A Message for the Ages: Chapter 12, Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience
- Chapter Twelve Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience The first coming of the Christ is the coming of the Christ to individual consciousness, the Christ expressed as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Buddha, Lao-tzu, Jesus, John, Paul, and all who followed. With the evolution of consciousness, we are entering the period on earth which is referred to in scripture as the second coming of the Christ when that divine primal Consciousness will become the consciousness of all mankind, universally, and the new generation will not have to be taught metaphysics, mysticism, or religion, but will be born into it. That is about to take place. Up to now religion has been on an individual scale and has been taught with the hope of bringing individuals to spirituality. Then the next generation comes into being, and the people have to be taught all over again because they were born into the same belief in two powers. By the time they were brought to some measure of understanding, they died, and the next generation was born, and again they had to be taught. That is going to be ended. Even the children of the next generation will be born into spiritual consciousness because now that this consciousness is being revealed on earth, everyone who comes to earth will come into Christ-consciousness. Our Measure of Attained Spiritual Consciousness Becomes the Heritage of Future Generations Those of us on earth today and in times past were born into carnal consciousness because there was no other consciousness here. No matter of what religious persuasion we were, it was still a carnal consciousness, made up of good and evil, health and sickness, made up of the belief of a life-span of threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty. In other words, we were born into a material state of consciousness, even if it was what might be considered a perfect material state. What we are now establishing is spiritual consciousness on earth. Through our reading, study, meditation, and practice, we have entered ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s As a Universal Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 119K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXII, Address the World Silently with Peace
- ... How few of us realize the importance of the forgiving consciousness! Does not everyone carry with him the memory of some sin of omission or commission which, if he could, he would recall or undo? Do we not all have at least some small feeling of guilt? Are we not always hoping for our own forgiveness and trying to forgive ourselves, and often finding that very hard to do? That is why it is so necessary that each one of us develops the forgivingness side of his consciousness, so that everyone who ... What a blessing it is, when faced with a sense of guilt, to come into the presence of a person whose mind is not filled with criticism, judgment, and condemnation, but who understands, forgives and forgives, and whose gentleness is such that no thought enters his mind of any harsh nature! This is having that mind which was in Christ Jesus, and as we rise to that state of consciousness, everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls love. Forgiveness is an ... Silently and secretly, we shall find ourselves looking at every member of our household and rejoicing in the truth: "I know thee now who thou art. The life of God is your life; the Christ-life is your life"; and soon there will be changes in the mind and in the body of everyone around us. Now we are becoming the center from which this light is flowing, the center through which forgiveness, understanding, and truth will begin to pour. Then, as we read or learn of this mass hysteria, whether it is ... Once we can really see this, we become, not only the light unto our world, but the life unto our world. We resurrect our neighbor from the tomb of the belief that he has a life of his own and that it is in danger. We become the source of the peace that passes understanding; we become the source of forgiveness; we become the comforter, None of us was born just for the purpose of living threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty, accomplishing something for ourselves or for our families, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e World Silently with Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 9, The Issues of Life Are in Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ THE ISSUES OF LIFE ARE IN CONSCIOUSNESS Spiritual consciousness is the opposite of all we have been taught from infancy. For one thing it is a reversal of the commonly accepted idea of substance as that which we can see, feel, touch, or handle. So much effort is put into acquiring money, property, or merchandise that the world places its value in these things. Why are wars fought? Why are political elections held? Why the eternal struggle to try to own a business or create a monopoly? Is it not primarily for the purpose of acquiring money, property, or merchandise? All the thousands of years that this has been going on, people have not learned that even after these things are acquired there is no assurance of their being able to hold onto them or that they will buy the things they hoped to get. A gross materialist does not work for money for the sake of getting money. He believes that the money will buy something called satisfaction, pleasure, security, peace of mind, or power. Few persons think that money in and of itself is valuable. Even the man who owns a gold mine is not satisfied to keep the gold. He has to translate it into some other substance. Everyone who struggles for money expects to trade it, or some of it, for those things called peace of mind, health, or power. It is the same with those who gormandize. It is not the food they care about. Always in connection with the eating or overindulgence in food or drink is the belief that the indulgence will bring satisfaction. Where the materialist differs from those of spiritual vision is that the materialist believes that he must first accumulate the matter and then exchange it for spiritual values. In that he fails. The person of spiritual vision does not believe that spiritual qualities can be purchased with money, property, or merchandise. Rather he has arrived at the realization that they come from some fountain within his own being having nothing to do with money, and that a person may have no money ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Life Are in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 10, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 2
