Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 11, The Fourth-Dimensional Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ THE FOURTH-DIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS Working and living with a message such as The Infinite Way and being on a path of this nature, there comes a time when a transition is made from living a normal human life in which we make decisions and accept responsibilities to one in which we become aware that we are not alone, but that there is Something else. Whatever it may be or however the experience comes to us, we have a feeling that Somebody or Something is very close to us, governing our life. We find ourselves going in directions that we had not thought about or planned, and perhaps doing a work that we had never before dreamed of. There is always an awareness of the Presence going before us to "make the crooked places straight," 1 walking beside us as protection or behind us as a rear guard. Whether we feel It as a Presence or as Something very personal will probably vary with each one of us. To me, It is always a Presence or a Spirit, and not often but sometimes when It speaks to me, It is an audible voice. Most of the time, however, It is just an awareness. After enough years had gone by in my life, it was certainly clear to me that I was not a writer, and yet a book came forth, out of which the whole activity of The Infinite Way was born. So it must be evident that there is Something that gave me this message, these principles, and that brought forth publishers and money enough to carry The Infinite Way around the world. That Something is behind the message of The Infinite Way, and I am merely the instrument through which It is functioning. Eventually, Spirit makes Itself evident to all those who work faithfully with these spiritual principles. It does not duplicate through them the work of The Infinite Way because that would not be intelligent. But It has been responsible for the editing of these writings and for raising up teachers, who have felt the Spirit to the extent that they also are but instruments through which the Spirit is projecting The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h-Dimensional Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 4,1963, Becoming the New Man
- ... It is only with the coming of the spiritual faculty-it is only when you have inner discernment-that you learn the great secret which the mind cannot believe. God is speaking, saying: "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 10 Only this can stop that mad rush to destruction, because now it is always possible to go to the source- that I within-for daily manna. Sometimes a stumbling block arises because when you do this, the flow starts very quickly and very abundantly. It is at this point that you fail to take time to discover the next bit of manna which is that you have not merely been given a sufficiency, you have been given twelve baskets to share with "the least of these my brethren." Are we doing it? What about the distribution of the twelve baskets? "What we surrender, we have; what we hold in the grasp of possession, we lose. Everything we release, we draw to us. Everything we loose, we have; everything we set free, we bind to us forever." This is spiritual law. If you receive forgiveness and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive love and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive gratitude and do not give it, you lose it because life- God-is an outflow, and only as we are letting the grace of God flow through us are we instruments of the divine. These are some of the points that you are apt to forget. You must be reminded of them, as eventually you will find it necessary to remind others, until they too have become fully acquainted with the new man which they have become and who is now able to live peacefully with the spiritual facts of life rather than with the material concepts. Do you not see why many of our students miss the way? When students begin to have some healings, some forgivings or some supplyings, they must quickly realize that these are not the demonstration-these are the fruits of the demonstration. The demonstration is the consciousness of the presence of that indwelling spirit, and all the "things" are added unto us ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...,1963, Becoming the New Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-09-07 14:12:48- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The Law
- THE LAW THE FIRST COMMANDMENT, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," is an admonition to look to one source for our good and it indicates that Me or I AM is that source. To this law all must render obedience. I am the one who must obey it. If I lived in the constant awareness of my true identity, it would be impossible for any one to interfere with my demonstration of harmonious, fruitful and eternal life, and if men always heeded the First Commandment, the journey into the Kingdom of God would be a quick one. Obedience to this command requires strict mental discipline. It means that every time you are tempted to place confidence in a power outside yourself, you must mentally argue with yourself (use the law) until you have brought yourself back into the presence and power of your own consciousness. This mental warfare is the law - the letter of truth - and always leads to the Spirit of Truth when faithfully followed. This, the First Commandment, then, is a law which you must literally obey - have no other presence or power than the Universal Consciousness, which is the consciousness of the individual, of you. You exist as infinite, individual, spiritual consciousness. You are not body. You are not limited mind or mentality. You are consciousness. What is this "I" which possesses body, business, home, talent, genius? It is not body. Feet, arms, legs, head - these are mine. But what is this "I" or "Me", that possesses them? There is only one "I", one Ego, one Consciousness. It is God. "I" am therefore universal. It is the "I" of me - individual Ego appearing as you, as me, as all so-called individual men and women. Individual existence is the continuous unfoldment of experience from within your own being. Nothing and no one exists outside your own consciousness. What we behold as person and thing is the idea of reality unfolding as our consciousness. There is in all the universe but one power, and I am that law and power. The consciousness which I am, the only I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Scripture_ The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Scriptural Symbols
