The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm
- The Secret of the Twenty-Third Psalm MEDITATION ON PRAYER IT IS THROUGH our understanding of prayer that we are able to bring the activity of the Kingdom of God, Harmony, Wholeness, into our individual experience. If prayer, as it is generally understood, were really prayer, the world would be free of sin, disease, death, wars, famine, drought . . . all of these things would have disappeared from the earth in the thousands of years that the subject of prayer has been taught. Scripture tells us that if we pray and do not receive an answer, it is because we have been praying amiss and, if we judge by that, the world has been praying amiss for some thousands of years. The question is whether or not we know any more about prayer now. Our progress in developing a clearer understanding of prayer has been rather slow, and up to the present time it is primarily an advance in the understanding of prayer as it touches upon our individual problems. The great problem of bringing peace on earth . . . good will to men . . . is still not solved. So it becomes our work to devote as much time as possible to the study of the subject of prayer . . . to meditation upon that subject . . . until we come into higher and higher concepts of prayer. We will know whether or not we are doing that by the results in our experience. If we are touching a higher note in prayer, we will have better health, better wealth . . . more of it . . . and a greater degree of harmony in all of our experience. All too often, prayer consists, to too great a degree, of words, statements, quotations . . . whereas prayer, itself, actually is wordless. Prayer has NOTHING to do with anything that we voice . . . whether in the form of a petition, affirmation, denial or any other form of speech or thought. Rather, prayer is that which we become aware of IN THE SILENCE . . . the Word of God uttering Itself within our consciousness. In other words, we do not pray unless prayer can be understood as a STATE of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t of the Twenty-Third Psalm.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 15, Meditation and Healing
- ~ 15 ~ MEDITATION AND HEALING Meditation is the secret of this entire work. If you succeed in catching the vision of the Infinite Way, you will find that meditation will be responsible for at least ninety percent of that success. You will find that meditation is not only that which opens up consciousness, but meditation, ultimately, is the mode and means of bringing the Christ into manifestation. Many people are afraid of meditation because it has always been closely associated with the Orient. In the Occident, in our Western world, there is no such practice as meditation except among the Quakers. They have, of course, practiced meditation from the beginning of their organization. But aside from them and the various Oriental groups, meditation is practically unknown in the Western world. Yet meditation is your point of contact with Divinity. The kingdom of God is within you, and it is within you, yourself, that you must find God. For although you can be led back to the kingdom within by means of teachers and teachings or even books, these serve a purpose only as they lead you back to the depths of your own being, and it is there you must find God, through meditation. Organizations perform a valuable function in the world, but that function should be to provide a teacher or a book which would be of help in helping students find the kingdom of God within their own being. In addition to teachers and books, organizations can also provide a place where students can go for meditation and communion, while they are in the transitional stage; while they are seeking God, while they are seeking the kingdom. As I see it, there is no reason why some religious organizations should not exist forever. I do not see any reason in our age why they should be discontinued. But I do say that their purpose in the early stage of our search for God is to provide us with books, teachers, teachings, services, or whatever it is that we need that will help us find the kingdom of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 15, Meditation and Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter III, Beyond Power
- CHAPTER III BEYOND POWER As long as man has someone or something to which he can cling, he will not find God. Whatever man knows or is able to know with his human mentality-whether a thing or a thought-is not God. No one is going to find God while he has anything on which to stand, anything to which he can hold, or anything about which he can think. Startling and unbelievable as this may seem to be, nevertheless it is true. Most of us have known a fair share of the good things of life and a few of the bad ones; and while we may not have been happy with the bad things, we undoubtedly would also admit that we did not find any permanent happiness in the good ones. Many of us must have suspected that there is something beyond all this, but what? What is that something? Is it God, and if so, what is it that men call God? Is God just a vague hope, a senseless dream, or is God really attainable? Is it possible to know God? The search for God is not easy for anyone, and when the revelation of God does come, it is something so entirely different from what was expected that if a person is honest he will have to confess that it is beyond his understanding. Only after finding corroboration for what he himself has discovered as it is presented in a thousand different ways through the spoken and written word and then living with it for years and years, does it ultimately register. Religions have evolved because somewhere far back in the past men were constantly encountering troubles of one sort or another in their human experience. If they were fishermen, they found that the fish were not running well in some seasons; if they were hunters, there were periods when the game was scarce; and for those engaged in farming, some years there was too much rain and some years not enough. Occasionally, there were enemies from across the border molesting them, and at such times the strong nearly always overcame the weak, plundering their less powerful neighbors and often reducing them to the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter III, Beyond Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1959, Spiritual Power in Human Affairs
