A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXIII, The Inner Universe
- ... Therefore, an infinity of supply lies within you, but if you let your vision stray outside to the husband or wife who may seem to be the channel, to the position, the business, or the securities that may seem to be the avenue, you may be lost, for everyone on earth has found sometime or other that all outside reliances collapse. Whether you think of supply in terms of a supply of love, of home and companionship, a supply of opportunity and recognition, a supply of money, compensation, or reward, the supply is within you and must flow out from you, and you must live your realization of its omnipresence by beginning with a penny, if necessary, and giving it to some impersonal purpose. Supply is omnipresent within you; supply will never leave you, nor forsake you. You can never go any place where supply is not. You carry it with you just as you carry your integrity, your loyalty, and your fidelity. You cannot leave it behind because supply is spiritual: it is your awareness of God in the midst of you to be proved by beginning at once to give, share, and express it. If necessary, you have to give forgiveness: you have to sit down and search your thought and see what or whom there is on the face of the globe that you are holding in condemnation, criticism, or judgment, and forgive it or them. Forgive, forgive. God is infinite being, and God is the infinity of your individual being. Demonstrate this, prove it. Begin, in whatever way is open to you at this second, to let God's grace flow out from you. Do not pray that God's grace come to you: open out a way to let God's grace flow from you. There is a Presence within you that goes before you to "make the crooked places straight." Your realization of It releases It. There is a cement within you that cements your relationships with everybody in the whole world: your realization of that releases it. This world is governed from within. This world, this outer world, is governed from within. No flower blooms except by virtue of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXXIII, The Inner Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 10, The Mission of the Messiah
- ~ 10 ~ THE MISSION OF THE MESSIAH For centuries, the Hebrews had watched eagerly for the coming of the promised Messiah. They were, of course, practically slaves of Caesar and were not too happy even with their church administration which was holding them under too tight a bond, so they had been scanning the skies for years for this new Messiah. They thought that with his coming they would be free of many of the tithes required of them by the church and of the taxes they were paying to Caesar, because the financial drain on them had grown to be a serious problem. So naturally their expectancy was that, when the Messiah came, he would certainly dethrone Caesar and give them the Holy Land in which to live as a free people. Political freedom probably was uppermost in their minds, because then Palestine would become a political entity, free of the domination of Rome, and they would be a free people economically, politically, and nationally. There is every indication that that is what they were expecting of their Messiah, but when Jesus came he did not give them the material freedom which they sought. In answer to all the requests and demands as to when this long awaited freedom would be given them, he answered, "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 To free the Hebrews politically, economically, or nationally was not his mission, and that is perhaps the reason they rejected him. If Jesus had offered to lead an army against Caesar, they would probably have accepted him as their Messiah and their king. But that was impossible because that was not the nature of his mission. His ministry was a spiritual one, and what he was offering them was spiritual freedom, freedom from every kind of materiality. If the Hebrews had been able to accept this, it would have freed them from Caesar and from all the other bonds, because when people are spiritually free, they are physically and mentally free; but their vision did not go that far. They could not accept a Messiah with that kind of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Mission of the Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 12, 1964, I and My Father Are One
- I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE April 12, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii OUR SUNDAY MORNING tapes are still on the subject of "Between Two Worlds," the world of material sense and the world of spiritual consciousness. You are reminded that there are two worlds, although one of these disappears in proportion as you attain the consciousness of the other one. As you die daily to "man whose breath is in his nostrils," you are being reborn into the Son of God. But here you must remember, and I say you must often remember and consciously remember that there are not actually two worlds. There is only one, the world of consciousness or spirit, but there is a false sense of that world which you entertain and that false sense constitutes the other world-the world of material sense. I spoke this morning of Dr. Loren Eiseley's article entitled "The Uncomplete Man," published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1964, in which he tells of a revelation he experienced on the nature of the body which corresponds to what we have been teaching for more than thirty years. In this article, Dr. Eiseley says that all evil is based upon the belief that we are man. In other words, we are not man, and even Scripture says: "Know ye not that you are Gods 1 . . . . even your body is the temple of God." 2 We are really spiritual, offspring of spirit, and that which constitutes our material sense of world is this belief that we are man. You will remember our exercise in which you stand slightly in back of yourself with the word I, and look down at the feet and realize: "These feet are not me, they are mine." You then go up to the knees, the hips, the waist, the chest, the shoulders, the neck, the head, up to the topmost hair of the head, always declaring: "This is not me, this is mine." Then, as you go up and down that body mentally, at the end of the exercise you realize: "I am not in this body, but there is an I separate and apart from body which is the owner of this body-and therefore the body in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...64, I and My Father Are One.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 5, God-Endowed Dominion
- ~ 5 ~ GOD-ENDOWED DOMINION The healing principles of the Infinite Way differ so radically from those found in other teachings that students who want to be successful in the practice of Infinite Way healing should work only from the standpoint of what has been given to them in this work. There are some teachings in which the practitioner endeavors to find the error that is causing the trouble and identify it with the patient. This practice is called "uncovering the error," and assumes that there is some erroneous thought in the patient, which is producing his particular disease. Early in my practice I discovered that this was not true. Evil does not originate in the patient's thought, although he may permit himself to become an outlet for it. All evil of any nature, whether it is sin, false appetite, disease, lack, or limitation, has its origin in the universal or carnal mind. The moment a practitioner knows this, he begins to set his patient free. Instead of pinning some error on to him and fastening it to him, he immediately realizes, "This does not have its origin in a person: it has its origin in the universal or carnal mind." Recognize the God in Everyone If I sit on a class or lecture platform in front of an audience, thinking that everyone in that group is the child of God with the mind of God and the Soul of God and that only God lives and works in and through him, what happens? Even though the members of the class or audience do not know that this silent realization of their true spiritual nature and origin is going on, they begin to respond to the truth about them. They do not know why, but they rejoice inwardly because I am seeing them as they are in their real nature, seeing their real Self, seeing behind the human masquerade. If, on the other hand, I were to sit on that platform and criticize the persons in the audience, resent or judge them after human standards, they would begin to twist and squirm and feel uncomfortable. Why? Because I would be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 5, God-Endowed Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 9, The Nature of Consciousness
- ... You are Melchizedek, never born and never dying. This, you will understand when you realize that you are using this body as your instrument just as you use your automobile to travel around in. And, just as you get a new automobile when you need one, so some day when this body has served its full purpose for you, you will discard it and take on a new one. As your body in this experience has served different purposes and functions, so will your new body have its function and develop whatever is necessary for its activity because your consciousness will fit your body to its needs, visibly or invisibly. The Consciousness from which you derive everything is God-consciousness, and It is infinite: It is eternal life, immortality, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Therefore, turn within and seek for Grace, for the Grace that is your sufficiency, for the fullness of Allness within. You do not have to go outside yourself for peace, health, or wealth because all these are embodied in your consciousness. Forgiveness and Love As Activities of Consciousness The ministry of the Christ reveals that the divine Consciousness within you is come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly: It is come that you might be fed and have twelve baskets full left over. It is come that you might forgive and be forgiven for past ignorance and stupidities. It is come that you might have peace on earth. Forgive; forgive. Forgive all men, because you cannot enter the spiritual life until you have forgiven them their past offenses, and have also forgiven yourself. You have to close your eyes, look back on the years, and realize, "Yes, those years were full of insults to God and to my fellow man. They were just filled with sin, but now at last I know it, and I know it was wrong. It may be that I can never right the particular wrongs to the particular persons involved, but at least I can recognize the nature of my sins and be done with them. I have control over this minute ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Nature of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 141K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 11, Unconditioning the Mind
- Chapter Eleven Unconditioning the Mind From the moment of its birth, a child's mind is being conditioned by some of its parents' beliefs. Much of what parents teach their children is fictitious and false, because the parents are merely passing on to the children the fiction they themselves have accepted as fact. It is much the same as the way many of us were taught about Santa Claus and accepted it, and our minds were, therefore, conditioned to the belief in Santa Claus. So, too, many of us have had concepts of God handed on to us which were almost as erroneous as the pagan concepts that were taught five thousand years ago. But we believed them, and our minds became conditioned to such concepts. We have picked up political, religious, and economic convictions. From the moment of conception on, we have been conditioned to accept beliefs and theories that have absolutely no truth in them, with the result that most persons go through life limited by many of these convictions. Unconditioning the Mind, Not a Psychological but a Spiritual Activity When we live out from a conditioned mind and insist on holding to its concepts, we have no way at all of providing an entrance for the spiritual presence, or the Christ. Only as we begin the unconditioning process can we eventually arrive at that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 We have to watch out that we do not approach this unconditioning process from a psychological standpoint, for then we would try to search out all the untruths we know, get rid of them, and substitute for them something that we consider to be truth. That way we could be conditioning ourselves with more fiction, because intellectually there is absolutely no way of knowing what is truth. When we approach this subject from a spiritual standpoint, we do not try to discover which of our beliefs or thoughts are truth and which are not, but rather we accept the principle that spiritual truth is within ourselves and, as we learn to go within, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Unconditioning the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 2, Letting the Seed Take Root
- Chapter Two Letting the Seed Take Root Truth is not difficult to understand. As a matter of fact, it is very simple. That is why the Master said that children can receive it. "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." 1 Be as a little child, and you will be able to receive truth, but as an adult, or a mature person, you will find truth very difficult to receive. Truth Is a Seed You may hear or read a statement or a principle of truth and even recognize that this is the truth, and yet nothing happens to you. Reading statements of truth does not change anything, and you may think, "Why did I have to read that?" "Why did it seem true to me?" or "Why did it not do something for me?" That is because truth is a seed. Every truth heard or read that makes you feel it is truth, is a seed that is being taken into your consciousness. You can no more expect it to do something for you tomorrow than if you planted an apple seed today and expected to find apples growing in your yard tomorrow. If you plant the seed of a tree, it may be months before you will see even the tiniest bit of green showing above the ground, and you could well wonder what was taking place all that time, but you know what was taking place. The seed broke open; the seed took root; the seed began to absorb food from the ground; and then suddenly that food was transformed into a shoot and appeared above the ground. If you are patient, it will become a bush, then a tree, and if you are still more patient, it will become blossoms, and then probably apples or peaches or pears. So when truth touches your consciousness, do not think that you are now in heaven or that now that you have received this truth all the rest of your days are going to be spent in heaven on earth. No, you have merely had a seed of truth planted in your consciousness, and if you abide in that truth, if you let that seed abide in you, if you ponder it, it will come ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letting the Seed Take Root.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 7, Make Life an Adventure
