Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 3, Neither Good nor Evil
- CHAPTER 3 Neither Good nor Evil EDEN REPRESENTS our spiritual domain. Now what threw us out of that? What threw us out into what the Master called this world? It is just as plain as anyone can read. The knowledge of good and evil: that's what did it. Now as we approach our healing work, we have no knowledge of good and evil. We have no knowledge of evil to be removed or risen above. Because so much of humanhood remains in us, we still recognize that we have before us the appearance of good and evil-the appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation. As long as we are faced with that, we can't be absolute and just say, "Oh, God is All; there is no error." You can't do that. You have to sit down and let God say it to you. He uttereth His Voice and the earth melteth. When you hear the still, small V oice, or when you feel that Stirring within you, that divine Presence within you, you may be assured of this: whatever appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation is before you will melt away. Don't think for a minute that you can ever be so smart as to bring it about. Never believe that because you could go out of here and say, "Oh, there is neither good nor evil," it would work miracles in your life. You must begin; and remember how Jesus said to pray: sacredly and silently. And I hope you are not going to be enough of a show-off to go out and tell this to anybody. If you do, you are only doing it to show off; you have no good motive. The only pure motive is to live spiritually and be a blessing to your fellow man, and you'll never do that by going out and telling this to anyone. You have got to live with this for a year until you demonstrate it. You've got to live with this and prove it within yourself, until it becomes so self-evident that the world sees it in you. Now remember, if you are ever tempted to tell this to anyone, you are just trying to be a show-off, and you're going to lose what you got. You're going to lose the possibility of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 3, Neither Good nor Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 17, Spiritual Supply and Healing - Awakening to the Mystical Experience of Oneness
- ~ 17 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY AND HEALING: AWAKENING TO THE MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE OF ONENESS The Infinite Way is not organized, has no corporate entity and has no memberships, therefore nobody belongs to the Infinite Way. This is the result of spiritual guidance which I follow. The object of it is to enable me to present to the world the principles which constitute the Infinite Way and to permit those who respond to accept them, follow them if they like, and those who do not, to turn from them, or else follow them in whatever measure is possible. In other words, I have no ties to our students, no strings, and they are under no obligation to me or to anybody. This has made it possible for me to be invited into Unity churches, New Thought churches, even Protestant churches, and for the writings, starting with The Art of Meditation 1 and Practicing the Presence, 2 to be accepted in Protestant churches of all denominations in the United States and Canada. This enables them to embody any of the principles, any of the teachings, in their individual lives, whether they're ministers or whether they're laymen, and yet remain on the path which for the present may be their religious path. The principles that are embodied in these writings are not mine. I did not make them up; I did not dream them up. They came to me in consciousness, and therefore they are not mine. They should be made available to anyone, anywhere, at any time, who can accept them, receive them, and respond to them. And that's the way it is. By having no organization, no memberships, no obligations, those who are led to these writings may embody them to whatever degree they wish and still maintain their freedom. In this way you will eventually find what we are already beginning to witness: that these very principles are being accepted as truth in many religious fields and ultimately will become embodied in the religions of the world. And I feel that's far better than putting a barrier around the message and saying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tical Experience of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 13, Messiah
- ~ 13 ~ MESSIAH FOR A FEW MINUTES I WANT TO REPEAT a little of what I talked about this afternoon. This afternoon I was in Vallejo and visited and talked to some students there. Strangely enough, I talked on a subject about which I had spoken here last week and I never said a word that I said last week. Nor did any of the thoughts go in the same direction. I spoke on spiritual freedom and before I was through here that afternoon, the whole thing had turned itself into grace. But today the whole talk took an entirely different turn. I would like to repeat some of it now, because I think it is an important thing for us consciously to remember. The point to which I refer is this: For centuries Jesus had been foreseen and promised as the coming Messiah. The Hebrews had been eagerly watching for his coming; they had been scanning the skies for years for this new Messiah. They were, of course, practically slaves to Caesar and they were not too happy with their church administration, which was also holding them under too tight a bond. So, with the coming of the Messiah, they thought that they would be freed of a lot of these tithes to the church and ten per cent taxes to Caesar and an extra five per cent for good measure and an extra twenty per cent on holidays. That financial taxation was a pretty serious thing. You know, it was almost like taxation without representation. In addition to that, of course, they did not have too pleasant a life under Caesar. So naturally, their expectancy was that when the Messiah came, he would certainly dethrone Caesar and make them a free people and give them their Holy Land in which to live as a free people. That probably was the uppermost thing in their minds. They would own all that territory about Palestine and the Holy Land and be enabled to live free of Rome. They would also be free of their Pharisees and Sadducees and be economically and politically and nationally a free people. Every indication is that is what they were expecting ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sition_ Chapter 13, Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 67K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter III, One Power
