The Contemplative Life: Chapter 7, The Dice of God Are Loaded
- ~ 7 ~ THE DICE OF GOD ARE LOADED During the past one hundred years, the world has learned a great deal about the laws underlying natural phenomena; and because of this increase in knowledge, power heretofore unknown is now being harnessed and utilized. There is another law, however, a far different kind of a law that has been known to the world for thousands of years, although never understood or practiced by any very large segment of the population. If this law could be known and practiced, it would not only set individuals free, but entire communities as well. There is perhaps no better way to explain this law of life than to quote from Emerson's essay on "Compensation": There is always some leveling circumstance that puts down the overbearing. . . . Though no checks to a new evil appear, the checks exist, and will appear. . . . The dice of God are always loaded. Yes, "the dice of God are always loaded." What a statement! What tremendous significance can be found in those few words! Think back to Caesar who governed with an iron hand, to Genghis Khan, to Alexander the Great, and as we come to more modern days, think of the Czars of Russia, think of Mussolini, Hitler, and Stalin. Call to mind the all-powerful ones who could not be conquered, who carried everything before them. Think! Go back in history and you will find dozens of other illustrations, and see if you do not agree that "the dice of God are always loaded." Even though at the moment there appears to be nothing to stop the onward march of tyranny, of evil in one form or another, inevitably these checks appear and become manifest. As Ye Sow "There is always some leveling circumstance that puts down the overbearing," but Emerson does not state what it is that creates this leveling circumstance. He might have done so, because he knew what it was. It is the law of as ye sow so shall ye reap: whatever you do to another, so it shall be done unto you; whatever you bind will bind you, but whatever you set free ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Dice of God Are Loaded.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 7, The Nature of God
- ... If we hope to achieve the actual experience of God-realization, the very first thing we have to do on the spiritual path is not to accept some ancient concept of God, but to realize that God that has been revealed as love. We must accept the God of love, the God that does not punish, and even if we deserve punishment, the God who would hasten to forgive us. "Your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of these things, and it is his good pleasure to give them to you." That must include forgiveness. So you see, unless you come to realize that just as God is pouring out the sun, moon, and stars, the tides, the times, and the weather, so God is pouring forth ... Thou makest me to lie down in green pastures. Oh, the mind is so still, so calm, so peaceful in those assurances. The mind is only stirred when it begins to reach up to God to get something, to want something, desire something, or fear something. Stop fearing God. If there are any of you who still fear God, stop it. Stop it. God knows more about love, care, forgiveness, in one second than the best mother that ever lived knew in a whole lifetime. And if mothers can love and forgive and care and be tender, try to imagine what the nature of God is. God is love and nothing enters that consciousness that "defileth or maketh a lie." There is no punishment in it. ... God is love, and in him there is no death, there is no vengeance, there is no hate, there is no punishment. Just think of the crimes men have committed against humanity. Then ask yourself if you really believe God would hold them in eternal damnation or punishment. Not one second longer than it would take them to realize their wrongs and ask forgiveness. Oh, no! No! Understand God as life, a life which can't end for any reason, not even for sin, or for accident, or for disease. Life can't end because God is life, and God is the life of you and the life of me. We fear disease because we fear that it will end in death, and it does because of our fears. We know ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, The Nature of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 8, Infinite Way Protective Work
- Chapter Eight Infinite Way Protective Work Until this past century the knowledge of the source, cause, and nature of evil and how to free oneself from it was not available to seekers. Heretofore the church had encouraged its people to pray to God to keep them safe while driving on the road or traveling in the air. Such prayers have not been effective, nor have prayers to God for the safety of their children at the front in wartime while they were being shot at or shooting at others. This failure to receive answers to prayers is due to the fact that religious teachings have not understood the nature or the cause of error and the protective work necessary to free oneself from it, all of which is incorporated in the message of the Infinite Way. There is no use in praying to God to give or to perpetuate our health, our wealth, our safety, or our security. There have been too many good people as well as bad people, religious people as well as irreligious people who have discovered that praying to God for their health does not give it to them unless they find the right doctor and can afford his services. The Three O's Are the Assurance of Safety When we discover and understand the meaning of omnipresence, omniscience, and omnipotence, we will have found the secret of safety and security. Because of omnipresence, can we ever be outside the presence of God? If we go up to heaven, He is there; if we go down to hell, He is there; and if we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"1 He is there. We are never outside the presence of God. The God that is omnipresent is also omniscient, all-knowing and all- wisdom, and knows our need before we do, making it unnecessary for us to pray for anything. Here where we are-up in an airplane, down in a submarine, or on the battle front-here where we are is omnipresence, and the nature of omnipresence is omniscience, all-knowing and all-wisdom. Omnipresence which is all-wisdom is omnipotent and all-power, so where we are there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nfinite Way Protective Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter IV, The Journey Within
