I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 3, Meditation, the Door to Fulfillment
- ... If you cheat, steal from, or defraud another, which is certainly sowing to the flesh, that is what must inevitably return to you. But if you sow to the Spirit, if you permit love, justice, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness to flow out from you, you reap life everlasting. It is the karmic law of ancient scripture. The bread that you cast on the waters returns to you. That is why you have to be careful not to send forth stale bread. Had we accepted the teaching of Jesus Christ on this score literally, we would have known hundreds of years ago that we dig our own graves by our conduct, by the atmosphere we carry with us, and by our attitude to others. What you do to others is the measure that returns to you pressed down and running over. You can think of it this way: the I of me is the I of you. When I take money from my pocket and give it to you, it is just as if I took it out of my right-hand pocket and put it into my left-hand pocket. It is earmarked for return, and usually with interest. The forgiveness that I ... Work, Not for a Living, But for the Joy of Serving With this assurance we can go out into the world, thinking only of how well we can do the job, of how many ways we can serve and be useful, whether to our employer or the public, of how many ways we can bless. If we can do nothing else, we can bring with us the power of forgiveness, so that wherever we see sin, disease, or death, we do not condemn but forgive. If we can do nothing else in our work, we can be a benediction at every step, by realizing, "God is with you. Immanuel, peace be unto this household. Peace be unto this business office. Peace be unto this customer. Peace be unto this client." Since supply is spiritual, we can give everybody an infinity of supply: a supply of life, gratitude, forgiveness, commendation, and a supply of peace on earth. Because we are the sons of God, we are heirs of God, heirs to all the heavenly riches. That is why we do not work merely for a living but for the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on, the Door to Fulfillment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 2, Secrecy, The Primal Mystical Principle
- ... If we keep our needs locked up secretly within ourselves, before long the fulfillment comes, because the Father within us, who sees in secret, rewards openly. Virtues Are Shouted from the Housetops As you hold "I and my Father are one" in sacredness and secrecy within yourself, remember that it also means that "I and my neighbor are one," because we are children of the same Father. We are branches of the same tree. We are united in the tree of life. When you abide in this within yourself, you will never have to voice it. It will be shouted from the housetops that love, compassion, helpfulness, mutuality, and cooperation govern your relationships with others. It is the same thing as being honest or moral. You do not have to tell anyone that you are honest or moral because, as Emerson tells us, "What you are shrieks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." Therefore, if there is integrity in us, let us not tell each other about it. Let the other person find it out. If there is mortality in us, let us not tell anyone about it; let them find out for themselves. If there is charity or forgiveness in us, let us not tell anyone about it. Let them find out about it. By our very secrecy, God will in some way make our character known to the world. We will never have to voice it, and we will have the benefit that accrues to us from holding within ourselves our secret good and our relationship with God. One of the evils of talking is that we "leak" our good. It is as if you had invented something and told everybody about it and by the time you applied for a patent, someone else would have already patented it. It is like the woman who waited months for the sales to buy a heavy winter coat with fur trimming at half price. When the coats were on sale, she immediately phoned her friends and relatives to tell them about it. When she went to the store, she found that the coats had all been sold. Our outer experience is the externalization of our state of consciousness. We do not have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Primal Mystical Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 3, Easter, A Rising Out Of Material Sense
- ~ 3 ~ EASTER, A RISING OUT OF MATERIAL SENSE THE MAJOR PRINCIPLE OR REVELATION OF THE INFINITE WAY is that God is consciousness, and that infinite divine Consciousness forms Itself as individual being, as my individual consciousness and yours, not a portion of It, but all of It. Most persons have been taught that man begins from a seed, and they have been led to believe that there is something not quite spiritual about the whole idea of conception and birth. They have thought of creation as an act of man and woman, about which there has always lurked some feeling of wrongness, and in their sense of creation there is something wrong because it means that they are accepting man as a creator. But man is not a creator, and the belief that he is has given rise to the idea that man is brought forth in sin and in iniquity. The truth is that the activity of creation begins with the Spirit of God pouring into individual consciousness as love. That divine love pours from your consciousness into your mind and tangibly it brings unto you your own with whom you are one, and then the idea of love, union, and oneness comes forth as the creation of the next generation. There is nothing sinful, nothing evil, nothing finite, nothing mortal about it at all. It all has its beginning in conscious union with God. While there cannot be a material creation because God is the only creator and God is Spirit, a material sense of creation has been entertained, and that is where this whole feeling of sin or wrongness comes from. All human experience has its foundation in a material sense of a spiritual universe. What is called the immorality and delinquency of this age has its basis in that same material sense, because since our young people have not been taught to understand that their first duty every day is to establish their conscious oneness with the Source so that they are animated throughout the day and night by the Spirit, they have sought satisfaction on the level of mind and body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ising Out Of Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 9, Freedom in God