- ~ 7 ~ MAKE LIFE AN ADVENTURE IF THERE IS NO CHANGE in our consciousness today, there will be no change in our outer experience tomorrow. In proportion as some change takes place in our consciousness, in that proportion is there an improvement in our outer affairs- either in health, personal relationships, or supply. If we maintain truth actively in consciousness, it would be as impossible for us to be in the same place today that we were a week ago as it would be to toss raisins into bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation: Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance, and the form is Its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in, or as, our consciousness, if truth appears in, or as, the Spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. All improved states of consciousness must appear as improved experience, but unless we consciously make the decision to act and live in a higher way and on a higher level, we are not going to have the manifestation on a higher level. Just as we have learned not to believe in an evil law or an evil power, so we cannot sit back passively and believe that there is a God or a law that is going to do something good in us, through us, for us, or to us. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except as we give it power through our belief in it. We can accept any belief and thereby make it a law unto ourselves. There is no power in the stars to act upon us, but it is possible for us to make a god of anything. We can pick up a piece of metal or a penny and call it a good-luck charm, and in the measure of our faith derive some benefit from it, but that is not the law of God, and it is not permanent. There is no law of evil or of good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Make Life an Adventure.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 103K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VII, The Sacred Word
- CHAPTER VII THE SACRED WORD I AM THAT I AM: EXODUS 3:14 I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. JOHN 6:35 Before Abraham was, I am. JOHN 8:58 I am the light of the world. JOHN 9:5 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. JOHN 14:6 I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. JOHN 11:25 I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. HEBREWS 28:20 Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. MATTHEW 28:20 In an attempt to fathom the mystery of God, to explain what can never be explained, and to encompass what can never be encompassed, man has used words. But words can never explain God. There can never be a word that is God. Not even the word God is God, nor the words Mind, Soul, Spirit, or Truth, for all these are effects objective to the person voicing them. There are no synonyms for God in absolute truth. Those that we use are really only attributes descriptive of God. Soul is an attribute of the purity of God; Spirit describes God's incorporeality; love, mind, principle, and law are facets of God- being; but none of these is really God. When we are done with all these words, we are no closer to God than we were before: we have not found God. And so, we go on to another word, and another word, and another word. Finally, we realize that we cannot find God in a word, in any word out here. Ultimately, we come back to the one word which holds the secret of the ages-I. I is neither objective nor subjective, and that I is the I that I am, the Knower. It is the Knower and the known, that which knows and that which is known; and I am both: I am He. If all the words that we use as synonyms for God really were God, the room in which we are sitting and repeating those words would be aflame with illumination, and there would be no disease or discord in it. But all we are doing when we repeat these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VII, The Sacred Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 9, 1963, Christ: The Unfoldment from Within
- CHRIST: THE UNFOLDMENT FROM WITHIN June 9, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel LAST WEEK WE WERE LED to the unfoldment that there are two realms or worlds, "this world" and "my kingdom," and that, "my kingdom is not of this world." 1 Also, because of these months of our work together, we must now be having the experience of truth, rather than just lectures or classes about truth. In other words we want our work to be in the nature of an experience, not a philosophy. Unless we can experience my kingdom, we are just living in the language of words, thoughts, teachings, and philosophies. In order to know the actual experience, you must begin by realizing that everything that exists in the external world had its beginning in the invisible-not just an invisible-but a very specific invisible consciousness. The consciousness of man, which basically is the consciousness of God manifested as the consciousness of man, is the invisible which is the substance and law of everything external. We know that the Chinese gave us the wheel, and a wheel is the most important part of a civilized existence. Now go back to China in your mind, and try to realize the world without a wheel. Then ask yourself, "Where does a wheel come from?" From this you will have to see that it had its origin in the mind of man, but behind that mind of man is the God- mind functioning as man's mind. So man turns within to his consciousness and he receives an impartation-an impartation from the infinite to the individual. And once man has the idea of a wheel in consciousness, how easy it is then to go out and make that wheel in the visible. Follow this principle all the way up from the wheel to the airplane, to color television, to radar, and see that everything had to be imparted to man from something greater than his education or physical strength. First he had to receive all these things in consciousness; he then took the next step of externalizing them. We have said in our work that there never will be peace on ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Unfoldment from Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 104K
Find Similar Documents