Consciousness Transformed: April 7, 1963, Healing: To Know God Aright
- HEALING: TO KNOW GOD ARIGHT April 7, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii RELIGION IS A THING of the heart, and yet without some specific knowledge that is an activity of the mind, it is impossible to complete the religious life. The religious life has nothing to do with the church. Sometimes it may be found in a church, but a church is not necessary for religion because there are religious people in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart moves them toward it. That is why it is impossible to give anyone religion or a religious instinct. This is something that takes place within an individual at a certain period of his or her "ripeness." Sometimes in the Orient people use that very word "ripeness," or they speak of an individual being ripe or not ripe, and always it means the same thing-ready for the spiritual experience. Some can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill themselves, unless somewhere along the line certain aspects of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, which make it possible to attain illumination, attain fulfillment, attain that "peace that passeth understanding." One of these principles or facets you will quickly recognize. It is impossible to attain inner peace as long as you think of God as something separate and apart from yourself. Even if you have God "close to you" or "near you" or "caring for you," you still have missed the mark because God is the Self of you, your very own inner being, your very consciousness. Until you come into that awareness, there will always be an uncertainty or doubt, an incomplete relaxing in God. In the same way, you can never attain God realization while God remains a power, while you are looking to God to do something to someone or something. No, you cannot then be in God and at-one with God because there is no such God. That false image of God would always be a barrier. In The Infinite Way you will find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Healing_ To Know God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 2, Rising into Spiritual Consciousness
- CHAPTER 2 RISING INTO SPIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS In our work we do not ask for loyal followers. Certainly I do not want any personal followers, and I am sure that those who get anywhere in this work will never want personal followers. Our only desire must be to share with others whatever God-given Grace we have so that they can find God too. But no one will ever find God by merely following a particular teaching and obeying its rules and regulations. You find God through the study of the letter of Truth combined with meditation, prayer, and a very humble desire to know God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." There have been Catholic mystics, Protestant mystics, Christian Science mystics, Unity mystics, and New Thought mystics who knew God aright. In any one of their teachings, there is enough Truth and light to lead you to the Kingdom of God although there are many errors in them. It makes no difference whether you are an Infinite Way student, a Christian Scientist, or some other. You will achieve results even if you are following a teaching that is not entirely correct in its statements of Truth as long as you are not merely concerned about glorifying the teaching. Any teaching must be considered only as an aid in your search for the light of revelation. Do not follow a teaching just to be thought of as some kind of loyal follower of the teaching or of the teacher. All you have to be concerned with is knowing God aright and with your relationship with God, and staying with it through the trials and tribulations until it brings you to the spiritual experience of knowing God. When that experience takes place, you will lose all anxiety and fear for yourself. Fear and responsibility will drop away. Your supply will begin to flow without your taking thought for your life. You will no longer have to support yourself by physical or mental means. You will know that you are the same infinite spiritual being that you now are no matter whether you are sick or well, or dead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nto Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 15, 1964, Impersonalization and Silence
- IMPERSONALIZATION AND SILENCE March 15, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii REMEMBERING THE SERIES that we concluded before we left on the trip to California, when you enter meditation and close your eyes to this world, remember that you are now in the corridor-or at least you are behind the door that opens to infinity. Through your consciousness you have access to the spiritual infinity of God, the kingdom of God, the realm of God, the world of God, the activity of God, the substance and the law of God. All of this is within you and yet the Master says "I stand at the door and knock." 1 I, the infinity, the kingdom, the realm, the world, the activity, thence, the law of God am closer to you than breathing, awaiting your invitation to enter-not to enter from outside because the kingdom of God is already within you, but to go from the center of you to the circumference-from the inner to the outer. This active meditation is really the opening of an inner door. In Los Angeles we started off with the dedication of a new study center, the one that has been opened by Mrs. Muhl. It is small, seats about forty students, is beautifully furnished, and will give an atmosphere for those out in the valley. California is certainly thriving; we had close to five hundred students in the Los Angeles class and close to four hundred in San Francisco. World work gets a great deal of attention in California, but you can see that world work is only going to produce fruitage as students can rise above their personal convictions. This presents a problem because we must in no wise lose our convictions. In other words it would be wrong to lose our convictions of what we believe to be right politically, economically, commercially, and internationally. When you come to world work you have to be in a position of being able to completely put those aside, first by acknowledging that no matter how much you are convinced that you are right, perhaps you are wrong. Let me illustrate: In my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...personalization and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 105K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 1, The Need for Religion
