The Government of Eden: A Call For Commitment
- A Call for Commitment C ITIZENS OF THE United States have the oppor- tunity and privilege of voting for their choice for the next president of the United States, a privilege they have had for so long that many have taken it lightly and have failed to avail themselves of this opportunity. Let us accept this opportunity as a solemn commitment and enter into it prayerfully, seeking inner guidance and knowing the spiritual identity, not only of the candidates but of every voter, that each one may be an instrument for the divine government. Let us, in this moment of meditation, realize government by God, government by the activity of the Christ in human consciousness, government administered by the inspired thought of men and women dedicated to the principles on which this nation was founded. Joel S. Goldsmith
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Government of Eden_A call.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 24K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 16, Within-ness
- ~ 16 ~ WITHIN-NESS Are you in the mood to write? Yes? Then, the inspiration will be provided for you, because there is inherent in the human consciousness that which serves when the need arises. What is there in man that writes? What is there in the Soul of man that pushes itself out into manifestation or expression? What is the nature of this infinite source of all knowledge that pours itself through the fingers of men? Is there nothing of this to be known but that it is; that it does force itself into the minds of men and thus gives the world new beauties of thought, new facets of life, new ideals to live up to? The intelligent nature of this fount of all inspiration indicates a definite plan in the progression with which ideas reveal themselves to individual thought. The capacity of man to receive is the measure of his capacity to give, to unfold, reveal, or to write. The creative urge is but the ability to listen to the "still, small voice" of eternal mind, and this "listening" brings forth, likewise, the power of expression. The loveliness of thought unfolded to the world in the writings of the immortals is but the revelation of the harmonies of heaven sent to the hearts of men to lighten the path of human existence. Again, the capacity of men to understand and to appreciate these gems of brilliant thought is the measure of their joy and prosperity in the midst of the mental poverty and earthly sorrow of mortals. "Silver and gold have I none," says the consciousness of perfect being, "but the ideals of eternity I make practical for you in the harmony of your being, therefore, take up that bed of physical and moral infirmity and walk in health of mind and body." "Receive these truths and be free of ignorance, fear and woe," is the invitation of the masters of inspiration.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 16, Within-ness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 55K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 5, The Spiritual Bond
- ~ 5 ~ THE SPIRITUAL BOND Between God and His creation there exists only a relationship of love, a love that truly binds, a love that unites God and man in an eternal relationship of oneness. When a man and a woman acknowledge the inseparable and indivisible bond of oneness existing between them and the Father, that automatically creates a bond between them. Only a spiritual bond existing between a man and a woman can keep them forever in love and keep that love fruitful, fulfilling, harmonious, and pure. Such a bond comes about when a person can look his partner in the eye and know that here is someone he can trust. This kind of trust makes for lasting peace and a sense of absolute completeness. In such a spiritual relationship, all sensuality, lust, and greed drop away because this bond establishes them in the household of God, of the family of God. Between them, then, there can be only the pure and unselfish relationship that exists between God and his children and between all the children of the household of God. If they can look upon one another in that light, because of the one Father, the one Life, and one Spirit, the one Soul, automatically and instantaneously, an indestructible bond is created between them. They have seen the Father shining out through the eyes of the members of their family and that makes it impossible to lie, cheat, or defraud any one of them. No person can be joined by a spiritual bond with another and live with him or her in any other way than that of peace, purity, harmony, completeness, and sharing. What happens then in this senseless human universe cannot possibly make any difference! The insanity of mankind might be recognized but it would never interfere with the relationship established with those of a person's spiritual household. Human differences become of no moment or have no effect. Where there is love what arguments or problems come up can always be worked out and a solution found without consulting outsiders or going to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, The Spiritual Bond.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 66K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 7, Children of a Spiritual Union
- ~ 7 ~ CHILDREN OF A SPIRITUAL UNION A man and a woman who marry with the enlightened attitude that the children born to them have a higher destiny than to be born of the flesh alone are recognizing the spiritual truth that God is to appear on earth in another form, that another son of God is to come into expression, not their child, not somebody who looks like them, but somebody who looks like God and acts like God. When two persons unite in marriage in that realization, their children will be born into their Christhood because before conception the parents will know that their coming together is just their part in giving the child visible expression, but will also recognize that no man on earth is its true father and no woman on earth is its true mother. There is but one Father, God; and God is the creator, the maintainer, and sustainer of all. Parents are but the instruments through which God's grace expressed as individual being comes to earth. God is the child's Father and Mother, his creative Principle. Therefore, all that God is and shows forth will become the nature of the child. Once the Spirit of God is universally recognized, there will be a different breed of children brought forth on earth. Children then will show forth not the glory of their human but of their divine parentage, manifested as the grace and capacity of that divine Parent.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ildren of a Spiritual Union.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 58K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 26, Universal and Specific Belief
