Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1958, The Father-Consciousness
- CHAPTER EIGHT: AUGUST The Father-Consciousness ALL the inharmony of human existence arises because of a lack of understanding of our true identity. This has brought about a sense of separation between us and God, which in turn has separated us from our good. This is similar to the situation in which a person might find himself were he the possessor of a substantial bank account, the existence of which he has forgotten, and because of his failure to remember, he thereby suffers from lack. The remembrance of that bank account would eliminate the lack and immediately restore harmony to his financial affairs. In like manner, a child who, for one reason or another, becomes separated from his parents and is on his own, alone, feels the necessity of shifting for himself and, therefore, puts forth varying degrees of effort to find a place for himself in the world, whereas the rediscovery of his parents and the return to his home would again establish him in his harmony and sense of security. Such is the story of the prodigal son. The son had everything-a rich father, a good home, and a well-established position in life. Then came the desire to be something of himself, to achieve something of and on his own. Very quickly he used up his substance: The supply that had been stored up for him was depleted because it was not now being renewed. The son no longer had contact with his source-his father's house. At the end of the road, he came to the realization that even his father's servants were far more fortunate than was he, and slowly he began the return to the father's house. But while he was yet a long way off, his father came out to greet him, to re-establish him in his home, in his sonship, in his heirhood, and all was well again. Humanhood Is a State of Separation from the Father Such is the story of all human beings. We are all prodigals. What is the fall of man but a sense of separation from God? It is the descent from divine Consciousness to the belief and acceptance of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Father-Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1955, Meditation for Beginners
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Meditation for Beginners FEW people disbelieve in God. Most people are convinced that there is a God, or that there is a Divine Power of some sort, but they are not sure just what It is. There was a time when they were content to believe that there was a God in Heaven whom they would meet after death, but in this practical age, particularly, not many are satisfied with that kind of a God. In this present age, the cry is that in spite of all the great mechanical and material advancement in the world, very little progress has been made in the way of spiritual development and unfoldment. Actually, this is not true, because every bit of this mechanical and material development is really the outward expression of inward spiritual power. Our greatest inventors, discoverers and scientists have all been spiritually endowed men; men who have lived close to God, and who have had actual God-contact. Many of the greatest physicists of today are in complete agreement not only that God is a reality, but that God is evident in our human world. All through the ages there have been spiritually endowed men and women who have had conscious contact with God, who have known conscious union with God, and who have brought this Presence and Power into their actual experience. Always there has been a Lao Tse, a Buddha, a Jesus, a John, a Paul, but none of them ever had wide followings very far beyond their personal circle. None of them were ever widely known, nor their teachings widely practiced-not during their own times or for long periods thereafter. Every one of these great spiritual leaders is in agreement on these basic principles and teachings: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you; Thou shalt not kill; Thou shalt not steal; Thou shalt not commit adultery; Thou shalt have one God. They did not teach that we all be of the same race, color or creed-they taught the principles of live, let live; love, share, co-operate. If the several hundred million who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, Meditation for Beginners.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter X, Reality and Illusion
- CHAPTER X REALITY AND ILLUSION To recognize that we live in two worlds, the world created by the five physical senses and the world of Consciousness, is to bring ourselves closer and closer to illumination. In the first chapter of Genesis, God made man in His own image and likeness, without any help from anyone. This pure spiritual birth, this immaculate conception, is God manifesting and expressing Himself and His qualities, Consciousness revealing Itself as form. This is pure, unadulterated, spiritual creation, the immaculate conception of man and the universe, God, the infinite Life expressing Itself individually without any material forms, processes, or systems. In the second chapter of Genesis, God not only creates but He miscreates, and because of His mistakes, He has to do it over and over again. First, He "formed man of the dust of the ground," then, He brought woman forth from man's rib, and finally He decided to bring man and woman together for the purpose of creation. Is it reasonable to believe that the infinite Intelligence of this universe needed to make two attempts at creation? This man of earth, "the natural man" who is not under the law of God, "neither indeed can be," is not a man at all: he is a mythical creation of the human mind, of the five physical senses. To make clear how this mind creates, let us examine how it has created a man- made God. Close your eyes for a moment, and take the word God into your consciousness. Do you believe that this is God, or is this not a projection of your mind? Has this God any power? Is there really such a Presence, or is this just a self-created image of your own thinking? Let us go further afield and let us attempt to decide what God is. Instantly to our thought comes an answer, but the answer is not truth, and the answer is not God because the answer is a projection of our background. Anyone who has been an orthodox Christian almost immediately thinks of Jesus Christ. If one's background is Hebrew, he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, Reality and Illusion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled
- ~ 4 ~ TRUTH UNVEILED Every book of spiritual wisdom you have read has brought about a greater spiritualization of your consciousness, what might be called the peeling off of the onion skin, or the refining of consciousness. Each book, each class, and each principle taken into consciousness has prepared you for the one ahead, leading to greater unfoldment and toward that "act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness." 1 Always, since my first spiritual experience, living in two worlds has been difficult for me-living in that higher Consciousness and then coming down to earth, going back into that Consciousness and coming back down to earth-but never was it as difficult as in 1963. That year marked another period of initiation for me, but, even though in 1962 I knew it was to be, I had no knowledge of its intensity, its length, or the nature of the message that would be revealed. It is not unnatural, therefore, that that year should have revealed the higher unfoldment, the higher Consciousness. This you will understand as you study the work that came through during this period. With each successive unfoldment, something was breaking through, leading to the teaching of going beyond words and thoughts, of going beyond the mind. This idea you will find in all the 1963 work, 2 revealing the nature of life as it is lived when you go beyond the mind and beyond thoughts: beyond taking thought, beyond reasoning. This is the revelation of the nature of Sabbath and of Grace. A work of this kind leads to the highest point in consciousness that has yet been revealed in the Infinite Way, and it would seem that it is the high point in the revelation of both Moses and Jesus, and probably also that of Buddha. The Middle Path The fleshly sense of man cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, Spirit. The healthy fleshly sense is as illusory as the sickly sense, and the sense of good man is as illusory as the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Truth Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 10, Dominion
- Chapter Ten Dominion In the beginning God gave us dominion, an unlimited dominion over everything between the skies and the bottom of the seas. That dominion is never dominion over anything or anybody. It is always a dominion over ourselves, and when the Bible says that God gave us dominion over everything in the earth, above the earth, and beneath the earth, it means that we have dominion over our consciousness and over everything within our consciousness. Since the entire universe exists within our consciousness, by having dominion over ourselves, we automatically have dominion over everything that pertains to our lives. We Have Surrendered the Dominion Given Us This dominion that was given to us in the beginning, we have completely lost, not partially but completely. As human beings, we have no dominion over the weather, the climate, food, or over germs. We should have, but we do not have, because we voluntarily surrender our dominion and freedom for a temporary moment of peace. One of the men most responsible for the freedoms we have in the United States and one to whom we owe the most, Thomas Jefferson, said that democracy must in the end fail, that people will lose their freedom; they will surrender it; and they have. Gradually, bit by bit, we have let somebody come along and take our freedom from us, and always the reason is the same, a little temporary peace. We could go through one phase after another of our life and watch how we have surrendered certain privileges and certain liberties. Even in our home life, we do that, that is, the human world does. If there is one dominating member of a family, gradually all the others will surrender a little here and a little there, until the one with the most dominating personality is running the whole nest. Dominion is something that is given to us by God, and therefore we always have it. It has never been taken away from us. The only thing that has been taken away from us is the exercise of our dominion, and that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...First_ Chapter 10, Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 1, True Prayer, The Source Of Our Good
- ~ 1 ~ TRUE PRAYER, THE SOURCE OF OUR GOOD THE FIRST TIME that a person ever came to me for healing and asked, "Will you pray for me?" was when I knew nothing about prayer except the well-known childhood prayer, "Now I lay me down to sleep." Although not a very grown-up prayer or a deeply spiritual one, for many years it helped to put me to sleep at night. The reason for this would later become clear, after I had gained some understanding of prayer. I was going to sleep; I was going to become unconscious; I was going to enter a state in which I could not take care of myself; and by laying myself down to sleep and placing myself in God's hands, I was throwing the responsibility off myself, thus enabling me to relax in His care. That is about as high a form of prayer as there is-not the words, but that attitude of "Father, I am going to be asleep. Anything can happen in my sleep, and I will not be around to protect myself. So now, as I lay me down to sleep, please take care of me. Take over while I am out." That attitude is a surrender, virtually saying, "I can of my own self do nothing while I am asleep, so, Father, You take over." It is the surrender of any dependence on material resources; it is throwing oneself completely on the spiritual. Let me therefore tell you what happened when that first person asked me to pray for him. I closed my eyes and said, "Father, You know that I do not know how to pray, so what is the next step?" Instantly, a voice came back and said, "Man cannot heal," and the whole responsibility dropped away from me. I still did not feel that I was praying and I still did not know how to pray. But you can see that I really was praying the very moment I acknowledged that I did not know how to pray. Paul prayed much the same prayer when he said, "For we know not what we should pray for as we ought." 1 That is one of the highest forms of prayer ever conceived by man-not that the words will do anything for anyone. If, however, you have the feeling ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...yer, The Source Of Our Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 115K
Find Similar Documents