The Infinite Way: Soul
- SOUL THE SOUL is a part of man which is little known and only seldom realized. Often those in the depths of some deep sorrow break through the mist of material sense to the recesses of their inmost being, where they discover the Soul, or Reality, of being. They become Soul-conscious, and find new values, new resources, new and different strength, and an existence of an entirely different nature. The exercise of the Soul-faculties results in breaking the illusions of sense. All human discords are products of material sense and are experienced through the five physical senses - that is, all mortal inharmonies are seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled. Existing only in this material state of consciousness, discords and disease have their being merely as false sense, or illusion, though naturally seeming very real to the senses. There are many means of securing temporary relief from erroneous conditions of health, wealth, and other inharmonies of daily existence. Complete and final destruction of error comes only through the achievement and exercise of the faculties of the Soul. The Soul is that part of man which lies buried deepest within him and is therefore seldom realized. We use our mathematical faculties and our musical faculties because these lie nearest the surface of our being, and much more than these, even, our ordinary business faculties and our sense of direction, or even our artistic sense, but artists and authors and skilled musicians go deeper within their being and bring forth the great harmonies of fine music, good literature, paintings, sculpture, and architecture. Hidden even deeper than these, yet within the reach of our own consciousness, lies the Soul and Its faculties. These Soul-powers, when touched by us, come forth from within us and reach every avenue of our daily life, giving inspiration, beauty, peace, joy, and harmony to each moment of our existence and clothing every event in our experience with love, understanding, and success. Those too ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iles/The Infinite Way_ Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 12, Peace on Earth A Christmas Story
- O Chapter Twelve Peace on Earth: A Christmas Story ne of our students sent me a most beautiful story as a Christmas gift. I can give you the essence of it but not the beauty. It tells of an ancient king who was peaceable, just, merciful and kind. The neighboring king, however, was intent on war and conquest. The peaceable king sent an ambassador to the warlike king seeking peace. In the meantime, however, in order to protect his people, the king made preparations for war. From one end of the nation to the other, factories turned out war materiel. This activity saddened his people, for they well knew the nature of war. Gradually the smiles faded from their faces, and joy went out of their hearts. Seeing this, the king prayed for some means of changing the situation and bringing about peace and harmony to his people and to the nation. One day the wife of one of his officers came to the king and asked permission to reveal a secret to him. The king agreed, and she whispered in his ear. The secret pleased the king greatly, and he told her to go out and tell this secret to other women in the city. She was to confide this secret to each and every woman and tell each woman to in turn go abroad in the land and impart this great secret to other women. So, from one end of the nation to the other, women traveled, imparting this great secret to all the women, and the secret spread throughout the land. Soon smiles returned to the faces of the people, singing was once more heard in the land, and joy was abroad. On Christmas day word came from the ambassador that a peace treaty had been signed with the neighboring king. The king issued an edict that all war preparations were to cease and that factories were to return to peacetime products. He quickly learned that this had already been done. For several weeks the factories had been changing over to peacetime products, and this was in part the reason for the merriment in the land. The officers of the court wanted to know, "What is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... on Earth A Christmas Story.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 21, 1963, Resting In Consciousness
- RESTING IN CONSCIOUSNESS April 21, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I THINK I AM GOING to make a suggestion. Mentally relax, and take the attitude that you are not going to try to understand what I will say. Instead, let my words be like seeds dropped into your consciousness and then let them mature. Get away from any mental efforts to understand, because I am going to try to say something that will not lend itself to being understood. Since this is just another in the long series that we have had, every one of these Sunday talks has been leading up to this, so that it will be a cumulative effect. It is not as if each one of these Sunday talks were separate and by itself, but they form a continuity and this makes a cumulative effect. Today should be a logical follow up and, since what has gone before has formed the consciousness with which you hear today, it will be better if you relax, let my words fall on your ears, and then let happen whatever may. You will not lose anything by it even if you do not remember, because when the seeds break open and take root, the message will reveal itself to you as if you had never heard it before. It is like a student who just wrote me that, after studying for ten years, he had had the most wonderful revelation that there is no power in effect. To him it was as though it was an original revelation and that is good, because it came from within and established itself. During all of these weeks, the nature of the message has been to reveal God as your individual consciousness. To be able to realize that enables you to sit back as comfortably, as joyously and confidently as a baby sitting on its mother's lap. You know the baby is in heaven because it has its only God right there. Its mother is that; mother is protection, food, clothing, housing, and she is love in every form. And so it is, to glimpse God as your consciousness enables you to relax and rest, and "live and move and have your being" in him. All the responsibility ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Resting In Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 11, Gratitude