- CHAPTER IV THE JOURNEY WITHIN The person who is one with God is merely the transparency through which God is living Its life: he does not have a life of his own, a mind of his own, or even a body of his own. His body is the temple of God, and his mind is the instrument of God, the mind which was also in Christ Jesus. That mind can be attained only in silence, not with words or with thoughts, although words and thoughts may be used as a preliminary step in what we know as meditation, which plays a vitally important part in the development of our spiritual life. Without the practice of meditation, a spiritual teaching, whether pursued under the guidance of a personal teacher or through the study of books, descends to a purely mental exercise. Spiritual unfoldment cannot come that way. It is meditation that makes a teaching come alive, because meditation is the connecting link between our outer life and our inner Self, which is God. It is true that in the first stage of our spiritual life the only way we can fill our consciousness with truth is through the mind. That is why in The Infinite Way we do not seek to stop the operation of the mind; we never tell anyone to stop thinking, to make any effort to stop thought, or to try to destroy the thinking mind because the mind is the gateway through which truth finds entrance to our consciousness. The mind is the instrument through which we can become aware of the spiritual wisdom of the ages-Scripture and spiritual literature and teachings. It is through the mind that we discipline the body and that we seek to discipline our thoughts; it is the mind that keeps itself stayed on God; it is with the mind that we think spiritual thoughts; it is with the mind that we ponder the deep things of the Spirit. This pondering, these thoughts and words, we call contemplative meditation. The words may be spoken or they may be thought, but they are only a step leading to meditation itself. Since it is almost impossible for most of us to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter IV, The Journey Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 9, The Nature of Consciousness
- ... You are Melchizedek, never born and never dying. This, you will understand when you realize that you are using this body as your instrument just as you use your automobile to travel around in. And, just as you get a new automobile when you need one, so some day when this body has served its full purpose for you, you will discard it and take on a new one. As your body in this experience has served different purposes and functions, so will your new body have its function and develop whatever is necessary for its activity because your consciousness will fit your body to its needs, visibly or invisibly. The Consciousness from which you derive everything is God-consciousness, and It is infinite: It is eternal life, immortality, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Therefore, turn within and seek for Grace, for the Grace that is your sufficiency, for the fullness of Allness within. You do not have to go outside yourself for peace, health, or wealth because all these are embodied in your consciousness. Forgiveness and Love As Activities of Consciousness The ministry of the Christ reveals that the divine Consciousness within you is come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly: It is come that you might be fed and have twelve baskets full left over. It is come that you might forgive and be forgiven for past ignorance and stupidities. It is come that you might have peace on earth. Forgive; forgive. Forgive all men, because you cannot enter the spiritual life until you have forgiven them their past offenses, and have also forgiven yourself. You have to close your eyes, look back on the years, and realize, "Yes, those years were full of insults to God and to my fellow man. They were just filled with sin, but now at last I know it, and I know it was wrong. It may be that I can never right the particular wrongs to the particular persons involved, but at least I can recognize the nature of my sins and be done with them. I have control over this minute ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Nature of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 4, Meditation: The Key to The Ministry Within
- That is the realization I came to. For many years I did not know how to bring God into individual experience- how to bring the comfort and the healing that the Master promised, the raising of the dead that the Master promised, the forgiveness of sin that the Master promised, the life eternal that the Master promised. These were only words in a book! Then there came to me the experience that brought with it the actual realization that the presence of God ... So in our work we say that we do not heal, but we can pray-the prayer of forgiveness, the prayer of releasing our enemies. Then we can listen until God utters His V oice within us. When the V oice within us speaks, the healing or the harmony or the peace takes place. We are merely the instruments through which God's Grace flows; we are not the healers. But let me assure you that only those who attain a consciousness of God's Presence, who attain the ability to be still and hear that V oice, can become instruments. The spiritual life is sometimes called the "withinness"-the interior life, the inner life, the inner kingdom. The Master sometimes refers to it as "My Kingdom which is not of this world." My Kingdom is an inner kingdom. Remember that Christ indwells; therefore, the Christ Kingdom is within you. So if you want to receive forgiveness for your sins, do not look for forgiveness anywhere externally, but seek it from the Kingdom of God, the Christ Kingdom, which is within you. If you are seeking healing, even while you are accepting the help of the consciousness of ... The Christ ministry-the Christ healing ministry, the Christ forgiving ministry, the Christ raising-of-the-dead ministry, the Christ feeding ministry-is within you. Therefore I give it to you as a principle on which the entire Infinite Way teaching is based. You must turn to the Christ ministry for healing, for salvation, for forgiveness, for food, housing, and transportation, for healing of sin, disease, death. You must turn to the Christ ministry, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Key to The Ministry Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 2, Spiritual Discernment of the Bible
