Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 8, Invisible Life Fulfills Itself Tangibly & Visibly
- ... One of the barriers to our progress is that we let truth lie dormant in the back of our mind instead of praying without ceasing. * * * * * CONSCIOUSNESS DETERMINES OUR LIFE-EXPERIENCE Nothing can come into our experience except through our consciousness, so what our life will be depends on what we entertain in consciousness. If we entertain the idea of God as omnipresent Intelligence, Love, and Power, good is going to be our experience. Our responsibility is to be still and let Omnipresence flow. We need not take thought or plan anything; we just live whatever flows through, which will be every quality of God. Why? Because that is what we are entertaining in consciousness: God. We do not have to think thoughts of generosity, forgiveness, or abundance. We have only to abide in Omnipresence, Omniscience, and Omnipotence, and when we do that we lose all capacity for anything but God, and God flows through. We find ourselves being loving, generous, kind, and pure, but we have not had to take thought about it. What is in a consciousness that is not imbued with Omnipresence? What is left when God is taken out of our consciousness? Fear, ignorance, superstition, desire, anxiety, concern, get, give me, help me, I, me, mine! When God is absent from consciousness, we are living a life with all the accidental happenings that make up the human experience. Only when consciousness is filled with the presence of God is it true that nothing can enter "that defileth . . . or maketh a lie." 2 Holding good thoughts will not be a protection to us. The only protection is holding thought on God. There is no use thinking thoughts of safety or security or thoughts of abundance. Such thoughts will never bring these to us. A consciousness imbued with God is a consciousness full of love, life, forgiveness, sharing, peace on earth. We cannot have a consciousness filled with God and fail to understand that all mankind is really God in manifestation. Mankind as a whole is not showing this forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s Itself Tangibly & Visibly.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 7, A Lesson On Grace
- Chapter Seven A Lesson On Grace Many persons turn to truth primarily for the purpose of finding a way to solve their human problems and then proceed to measure their spiritual progress by how many problems they do not have. This is a false measuring rod, although there undoubtedly does come a time when the complete absence of problems may mean spiritual demonstration or harmony attained. Jesus attained that after the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Too many students, however, are trying to attain it before the crucifixion and before the demonstration of resurrection. It cannot be accomplished. It must be understood clearly that the demonstration over the beliefs of what we call the human or carnal mind must be made before complete liberation can be attained. It is always a cause for rejoicing, therefore, when we are presented with problems and are able to resolve them. There was a time when I dreamed of having $100,000. I wanted that amount because the income from it would make me independent, and then I could be a practitioner without any worries. The day I became a practitioner I had exactly $250 in the world, and no human way of getting any more. That has been my salvation because now when I speak about demonstrating supply, I am not speaking from some textbook I have read or even passed an examination on. I am speaking from the experience of having proved the principle of supply. When I speak about health, I am not speaking from the pages of a book that I have read. I am speaking out of personal experience. In 1921 I was given three months to live by physicians in St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and many years later I was given only a few hours to live. So twice I have come back from the experience of imminent death, and both times through spiritual demonstration. What I have not experienced myself, I have experienced in the lives of my patients and students. Almost every problem of human existence has come to my experience directly or indirectly, and in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, A Lesson On Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 11, Transcending Karmic Law
- ... The word of God that is received in my consciousness is sufficient for my every need of the moment, whether it be a moment of work, a moment of rest, a moment of feasting or fasting, or a moment of play. Every moment of every day and of every night is filled with a sufficiency of Thy grace to meet every need, and always with those twelve baskets full left over to share with even "the least of these my brethren." 17 As I go to my rest I remember: This night will rapidly pass into day, with Thy grace continuing always throughout every moment, because I am receiving Thy manna when I sleep, as well as when I am awake. I am receiving Thy manna at rest, at work, or at play, for Thy grace is a continuing experience, and there is this sufficiency of manna unto every moment. If knowingly or unknowingly, human temptation has touched me, nevertheless, I offer myself as I am, knowing that Thy grace forgives and resurrects into newness of life, and Thy manna nourishes that life. I cannot wait to be better than I am to offer myself to Thee, and I need not be better than I am to receive forgiveness, Grace, manna. It is now, here, just as I am, that I relax in Thee and receive Thee: Thy word, Thy presence. ACROSS THE DESK Have you ever been faced with a problem and wondered how to meet it? In that moment, then, you forgot that there was only one power, and that your understanding of that made it unnecessary to meet anything. Have you ever been called upon to meet some problem for someone and wondered if you had sufficient understanding, or if you had sufficient God-power? If so, in that moment, you revealed that you did not know the truth. It is not your knowledge of truth that meets problems or is God-power: it is the realization that God is the only power. In that realization, there are no problems to be met, there are no laws to be overcome, there are no evils to be surmounted. All these constitute the illusion of sense. If you have been reading Infinite Way writings even for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Transcending Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 149K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 3, When the Spirit of the Lord Is Upon Us
