God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 10, Call No Man Your Father Upon the Earth
- ... You have merely accepted that God from someone's teaching, and now that you have put yourself under that God, you sit around waiting for your rewards, which somehow do not come in this world, and you wait for your punishments, and they seem to come twice a day. But then you are more expectant of the punishment than you are of the rewards. Those are images you have made in your mind. You subject yourself to all kinds of man-made laws, but when you remove yourself from man-made laws and bring yourself under Grace, you then understand what the Master meant when he said, "If any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also," 12 meaning that if someone takes your diamonds, give him your rubies, too. In other words, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," 13 and it is yours by Grace. If someone is ignorant of that and takes what belongs to you, do not fear, it will be replaced because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," and it all belongs to you. Once you give up the protection of man-made law, you come under Grace. Once you give up the law of an-eye-for-an-eye and a-tooth-for-a-tooth, you come under the Grace of forgiveness, but this comes only as a transition in consciousness. You are under the law as long as you are holding somebody else to that law. When you bind another, you have bound yourself; when you free another, you have freed yourself. Consider how many man-made laws you have accepted for yourself and for others. Do not wonder that you are under the law and do not think that you can come under Grace while holding somebody else in bondage to the law. You are under Grace when you free all persons from being under the law, holding no one in bondage but acknowledging your Christhood and theirs. A Life of Grace Has No Needs "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." 14 God is your Father; therefore you are the Christ, the son of God. Tell me, what is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Your Father Upon the Earth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 8, Mind Imbued with Truth
- Chapter Eight Mind Imbued with Truth All spiritual healing depends on the degree of evolved or developed spiritual consciousness that a person has attained. To the medical way of thinking, a man or woman is a physical body, and a physician may go further and acknowledge that the mind has something to do with the body. The general conclusion is that if a person has the right mental attitude along with some medicine, he is going to be made well, which is correct from a materia medica point of view. On the material and mental level of life there must be specific remedies for the discords of sense. When you present yourself to a practitioner, however, he does not examine your mind or your body. Why? He has arrived at a state of evolved and developed consciousness that enables him to see you as you really are: spiritual. And not only are you spiritual but the entire universe, including your body, is spiritual. Because of the practitioner's evolved spiritual consciousness and your making yourself one with it, you respond to that higher consciousness and are lifted above the five physical senses. The Son of God, the Christ, is raised up in you. Material sense drops away, and with it the false images of physical sense which we call disease, unhappiness, or lack. Evolved Spiritual Consciousness Discerns True Being To the evolved and developed spiritual consciousness, you are not seen as a human being made up partly of good and partly of evil, partly of mind and partly of matter. This is because the evolved spiritual consciousness is not looking at your body; it is not looking at your mind: it is communing with you; it knows you as the child of God. Wherever there is an evolved spiritual awareness, there is a discernment of your true being, your true nature, and it is for this reason that healing at the spiritual level is without effort. No suggestions are thrown at you for the purpose of convincing you or changing your state of mind. Spiritual consciousness does not take you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 8, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1957, Tithing with Melchisedeo
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Tithing with Melchisedec THE scriptural record of the birth of Christ Jesus is the account of a little child, born to a very insignificant couple with no status in the world, a Jewish carpenter and his wife, who are on their way to Jerusalem to bring tithes for the annual celebration at the temple. If you read this story with the eyes of the world, you will miss its real importance. Here are two obscure and unknown people to whom a child is born, and yet instantly something unusual takes place: Wise men come to pay homage to that child, and they come bringing their choicest gifts. From every direction, people come, all of them bringing gifts in recognition of That to which they are paying homage. Neither Mary nor Joseph made any effort to attract such attention to themselves, and certainly the baby could do nothing but lie there, perhaps crying a little and sleeping a great deal more. Yet, without a single effort, people came from near and far to bring their offerings, their worship, and their adoration. No infant of itself is of such importance as to attract that amount of attention. Usually only parents, grandparents, brothers, or sisters are drawn to an infant. Then what was it that drew unto this particular baby the wise men and worshippers from great distances except that which this babe represented? Something was present in this child and that Something was the Christ. It was not the child, itself, which brought such adoration to it, but the Christ of which this child was the embodiment. There is a Presence and a Power which human beings can never explain and which human beings can never see. Only wise men, those of an illumined state of consciousness, can perceive spiritual entity embodied in a little child. Only those gifted with spiritual wisdom could know or be drawn to that spiritual light. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled. . . . And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, Tithing with Melchisedeo.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 152K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1958, Break The Fetters That Bind You