- ... On the other hand, the person who is gross, who has never lived very close to God or thought much about God can go on for a long time storing up karma. When it reaches a certain level, however, even he gets clipped, because he is not violating a God, he is violating his God, the God at the center of his being. An Inner Cleansing Is Necessary for Forgiveness When we take the Master's teaching seriously, we realize that we cannot merely go to church on Sunday and because of that receive absolution. No minister, priest, or rabbi can absolve ... There cannot be a God that would injure, destroy, or withhold. Such a God would not be God. God is love, and what makes us believe in Christianity is the life the Master lived and the work he did. He said that his work was "to do the will of him that sent"9 him. In that will there is no withholding, no lack of forgiveness, no excommunication. Nothing like that! The sinner is just as much welcomed as the saint, because the sinner has come to be made a saint. Jesus came to heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel, and feed the ... The Consciousness of No Judgment Brings Peace Once we have experienced God we can never again judge, criticize, or condemn a person for anything he does. " 'Father, forgive them: for they know not what they do.'12 If they only knew, they would live by Grace instead of by theft, but we will teach it to them, that is, we will teach it to those who are willing." We cannot benefit anyone when we criticize, judge, condemn, or sit in judgment. The Master's whole ministry was one of love and forgiveness. It was not that he was so loving: it was because he was performing the ministry of his Father. And that is the mission given to us: not to sit in judgment, criticism, or condemnation, but to forgive, not caring what a person does tomorrow. If he wants to sin tomorrow and be punished again, that is his business, but this day he has come to us and received forgiveness. That is our mission and function. Prayer ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Message for the Ages Chap1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-27 20:20:56- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 8, God Realized
- I Chapter Eight God Realized n meditation God reveals Itself to us and, in revealing Itself, It becomes the presence and power that takes over and governs our experience. If we think of going into meditation believing that it is going to overcome some problem or remove some obstacle, we defeat our purpose and prevent its activity. The reason we stress the nature of error is to remind ourselves that we are not seeking the realization of God for the purpose of overcoming error but, with an understanding that error has no power, we are turning within only for God-realization, and not for any purpose, that is, not to achieve anything. The only achievement is God- realization itself. To have a thought beyond that is to jeopardize our success. We do not go to God to get something as if God were withholding it and as if our going would persuade Him to loosen up. We go to God only for the experience of communion, to sit in the presence of God, to feel the hand of God, and to be touched with the Spirit by the grace of God. That is enough, and when that happens, the discords of human experience begin to fade. The Nature of Gratitude It is right for us to enjoy spiritual grace translated into terms of human harmony and peace, but we cannot gain them by going to God solely for that purpose. Students will often feel a greater sense of gratitude for the healing of some so-called serious problem than they will for the healing of some minor thing. In our work that is rank error because it does not lie within our power to heal a headache or a cancer. But a realization of the presence of God reveals harmony where there was discord. Therefore, what we achieve for those who turn to us for help is the realization of God's presence, and whether it removes a headache or a cancer is incidental. It will do whatever is necessary, and sometimes far more than we could ever dream about. It is more far reaching than the immediate object we may have in mind. To express gratitude in a different ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...om_ Chapter 8, God Realized.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 11, Supply and Secrecy
- ... As we travel the spiritual path, we learn that we do not have health or abundance because of any virtue of our own. When we see good and virtuous men and women suffering from either disease or lack, and on the other hand, rascals by the hundreds abounding in health and supply, it is very difficult to accept the doctrine of a God of reward and punishment. My many years on this path have demonstrated to my satisfaction that our supply is in direct proportion to our receptivity, that is, to the degree of gratitude that we express in the form of bread placed upon the waters as benevolence, forgiveness, or praying for our enemies because then we are expressing spiritual principles. There are persons who give away great fortunes, some, it is true, with no ulterior motive, but many who are not giving in accordance with spiritual principles because they are primarily influenced by personal considerations in their giving. It is the motive that is important, not the amount. It is impossible to ... Too often, people want to share the truth they have with others; they see them in distress and feel that what they have could be so important to those they want to help that they try to rush out and tell them about it, but when they are so tempted, they should remember this teaching of secrecy, remember that they may gain a neighbor's good will, but they will also forfeit divine Grace. Keep truth within yourself until it comes to fruition. Give forth the fruitage of truth, but do not give forth the truth you know. Give forth the fruitage in the form of forgiveness, prayers, tithing. All these things may be done, but keep the secret of it within you until you do know that it is so clearly established in you that you can share it freely and liberally without fear of losing it. Practice these principles, lock them up within you, ponder them, meditate upon them until they bring forth fruit after their own kind, and then you will really be grateful for this lesson and reap a rich harvest: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Supply and Secrecy.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 138K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 11, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 11 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN As you work and study and above all, as you meditate, you will find that the answers to most of the questions that may arise in your mind will be revealed to you in meditation. Entirely different from the knowledge gained through books is that which comes through unfoldment or revelation. A person to whom some spiritual truth has been revealed may be said to know that specific truth, at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment, but when he attempts to tell anyone else about it, it lacks the authority of first-hand revelation, unless it is imparted by an illumined consciousness, in which case it carries conviction. It is possibly not too broad a statement to say that the majority of the people of the world know practically nothing about the meaning of such apparent intangibles as God, Christ, Truth, Light, or Grace. The little that can be found in dictionaries and reference books is for the most part merely a faint tracing of a tremendously deep subject. Let us assume that we know little or nothing about the Christ. We do know this much, however, that the Christ is not a man; we know that the Christ is not a historical figure. We know that the Christ was not born at a particular time, in a particular country, or of a particular religion. We know that "before Abraham was, I am." 1 Before Abraham, the Christ is. Even unto the end of the world, the Christ is. The Christ is not a person, but rather a presence. But if anyone tried to heal somebody by means of that explanation he would very likely fail because such knowledge of the Christ would be merely in the realm of the intellect. Too much of truth is intellectually known; too little has been realized, and that is the reason for so many failures in healing. Our metaphysical study has convinced many of us intellectually that this is a spiritual universe and that all physical structure-good or bad, healthful or sick-is but an illusory sense of the ever-present harmonious reality. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 11, Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 138K
Find Similar Documents