- ~ 3 ~ WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON US The goal of our journey on the spiritual path is to make the transition from being the man of earth who is not under the law of God to being that man who has his being in Christ, to leave behind that selfhood which is sometimes good and sometimes bad, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes rich and sometimes poor, and to emerge into our divine state as a child of God. According to the Master, we are either branches that are one with the tree of Life or branches that are cut off from the tree. If we are branches that are cut off, we are withering and dying; but if we are connected with the trunk, then we are one with the entire tree and all that constitutes the tree, way down into the roots and coming up through the roots. We are at-one with all that is in the soil, with the sunshine and with the rain. Everything that seeps down into the soil comes up through the roots, feeds the whole tree, and then produces the fruitage. The Road Back to the Father's House Every problem with which we are faced stems from a separation from our Source, and until we are once again united with that Source, troubles are going to continue to recur in our minds and bodies. Both the mind and the body have to be fed. For centuries, it was considered sufficient if the body were fed and maintained with food, medicine, and fresh air; but in the last hundred years it has been discovered that we need something more than that, and so attempts have been made to teach people to fill their minds with thoughts of a positive nature on the assumption that the body would in turn respond to this constructive approach to life. But if we are not fed by the Spirit, all the material food we can put into our systems will not feed us properly, nor will all the mental food with which we fill the mind give us adequate nourishment. As human beings, we have no contact with our Soul, or Source, and it is only when we begin the practice of meditation that we find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...irit of the Lord Is Upon Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 140K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter III, God the Only Power
- CHAPTER III GOD THE ONLY POWER Thus saith the Lord, the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. ISAIAH 44:6 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. DEUTERONOMY 6:5 Throughout all time, scripture has revealed that God is the only power, but who has accepted this literally? Even in the Bible, there are accounts of people fighting, one against another. The teaching of most religionists of the world has been that there are two powers, the power of God and the power of the devil: The power of God is good and blesses; the power of the devil is evil and damns. Always there are these two powers; always God is battling the devil for control of man's soul; and always the question is: Who is going to win? Today it is the same story. Accidents, disasters, and sickness are explained either on the basis of two powers, or by making God responsible for these evils. How can God be held responsible for any evil in the light of the message and mission of the Master, which was the healing of the sick, the raising of the dead, the feeding of the hungry, and the overcoming of every kind of disaster. The Master said, "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill," so none of these things can possibly be the will of God. In the presence of God, there is no evil. If God tolerates the sin, disease, and death that we are experiencing, what chance have we to survive or overcome them? If God is permitting these evils, or if God is a human parent teaching us a lesson, how can we rise above them and return to the Father's house? From the very beginning of our spiritual study, we have learned that God is the one power, the all-power, and not only the all-power, but the all-good power. Is it then possible for an all-good power to create, permit, tolerate, or send forth evil? In The Infinite Way, we engage in what is called spiritual healing so we must have a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter III, God the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 7, Unconditioned Infinity
- 7) Unconditioned Infinity It is an accepted part of natural normal human living for us to look outside ourselves to others for our good, for those things which we already have embodied within our own being. All of our years on earth, we have thought of ourselves as human beings, finite and limited, limited by our education, environment, or finances; and because we have so thought of ourselves, we have brought forth the demonstration of limitation. If, however, we had known that we are one with the Father, not two, and that all that the Father has is embodied within us, we would then know that what we call our Self is that divine son of God who has been given dominion over all that is, and to whom the Father has given His own allness. Once we begin to realize that our real Self is not a personal limited self, a self limited to our personal sense of good, but rather that our Selfhood, our real being, is God, of which the human personality is but the outer form, or individual expression, then, through meditation, we learn to make contact with our divine Self. From the moment that we have contact with that divine Self, infinity begins to flow forth: immortality and eternality. SELF-CONTAINED BEING Because of our false education, we have accepted our human personality as our real self and have never looked within, but rather have looked outside, putting our faith in "princes": 1 in political preference, influence, or in the accident of birth. With the revelation of our true identity, we realize that the Self of us is God and, therefore, we can reach down into this Withinness and find ourselves one with the Vine, one with our divine Selfhood. The moment that contact is established, it is as if a voice said, "I am with you. I am going before you; I will be your bread, your meat, your wine; I will appear outwardly as your opportunity, as your companionship, as your home, as your safety, and as your security. I will do all things for you." Now we no longer look to parents, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Unconditioned Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 161K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 5, Illumination through Meditation
- ... You will live in that realization, letting all these other things be added, because the illumined mind really is the substance of fulfillment at every level of our existence, even on the most practical level. That mind was practical enough to multiply loaves and fishes for the Master; that mind was practical enough to bring forth manna for Moses, and water, and open out a way through the wilderness for him. That mind was so practical for Elijah that he was fed, even in the wilderness, sometimes by birds bringing food to him. That mind that was in Christ Jesus is the most practical mind there is in all the world. There were miracles of healing, of forgiveness of sin, of supply, of freedom, of peace that came to everyone who touched not only the Master, but many of his disciples and some of the apostles. The most practical way of life that has ever been known is found in attaining that mind. Resist the Temptation To Change the Human Picture The way of attainment is through meditation. ... He left it with God to destroy whatever was not right, but in doing so neither the woman nor the man was destroyed. The only thing that was destroyed was the sin, and it was not a thing. When you take yourself to God, God eliminates everything that is not right, and yet God does not destroy anything, because there is nothing about us that is not right that exists as a thing or as a person. When the Master seemingly destroyed the fig tree, he was illustrating a principle of the spiritual life. When a person who is indulging human evil seeks forgiveness, repentance, or a turning from the evil, the spirit of God cleanses, purifies, and removes from him not only the evil, but the possibilities of evil and the punishment of evil, so though his sins were scarlet, they are white as snow. 19 When the Christ touches an individual who wishes to continue in the evil, however, that individual can be destroyed-but not by God. He destroys himself by holding himself up against that presence and power ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...mination through Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1956, God is the Soul of Man
- CHAPTER TWO: FEBRUARY God is the Soul of Man How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings. They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light. O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart. Let not the foot of pride come against me, and let not the hand of the wicked remove me. There are the workers of iniquity fallen: they are cast down, and shall not be able to rise. Psalms 36:7-12 Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth. Psalms 37:1-9 Part One IN order to know God, to understand God, to place your faith fully in Him, it must be understood that God is the Soul of man, and that God is the Soul of you! The grace of God is universal-"for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Everyone, saint or sinner, has a Soul; and this Soul is pure, never depleted, never lacks, never has been touched or tainted by human thoughts, deeds, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...956, God is the Soul of Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1957, The Christ - The Presence in You
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Christ, The Presence in You THERE is a Presence and a Power which is always available to us, but it can only be realized in secrecy and in silence. Secrecy is one of the most profound truths revealed in the Master's teaching: Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.1 Secrecy is an important principle of The Infinite Way and forms a vital part of its message. Those who have taken this teaching seriously and have followed it have benefited beyond words. There are others who have received the teaching, but who have not understood it. In their inability to perceive its significance, they have not obeyed it, and therefore, have not benefited from it. No teaching is of real value as long as it remains an abstraction; it must find expression in our daily life. Every principle of The Infinite Way should be related to our experience and then lived as our experience. Let us take, as an example, this principle of secrecy enunciated by the Master and see how it can be applied to our everyday relationships. If I perform some good and generous act and if my friends hear about it, they will, in all probability, praise me, thank me, and speak well of me. My ego may be considerably inflated by their acknowledgment and recognition of my good deed. On the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hrist - The Presence in You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 156K
Find Similar Documents