- ... It is for this reason that, even though two thousand years have elapsed since prayer and an approach to the one true God were properly taught, man still finds himself in the position of witnessing, in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War, men gathering together in churches to pray to God for the success of their side, to pray to God to kill all their enemies but not their own boys; men sending chaplains to war to pray for their side that they may be uninjured, not sick and not dead, while they send their own sons to wipe out the enemy, an enemy who has ministers of the same churches praying for this very same thing. This may not seem incongruous to you, but if you could look out with spiritual eyes at the lamentable sight of one man praying for the destruction of another, you would humbly sink to your knees, begging forgiveness that you might ever have been guilty of asking God to give you protection at the expense of a fellow being. Prayer today is about on the same level, on ... Scripture states specifically that if you go to the altar to pray and there remember that any man has aught against you, get up and leave the altar, first make peace with your fellow man, and then return to the altar and pray. Then you will find that your prayers are fulfilled. How do we make this peace? We cannot walk around the world extending our hands to the people in the north, south, east, or west, who at the moment may be our enemies, but we can get up from the altar and go into a quiet spot in our own home and there pray the prayer of forgiveness: Father, forgive them; they do not know what they do. Father, open the eyes and the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind, whether on our side of the border or on the other, whether on our side of the color line or on the other. Open the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind to Thy presence and to Thy grace. Then go back to the altar and see how effective prayer can be. At sixteen and a half years of age, it was my good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tual Power in Human Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 18, Christ of Being
- CHAPTER 18 Christ of Being DO NOT believe for a moment that if I hold someone in bondage, I myself am going to be free. That is utter nonsense! "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" is a law that cannot be broken. The only way to stop erroneous reaping is to stop erroneous sowing. Erroneous sowing only takes place "up here," in consciousness, in thought. It is determined by what I am willing to see "out there." Either I am willing to spiritually discern that you are the Christ, or I am going to judge by human appearances by saying, "Well, you are the child of Jones, Brown, or Smith." It is up to me! "Choose ye this day whom you will serve"-Truth or error, spiritual Truth or human knowledge. If you choose spiritual Truth, you begin at any instant you like-and this is as good as any other-to take the attitude of sitting back, looking out at this world, and saying, "Thank God, I know thee now, who thou art. Thou art the very Christ of God, the son of God. Thank God, I know thee who thou art, the son of the Most High, offspring of God, heir of God, joint-heir with all of us to the spiritual Kingdom." "Son, thou art ever with God, and all that God hath is thine." This earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, and it belongs to each and every one of you! Begin! Break the malpractice, break this anti-Christ, and begin to behold Christ. Know the Truth. At the same time, be sure that you do not put your head in the ground and say that there is no evil. Remember, all evil is an activity of the carnal mind, an activity of malpractice or anti-Christ; but because it is not of God, you don't have to fight it. Do not fight error! Do not try to overcome error; you can't, any more than you can overcome 2 × 2 = 5! Do not battle 2 × 2 = 5; just quietly know the Truth: 2 × 2 = 4. Don't argue about it, don't fight it, don't discuss it. There is nothing to discuss about 2 × 2; it is 4, and that is all there is to it. Do not be interested in anyone's opinion. I can assure you there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 18, Christ of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 3, Letting God Reveal Itself