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 2 March 10, 1963 Halekulani Hotel FIRST OF ALL, OF COURSE, is to find some way to express gratefulness for these two days of celebration we have had, two days of feast together. It is difficult to find words to express gratitude for the spiritual feast that underlies the external feast. In The Infinite Way we have watched experiences like this, in beautiful expressions of gratitude and love, shown not only to us but to those who have come here from the mainland, England, Australia. When we have been in London and the continent of Europe, we have witnessed the same gratitude, not only to us, but to the students who have traveled to England and the Continent. Therefore, what I am trying to say or to express is that not only is the gratitude expressed to us, but this same gratitude and love is shown to anyone, anywhere, who comes into The Infinite Way atmosphere. Just what you are expressing to us and to these visitors from overseas, The Infinite Way students overseas express to us and to those who come from far places. Behind these outer expressions of love and gratitude and sharing is the relationship that exists between us as Infinite Way students. The relationship that exists between us-this is the heart and the core. There are no human ties between us. We belong to nothing and we belong to no one. In The Infinite Way nobody is greater than anyone else, because everyone in this work has problems at times. No one of us has risen to become a God. Therefore, there is no one of us who could set ourselves above others, for none of us have fully attained. However, whatever our level of spiritual attainment is, it has for its basis our relationship with each other. What is the basis of our relationship? The answer is, our relationship with God. Our conscious oneness with God makes us one with each other. As I have told you before, for about fifteen years I was the only Infinite Way student in the world. Now what has drawn to me on a worldwide basis ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 2.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 28, 1963, Two Covenants
- TWO COVENANTS September 28, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are two covenants: the human and the divine, the mental and the spiritual, and there is absolutely no way for the human being to pray to God or make contact with God. The only contact there can be with God is in silence, and that does not mean the absence of noise. It means the silencing of human will and personal desire. Spiritual silence, "be still and know," has no reference to sound. Be still means to have no will or desire of your own. Keep your humanhood still and then be willing that the grace of God fill your consciousness. How it will appear in the outer form you will have no possible way of knowing. It really is a mystery, and how it is accomplished is an even greater mystery. When the work of The Infinite Way started in California, none of us believed that it would ever extend outside of California. As a matter of fact it was a surprise when the work moved up as far as Northern California, and when we were functioning there none of us dreamed of going outside of that state. Actually it was a great surprise when I was invited to Portland, Oregon! And so it has been ever since-a surprise. Only an act of divine grace could have continued moving us from place to place to place, until the globe was circled. When you go to God it must be with no thoughts and with no desire. You go to God to attune yourself to God's grace and, whatever form it takes, that is what you must follow. There will always be a divided world and an unsuccessful world as long as people are praying for things, conditions, persons. I know through the healing work that you cannot pray for persons. It has always been horrible to me to think of God healing Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Smith, but not healing Mrs. Jones. No, in healing work the person who has asked for help has attuned to your consciousness and, when you are spiritually attuned, they are spiritually attuned and receive the benefits of that attuning. It is for this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ber 28, 1963, Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 95K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 29, Spiritual Discernment
- SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT September 29, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Before we started on our 1959 lecture and class trip, I was instructed within that our students did not really understand the healing principles of The Infinite Way. For this reason I was to devote that year to giving them the specific healing principles of The Infinite Way as clearly as possible, because these principles are totally different from those of any metaphysical healing approach. This does not always seem apparent in reading the writings because we all use the words God, Christ, spirit, prayer, meditation, treatment. Therefore, unless a student is alerted, it is natural that he would not realize that these words have entirely different meanings in the message of The Infinite Way than those to which he has been accustomed. So I spent the year 1959 traveling the world, giving classes everywhere on the specific healing principles of this message. In 1960, 1961, and 1962 I was given a specific subject each year, so that the students might eventually be prepared for the higher works. At the beginning of 1963 I had already arranged a very heavy schedule of lectures and classes to be conducted from January through May, but again I received inner instructions to cancel all of these plans in order to prepare the students for that which was to come. I remained at home, doing no public work this year. I have been teaching four days a week, but I have been teaching only those who were invited to be taught, those who were the most ready, so that with them and through them the new work could be given. Since the middle of August we have recorded on papers, and in two new series of tapes, the mystical message of The Infinite Way, the message that cannot be learned with or through the mind. The message first of all develops, and then governs, that part of man which we know as the Soul faculties, or spiritual consciousness, or the Soul of man. Every individual who has ever been born and every ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 29, Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 5, Carriers of the Divine Message