- SCRIPTURAL SYMBOLS SPIRITUAL SIGNIFICANCE of Scripture is often revealed in the metaphysical interpretation of names of people, places, mountains, seas and rivers we find in the Bible. The historical sense of the Bible is often not correct and is rarely of much importance. The spiritual sense of Scripture is the important one, and it shows forth the laws and principles of harmonious existence. Spiritual ideas and moral lessons have been interpreted as men, events and movements, and these must now be re-interpreted in order to unravel the mystery of the Bible and make Scripture practical in destroying its superstitions and mysteries. People have considered their place of worship almost as important as the God they worshipped. The Holy Temple in Jerusalem was considered of such importance that Jews from all over the Holy Lands made pilgrimages there every year. The Temple, however, rightly understood, is a symbol of the spiritual universe or body and is attained not by means of a pilgrimage from one place to another, but by an expansion of consciousness, which then includes within itself the secret of immortality or life eternal achieved here and now. Jesus showed forth this truth about the Temple when he said, "Ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father . . . But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:" Again, he said, "Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up." The material sense of Temple localizes and finitizes it; the spiritual sense reveals the infinite and immortal Temple of your life, your body, your experience of good. This true view of Temple likewise spiritualizes your understanding of worship. Thinking of church as material, as having edifices and rules, materializes and finitizes and localizes worship, whereas, the spiritual sense of church reveals the unlimited, unfettered prayer uttered within your own being. Following this line of thought, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ripture_ Scriptural Symbols.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XII, For He Is Thy Life
- CHAPTER XII FOR HE IS THY LIFE For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. EZEKIEL 18:32 . . . for He is thy life, and the length of thy days. . . DEUTERONOMY 30:20 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. JOHN 14:2 He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. JOHN 6:47 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son and believeth on him, may have everlasting life. . . . JOHN 6:40 Immortality is the realization of our true identity as God-being, an identity without beginning and without end, eternal and everlasting: It is a recognition of God as the Father and God as the Son. To those on the spiritual path, this is not a new idea. It is the foundation stone upon which rests every great spiritual teaching known to man. But the essence of this teaching has been buried in the prevalent concepts of immortality as a Methuselah-plus existence in this world, or as an eternal existence of bliss after death. The first is merely a gilded notion of longevity. The second is based upon the faulty premise that death is a part of God's creation, whereas the Master clearly stated, "The last enemy that shall be overcome is death." It is true that, at some time or other, we all pass from human sight. Each, in his own time, will leave this plane of consciousness. Those who have no knowledge of God and their relationship to God may be forced out of their bodies by disease, accident, or old age; but those with a right understanding of God will make the transition without struggle, pain, or infirmity. All eventually will leave this plane. "In my Father's house are many mansions." We pass from infancy to childhood, childhood to adolescence, and adolescence to maturity-each state of consciousness, one of God's many mansions. Those who accept the transition from one state of consciousness to another as an activity of God, not looking back in a vain ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, For He Is Thy Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1956, Transition From Law to Grace
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Transition from Law to Grace Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews II: I, 3 EVEN as Abraham, the father of the Hebrew race, journeyed long distances in time and space, not knowing whereto or why, so must we travel long distances in consciousness to arrive at a destined place where is found heaven-spiritual harmony, spiritual freedom, spiritual grace. We, as Infinite Way students, are pilgrims on that journey. All of us are seeking a life by grace, and in order to make any progress on this spiritual journey, we must understand the importance of faith in the unknown. As human beings, from the moment of conception until the moment of death, we are under the law of Moses, which is a karmic law. We are Under the laws of nature, of weather, climate, food, race, religion, creed, dogma. We are under the law of revenge-an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. These Mosaic and karmic laws are made up of both good and evil. We do not choose to come under the law -we are under the law simply by virtue of being born, and we remain under the law until we, individually, remove ourselves from it. There are no ministers, priests, or rabbis who can set aside the law of the Ten Commandments, the karmic law, or the laws of human nature. It is something each one must do for himself by an act of consciousness. It is something you must do as specifically as you must resist the various temptations that crowd your particular individual life-by an act of conscious will. If you are tempted to envy that which others possess, it is you who, by an act of consciousness, must determine to be satisfied with that which is received from God and to covet nothing that belongs to another. If the temptations were to come to steal, to lie, to commit adultery, you would have to reject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ransition From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 147K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 9, God and Error
- CHAPTER 9 God and Error WHEN WE undertake the study of The Infinite Way, it must seem to be a difficult subject, one not easy to encompass. The reason is, we are always hitting up against more and more principles. Every time we read a book or every time we hear a tape, there are more principles and we wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it. As a matter of fact, it is not quite that way. There are not many principles revealed in the message of The Infinite Way. What seems to make it so involved is that each principle requires so many different ways of hearing and reading before we actually attain the consciousness of it. For instance, one of the major principles of The Infinite Way is the nature of God. Now God, as revealed in The Infinite Way, is not to be found in the religious literature of the world. The God of The Infinite Way is a very strange God because it is a God that we cannot pray to for anything. This is because our God is not withholding anything, and if it is not withholding anything, it cannot give anything. So right there we find ourselves in trouble. That is all there is to that particular principle: there is no God to pray to for anything because God is not withholding anything. However, if you think that anyone can possibly understand that without a year or two or three of thinking of it in a hundred different ways, you are mistaken. You might today begin to think of the sun up in the sky and realize that the sun does not give anything. The sun is shining and it is manifesting both warmth and light. It is not giving it because it was not withholding it. It is an eternal state of being, of Isness. So you can see that to pray to the sun for light, for warmth, is nonsense! Eventually, you get to see that this is the Truth about God. God Is a state of infinite, divine Being. God Is always Being, and therefore there is no way to influence God to be more of God. Even God cannot withhold Its Godliness. Now another facet of God is that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ Chapter 9, God and Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 94K
Find Similar Documents