- CHAPTER III ONE POWER To understand the nature of God is to understand the basic principle of spiritual healing. Is it the nature of God to heal disease? Do you really believe that? If God is all-powerful and all-loving, why did He not heal it yesterday? Why is He waiting for today? And why is He not doing it today? Most of the people in the world believe that God works through doctors to heal them, but according to statistics, God was not doing too satisfactory a job of that before this century, was He? One hundred years ago, people were dying daily of diseases which today are healed in twenty-four hours. Why? Did God want them to die, but not us? Is God a respecter of persons? God never has had pleasure in our dying; God never will have pleasure in our dying; and, furthermore, God has never been responsible for our dying. People died because medical science had not advanced to the stage where their doctors knew enough to keep them alive, and some, in this last century, because their metaphysical and spiritual practitioners did not know enough to keep them alive. When you think of such things, the question inevitably arises, "Does God have anything to do with a person's being diseased? What does God have to do with healing him? There must be another principle involved in healing. And what is it?" That principle is revealed through an understanding of the nature of God and the nature of that with which you are dealing. When you understand God to be infinite love, infinite wisdom, and infinite good, you will know that God is "of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity." Disease is man- created, and only through man's developed spiritual consciousness will it be eradicated. If you can grasp the significance and truth of that statement, you will realize, "Then the development of this spiritual consciousness is my responsibility," and you will be correct. Through prayer and contemplation, let the nature of God be revealed. Discover for yourself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing_ Chapter III, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 105K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 7, Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace
- Chapter Seven Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace Two aspects of life confront us on the spiritual path: the material sense of life, made up of good and evil, with more evil than good and the good sometimes turning to evil, and the spiritual consciousness of life which is neither good nor evil but is wholly spiritual, wholly the offspring or activity of God. In reality we are not dealing with two powers. We are dealing with material sense and its claim to power and with spiritual consciousness which is the only power. Along with the rest of the world we are being faced with a material sense of world: material powers and mental powers. But having learned something of the nature of spiritual power and spiritual reality, we can reveal the nothingness of this material sense of world. The Master gave us a glimpse of this in his statement, "My kingdom is not of this world."1 In other words, the spiritual kingdom is not of the material world. When normal, ordinary, material methods are used to get the things a person desires, wants, or needs, and these fail, he turns to Spirit and tries to get from Spirit improved matter and improved material conditions. He tries to use the power of Spirit to nullify the powers of mind and matter. Therein lies the first mistake. At one time mind was looked upon as a power over matter, but the impossibility of this is evident to those who realize that what the world calls matter really is mind. The substance of matter is mind. Matter is the visible form of invisible mind. It is not that mind is a power over matter or that thought is a power over material conditions. It is that mind itself constitutes matter and material conditions, and the more mind is used for good purposes, the more good matter appears because mind and matter are one. The more evil or error there is in the mind, the more erroneous matter there is because mind and matter are one. Mind is the substance and matter is the form, just as glass is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... or the Unfoldment of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIV, And They Shall All Be Taught of God
- CHAPTER XIV "AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD" All work on the spiritual path is directed toward the development of a consciousness higher than that of the intellect or human mind. In the beginning, when there was no awareness of good or of evil, man lived out from the divine Consciousness, but after what is known as the Fall of Man, he took unto himself a consciousness of his own. He no longer had an awareness of the Father- consciousness: he now had a mortal consciousness, a consciousness of death, as does everyone who is under the universal belief in two powers. The purpose of work on the spiritual path is to bring about the return to this divine state of consciousness. In some cases, the impartation of that mind which was in Christ Jesus takes place in an individual when, through some act of Grace within himself, the Master -I am not speaking now of a man: I am speaking of the Master, the divine Consciousness-touches an individual and operates in him without the help of a teacher or without the help of a teaching. Paul, who received his illumination thirty years after the Crucifixion, had no personal teacher to help bring about the spiritual transformation which took place in him. His religious teacher, Gamaliel, was a scholar with a thorough knowledge of Hebrew theology, but probably with little spiritual awareness, and spiritual power seems to have been completely absent from him. So, this Saul of Tarsus, who had been out on the mission of persecuting and helping to kill Christians, this Saul, one of the most highly educated and trained of religious scholars, but apparently without a trace of the spiritual, received his illumination from within himself without the help of a teacher or of a teaching on the outer plane. Paul may have received his teaching and illumination directly from the Spirit of the Christ Itself, but it may well be that because of his identification with the Judaic movement in the days of the Messiah, he attributed his illumination to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Shall All Be Taught of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 9, Two Or More Gathered Together
- ... All who come to the meeting are forgiven, forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into His grace because my mind is filled with His grace, with His word, and with His truth. All who enter, enter the divine Presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locusts are restored to them by divine Grace which God has given me. Every ... You have to live in a constant attitude of no condemnation, leaving it to every person whether or not he wants to sin and be punished. What he does is not your affair. Your concern is to live always in an attitude of forgiveness. While maintaining this attitude of forgiveness, you do not walk around foolishly saying in the face of misconduct, "You are God's perfect child," but you do say that insofar as you are concerned, his sins are ... I am here only as a transparency for the Spirit of God; I am here only that all in the world who are seeking light may find entrance to my consciousness and be illumined. I am here for only one purpose, that the sick reaching out for wholeness, the sinner reaching out for forgiveness, the dying reaching out for life, may find entrance into this tabernacle which I am and from which all ... and became the means whereby the woman who passed through the throng and touched the robe was healed, so can people enter a room where a dedicated consciousness has been praying, even after the person has left, and find healing, comfort, and forgiveness just as they might find it if they entered an empty church where there was a minister, a priest, or a rabbi of truly spiritual stature. ... You are living as the Master lived. "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 11 Drop your burdens. Here there is sanctuary; here you will find no criticism, no judgment. Here you will find forgiveness. Father, be a light unto those who enter this temple. Be their joy. Be their renewal. Come, all ye that labour, and all ye that are heavy laden. I, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...o Or More Gathered Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 127K
Find Similar Documents