- ~ 11 ~ GRATITUDE Only those who understand that God is their own consciousness and that from this individual, yet infinite, consciousness flow all things can really know the true sense of gratitude. The only real gratitude is that which is felt for the gift of spiritual discernment. All else is but thankfulness for things. Three times or more, Jesus fed the multitudes. He fed four thousand, five thousand, seven thousand. Today we would call that an act of great philanthropy. Not only did he feed the multitudes, but he healed them and taught the truth to those who could hear. But after he had fed the multitudes on one side of the sea, he felt a heavy sense within himself-a sense that his message had not reached his people, a sense of discouragement in the realization that they had failed to catch the vision. We are told that he left them and went across the lake, but even there the multitudes followed him. Probably they followed him because they were hungry again and wanted more loaves and fishes. He must have recognized that loaves and fishes were all they wanted because he turned and rebuked them: "You are here because you received the loaves and fishes yesterday, and now you have come back for more of them. Why is it that you did not see the miracle? Why is it that you did not see the principle that produced those loaves and fishes, so that by now some of you could have been producing and multiplying loaves and fishes on your own, and not coming back to me to be fed?" How often he healed the multitudes-how often he healed individuals-and how little healing power any of those people manifested themselves! How great was his sorrow when he said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, I would love to tell you and show you, but you cannot accept it." Those people whom he had healed and had supplied were grateful; they were grateful for the loaves and fishes. But that was not the type of gratitude the Master was seeking. The Master was seeking gratitude for a principle that he was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 11, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter IX, A Moment of Christhood
- CHAPTER IX A MOMENT OF CHRISTHOOD The correct letter of truth necessary for spiritual unfoldment is embodied in the principles as set forth in the foregoing chapters: Love God with all your heart, acknowledging that God is the only power and that there is no power in any effect; love your neighbor as yourself by refraining from all judgment as to good or evil, by forgiving seventy times seven, and by praying for your enemies; recognize the infinite nature of individual being, the corollary of which is that there is only one Self; begin to pour, in the realization that to him that hath shall be given; demonstrate God and not things; meditate on God and the things of God; and live only in this moment, which is the only moment there is. A full realization of any one of these principles, living and working with it, day after day and week after week, would be sufficient to transform our experience and usher us into the kingdom of heaven. Instead of attempting to grasp the full meaning of truth in the short span of a day or a week, with one reading of this or of any other book, we should begin working with some one principle and take that principle into meditation daily for at least a month, dwelling on it until its inner meaning is revealed, and it becomes "the spirit that quickeneth," and then observe to what extent our words and acts are in harmony with it. Thus it becomes bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh. Many times we let the pressure of the world rob us, not only of our peace, but of the time in which to have these quiet periods of renewal which work the transformation in our lives. If we are sincere in our desire to experience God, we shall make it a matter of decision to let nothing interfere with our firm resolve and steadfast purpose. Most of us know people who have already discovered the way to do this. These people are able to accomplish a tremendous amount of work and yet never seem to be pressed for time, but always, even in the midst of the most ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... IX, A Moment of Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 10, The Mission of the Messiah
- ~ 10 ~ THE MISSION OF THE MESSIAH For centuries, the Hebrews had watched eagerly for the coming of the promised Messiah. They were, of course, practically slaves of Caesar and were not too happy even with their church administration which was holding them under too tight a bond, so they had been scanning the skies for years for this new Messiah. They thought that with his coming they would be free of many of the tithes required of them by the church and of the taxes they were paying to Caesar, because the financial drain on them had grown to be a serious problem. So naturally their expectancy was that, when the Messiah came, he would certainly dethrone Caesar and give them the Holy Land in which to live as a free people. Political freedom probably was uppermost in their minds, because then Palestine would become a political entity, free of the domination of Rome, and they would be a free people economically, politically, and nationally. There is every indication that that is what they were expecting of their Messiah, but when Jesus came he did not give them the material freedom which they sought. In answer to all the requests and demands as to when this long awaited freedom would be given them, he answered, "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 To free the Hebrews politically, economically, or nationally was not his mission, and that is perhaps the reason they rejected him. If Jesus had offered to lead an army against Caesar, they would probably have accepted him as their Messiah and their king. But that was impossible because that was not the nature of his mission. His ministry was a spiritual one, and what he was offering them was spiritual freedom, freedom from every kind of materiality. If the Hebrews had been able to accept this, it would have freed them from Caesar and from all the other bonds, because when people are spiritually free, they are physically and mentally free; but their vision did not go that far. They could not accept a Messiah with that kind of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Mission of the Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 121K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 7, The Last Enemy
