The Master Speaks: Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding
- ~ 20 ~ TRUTH UNFOLDING We cannot have a consciousness of truth and a demonstration; nor can we have a consciousness of truth before the demonstration, nor the demonstration before the consciousness of truth. First, there must be the consciousness of truth, and then, with it, comes the demonstration, because all demonstration is truth itself made evident-the Infinite Invisible becomes visible; the Word becomes flesh. There is no time lapse, or space lapse, between the Word and the flesh. The Word becomes flesh instantaneously. Truth becomes demonstration instantaneously, because demonstration is truth manifested. Nothing takes place in our outer world except as the manifestation and expression of our consciousness, and if truth is not active in our consciousness, then our demonstration is not the activity of truth. If our thought remains barren of truth, no matter how fruitful in material things it may be, it cannot bring forth spiritual fruitage. If we sow to the flesh, we reap corruption. If we sow to the Spirit, we reap the fruitage of the Spirit. Let us remember this: Our individual consciousness actually is God consciousness; God is our only consciousness. Therefore, all demonstration, all manifestation, is God consciousness expressed. It takes our knowing of this truth, however, to make that evident. All harmony in our experience is the direct result of the activity of truth in our consciousness. This activity of truth does not consist merely in making statements of truth, or in vain repetitions of truth, or in repeated affirmations of truth. That is not the activity of truth in consciousness. The activity of truth in consciousness is an awareness of the truth of being. As we learn to dwell on God, on God in Its infinite forms and varieties, on God as omnipresent, and especially on God as individual consciousness-your consciousness and mine-then the infinity of God appears. The Infinite Way of life is actually an entrance into the fourth dimension of life, into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 6, The Discipline of Knowing the Truth
- S Chapter Six The Discipline of Knowing the Truth tudents of the Infinite Way are taught to go into prayer, treatment, or a contemplative healing meditation without words, opening their consciousness in a state of receptivity, listening for that "still small voice," 1 and letting It give the treatment and do the work. On the other hand, students are taught to know the truth, declare the truth, remind themselves of truth, and go through a degree of mental discipline. Unless students understand these two approaches clearly, there might seem to be a conflict or a contradiction. But there is no conflict or contradiction. Spiritual Preparation Needed In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, it is necessary to go through disciplines: mental disciplines, specific practice, and many forms of work that will not be used or be necessary later. In our earliest study, we fill ourselves full of truth through books, lectures, classes, or in any way in which truth can be imbibed. We spend hours and hours a day in reading, studying, meditating. We spend weeks, sometimes months, years attending classes, and we know the truth specifically about many things, probably about everything that touches our human experience. In doing that, let us understand that we are not doing it for the sake of God, nor are we doing it to reach God or to get something from God. As a matter of fact, such practices have very little to do with God: they have to do with preparing ourselves and making us fit for the receptivity to God. By that, I do not mean humanly fit or humanly good, but making ourselves spiritually receptive. That is what takes the preparation. Different Approaches Lead to God The more we read inspired literature, correct metaphysical or spiritual literature, and fill ourselves with it, the more our thought becomes spiritualized and the clearer transparencies we become. True, too, the more inspirational lectures to which we listen and the more classes we attend, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipline of Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 8, Tithing
- ~ 8 ~ TITHING SOONER OR LATER, we all have to learn the meaning and importance of tithing because this practice carries us to our highest sense of gratitude, and gratitude is one facet of the vast subject of love. Tithing is usually understood to mean that if ten per cent of our income is given to some charitable or spiritual purpose, we will in some mysterious way have pleased God and so will be rewarded. Personally, I think that this teaching is entirely incorrect. There is no virtue in giving when there is any sense of a future tense connected with it. If our giving, whether in contributions to a charity, a church, or to a teacher, carries with it any thought that we will receive some benefit from it, it is best not to give. Giving should always be from the standpoint of gratitude for that which already is-health, wealth, happiness, and peace. We cannot get health and we cannot get wealth, we cannot get happiness, we cannot get peace. Those things were established from the beginning. They are a part of the divine Consciousness, and they will unfold as our individual consciousness in proportion to our turning within for that unfoldment, and in proportion to our devotion to the spiritual sense of life. It is perhaps true that many of us are not yet at that point of consciousness where we are able to realize our oneness with God sufficiently to receive a spiritual message without mediation. And yet God needs no mediator. Because of our oneness with God, truth can reveal itself in our consciousness without any person talking to us or without our reading a book; but inasmuch as we have not reached that state of communion and conscious oneness, truth interprets itself to human consciousness as a book, a church, or a teacher, until the time comes when our conscious oneness with God enables us to accept truth without any human means. God knows nothing about human teachers or teachings, or human places of worship. If God had made our churches, none of them would ever have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Is New_ Chapter 8, Tithing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 89K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 12, Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience
- Chapter Twelve Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience The first coming of the Christ is the coming of the Christ to individual consciousness, the Christ expressed as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Buddha, Lao-tzu, Jesus, John, Paul, and all who followed. With the evolution of consciousness, we are entering the period on earth which is referred to in scripture as the second coming of the Christ when that divine primal Consciousness will become the consciousness of all mankind, universally, and the new generation will not have to be taught metaphysics, mysticism, or religion, but will be born into it. That is about to take place. Up to now religion has been on an individual scale and has been taught with the hope of bringing individuals to spirituality. Then the next generation comes into being, and the people have to be taught all over again because they were born into the same belief in two powers. By the time they were brought to some measure of understanding, they died, and the next generation was born, and again they had to be taught. That is going to be ended. Even the children of the next generation will be born into spiritual consciousness because now that this consciousness is being revealed on earth, everyone who comes to earth will come into Christ-consciousness. Our Measure of Attained Spiritual Consciousness Becomes the Heritage of Future Generations Those of us on earth today and in times past were born into carnal consciousness because there was no other consciousness here. No matter of what religious persuasion we were, it was still a carnal consciousness, made up of good and evil, health and sickness, made up of the belief of a life-span of threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty. In other words, we were born into a material state of consciousness, even if it was what might be considered a perfect material state. What we are now establishing is spiritual consciousness on earth. Through our reading, study, meditation, and practice, we have entered ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s As a Universal Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 119K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 3, "Now I See"
- Chapter Three "Now I See" Until the importance of knowing God aright is understood there is little use of attempting to learn anything further. Knowing God means not merely knowing God intellectually, that is, through the mind, but so well that a person could almost say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see."1 To understand the nature of God, the three words omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence need to be indelibly impressed on consciousness, for without the fullest understanding of their meaning, a student can never approach God. Serious students might benefit greatly by looking up the meaning of these three words in an unabridged dictionary so as to get a more comprehensive understanding of them. Omniscience Hymns are sung to the all-wise God, and people are always claiming that God is the all-knowing. But what happens the next minute? They tell God they have a pain; they tell God the rent is due or that they need employment. In that instant they deny God, just as much as if they were to say, "I do not believe there is an all-knowing God." If they knew God to be the all-knowing, would they ever go to God with any problem? Would they ever go to God to try to influence Him in their behalf? No, once a student grasps the nature of God as omniscience, he can never again reach up to God or even dream of asking God for peace on earth or for anything else. Students of the Infinite Way should spend a great deal of time working with the principle of God as omniscience. This principle cannot be learned in two weeks, two months, or two years. How long it will take students to come to the point where they never are tempted to tell God anything, to try to influence God, or to let God know about the problem, I do not know. Eventually you as a student must get to the place where this is so much a part of your consciousness that when anyone asks you to pray for him to attain some end, inwardly you would be laughing and thinking: What do you mean by "pray for you"? Shall I tell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ges_ Chapter 3, _Now I See_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 6, Measuring Spiritual Progress
