The Heart of Mysticism: February 1956, God is the Soul of Man
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY God is the Soul of Man How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise. Psalms 36:7-12 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. Psalms 37:1-9 Part One IN order to know God, to understand God, to place your faith fully in Him, it must be understood that God is the Soul of man, and that God is the Soul of you! The grace of God is universal-"for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Everyone, saint or sinner, has a Soul; and this Soul is pure, never depleted, never lacks, never has been touched or tainted by human thoughts, deeds, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...956, God is the Soul of Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 3, Attaining the Christ-Mind
- ... The laws governing the airplane always existed, only awaiting man's discovery. Releasing Infinity The infinite abundance of God has always been in every individual who ever existed, but he could not demonstrate it until someone could come along and reveal that within him is the kingdom of God, within him is all that the Father has. All the music is there, all the art, all the literature, all the spiritual truth, all the inventions, all the sciences. All these are within, but to experience them a person must begin to open out a way for the infinity of God to escape. Truth is within. The truth, which is bread, meat, wine, and water, is not to be found outside, but is within, and a way must be found for "the imprisoned splendor" to escape. Begin to pour now. There is no better way to begin to pour than to set aside periods each day to pray for those whom you know need prayers, those within your family, your community, within your nation, and eventually within the entire world. Begin to pray the prayer of forgiveness, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 Release everyone from condemnation and punishment. Know every bit of spiritual truth you can about all those who are within your consciousness. Know that the voice is saying to them, "Son, all that I have is thine. . . . Neither death, nor life. . . can separate you from the love and care of God." This is giving. You are sharing out of that infinite storehouse; you are pouring out the water of life even without a bucket. Through such meditation, you are developing more and more of that spiritual or fourth dimensional transcendental consciousness. Attaining the Fourth Dimensional Consciousness The many ways that have been revealed to me of attaining the fourth dimensional consciousness are incorporated in the writings. Those wishing to make a real study of this should begin with Living the Infinite Way. 20 In this book certain principles are presented and clarified. Follow this book with Practicing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Attaining the Christ-Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 3, Letting God Reveal Itself
- ... For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 9 In any moment, turn and seek the realization of God's continuous love and realize that in Him there never has been criticism, judgment, or condemnation. The Master, Christ Jesus, knew this probably better than any man. When asked by his disciples, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents? . . . Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 10 "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 11 Jesus above all men knew that we must forgive seventy times seven, and he knew that God's forgiveness is seventy times seventy times seven. In other words, God's forgiveness is endless. Why? Because God does not hold us in condemnation, criticism, or judgment. "Who made me a judge or a divider over you?" 12 All Erroneous Acts, a World-Mesmerism So if there are past sins, drop the penalty for them in this moment and realize they are as dead as yesterday. They can never live again unless you ... When we learn enough of love so that we can hold each other in this sacred relationship, then we will be able to go out and begin to take in our fellow man in our community life, family life, national life, and ultimately international life. The day must come when God's love will cover the earth through you and through me. In this consciousness of love there is neither Jew nor Gentile: there is only the child of God, the spiritual son, the divine revelation of God's government. Once a year the Hebrews have a Day of Atonement. On that day they seek God's forgiveness and they believe that all their sins of the past year are forgiven and that they start out with a new slate absolutely clean. The Roman Catholics have more than one Day of Atonement because every time they go to their priest for confession they are forgiven their sins and they start out anew. We do not have any such consolation because we start out with the understanding that God does not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Letting God Reveal Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIII, The Father Which Seeth in Secret
- CHAPTER XIII THE FATHER WHICH SEETH IN SECRET And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. MATTHEW 6:5, 6 These words of the Master must come as a shock to us when we realize how many people believe that their most effective prayers are those said in church. How many times have we, ourselves, prayed in public, forgetting that, according to Jesus, prayer must be practiced in secret. Of old, the Pharisees and the scribes prayed in public in much the same manner as do most of the people of our world today, and for their much praying, they received the praise of their neighbors: There is only one thing they lost-God's grace. When our prayers become a matter of public utterance, we are inflating our ego, trying to make something of ourselves, setting out to glorify ourselves, not realizing that thereby we sacrifice the reward of the Father and separate ourselves from the very blessings we are seeking. Anything that glorifies ourselves or attempts to make the world believe that we are something of ourselves tends to separate us from the love of God. The whole teaching of the Master is, "I can of mine self do nothing . . . the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. . . . My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me." This injunction to pray in secret does not mean that we cannot unite with others in prayer or meet in church or temple for the purpose of prayer because Jesus also taught that "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." His intent was that we should not attend church because it is the accepted thing to do-fashionable or politic-or because our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ather Which Seeth in Secret.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 4,1963, Becoming the New Man
- ... It is only with the coming of the spiritual faculty-it is only when you have inner discernment-that you learn the great secret which the mind cannot believe. God is speaking, saying: "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 10 Only this can stop that mad rush to destruction, because now it is always possible to go to the source- that I within-for daily manna. Sometimes a stumbling block arises because when you do this, the flow starts very quickly and very abundantly. It is at this point that you fail to take time to discover the next bit of manna which is that you have not merely been given a sufficiency, you have been given twelve baskets to share with "the least of these my brethren." Are we doing it? What about the distribution of the twelve baskets? "What we surrender, we have; what we hold in the grasp of possession, we lose. Everything we release, we draw to us. Everything we loose, we have; everything we set free, we bind to us forever." This is spiritual law. If you receive forgiveness and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive love and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive gratitude and do not give it, you lose it because life- God-is an outflow, and only as we are letting the grace of God flow through us are we instruments of the divine. These are some of the points that you are apt to forget. You must be reminded of them, as eventually you will find it necessary to remind others, until they too have become fully acquainted with the new man which they have become and who is now able to live peacefully with the spiritual facts of life rather than with the material concepts. Do you not see why many of our students miss the way? When students begin to have some healings, some forgivings or some supplyings, they must quickly realize that these are not the demonstration-these are the fruits of the demonstration. The demonstration is the consciousness of the presence of that indwelling spirit, and all the "things" are added unto us ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...,1963, Becoming the New Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-09-07 14:12:48- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 10, 1964, Three Lost Secrets
- THREE LOST SECRETS January 10, 1964 GOOD EVENING. For your meditation will you please ponder this: You have not come here to hear me, nor to receive a message from me. You have come here to be instructed by the spirit that is within you, to hear the still small voice that is within you, and my part is merely that you may be lifted up to the point of spiritual apprehension or spiritual discernment-not discernment of what I say but discernment of what is revealed within you. It is possible that something may come through my lips that may be the message that you will receive, but do not be surprised if you hear something tonight and discover later that I never said it-if you are not here to see or hear a man but to receive the grace of God. Because if two or more of us unite in this meditation, we will be lifted up to that point of spiritual discernment; then the voice can speak, either through my lips or it may speak directly through your consciousness. I would like to talk tonight about three lost secrets. They are not lost in the sense that they have been lost to consciousness, but they have been lost from mankind. The only reason you have them in active form today is through revelation because, although they exist as written words, they are passed over as if they were not major factors-and they are sadly misinterpreted. Let us take first, secrecy. Secrecy is one of the lost principles of life. What we call benevolence or charity or brotherly love is the second lost secret and, through these, we will come to the third. You must remember that there are two major forms of life, just as there are two major forms of religious life. One form is that which you meet in all religions; it is the religion of the Old Testament, the moral law, the Ten Commandments. It is the Old Testament teaching of "love the lord thy God" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" -to which has been added ceremonies, rituals and rites. This, you might say, is a beginning form of religion, ideally ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, 1964, Three Lost Secrets.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 102K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 2, From Practicing the Presence to the Prayer of Listening
