I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 10, The New Dispensation
- Chapter Ten The New Dispensation The only place man has to go for anything is to the consciousness of his own being. The reason is that God is consciousness, infinite consciousness, and that Consciousness is the consciousness of individual man: yours and mine, saint and sinner, anywhere, any time. Some few have learned to go to the kingdom of God within themselves, not for things but for spiritual grace, for the things of God, for the kingdom of God. And they have found their peace, not the peace found in the things of the world or the peace that you can find on earth. The Infinite Way has revealed that God is consciousness, that Consciousness is the substance of all form, and that this infinite consciousness is your individual consciousness. You do not have a piece of It: you have all of It. The fact that you do not draw forth all of It means that you draw forth only enough to satisfy your immediate needs. Meditation Reveals Infinity When you know this, you will understand why meditation as taught in the Infinite Way will have to be introduced to the peoples of the Eastern World. It is true that meditation has always been a way of life in the East but the people there have not known the function of meditation. Most of them do not know that God constitutes individual consciousness and that the purpose of meditation is to go within to open out a way for Infinity to flow forth from within, and that it must not be looked upon as merely a religious practice or discipline. It must be looked upon as the most practical step toward harmony. If you are ever to know mental, physical, spiritual, economic harmony and freedom, even political freedom, you will know it only by drawing it forth from within your own consciousness. You must not think for a minute that there is going to be a government of men anywhere that will be dedicated solely to the interests of the people of the world so that they will receive abundance, equality, justice, and peace on earth. True, there will be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 10, The New Dispensation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 8, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- ~ 8 ~ BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Religion is a thing of the heart, and yet, without some specific knowledge of the principles underlying a religious teaching, a knowledge of which must be an activity of the mind, it is impossible to have a full and complete religious life. It is possible to find the religious life in a church, but living the spiritual life is not dependent on a church, and there are many religious persons in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart motivates him. That is why it is impossible to give religion or a religious instinct to anyone. This is something that takes place within an individual when he is ready for the spiritual experience, or, as they say in the Orient, when he is "ripe." One can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill himself unless certain principles of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, principles which make it possible to attain illumination, fulfillment, and that peace that passes understanding. In the Infinite Way writings, many principles of life are set forth. No one of us can demonstrate all of them, but if we live with them and take them into meditation, those necessary for our experience will reveal themselves to us. It usually takes several years after we have received a spiritual idea or principle before it becomes a part of us and before we can demonstrate it. It is so with everyone. We hear a spiritual principle expounded, and we read about it. In fact, we read it over and over again, and we hear it on tape recordings or in lectures or classes, and because of this much reading and hearing, we think we know it and wonder why we cannot demonstrate it. This is normal and natural and true of all of us. Even principles that have come through my own consciousness and my own lips have not really become mine until several years later. They did not register in a demonstrable degree when they were first revealed to me, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 142K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter X, Reality and Illusion
- CHAPTER X REALITY AND ILLUSION To recognize that we live in two worlds, the world created by the five physical senses and the world of Consciousness, is to bring ourselves closer and closer to illumination. In the first chapter of Genesis, God made man in His own image and likeness, without any help from anyone. This pure spiritual birth, this immaculate conception, is God manifesting and expressing Himself and His qualities, Consciousness revealing Itself as form. This is pure, unadulterated, spiritual creation, the immaculate conception of man and the universe, God, the infinite Life expressing Itself individually without any material forms, processes, or systems. In the second chapter of Genesis, God not only creates but He miscreates, and because of His mistakes, He has to do it over and over again. First, He "formed man of the dust of the ground," then, He brought woman forth from man's rib, and finally He decided to bring man and woman together for the purpose of creation. Is it reasonable to believe that the infinite Intelligence of this universe needed to make two attempts at creation? This man of earth, "the natural man" who is not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," is not a man at all: he is a mythical creation of the human mind, of the five physical senses. To make clear how this mind creates, let us examine how it has created a man- made God. Close your eyes for a moment, and take the word God into your consciousness. Do you believe that this is God, or is this not a projection of your mind? Has this God any power? Is there really such a Presence, or is this just a self-created image of your own thinking? Let us go further afield and let us attempt to decide what God is. Instantly to our thought comes an answer, but the answer is not truth, and the answer is not God because the answer is a projection of our background. Anyone who has been an orthodox Christian almost immediately thinks of Jesus Christ. If one's background is Hebrew, he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, Reality and Illusion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 5, Evolving States of Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ EVOLVING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS There is an invisible substance or essence called Consciousness, which can be experienced, but never defined or analyzed. It has a meaning beyond that found in any dictionary, a meaning that we can comprehend only through our spiritual awareness or powers of discernment. Consciousness is not only eternal and omnipresent but It is our individual consciousness or awareness, the substance, cause, and law of individual being. That Consciousness is so infinite that It fills all space, not merely on earth, beneath the earth, and in heaven, but It is the consciousness of the entire universe, from everlasting to everlasting, without beginning and without end: unconditioned, eternal, immortal Being. This unconditioned Consciousness functioned in Its fullness in the beginning. We were the expression of that functioning, and our experience was wholly pure, immortal, and eternal. There was no sin in it, no disease, no death, no lack, and no limitation. It was a pure state of spiritual being. At some time in the history of mankind, man lost his divine heritage, that is, he became unaware of it. It is described in Scripture as the Adamic experience. Adam and Eve, symbolic figures, represent the human race which accepted a belief in two powers, a power of good and a power of evil, and by accepting that belief they were driven out of the Garden of Eden and became separated from their Source, God-consciousness. That is the belief, but nothing really can separate anyone from infinite divine harmony. As a result of the sense of separation that sprang up, symbolized by Adam and Eve being cast out of the Garden of Eden, we find a mortal concept being entertained in the form of two sons. These two sons were the mortal concepts of the human race-one good and one evil. With that concept, the human race went deep down into degradation, into the lowest form of human life, even cannibalism in some places, with murder a natural accompaniment of this low ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing States of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 29, Spiritual Discernment
- SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT September 29, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Before we started on our 1959 lecture and class trip, I was instructed within that our students did not really understand the healing principles of The Infinite Way. For this reason I was to devote that year to giving them the specific healing principles of The Infinite Way as clearly as possible, because these principles are totally different from those of any metaphysical healing approach. This does not always seem apparent in reading the writings because we all use the words God, Christ, spirit, prayer, meditation, treatment. Therefore, unless a student is alerted, it is natural that he would not realize that these words have entirely different meanings in the message of The Infinite Way than those to which he has been accustomed. So I spent the year 1959 traveling the world, giving classes everywhere on the specific healing principles of this message. In 1960, 1961, and 1962 I was given a specific subject each year, so that the students might eventually be prepared for the higher works. At the beginning of 1963 I had already arranged a very heavy schedule of lectures and classes to be conducted from January through May, but again I received inner instructions to cancel all of these plans in order to prepare the students for that which was to come. I remained at home, doing no public work this year. I have been teaching four days a week, but I have been teaching only those who were invited to be taught, those who were the most ready, so that with them and through them the new work could be given. Since the middle of August we have recorded on papers, and in two new series of tapes, the mystical message of The Infinite Way, the message that cannot be learned with or through the mind. The message first of all develops, and then governs, that part of man which we know as the Soul faculties, or spiritual consciousness, or the Soul of man. Every individual who has ever been born and every ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 29, Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 1, Peeling Off the Onion Skins
- Chapter One Peeling Off the Onion Skins In the history of the world, it is recorded that those who received the greatest light were those who were in deepest need of spiritual light and who had to search more seriously and diligently than the persons who were getting along comfortably without God. It takes desperation of one sort or another to drive us deep enough into the heart of God to find God. As a rule, it is only when human companionship has not sufficed, when human supply has not given us enough happiness, satisfaction, or completeness, and when even human health has not made us relax in an inner peace that we ask, "Lord, Lord, where art Thou?" Then it is that we begin the search for truth. Then it is that we try to find out if there is not a God, if there is not a Something somewhere that would bring to us what we are seeking. And what are we seeking? Most of all, peace. If we had peace, we would not be disturbed by physical, mental, or financial discomfort. But we have not found peace. We think that we can find peace if we have enough education, a good job, or a happy marriage, but even if we do enjoy financial comfort, good family relationships, and all other desirable human things, very often there is still something else that we have not achieved, and out of that hunger comes the search. As far as Joel Goldsmith was concerned, he was a businessman, and he was not doing too badly in the business world except for some momentary periods that everyone sooner or later has in business. There was no idea in his mind that he would at any time ever be connected with a religious, philosophical, or metaphysical work. That was no part of his consciousness. At best, it can be said that he had that hunger to find something more satisfying than a highball, a game of cards, a theater, a dance, or even a successful business, and that he was trying to find something better than those things. Most of us come to the grace of God through our ills and our discords. I was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Peeling Off the Onion Skins.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 12, Spiritual Preparation for Peace
- Chapter Twelve Spiritual Preparation for Peace Many students, even after they are on the spiritual path, think that there is some truth or some message to be found in a book or in the Bible that will change the nature of their life, that is, improve it, and do it quickly. The truth is that there is no message or teaching that can have that much power. Truth Cannot Be Revealed Through the Mind There is a truth, however, a startling truth, revealed by the great mystics of all ages, but it cannot be accepted by most persons because it cannot be understood through the mind. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God." 1 Therefore, the natural man, with this reasoning, thinking mind, can never grasp truth, and even if by some miracle the truth could be given to that mind it would benefit no one. There is a story that goes back probably five thousand years illustrating this, relating to a time when the ultimate of truth was known, and some who wanted to know this truth were determined to find it. It has always been believed that it would take a person anywhere from six to nine years to be able to grasp truth, even though when the truth was given to him it could be given to him in one sentence. It has always been considered, even four or five thousand years ago, that there must be a period of from six to nine years before an individual's consciousness could be prepared to receive the truth. These men, however, were determined to have it sooner than that and to bypass those years of inner preparation. But whether or not they received it, it did them no good. Ever since that time, men have tried to give forth truth in a capsule or even in a book, but it is not possible. The mind of the natural man, the mind with which or into which he is born, cannot accept truth. Because of that, there must be a period between the time that a person's interest in truth is aroused and the time when his consciousness is prepared to accept it, that is, when he arrives at a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Preparation for Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 130K
Find Similar Documents