God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 5, Treatment as The Consciousness of Truth
- ... We must be willing for it to shine as much in our enemy's yard as in our own. While we are entertaining in thought some sense of enmity or hate, treatment or prayer is void. The Master-Christian taught: Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Matthew 5:23, 24 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. Matthew 5:44 Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matthew 18:21, 22 Can you not see that without this quality of forgiveness treatment or prayer is just a waste of time? Consciousness must be a transparency for God, and a transparency for God is universal, impersonal, and impartial. His rain falls alike on the just and the unjust. The teachings of the Master are full of love and forgiveness, with never a trace of judgment or condemnation. Remember, in the case of the man born blind when the disciples asked the Master who did sin, this man, or his parents that he was born blind? Jesus answered, "Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 2 And to the adulterous woman, he said, "Neither do I condemn thee." 3 Nowhere in the Christ-consciousness is there a possibility of any hate, envy, jealousy, or malice finding lodgment. A consciousness which entertains any of those traits is not a healing consciousness. The consciousness of a healer must be the consciousness of an individual who entertains no hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. It is easy to determine whether your treatment is going to be effective or whether you can do good healing work. How great a sense of personal hurt do you entertain in the world? I do not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Consciousness of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 19, When Christ Has Entered In
- ... So it is you will discover that war cannot enter your life if it has been ruled out of your consciousness. But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can only be ruled out of your consciousness if you will accept yourself as Christ, or as the disciple or apostle of Christ, and say, "I have removed myself from this side to that side: I am now sitting at that place where my life is a forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing; and no evil can come nigh me, because I am not seeking anything, I am not even seeking good. As long as I am not seeking, I am not going to receive, I will always Be." This is our real nature: Being! I and the Father are One in Being, in ... To pray for the world means to look out and almost see this globe of the universe in front of you and feel your hands, or your love, going out around that globe, saying, "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do." "I pray that thy sins be forgiven thee. I pray that Christ dwell in thy heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual Freedom, spiritual Justice, spiritual Life, and spiritual Law." Hold that globe this way, in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness. Allow no thought of victory to enter your mind; no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over countries. Not victories; Peace! There never can be Peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next gain. Never think of victories; think of Peace. "My Peace give I unto you." Keep that globe in your arms. "My Peace give I unto you, not as the world giveth." My Peace, spiritual Peace, the Peace that brings with it forgiveness, comfort. "My Comfort give I unto you-spiritual Comfort." Remember, you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting on the platform with the Master. Therefore you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... When Christ Has Entered In.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VI, The Earth Is the Lord's
- CHAPTER VI THE EARTH IS THE LORD'S The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. PSALMS 24:1 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet. PSALMS 8:3-6 In the contemplation of God's universe, the mind is centered in God. As we quietly, gently, and peacefully observe God in action on earth as It is in heaven, we are witnessing the glory of God. Practicing this form of meditation or contemplation, day in and day out, will bring us to a state of consciousness where discursive thought slows down and finally stops. One of these days, as we are engaged in this spiritual activity of watching God at work, a second of silence will occur in which there is no thought of any kind. In that split second, the activity or presence of God will make Itself known to us. From that moment on, we know that God is closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet, and that the kingdom of God is within us. Out of the void and darkness, out of the stillness of our consciousness, the Spirit of God moves to create for us our world of form: I have come to this quiet hour to contemplate God and the things of God. Every blessing upon this earth is an emanation or an expression of God and God's law: the sun that warms us and the rain that feeds our plants and trees. The stars, the tides, and the moon all fulfill functions of God and yet appear as blessings to man. It could have been no accident that God hung the sun up in the sky, millions of miles away from the earth, just far enough away to give us the proper amount of warmth and the right amount of coolness. God really is the intelligence of this universe-an ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...VI, The Earth Is the Lord's.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 82K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 10, The Realm of Soul