- ... For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 9 In any moment, turn and seek the realization of God's continuous love and realize that in Him there never has been criticism, judgment, or condemnation. The Master, Christ Jesus, knew this probably better than any man. When asked by his disciples, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents? . . . Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 10 "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 11 Jesus above all men knew that we must forgive seventy times seven, and he knew that God's forgiveness is seventy times seventy times seven. In other words, God's forgiveness is endless. Why? Because God does not hold us in condemnation, criticism, or judgment. "Who made me a judge or a divider over you?" 12 All Erroneous Acts, a World-Mesmerism So if there are past sins, drop the penalty for them in this moment and realize they are as dead as yesterday. They can never live again unless you ... When we learn enough of love so that we can hold each other in this sacred relationship, then we will be able to go out and begin to take in our fellow man in our community life, family life, national life, and ultimately international life. The day must come when God's love will cover the earth through you and through me. In this consciousness of love there is neither Jew nor Gentile: there is only the child of God, the spiritual son, the divine revelation of God's government. Once a year the Hebrews have a Day of Atonement. On that day they seek God's forgiveness and they believe that all their sins of the past year are forgiven and that they start out with a new slate absolutely clean. The Roman Catholics have more than one Day of Atonement because every time they go to their priest for confession they are forgiven their sins and they start out anew. We do not have any such consolation because we start out with the understanding that God does not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Letting God Reveal Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 8, Let The Spirit Bear Witness
- ~ 8 ~ LET THE SPIRIT BEAR WITNESS WHEN YOU MAKE CONTACT with the Spirit of God that is within you, you bring into your experience the divine Power and Presence. The work of The Infinite Way is attaining the conscious awareness of that Presence. When you realize that It is "closer . . . than breathing" * you stop the search for It in heaven or in holy mountains, and you begin to rest. In that resting you open out a way for the Spirit to announce Itself and perform Its function. Was not the ministry of the Master the healing of the sick, the raising of the dead, the feeding of the hungry, the forgiving of the sinner, and the overcoming of the discords and inharmonies of life, regardless of the forms in which these discords may have appeared? Is not the Christ-ministry today primarily one of overcoming what the Master called "this world," whether it appears as sin, temptation, false appetite, lack, or limitation? For most persons, it is a simple thing to acknowledge that there is an indwelling Christ, but it is difficult to prove It, to manifest It, or to bring It forth. But this will follow if, and only if, something within you says, "Yes," when you hear or read of the Christ-presence within. It was the Master's awareness and conviction of that Presence that did the miracle works of which you read. All those engaged in spiritual healing know that healing takes place only when they come to the end of prayer or treatment and have an inner release or feeling: "It is done;" or "God is on the scene." Prayer or treatment that consists only of words or thoughts, no matter how sublime or how true they may be, is ineffectual and brings forth no response from the Divine. Only the prayer or treatment that transcends words and thoughts and attains an actual contact with the Spirit brings fruitage. I am not saying that you should do away with prayers or treatments that consist of words or thoughts. Heaven forbid! These are the tools you use; these are the instruments you use to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Let The Spirit Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 9, Starting the Mystical Life
- T Chapter Nine Starting the Mystical Life he glorification of a human being is never the goal of a spiritual study. Rather is it the annihilation of the human being. When Paul teaches that we need to "die daily," 1 he is not playing with language. He is very serious about that. So, too, when the Master states, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it," 2 he is stating a spiritual principle. Many metaphysical teachings would have us believe that by demonstrating health and supply we are doing the will of God. In the very earliest days of metaphysical healing, there was no such intent. Healing was only a means of proving that the principle was true, but the principle was the important thing and not the healing. What followed and still continues could happen in our work. Those in the Infinite Way who carry on a healing ministry or conduct tape meetings usually give some instruction to those who come to them, explaining the principles that students do not understand, the how and the why of them, and helping them with healing work. What inevitably happens is that if those who are conducting the work are at all consecrated they soon become so busy with healing work that there is no time left for teaching, instruction, or imparting the message. So there again begins the same old round of sitting in an office and acting as an aspirin tablet or a foot plaster to those who bring their bodies to the office. That really should not happen in our work. The metaphysics of the Infinite Way is made up of the letter of truth and, while studying that, it is natural that our health, our living conditions, our business, and our human relationships all improve. But these are not our goal. Our goal is to achieve a consciousness of the mysticism of the Infinite Way, that is, that part of the teaching which brings us into conscious union with God. If the attainment of material things were our goal, we could very quickly have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Starting the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 117K
Find Similar Documents