- Chapter Two Spiritual Discernment of the Bible The Bible, which is given to us as the word of spiritual wisdom, as revelations concerning the kingdom of God, must be spiritually discerned, but today even twenty centuries after the time of the Master, some religionists are still trying to interpret this hidden word of the kingdom literally, and, of course, are failing. There is a spiritual kingdom. There is also the son of God who spiritually discerns the nature of this kingdom, the things of God, the laws of God, and who knows how to live a God-centered life. This kingdom can never be entered with the human mind or human body. It must be spiritually discerned. If the kingdom of God were attained, if the things of God were understood, and if God were known aright, there would be none of the evils so evident on every hand: none of the sins, none of man's inhumanity to man, none of the diseases. All this would be wiped out in the understanding of God, because the understanding of God would leave no trace of sin or disease. Letting Go of the Man of Earth The statement, "My kingdom is not of this world," 1 sets forth very clearly that there is a difference between "My kingdom" and "this world." Later, Paul revealed that there are two men: There is the son of God, and there is "the natural man [who] receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 "The natural man" does not have the ability to discern spiritually. And so it is that we are living partly in the world of sense, "this world," and partly in the kingdom of God, but certainly those of us who are on the path are striving to "die" to our humanhood, to "the creature," 3 to "the natural man," in order that we may be reborn spiritually as children of God with spiritual discernment. To all sincere seekers, the question arises: Is there a way for us to drop the man of earth? Can we "die" to it? Can we be reborn of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Discernment of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 12, The Prince of Peace
- ~ 12 ~ THE PRINCE OF PEACE The full significance of Christmas can never be known except through an understanding of the unchanging nature of God, the God who is eternally and everlastingly the same yesterday, today, and forever. That which is of God always has been, that which has been is now, and that which is now always will be. To understand this reveals that the real Christmas did not begin two thousand years ago: it began in the beginning, before time was. What took place two thousand years ago was merely the revelation of an experience that has been continuous, not only since "before Abraham was," 1 but since before time was. God did not inaugurate anything new two thousand years ago. The true meaning of Christmas is that God planted in individual consciousness the seed that was to evolve as his Son. No one has ever existed, exists now, or ever will exist without this spiritual influence and power having been implanted in his consciousness from the beginning. The function of the Son of God was made clear through the ministry of Jesus Christ when he revealed, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" 2 -not I, Jesus, but I, the Son of God. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. . . . I of mine own self do nothing . . . 3 I am the bread of life . . . 4 I am the resurrection, and the life." 5 That was the Son of God speaking. Jesus was not all this: it was the Son of God speaking through him-the same Son of God which is in the midst of all of us as it has been in the midst of every individual since the beginning of time. Go Within to Find the Peace Established from the Beginning There is a story which tells of an ancient king who himself was peaceful, just, merciful, and kind, but who had a neighbor-king intent on war and conquest. Because of the nature of his being, the just and merciful king sent an ambassador to the neighboring king to seek peace. Meanwhile, to protect his people, he began to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, The Prince of Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Nine, Individual Discovery of Truth
- ... Many people are living miserable lives because they are sitting around waiting for love to come to them; others are waiting for friendship to come to them; and still others are waiting for justice and mercy. They wait and wait; they beg and they plead; they even pray, but it does not come. And it never can come. There is only one way in which love, abundance, mercy, justice, and goodness can be demonstrated, and that is to express them-to let them flow out, to cast our bread upon the waters. Through meditation and then by actual demonstration, I learned that the fullness of the Godhead is within me. God has fulfilled Himself as my individual being, but I can only demonstrate this in proportion to my ability to live it. If I have but a few coins today and am willing to part with one or two of them, sharing them with someone who has still less, or if I have no coins at all but do have an awareness of my identity, and if I am willing to sit and pray and realize that truth for my fellow man-for my friends, for my neighbors, for my enemies- if that is all I have, I cast that bread upon the water. If I can find some way to be a friend, if I can find some way of expressing forgiveness, if I can find some way of being more just and more merciful, if I can accept the Messianic message, "He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father," 6 and if I begin, in any given moment, to act out that way of life by loving, sharing, forgiving, and co-operating, I have begun the demonstration of my harmony. Be assured of this: God has not created His own image and likeness and left it lacking for anything. The image and likeness of God, God's own manifestation of Its own being, does not have sufficient money and at the same time insufficient health, or abundant health and not enough money. The image and likeness of that I which I am, the infinite Spirit Itself in individual manifestation and expression, is the embodiment of all that God is. That recognition is a revelation of truth, but it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...dividual Discovery of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 118K
Find Similar Documents