- Chapter Two From Practicing the Presence to the Prayer of Listening Living the spiritual life begins with practicing the presence of God, which means living in such a way that from the moment we awaken in the morning until we go to sleep at night, we have some conscious realization and acknowledgment of God. For example, on waking up in the morning, before jumping out of bed, wait for a few minutes and contemplate: This is a new day, which I had nothing to do with creating, nor had any man or woman. Where did it come from? Where, but from God? Therefore, this day must be the work of God, and if it is the work of God, it must include in it the works of God, the presence of God, and the power of God. I can begin with the activities of this day without worry and without fear because I know that since God has brought about this day, He will not leave it to its own resources. He created it and He maintains and sustains it. So I can safely trust this day to the government of God and to His presence and power. Only after such a realization should we make our preparations for the day. At breakfast must come the realization that there could be no food on our table or on any table but for the grace of God. Only God can bring forth crops and fruits. We can plant the seeds, but we cannot make seeds and we cannot make them grow after they are planted. Some kind of a law must take hold of a seed in order to bring forth apples from apple seeds or peaches from peach seeds. Therefore it is by God's grace that the food we eat and drink is provided for us. Meeting the Responsibilities of the Day As we go forward during the day, there is not a person who is not faced with some responsibility greater than he is able to care for. No one of us goes through life without having problems that we cannot humanly solve, and it is in these periods that we again contemplate truth as we know it, remembering that "He performeth the thing that is appointed for me.1. . . The Lord will perfect that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... to the Prayer of Listening.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Three, God Is
- CHAPTER THREE GOD IS Prayer is our contact with God, the infinite Source of our being, of which we can have no actual intellectual knowledge, and for which we have used such terms as Mind, Life, Truth, Love, Spirit, and the Infinite Invisible. God is the only creative Principle of the universe, the creative Principle of all that is; and since this creative Principle operates from the standpoint of supreme intelligence, without beginning and without end, it becomes necessary to know how to make contact or to become one with it. Unless we learn the way, we cannot avail ourselves of the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Prayer, sometimes called communion, is the avenue through which we make our contact, find our oneness, or realize God. Prayer is the means of bringing into our individual experience the activity, the law, the substance, the supply, the harmony, and the all-ness or that which we call God. This is one of the most important points for all students of spiritual wisdom to know, to understand, to practice, and to live. In understanding the infinite nature of God, we understand the infinite nature of our own being. "I and my Father are one" assures the infinite nature of your being and my being. This fact is not dependent upon one's being a student of truth, but is dependent solely upon one's relationship to God, and that relationship is oneness- oneness. We shall hear much more about that word oneness as we progress. We must accept anything that is spiritually true of any individual, saint or sinner, as being true of you and of me, since the relationship of God to its creation is a universal one. When the Master taught that I and the Father are one, he was very careful to assure us that he spoke of your Father and my Father. He was revealing a universal spiritual truth. What, then, separated the demonstration of Christ Jesus from that of the Hebrew rabbis of his day? Or, what separated the demonstration of the Master from that of his students ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Way_ Chapter Three, God Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 11, Sowing and Reaping
- forgiveness, through praying for the enemy, through loving our neighbor as ourselves, through doing unto others as we would have them do unto us. Thereby we are sowing seeds of love and seeds of truth. In that sowing, the soil is being prepared for spiritual reaping, because with no devil to interfere and no God to give or withhold, we are going to reap what we have sown. Setting in Motion the Law of Love In Christian mysticism, this teaching is called the law of as-ye-sow-so-shall- ye-reap; in Oriental mysticism, it is called the law of karma. They both mean the same thing; the law of cause and effect. The cause that we set in motion through forgiveness ... The law came by Moses, but grace and truth came by the Christian dispensation of Christ Jesus. This means that at any moment that we repent, as we do in meditations of forgiveness, in retracting every bit of erroneous belief we have held about others, and in withdrawing from circulation all hate, envy, jealousy, malice, bias, ... Can you imagine the look in the eyes of the woman taken in adultery as she stood before her accusers, that look directed at the Master that demanded, asked for, and pleaded for understanding and forgiveness, even without saying a word? And the Master answered, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 1 Just her look convinced the Master of her repentance, and the past was wiped out. Instantly! No period of sorrow, no period of grief, no period of going through Hades, but wiped out in a moment, because there was no condemnation, nor is there ever any condemnation from the Christ. There is forgiveness, and with it a warning: "Go, and sin no more." In ... You must find it by realizing that I in the midst of you is the Christ. Loving Restores US to the Divine Consciousness We have prayed spiritually when we have prayed the prayer of love, truth, and forgiveness; and in doing this, we have sown to the Spirit. We have made sure that now we will reap the Spirit. As we sow tonight, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 124K
Find Similar Documents