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAST ENEMY Everyone is interested in the subject of immortality-immortality here and now, in this body, not merely an immortality to be attained after death. It is in this very body that immortality must be experienced-this very body which we are now using as our instrument. We shall not lose our body, but we will lose our false sense of body and come into the realization of the true nature of body. By losing the sense of disease, accident, and old age, and coming into a higher realization of perfect body, there is no loss of body: There is just the loss of a false sense of body and the realization of the true nature of body. In the same way, experiencing immortality here and now involves no loss of body, but only the loss of a false sense of body. In our daily meditation, let us realize immortality here and now-the immortality of this body and this universe-in order that we may lose the false sense the world entertains of the body and of the universe. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." 1 That may seem very discouraging to many people. Of this we can be sure, however, whether or not it is the last enemy to be overcome, it will never be overcome until we begin the overcoming, until we begin to do something about it. Just going on from one year to another, aimlessly saying, "Oh, well, death will be the last thing to be overcome," is not going to postpone it. If we want to postpone death and finally overcome it, we must begin now. What is death? Death appears to be a momentary cessation of consciousness. But consciousness cannot be or remain unconscious. In fact, consciousness can never become totally unconscious. What we call death is but an apparent lapse into deep unconsciousness, from which we become conscious again, usually upon the same level as that upon which we fell asleep. Body Expresses the Activity of Consciousness The first step in beginning the overcoming of death is the realization that the body does not have any intelligence ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 7, The Last Enemy.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 6, Making The Transition From Personal Sense To Spiritual Being
- ~ 6 ~ MAKING THE TRANSITION FROM PERSONAL SENSE TO SPIRITUAL BEING IN THE WORLD OF "THE NATURAL MAN,"1 the human being who is not under the law of God, there is the personal sense of "I" which constitutes humanhood. You call me Joel, but I call myself "I." The "I" that I call Joel claims to have a mind of his own that forms opinions and concepts based on background, family, race, religion, politics, and education. Because of this human "I," Joel does not see or hear correctly. As a result the human sense of "I" looks out at you and, instead of knowing you as you are, immediately forms concepts, opinions, and judgments of you. If I were to tell you what my concept of you is, you would say, "Oh, that's not I. You don't know me. I am not like that at all." If I could talk to the politicians I do not like and tell them how I see them, they would also say, "I'm not like that at all. My own mother would disown me if I were like that." Yet that is how I see them. You do exactly the same thing in your humanhood as you look out at your friends, your relatives, or your enemies. You are forming concepts and opinions of them, believing that they are like that. And they are not that way at all. To each of you, a time must come when you set aside your views, opinions, and concepts, and turn within to let the Spirit bear witness with your spirit. As long as you judge by appearances, as long as you see and believe in good and evil, you are not under the law of God. Surprising as that may sound, you may as well accept it. SPIRITUAL BEING FORMS NO JUDGMENTS When you make the transition to the man who lives "by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God,"2 you form no judgments, but rather create a vacuum within yourself, resulting in an attitude of listening so that divine judgment can be rendered. Then you will discover that you never hear or see good or evil, but rather that the man and the universe of God's creating are revealed to you, and you see the people about whom ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Sense To Spiritual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 6, One Power
- ... God alone governs, and God does not share his government with man whose "breath is in his nostrils," for he isn't even to be accounted of. There can be no fear of this infinite, universal God. When you study scripture and see how the Hebrews lived their lives in fear of God's punishment, and then turn to the New Testament and realize that the Master gave as one of his reasons for being on earth, the forgiveness of sin and sinners, you know there is no reason under the sun for continuing to fear punishment for your sins of omission or commission. As a matter of fact, even if some of those sins should be continuing into our present experience, even if we have not reached the spiritual elevation in which all sin has departed from us-and who has?-even then we are to know we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of grace, under forgiveness, under God's grace, which not only wipes out the penalty for sin but wipes out the capacity for sin. Sometimes sin lingers on even after the penalty has been wiped out, but it isn't any different from the chicken that runs around after its head is cut off. It's just fooling us for a little while; it's dead but it doesn't know it. So, too, our past is dead, ... These cannot be laws if God is law. God is Spirit, therefore his law is spiritual. Then what we have termed law is recognized, not as law, but as an imposition, a universal malpractice that has been passed down to us, one we have accepted and demonstrated and which we must now consciously reject. We have to recognize frequently that we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of forgiveness. We have to remember every single day that we are not under law, we are under grace. We were under the law when we were under Moses. We came under grace when we came under Christ Jesus. But this grace cannot act except through our recognition and acceptance of it. The ways of God are exactly the ways of all God's work. There could be no automobiles and airplanes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ Chapter 6, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 117K
Find Similar Documents