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Break the Fetters that Bind You MANY of the difficulties and struggles in our experience come because we are living on different planes of consciousness, sometimes on one and sometimes on another, and often these planes are in conflict one with another. On one plane we are physical beings with minds, the body being the dominant factor; on another plane we are mental beings with bodies, that is, we are a mind and a body, and the body is governed by the mind. It may be governed by a conscious activity of mind or it may be by an involuntary activity of mind. In recent months, there have been many accounts in magazines and newspapers of the experiments which have been conducted in the area of subliminal perception through the medium of television and the motion picture. In the first experiments, which were held inside a moving picture theatre, the audience was instructed to go into the lobby during the intermission to buy popcorn and coca cola. Even though they did not know such a suggestion had been given to them, because the slide had been flashed across the screen so rapidly that it was invisible to the eyes and, therefore, did not register consciously in the mind, the majority of those in the theatre were impelled to obey this suggestion. Whether or not they wanted the popcorn or coca cola made no difference. The impulsion was so strong that they felt compelled to go out and buy it, giving their good money for something they may not have wanted and otherwise would not have bought. It was not necessary for them to be aware of the suggestion, to see or to hear it, and there was no knowledge that it was even being made. If a person is not alert, he will obey such subtly given instructions because this technique is not aimed at the conscious mind; it is aimed at the subconscious. These experiments show the extent to which the body obeys the dictates of the mind. On the human level of consciousness, that is exactly what happens. The body is subject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...k The Fetters That Bind You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Peace
- Peace Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, but they travel ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 4, Error
- ~ 4 ~ ERROR Our conscious oneness with God constitutes our oneness with all spiritual being and idea. Meditation should result in the consciousness of the presence of God. This conscious awareness of the presence of God is the foundation of our entire experience. Since God is infinite good, our being consciously one with God means that we are consciously one with infinite good. Then we do not have to try to get at- one with a good home, a good automobile, a good wife, a good friend, a good book, or a good teacher; we only have to realize at-one-ment with God, and God appears to us: God becomes visible and manifest to us as the good home, the good wife, the good automobile, or the good anything else that may be our need at the moment. When we try to help ourselves or others through spiritual realization, it is the Christ that does the work; it is the Christ that dispels the illusion; it is the Christ that operates as healer, reformer, supplier. But what is the Christ? The Christ is our individual consciousness when that consciousness has been released from its fear, hate, or love of error. Now let us put that into practical, usable form. Let us assume that there is a shadow on the wall. As we look at it, we can see that it is a shadow, and of course we do not hate it, or fear it, or love it. If I thought that that shadow were some kind of an evil presence, I might very well hate it or fear it; and if I thought it was a person, I might love it. Knowing it as shadow, however, I can neither hate, nor fear, nor love it: I look on it with complete indifference, knowing that its only existence is as shadow-virtually nothingness, without substance. When I am called upon for help and recognize that the problem, whether physical, mental, moral, or financial, has no more substance than that shadow-that it is not power, it is not presence, it is not reality-that attitude is what determines my healing ability. That constitutes my degree of Christhood. When I can face any form of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Speaks_ Chapter 4, Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Seven, Impersonalizing Error
- CHAPTER SEVEN IMPERSONALIZING ERROR There have been hundreds of mystics in the history of the world who have been lifted so high in consciousness that they have realized I, and yet many of them were never able to round out a happy, healthy, or successful life, nor did they ever raise up a body of students capable of revealing to the world the divine harmony that is here for everyone. Why was this? Why, when they had reached such great heights, were they still plagued with the discords of this world? The reason is that they never grasped the importance and significance of the nature of error. Without an understanding of the nature of error, this world is not going to be any different in the next generation than it has been in this one. We all know that there have been many revelations of I, but we also know that these revelations have not saved the world. The revelation of the nature of error in combination with the revelation of I, however, can and will. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NONPOWER OF EFFECT IS ESSENTIAL It is true that the nature of error was taught in some degree in the early years of metaphysical teaching and healing, but the real significance of the principle of the nothingness and nonpower of disease was not understood. It was believed that mind, which was made synonymous with God, was the power that healed the disease - in short, that God was the power that removed it. However, if you accept the truth that God is omnipotent, you most logically follow that with, "Well, then, nothing but God is power." That must mean the powerlessness of anything and everything that is appearing to you as power, whether it is person, thing, circumstance, or condition. You can then look at it objectively and realize how impossible it would be for it to be a power or have a power, if God is omnipresent and omnipotent, the only presence and the only power. The more aware you become of the nature of God as omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, the more aware you become of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...even, Impersonalizing Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 107K
Find Similar Documents