- CHAPTER 9 FREEDOM IN GOD Some nations seek political freedom-freedom from dictators and concentration camps. Other nations seek freedom from religious bondage-from teachings that hold them in bondage and make them slaves of men rather than servants of God. Any nation that has gained political, economic, or religious freedom has had to fight hard to attain that freedom and must work even harder to retain it, because there are those who would take that freedom away. There is not one moment of the day when someone, somewhere, is not plotting to control the minds and bodies of individuals, to control nations and the world itself. Not all the enemies are in foreign countries; some can be found within a country itself. The freedom we seek is a spiritual freedom-a freedom in Christ, in God. It is not a freedom from anyone or some circumstance or some condition of lack, limitation, sin, or disease-although we may have started out seeking only that kind of freedom. Spiritual Freedom Spiritual freedom is a freedom attained in God. There is no such thing as freedom from anything or anyone. The longer we attempt to gain freedom from sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation, the more we are kept in bondage to such conditions. What we must seek is freedom in God, in Christ-a spiritual freedom. Originally, we were given spiritual freedom as a divine inheritance, but there was an experience in consciousness called "the fall of man" or the "prodigal experience" in which we set up a selfhood apart from God. We thereby lost our divine inheritance, and spiritual freedom is no longer something that is given to us. Now we must struggle to regain our spiritual freedom. We cannot regain it until we return to the state of consciousness we call oneness, unity, or union with God. Like the prodigal son, we must return to the Father's house. Our spiritual freedom is not gained through the efforts of others. The efforts of others can only instruct us and give us a little wisdom. Throughout the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 9, Freedom in God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Four, Transition
- CHAPTER FOUR TRANSITION Those who are on the spiritual path do not die: they make a transition which is in no way related to what the world calls dying, because this transition is not an act of their own: it is an act of God and takes place by the grace of God. If you will look back on your own experience, you will gain a better understanding of this whole subject. You came into this world as an infant, and when you made the transition from infancy to childhood with an entirely different looking body, you did not die or pass on: you simply made a transition. Some years after that, you reached the age of puberty, and another change took place in your body, but it was not dying or passing on: it was merely a transitional stage into another phase of life. Then, as you reached your upper teens, you passed into still another phase of life, completely different from the twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year stage. All of life took on a different complexion because you had made a transition out of childhood. Dolls and toys no longer interested you, and even basketball, baseball, and football ceased to be the center of your world because the world outside the playground and the neighborhood movie stretched forth in ever-widening horizons. So you continued until one day you found yourself in truth, and when you became a serious truth-student, you found yourself in another world, a world in which bridge, golf, dancing, and the theater occupied a minor place in your life, and, in some cases, were left behind completely because now in this new life your attention was focused on God. It was a transition from "this world," the world to which Jesus referred when he said, "I have overcome the world." 1 There was no death about that transition, except a death to materiality or what Paul called "dying daily," dying daily to old modes of thought and reliances. There was a time in our experience when our primary concern was that we have a normal heart and normal blood pressure. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter Four, Transition.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 1, Pure Being
- ... We must love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul in the realization that He is too pure to behold iniquity or to cause it. He is the very light of the world, and in Him is no darkness at all. ONENESS OF GOD AND MAN When that conviction becomes bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh and when we have a God wholly good, we ourselves then are wholly good, for "I and my Father are one. 4 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 5 All the qualities we now attribute to God-all the purity, goodness, justice, love, and forgiveness-are in reality qualities of man, for God and man are one, just as the glass and the tumbler are one. What is the nature of the tumbler? Is there a tumbler or is there just glass? Is the tumbler merely a name for the form as which the glass is appearing? Glass is the essence of the tumbler; glass is its quality. How strong is the tumbler? As strong as the glass of which it is made. How beautiful is the tumbler? As ... It is for this reason that the Master taught us to forgive seventy times seven, to pray for our enemies, and to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. The reason is that anything you do to another you are doing unto yourself because there is but one Self, and I am that Self. Be assured that even the money that you give to benevolences is only being transferred from your right-hand pocket to your left-hand pocket, because I is the only Selfhood, and therefore, what you give never leaves you. This is the bread that you cast on the water of life which comes back to you. The forgiveness that you give to those who have offended you is the forgiving of yourself because there is no other Self than I AM, and without the forgiving of others, there can be no forgiving of yourself, for I am the only other. When you pray for your enemies, you are praying for yourself. You are doing unto others as you would have others do unto you, and the reason is that the enemy is yourself. Therein ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness_ Chapter 1, Pure Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 183K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 7, Conscious Oneness