- ~ 5 ~ CARRIERS OF THE DIVINE MESSAGE EVERY SINGLE WORD THAT IS SPOKEN and every moment of silence is the same thread of continuity, of spiritual consciousness expressing itself. And it expresses itself in words, in thoughts and of course, its most powerful mode of expression is silence. Truth, when expressed as silence, is the most potent. Our thoughts and words are very weak substitutes for the real teaching, the real receptivity which comes through the silent and still activity of our soul. The activity and spontaneity of Soul is best apprehended in silence. Now this truth of course, is nothing new. It is as ancient as the ancient of days. I would like to begin this morning, and I hope to end this morning, with a brief reading from some of my own more recent works. It sets the idea that we will carry through the day: "They stalk through our minds, these people of the past, leaving in our thoughts the impression of their thoughts and acts; of their desires and aims; of their hopes and of their faith-and ofttimes of their accomplishments and failures." "For us, they relive the history of the ages, telling and retelling the struggles of mankind; of its comedies and of its drama." "The philosophy and the religion of all eras pass by as in review and we watch them pass from the freedom of inspired thought to their imprisonment in church and interpretation." "We follow the flight of the universal Light as it inspires the meditations and prayers of Buddha, Jesus, Shankara, John and Paul; we see its illumination touch the consciousness of inspired souls-and again we witness the sad spectacle of this Light being chained by men in personalities. What is this Light men seek to personify? Why does not man push aside the veil covering his eyes that he may behold the impersonal savior and physician?" "Purifier of the individual soul and healer of the personal body-glorious Light of all ages - nameless, formless, universal, impersonal - oh man! Enlarge your vision and behold it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...riers of the Divine Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XI, For Love Is of God
- ... There is only one Person, since God is one and God is infinite. Just as there is only one life, the God-life, permeating our garden, even though that life may appear as twelve different species; so it is, that even though our friends and acquaintances may be numbered by the hundreds, there is only one life manifested in individual expression. We can never fear a person if we remember that God is one, that there is only One, and that that one Being is God. In that oneness, there can be no discord, inharmony, or injustice to anybody. Our sense of forgiveness is a realization that no one can harm us, because the grace of God maintains and sustains our relationship of oneness with the Father, under any and all circumstances. There is an invisible thread binding us all together: that thread is the Christ. If we are bound to one another by material ties of any nature, these ties soon become burdensome. Whether the tie be one of membership in an organization, some form of human obligation, or ... Then God fulfills Itself through us, as we fulfill our part, by bringing peace to individual consciousness. When we are consciously aware of our union with God, turning to the Father within as the source of all good, our relationship with one another is pure and completely free of any desire to get, to have, or to possess anything or anyone which someone else has. A spiritual relationship is a giving one, a sharing one, and a co-operative one. It is like giving gifts to our children, to husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, or friends: not for any return; not for any reason; not because they have earned or deserved them; but just for the joy of expressing love. When our relationship to one another is based, not on what we deserve or have earned from one another, but on what lies within our hearts to give or share with one another-not only money, but all the courtesies of life: co-operation; forgiveness; understanding; mutuality; trust; and helpfulness-then, and then only, will that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter XI, For Love Is of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter II, Is God a Servant?
- CHAPTER II IS GOD A SERVANT? To most people God is still the great "Unknown," ignorantly worshiped. How few people there are who have sought to understand the nature of God, who have ever asked themselves: "Is there a God? How do I know there is a God? I have been told that there is a God, people say there is a God, and I have read books about God; but if I had to go on a witness stand and take an oath that I know there is a God, what would my answer be? Could I swear that I really do know that there is a God? What evidence do I have? Have I seen God face to face? Have I felt God within me?" How would you answer such questions? Would you say, "Yes, I know there is a God, and this is what He is like?" How would you describe God? Can He be described? He is not like what most men think Him to be. He is nothing like anything you can imagine, or anything you can think, because any idea of God that you entertain with your mind must be finite; any idea of God you may have, you have created within yourself or learned from someone else. Stop and think for a moment where your ideas of God have come from. Who gave them to you? Is it not true that you, yourself, either made up your ideas or concept of God, or you read something and accepted some version of what someone else believed, or you have been taught from infancy to accept someone else's concept of God? Are your ideas of God man-made or are they the result of inner experience? To Jesus, who had realized his complete oneness with God, God meant "Father"-"the Father within." However, for us to think of God as Father is immediately to think in terms of some particular concept of a father. Each of us has a different concept of father-the result of his own experience. In this modern age, children often consider their parents as some kind of a servant born to do their will, and many adults have simply incorporated this concept of parents as servants into their concept of God and have made a God for themselves in the image and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter II, Is God a Servant_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 125K
Find Similar Documents