- ~ 26 ~ UNIVERSAL AND SPECIFIC BELIEF Universal and specific beliefs must be handled until we reach a state of consciousness in which the continuity of good has been realized. Then our mental work will be lessened, as spiritual revelation takes its place. Outside of Christian Science, humans are born, mature, age, decompose, and die. (All in belief, under the mesmerism of the Adam-dream). In Science, we annul the beliefs and claims of mortal existence one by one, as they appear until, in a measure, the ordinary experiences of mortality leave us untouched. There comes a time in our experience when spiritual inspiration reveals to individual consciousness a state of being free of mortal conditions and beliefs. Then we no longer live a life of constant mental denial and affirmation, but rather receive constant unfoldments of truth from mind. Sometimes this comes through no other channel than our own thought. It may come from a lecture, or in a published article, or it may be revealed through a statement in metaphysical writings. Regardless of the channel through which it may come, it is mind revealing itself to individual consciousness. Then, be sure that until this light comes, you handle whatever universal beliefs present themselves to you. As individual consciousness, we contain within ourselves all that is necessary to our well-being. There can be no sense of personal responsibility, when we know that God, divine love, completely provides within us all that is necessary for our unfoldment. As we give up personal responsibility, we receive divine strength, desire, and ability to help all those who for the moment may seem to need us. It is the divine "I or us" that fills the need of the patient, families or friends. Never do they need the personal you or me. As to our being ready to work from the point of spiritual revelation, that is never a matter for human decision. You just work as it comes to you to work, remembering that the human mind is not the healer; that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iversal and Specific Belief.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 59K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 29, What of Death?
- ~ 29 ~ WHAT OF DEATH? Drink with Me this cup of inspiration, Sip this wine, revealing Life divine, Walk with Me in the shade of revelation, For I AM Life. Can Life do aught but live? Can the sun do less than shine? Or the stars withhold their gleam? Is not the breath you breathe The same I breathed into your being? Shall God withdraw Himself? Come with Me for just a moment, Away from city streets, and even country lanes. Away from the Babel of tongues, and the strain of thought, To where the beckoning finger of Love Points the Way. And rest awhile in the consciousness of My presence, Illuming the dark recesses of fancy, So that the Light of Truth may Open your hearts to the concept of The gift of God,-eternal Life. There is no death. Death is but illusion. It is the terminal of the belief that man is born. To realize the nothingness of death, we must start with the understanding of the unreality of that which we call birth. This understanding evolves from the discernment of the Master's statement: "Before Abraham was, I AM." 1 Man can no more be conscious of death than he can be conscious of birth. There can be no more awareness of passing on than there can be of coming, for "Lo, I AM with you always." 2 Abstract metaphysical statements offer no consolation to those separated from loved ones. Platitudes can never replace the "peace be still" of the touch of Christ-like hands. Heavy hearts are lifted only as the gaze rests upon the vision of eternal life, and this forever radiating as man. Our belief that one has passed on does not change him. Jesus returned in the same form and body in spite of the belief held by those who witnessed the crucifixion, that he had died. Our beliefs do not affect those who seem to have left our midst. Their lives continue in uninterrupted rhythm, though, to them, it is as if we remained behind while they go on. You have never known death thus far and you never will. Your only remembrance is of life and living, and so it will ever be. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 29, What of Death_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 64K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 2, Life of the Soul
- ~ 2 ~ LIFE OF THE SOUL There are two foundations upon which to build a House of Life; rock or sand. The house built upon rock is sturdy and enduring: a fortress, a refuge, a haven of peace. The "rock" is the constant recognition of the Presence of God, and this recognition is attained through the faculty known as Soul. The house built upon sand is always in danger of collapse. Living out from the level of the material senses, which shift and change as often as do the sands, is to live in constant peril of having the whole structure crumble about us. Living out from the level of the human mind, which is nothing more nor less than a state of hypnotism, is the source of anguish, repetition and failure. There is only one Mind, Divine Mind, infinitely manifest, but those who are ignorant of this try to limit the Mind within the mesmeric boundaries of the five physical senses. The human mind, which can only think in terms of good and evil, beginnings and endings, is the sandy foundation, the false premise. Those who seek solely in the outer senses are continually in a turmoil of unhappiness, restlessness and indecision. The mind must seek ever more and ever different plots, jingles and jangles, which quickly become stale and frustrating. It is living at this level of mind which compels them to force the creation and stimulation of pleasure, satisfaction and supply, and because these are always artificial, they are not lasting or real, and must be repeated again and again, until they no longer satisfy or profit. Living at the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces and scenes. There is never a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest, relaxation, satisfaction or completeness. Until one reviews all this in his thought and realizes the continuous mental effort and strife there has been to attain a peace and satisfaction that has never come, one cannot change from the merry-go-round of the mind to the joyous realm of the Soul. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Life of the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 82K
Find Similar Documents