- ~ 10 ~ THE REALM OF SOUL There are no "small matters" in life. Harmony is the natural law of our being, and when there appears to be an absence of this in mind, body, or purse, it becomes a matter of importance. But here we are dealing with something different. It is not merely a matter of exchanging an inharmonious human condition for one of harmony. Something more is involved than a change of human conditions or feelings. Human existence, as a rule, is just a round of changing outer experiences-some good and some bad. There are countless human methods of meeting these, from medical doctors to soul doctors. To us, something entirely different enters the picture. Your experience has shown you that there is a world beyond this one, and yet a world here and now, possible of immediate attainment. This is the world you are seeking. The peace, harmony and perfection of that universe is beyond human understanding. The things of "this world" never touch that realm. When we have done as you have done, that is, risen above material sense into the kingdom of the mind, there remains this next step: the realm of Soul. Your work and your life now are mainly in the mental kingdom, but you must now reach for, or attain, the spiritual empire or realm of Soul. Like the kingdom of mind, the spiritual empire is within you, but it is a higher level of consciousness-no doubt, the highest one. No problem can be met on the level of the problem. So leave the problem behind you by rising to a new and higher state of consciousness. Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 Then, is it not necessary that we enter his "kingdom"? His "kingdom" is clearly not a mental one, because he taught that we are to "take no thought"; that taking thought will not add anything to us nor lead us into life and its harmonies. His "kingdom" is the realm of Soul, of inspiration and communion, a constant receptivity to good. The Hebrew lad, Samuel, understood this vision and revealed it in his attitude of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 10, The Realm of Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:43- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XV, Self-Surrender
- CHAPTER XV SELF-SURRENDER Students setting out on the spiritual adventure often labor under the misapprehension that they are going to mount up on to Cloud Nine, Ten, or Eleven and not come down to earth at all except perhaps to help a few of their neighbors. But it does not work out that way, although at first there may be for them an "adding to" kind of experience. The spiritual path is a way of sacrifice; it is a giving up, a surrender. If we can picture the Master saying to his disciples, "Leave your nets," or the disciples, the apostles, and the two hundred going about carrying the Christ-message far and wide, yet taking no thought for their life, depending upon neither purse nor scrip, suffering persecution and later on death itself, we can begin to realize that the way of the Christ is not a way of getting, but of givingness: it is a way of surrender. Usually the metaphysical student does not come to a truth-teaching to surrender or to give up anything. His primary thought is on what he will get out of it, and while there should be no criticism or condemnation of those who are on that level of consciousness, it must be recognized that getting has nothing whatsoever to do with a spiritual teaching. It is true, however, that the first year or two of study does result in a considerable amount of getting for most students. Their personal lives begin to be adjusted; harmonies come into their experience: greater health, sometimes a greater supply, and nearly always a greater sense of peace. A year or so later they run into a little trouble: the ego comes into the picture as students begin to realize that in order to attain spiritual grace they are called upon to surrender all human qualities, desires, and passions-not only their evil ones, but also traits labeled by the world as good. Many cherished things have to go out the window when the Spirit comes in. Many comforts have to be relinquished, and this is the period when even physical difficulties may arise. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter XV, Self-Surrender.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:01- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 6, Teaching the Message
- ~ 6 ~ TEACHING THE MESSAGE For the benefit of those who are having patients or students coming to them and who are not only trying to bring about healing for them, but at the same time introduce them to the subject of spiritual truth, let me point out that one of the first things that must be taught to the person who either has had little or no experience in metaphysics or to the one who is coming from some other school of metaphysics into the Infinite Way is the meaning of terms like Soul, Consciousness, and the Christ. Rarely do you meet a lay person in this work-I don't mean practitioners, I mean an average patient or student-who has caught the vision of the word, "Soul." It is one of the most misunderstood words in metaphysics and is so important that, without an understanding of it, the spiritual vision of this message cannot be perceived. The Soul-Faculties and Consciousness Soul, or Consciousness, is the seat of those faculties which we interpret as physical organs and functions and physical faculties or physical senses. The day will come when, if you know enough about Consciousness, you can leave everything else alone, for in the word, "Consciousness," and the spiritual understanding of it, is contained all the knowledge that is to be known about God, man, and the universe. As a matter of fact, the five senses-sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell-sometimes metaphysically called "the unreal senses," are but our misinterpretation of Consciousness. For example, if I see you, I am conscious of your presence through the faculty of sight; if I hear you, I am conscious of your presence through the organs of hearing; and, of course, I can also become conscious of you through my sense of smell or taste. But what is happening is that I am conscious of you. Therefore, the five senses are really just five different facets of the activity of Consciousness, which is the one real faculty and is spiritual; they are but the finite sense of that one spiritual activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Teaching the Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 132K
Find Similar Documents