- ~ 7 ~ CONSCIOUS ONENESS I HAVE SAID: "If there is no change in our consciousness during the week, there will be no change in our outer experience the following week." Now, in proportion as some change toward truth takes place in your consciousness, in that proportion there is some improvement in your outer affairs-either in your health, your family relations, or in your supply. It would be as impossible for you to be in the same place today that you were a week ago as it is to toss raisins into your bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation. Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance and the "form" is its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in or as our consciousness, if truth appears in or as the spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. Therefore please remember this as the foundation, the real point, of recent talks: that all improved states of consciousness must appear as improved demonstrations or experiences. And today we come one step further. Unless we consciously make the decision to act or live in some higher way, on a higher level, we are not going to live or act or have manifestation on a higher level. We cannot sit back passively and say (or believe), "There is a God or law that is going to do something in me, through me, for me or to me," just as we have learned not to believe that there is an evil law or an evil power. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except that to which we give power to through our belief. You can accept any belief and make it a law unto yourself. There is no power in the stars or in the stars' acting upon us, but you can make a god of anything you wish. You can pick up a piece of metal, or a penny, and call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 8, Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding The Infinite Way is a revelation of specific principles, each of which is startling, radical, and so contrary to what has been accepted for centuries that there is little wonder that many do not understand the importance of them, and therefore the fruitage is not forthcoming. So the question must naturally arise: Do I understand the principles of the Infinite Way, and am I practicing them? With the understanding and practice of them will come the realization that is necessary before the student on this path can experience the fulfillment inherent in the principles. Surrendering Concepts Whatever good is to appear in your outer experience must first be experienced within. There can be no change in the outer experience without an inner spiritual experience. There could be some healings of a mental, moral, physical, or financial nature due to the consciousness of a teacher, but that would not really be your demonstration. A teacher is only a help on the way. The real demonstration comes with your own experience, and in the beginning that experience can be difficult, sometimes even painful, because it means the surrender of many preconceived beliefs, opinions, and theories. Conditioned as you and I have been for so many centuries it is not easy to give up our cherished beliefs and to strip ourselves of them. Therein lies the difficulty. Students can accept the new, but they cannot surrender the old; and thereby they set up a warfare within themselves, the warfare between the flesh and the Spirit, which really means a warfare between truth and ignorance. Ignorance is the barrier to the spiritual life, and what a person has accepted in mind, in thought, or in belief constitutes the barrier. So before anything else, the light of truth must have the opportunity of dispelling the darkness, the ignorance that he has held in mind. Seeking Spiritual Fruitage One of the most difficult places in your spiritual journey is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage through Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 3, The Nature of Spiritual Discernment
- ... No Destruction in God's Creation God never created a destructive law. In reality there is no such thing as a law of disease or a law of death. To attain our freedom from these means to attain the power of spiritual discernment, so that we can see the nature of God's law, and in the presence of that power of discernment, the material sense of law evaporates. All the evils of this world are man-created, that is, they are mind-created. They are the creation of that which is called the Lord God, or law. It is the mistaken belief that this law, or Lord God, was God that has resulted in the slavery of the entire world-physical, mental, moral, and financial slavery-and all because the ancient Hebrew Scriptures that spoke of God and a Lord God were interpreted as if both terms meant God, and they do not. The Lord God is the law, and this law is done away with in Christ. Sooner or later the world will realize that the law and God are not the same. The law has to do with as-ye-sow-so-shall-ye-reap, but there is no such law in God. In God there is forgiveness seventy times seven. In God there is not as-ye- sow-so-shall-ye-reap, and it serves you right. Rather, there is, "'Neither do I condemn thee,'6 I forgive thee. I do not judge or condemn thee. I set thee free." So all that has been accepted as the good and evil of God is an error. Only those who realize the nature of God as immortal Being can understand that there can be no destruction in God or the creation of God: no beginning to it, no ending to it. It is a state of immortality. Spiritual Healing, an Activity of Spiritual Discernment Since we were born into the human mind with its belief in good and evil and into the belief that there are God-laws of good and evil, we cannot rise above them except by a conscious act of our consciousness, consciously withdrawing good and evil from this world and its people, and then saying, "Father, I know not how to pray; I know not how to judge; I know not how to understand; I know not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents