The Master Speaks: Chapter 15, Meditation and Healing
- ~ 15 ~ MEDITATION AND HEALING Meditation is the secret of this entire work. If you succeed in catching the vision of the Infinite Way, you will find that meditation will be responsible for at least ninety percent of that success. You will find that meditation is not only that which opens up consciousness, but meditation, ultimately, is the mode and means of bringing the Christ into manifestation. Many people are afraid of meditation because it has always been closely associated with the Orient. In the Occident, in our Western world, there is no such practice as meditation except among the Quakers. They have, of course, practiced meditation from the beginning of their organization. But aside from them and the various Oriental groups, meditation is practically unknown in the Western world. Yet meditation is your point of contact with Divinity. The kingdom of God is within you, and it is within you, yourself, that you must find God. For although you can be led back to the kingdom within by means of teachers and teachings or even books, these serve a purpose only as they lead you back to the depths of your own being, and it is there you must find God, through meditation. Organizations perform a valuable function in the world, but that function should be to provide a teacher or a book which would be of help in helping students find the kingdom of God within their own being. In addition to teachers and books, organizations can also provide a place where students can go for meditation and communion, while they are in the transitional stage; while they are seeking God, while they are seeking the kingdom. As I see it, there is no reason why some religious organizations should not exist forever. I do not see any reason in our age why they should be discontinued. But I do say that their purpose in the early stage of our search for God is to provide us with books, teachers, teachings, services, or whatever it is that we need that will help us find the kingdom of God. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 15, Meditation and Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 7, Except the Lord Build the House
- Chapter Seven Except the Lord Build the House A real student of the Infinite Way feels that there is nothing more important in life than the development of spiritual consciousness, getting to know God and living the life of prayer, meditation, and communion with God. Such a student soon learns that there is rich fruitage as a result of living in this way. There is better health and more abundant supply; there is greater success in human activities; there are greater capacities revealed-mental, moral, and physical-in students who really work and live with this message. Even though students realize that and see the outer fruitage, many of them are never satisfied until they have gone a long, long way on the spiritual path developing their own inner capacities. If a person feels that way, what is more natural than to want to share the message with a neighbor, a friend, or a relative? What is more natural than to help someone else find his spiritual source? What is more natural than to want to send one's children out into the world imbued with the spirit of God? There surely cannot be an adult student of the Infinite Way who does not feel that the greatest gift he could give his child would be a knowledge of God, an acquaintanceship with God, and an ability to commune with God. The Fruitage of Conscious Union with God When a man lives consciously one with his source, he bears rich fruitage in health, harmony, inner peace, joy, prosperity, and all kinds of human relationships, not by virtue of himself, but because the grace of God hangs rich fruitage on him in the form of supply, health, home, and happy relationships. He is merely the place through which God is expressing His infinite abundance of all things. We have had years of witnessing what happens to those who live consciously one with God. Looking out at this human scene, we know that human beings living separate and apart from their conscious union with God are sick or well, have accidents or do not have them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pt the Lord Build the House.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1957, Gratitude
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Gratitude FEW people understand the nature of gratitude. Just what is gratitude? Are human beings capable of gratitude? Actually, we should not expect gratitude from a person, and if we do expect it, we shall be disappointed because gratitude is beyond the capacity of a human being. Many people believe that money and gratitude are synonymous, but in reality, they have no relationship to each other. There are times when money can be a symbol of gratitude, but it is a mistake to tie them together because gratitude goes far beyond money. For example, if we should ask a practitioner for help for a headache and attempted to express our gratitude in a monetary form, we might well believe that a nominal payment would be a sufficient expression of gratitude; but on the other hand, if we were healed of a cancer, we might feel that even if we took our last dollar and ran into debt besides, it would be a very small token of gratitude for such a healing. In both cases, we would be wrong, because gratitude for spiritual healing has no relationship at all to what has been healed. Spiritual healing can only come through a realization of God. It can only take place when an individual has so dedicated himself to spiritual living that he becomes a transparency through which God can act; and when the Spirit of God flows through an individual, that Spirit of God can heal the headache or the cancer. There should be no difference in the degree of gratitude in either case because our gratitude should not be merely for the healing of a headache or for the healing of a cancer. No, we should be grateful because we have been privileged to be a living witness to the fact that God is as available on earth today as He was two thousand years ago. How, then, can we be more grateful for the presence of God in one case than in another? The world at large does not have access to God because it has cut itself off from contact with God. Many people believe that if they go to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ November 1957, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 147K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 6, Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness
- Chapter Six Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness We can bring forth in demonstration only what we have attained in consciousness. A musician or an artist can give forth no greater degree of music or art than his acquired or attained musical or artistic consciousness. A pianist, even with a highly developed technique but without a musical consciousness, cannot ever give the performance of a Paderewski, nor can an amateur artist or painter produce the work of a master. We can express only the state of consciousness which we have attained. No life experience can ever be greater than the attained consciousness of the individual. There are thousands of attorneys in the United States, but only a few first ranking ones, because only those few have put into their work what they are now drawing out. In every walk of life a person brings forth what he has attained in consciousness. So, too, what we attain in this work is the direct result of what we have put into the work. If we have put in time, study, meditation, and pondering, we will attain a higher consciousness than those who casually read, rarely meditate, and hardly ever study. Do Not Try to Demonstrate Forms of Good: Demonstrate the Substance By the grace of God, one of the most profound truths has been revealed to me, not that I am the first one to whom it was revealed. That truth can best be explained with this illustration. If I did not have a glass tumbler and wanted to make one, I would realize that there could be no tumbler without first having the glass out of which to form it. Knowing that, I am no longer concerned with having a tumbler: I am concerned now with obtaining the materials with which to make glass, because once I have the material for glass, I can make a tumbler. Actually the tumbler was not my real need: glass was my need, for in having the glass I can have the tumbler. Let us suppose I need a table. How am I going to get one? Demonstrate it? Out of what? For a table wood is required. So ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lment Through Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 123K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 1, Living the Spiritual Life
- Chapter One Living the Spiritual Life The spiritual way of life is a practical way of life, perhaps the most practical way that has ever been known. It can be lived in the midst of war, in the midst of shifting economic conditions, and in a world filled with a great deal of suffering and lack in some parts, and in others filled with too much prosperity for the good of those who are seemingly enjoying it. It has been thought by some that the spiritual life can be lived successfully only by those who are in a position to retire from active business or professional life, those who would live away from the world in the mountains or by the sea. But contrary to popular belief the spiritual life is not only most necessary but also most practical and profitable during the stresses and strains of everyday living. The spiritual life is in no way dependent upon a religious life in the church sense. It has no greater connection with the religious life than it has with business or professional life. Yet by its very nature it can be lived in the church, in the business or professional world, or in a combination of these. The Presence of God Realized Is Your Security Spiritual living has to do with man and his relationship with God. A person can have that relationship with God on a battlefield, in an airplane, or on a barren desert island. What is necessary is a person's ability to find his center in God, whether he finds it in or out of church. If he has not found God within himself, all the churches in the universe cannot save him. The spiritual life can be thought of as a person's individual experience of God. If you cannot find the kingdom of God within yourself, wherever you may be -in your home, in your automobile, or on a holiday-you will not find it in your house of worship because a church, a temple, a mosque, or a synagogue is merely a building, a place. The kingdom of God is within you, and in order to find God wherever you are you must bring the awareness of God there, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Living the Spiritual Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 11, Joint Heir
- CHAPTER 11 "Joint Heir" THERE IS nothing quite as practical as the spiritual or mystical life, although the world has not yet completely awakened to this truth. There are tens of thousands, probably hundreds of thousands, now in the world who have actually experienced that the spiritual life is the most practical way of living-from every practical standpoint. You can imagine my joy at learning that an auto sales-managers' clinic was held at Michigan State University and that the professor conducting the clinic recommended The Contemplative Life as a textbook for automobile salesmen. This is really a recognition of the practicality of the spiritual life. I don't mind telling you that I live with The Contemplative Life morning, noon, and night; and sometimes I get up in the middle of the night to be sure that I haven't overlooked something in it. I haven't, though, discovered anything about selling automobiles -at least not directly. So it is in our work, in the business world and the professional world, in our activities with corporations, in their labor-relations problems, in the experience of students in their own business or professional lives: we have discovered and proven that there is nothing as practical as this spiritual life. If you would prove this for yourself, then be sure that you know what the principle is that you are trying to prove. Be sure that you know what it is that makes this the most practical way of life. Our work is based, first of all, on the unfoldment given to me that God constitutes our individual being. God is the life of us, God is the mind of us, God is the soul of us. Eventually we discover that even our body is the temple of God. In the unfolding of this there came a revelation, let's say. It was such at the time, and it has proven to be a very important one-namely, that the word consciousness contains the entire secret of life. Certainly, it contains the secret of life as we live it in The Infinite Way. However, I am sure you will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uth_ Chapter 11, Joint Heir.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Our Real Existence
- OUR REAL EXISTENCE OUR REAL existence is as Spirit, and only in the degree that we perceive our real existence as Spirit, do we drop the false sense of life as material. Then we see that the structural life of man, animal, and plant is but the false sense of existence; that our concern for the so-called necessities of material living has been unnecessary; that although the beauties we behold all hint at God's creation, they are not that spiritual and perfect creation; that the sick, aging, dying appearances are not at all a part of real life. When we arrive at this state of consciousness, we begin to catch glimpses of eternal spiritual existence, untouched by material conditions or mortal thoughts. As we turn from the world we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, we catch inspired visions which show forth the earth of God's creating. In healing work, we must turn from the structural universe which we see. We must remember that we are not called upon to heal it, change it, alter it, correct it, or save it. We are first of all to realize that it exists only as illusion, as the false sense of life. From this vantage point in consciousness, we behold through spiritual sense the "house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." We are apt to think of certain people as good providers, good earners, good salesmen, or good healers. Let us understand this correctly. It is never a person, but a state of consciousness, which heals, regenerates, paints, writes, or composes. The state of consciousness becomes visible to us as a person because of the finite concept we entertain of God and man. We often suffer disappointment when some people fail to live up to the picture we have formed of them. This is because we have ascribed the good qualities of consciousness to a person, and then when he fails to live up to those qualities we have erroneously believed to be the person, we suffer. In the Bible, we meet with the characters Moses, Isaiah, Jesus, and Paul. We should realize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ite Way_ Our Real Existence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents