with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Have Heard It Said of Old.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 27, 1963, Pure Consciousness
- PURE CONSCIOUSNESS January 27, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US TALK A LITTLE BIT TODAY about consciousness. Consciousness is the most important word in the entire Infinite Way vocabulary. Nothing you can think of can ever take the place of the word consciousness. In our human existence we are states and stages of consciousness or degrees of consciousness. In its pure state consciousness is God, and in its pure state it constitutes our being. The moment we are conceived humanly, the consciousness we are begins to receive conditioning. The worst thing happens from the moment we are born, for we are then conditioned by all that parents think. What fears parents entertain and what hopes they entertain are transferred to the child. Then the child gets into school and is conditioned by school teachers, schoolmates, parents of schoolmates-picking up more conditioning. By the time the child gets out into the world it is convinced of ninety percent of things that are untrue. Then, out in the world, it adds to its own conditioning. From the moment we touch a metaphysical teaching, we begin to condition ourselves along other lines. Suppose it registered in our consciousness when we read, "Call no man your father on the earth: for there is but one, the Father in heaven." 1 If you pondered it and the principle ever registered, you would look around you and say, "Oh, then there is only one Creator and we are all children of that One. Then we are all equal in the sight of God." That alone would wipe out of an individual his prejudices and early conditioning. On this point you have a new consciousness. You have died to the state of consciousness which had biases and prejudices and have become one with your fellow man universally. On this one point you have become a new man. Eventually you would come to another extension of that same idea and could say, "If this is true, we derive our qualities, our inheritances, from that One." Let me give you a quotation from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, 1963, Pure Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 87K
Find Similar Documents