- ... Once you have chosen the mystical or spiritual path, you have no power to be either good or evil because when you meditate and make contact with the Spirit within, It performs that which is given you to do. It lives your life, and It is neither good nor evil: It is just spiritual, perfect, and infinite. There is no such thing as good or evil in Spirit; there is no such thing as rich or poor in Spirit: there is infinity. There is no such thing as health or sickness: there is immortality. When you are not living by bread alone, by exercise or diet, when you are not depending solely on money, property, or investments, but when you are living by the word of God that you contact in your meditation, you are no longer living according to your will to be good, to be charitable, or your will to be moral. This is no longer your choice; this no longer lies within your power. Every time that you go within, touch the Spirit, and feel a release, that Spirit is performing the functions of your life, and whatever function you have to perform will be infinitely good, and it will be for eternity, not just for today or tomorrow, and not torn down next week or next month by a depression, a boom, or a war. In other words, the evils of this world will not come nigh your dwelling place because it will no longer be your dwelling: it will be the Father within doing the dwelling. Do you see why it is that when you go to God, it can be only in a complete surrender? Progress on the spiritual path seems to come slowly and imperceptibly, but years of devotion, dedication, and persistence inevitably bring the goal of conscious oneness with God closer and closer. Your pure motive leads you to where there is less and less reaction to the appearance-world; forgiveness and a lack of condemnation mark your attitude toward your fellow man; the fear of death diminishes; and the ego or personal sense is superseded by a recognition of the divine Self of you and of all men. "He that seeth me seeth him that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...easuring Spiritual Progress.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Easter of Our Lives
- The Easter of Our Lives IT IS THE DAY of the Crucifixion, and the Master is seated by himself somewhat apart from the people in the courtyard. Outside the gates the crowd has gathered. These are the multitudes whom Jesus fed when they were an-hungered; these are the people whom he healed of their diseases, of their sins, and of their infirmities. Some of them he even raised from the dead. Now they have gathered to make sure that he is crucified. They have been lulled to forgetfulness of the good that they witnessed in his ministry, and evidently their ecclesiastical authorities have convinced them that Jesus meant to destroy their temple, their religion, even their God. The fact that they saw the healings and experienced them is forgotten in the cry, "Crucify him! Crucify him!" The Roman authorities are much concerned, because they have nothing against the man Jesus; they have nothing against his teaching; and they have no liking for the work of the day. This the Master understands. He knows that on one side are the representatives of the Roman law, who have no desire to perform their unpleasant task, while on the other side are the ungrateful people whom he has blessed. So he has a right to do a little thinking, and we have the right to look into his mind and to speculate as to what he is thinking. Could it be as he sits there waiting for the inevitable that he is saying to himself, "What a great spiritual victory has been given me! What a great revelation from on high, a revelation so great that I know that the words which I have spoken will never pass away. Some day men will remember them and repeat them, and these words will lift those who hear out of the grave of sin, disease, and death. "What a wonderful light God has given me! What grace I have received from on high that I should know the meaning of all things, past, present, and future. With this great light I have brought healing, consolation, and comfort, not only to those of my present age, but even ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...th_ The Easter of Our Lives.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 5, Freedom in Christ
- ~ 5 ~ FREEDOM IN CHRIST It is a very difficult thing to impart the idea of Christ wisdom. Christ wisdom differs from human knowledge, even from a human knowledge of truth. Humanly, none of us knows what truth is. Certainly no one knows with the human mind what it is. The wisdom of Christ is not in the realm of human wisdom or understanding. It is a knowledge that transcends all earthly wisdom. The things of God are foolishness with men. 1 In the moment when we recognize that we know nothing about this, and we are not just being modest, in the moment when we go to the Father and humbly say, "I don't know what this is all about, Father," in that moment we begin to touch the hem of the garment. We talk about truth, and we write about truth. We never voice Truth. Only God voices Itself. Only Wisdom, Itself, voices Itself to us, and sometimes through us. In actual truth, It is voicing Itself as us: "I am the truth . . . I am the life. . . . I am the infinite wisdom of the universe." That, in its spiritual meaning, is absolute truth, but that I is not a man, woman, or child; it is not the human "I". That I is God. And when It voices Itself, the wisdom of the ages becomes known. The power of Spirit and Soul becomes visible and tangible, and we see the dead rise; we see the sick and sinning healed; we see some body "lighting up" with a look of wisdom beyond anything of this earthly realm. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels," 2 if I do not have that divine love which takes no cognizance of mortals and mortal experience, it is not God talking. The entire trouble with our demonstration is the word "I." It is not that we would not subdue the "I," not because we cling to it so much, not because we would not gladly do away with that little "I" or ego; it is not that we would not say, "Not my will, but thine, be done." It is the universal belief of a selfhood apart from God that so forces itself into our thought that we, even we who set ourselves up as having ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, Freedom in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 133K
Find Similar Documents