Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 10, The Invisible
- Chapter Ten The Invisible Contemplative meditation can be a starting point for all meditation and can make it possible for a person to ease into a deeper form of meditation. That does not mean that there are not some persons already sufficiently adept in the art of meditation so that they no longer have to use the contemplative form as a first step. But these persons are few and far between. Unless you are among those in that category, it is wise to read the Bible or a spiritual or inspirational book for a few minutes until some particular idea or principle becomes uppermost in your mind. Then put the book aside and begin a contemplative meditation in which in all likelihood you will contemplate some truth that has struck you through what you have read. It might be a scriptural passage such as: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 1 Now contemplate that for a moment: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." Where is the spirit of the Lord? Is It not where I am? If I mounted up to heaven, would I not find the spir- it of the Lord there? If I made my bed in hell, would I not find the spirit of the Lord there? If "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"2 there, too, I will find the spirit of the Lord, for the Lord is where I am, and the Lord, the presence of God, fills all space. It fills this space where I am. And even more important than that is the truth that "the kingdom of God is within"3 me, so the presence of God is within me. Yes, the presence of God, closer than breathing, is within me. The spirit of God is within me. Here where I am, the spirit of the Lord is, and "where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." So right here where I am, there is liberty. I cannot be bound; I cannot be limited, I cannot be circumscribed, for where God is, I am. And where God is, there is liberty; there is freedom, peace, and fulfillment. In the presence of God is fulfillment, and that presence is where I am. Therefore, here where I am ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 10, The Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 13, Solving Individual Problems
- ~ 13 ~ SOLVING INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, and there is no spiritual life. Throughout the ages, the worship of God as something or someone far-off and the worship of a God who must be appealed to, petitioned, or told our needs has prevented us from experiencing the presence and power of God. Today, we have made a real advance spiritually because we are beginning to understand that God is divine consciousness, life eternal, and even more than this, that God is the life and the consciousness of individual you and me. God is not only principle, Soul, or consciousness, but the consciousness and Soul of each and every one of us, the very Spirit, animating principle, and law of our being. Unless a person clearly perceives the truth of Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 he will not understand why and how it is that all that the Father has is his. The longer we perpetuate God as something separate and apart from ourselves, the longer will we be seeking to get our allness from a God somewhere outside of us. In proportion, however, as we realize that God is closer to us than breathing, and that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you 2 . . . I and my Father are one 3 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 4 will we understand that all that the Father has is ours. In that realization, we are able to give up fear. We all know the terrors of fear, so it is natural to ask, "How can I lose fear? How can I give up my fear?" There is only one way, and that is to know God as the very reality of our being. If we know God to be our life, how then can we fear for our life, for our supply, or for our security? It is our realization of our oneness with God which constitutes our safety and security, our health, longevity, immortality and eternality. In no way can we overcome fear as long as we believe that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Solving Individual Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 9, Starting the Mystical Life
- T Chapter Nine Starting the Mystical Life he glorification of a human being is never the goal of a spiritual study. Rather is it the annihilation of the human being. When Paul teaches that we need to "die daily," 1 he is not playing with language. He is very serious about that. So, too, when the Master states, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it," 2 he is stating a spiritual principle. Many metaphysical teachings would have us believe that by demonstrating health and supply we are doing the will of God. In the very earliest days of metaphysical healing, there was no such intent. Healing was only a means of proving that the principle was true, but the principle was the important thing and not the healing. What followed and still continues could happen in our work. Those in the Infinite Way who carry on a healing ministry or conduct tape meetings usually give some instruction to those who come to them, explaining the principles that students do not understand, the how and the why of them, and helping them with healing work. What inevitably happens is that if those who are conducting the work are at all consecrated they soon become so busy with healing work that there is no time left for teaching, instruction, or imparting the message. So there again begins the same old round of sitting in an office and acting as an aspirin tablet or a foot plaster to those who bring their bodies to the office. That really should not happen in our work. The metaphysics of the Infinite Way is made up of the letter of truth and, while studying that, it is natural that our health, our living conditions, our business, and our human relationships all improve. But these are not our goal. Our goal is to achieve a consciousness of the mysticism of the Infinite Way, that is, that part of the teaching which brings us into conscious union with God. If the attainment of material things were our goal, we could very quickly have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Starting the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 14, 1963, There Is Only One God Consciousness
- ... It is given to all those students who have been with The Infinite Way writings and recordings for enough years that the letter of truth is established within them and they can enter the period of opening their consciousness to the experience. For years you have read that The Infinite Way is not a message, it is an experience, but today you must realize that the time to demonstrate the experience is here for you. This is not so for beginning students; they may have to go through a period of preparation. However, it will not be as long as your period of preparation for this reason: The degree of your attainment lessens the period of their preparing. Each one of you could take that word I and ask yourself: "Is there anything to me except conscious awareness?" In the physical realm you are conscious of your body and you are conscious of the body of others. You are conscious of the body of ocean and the body of stars, and you are aware of the body of edifices. Then you go up higher into the mental realm and find that you are aware of brotherly love, justice, mercy, benevolence, forgiveness, and you are aware of the ideas and ideals. Why not take the next step and realize: "I can be aware of the things of God because there is an area of my consciousness which is the child of God, otherwise I could not unfold it or disclose it." Do not be impatient. The Way is straight and narrow but, knowing there is a part of you that is the child of God, you can afford to be patient. There is an area of divinity incorporated in your consciousness; there is an area of your consciousness which is heaven; there is an area of your consciousness in which an angel dwells. It must be loosed, it must be released, it must ascend. Pay no attention to the mistakes of your humanhood because this will keep you out of the kingdom of heaven. Remember that you are trying to reach your divinity, that which never had humanhood. The Master revealed: "The kingdom of God is within you." 4 The realm of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Only One God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 4, Science of Creation
- ~ 4 ~ SCIENCE OF CREATION We never attempt anything without meditation. We never begin any work without going into the depths of our being to make conscious contact with God. We are one with God-"I and my Father are one" 1 -but that oneness is of no help to us, except in the degree of our realization of it. There must be a conscious awareness of our oneness. This does not mean merely declaring, "I and my Father are one," stating or affirming it while we are grabbing our hat and coat to rush downtown. Something happens to us when we go within and make the contact for that feel of the Presence. It is an experience as vibrant and alive as an electric contact. In our humanhood, we are cut off from the Source. That is what constitutes humanhood: a selfhood apart from God, a selfhood separate from God. But humanhood is a dream. We are never really separate from God, even though the effect on us is the same as if we were. To rise above humanhood, that is, above the experiences of a human being and human events, it becomes necessary, actually, for us to feel that we have God within our own being-to make a God- contact. For that reason, in all my writings you will find that attention is called to the necessity of beginning with this conscious awareness in the morning and continuing with it throughout the day until sleep comes at night, abiding constantly in the consciousness of the presence of God. Heretofore, we have for the most part, been satisfied to learn something of truth from a book, or to make some affirmations. From this time on, that will not suffice. At some time during the day and during the night, you must make this conscious contact with the inner Being, which we call God. Then, for the rest of the night, you can abide in that. But make that contact; make it a reality. In proportion as you consciously make that contact, your life will be rebuilt. In proportion as you learn to turn within before undertaking anything, whether it is writing, cooking, speaking, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, Science of Creation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 2, Barriers to Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ BARRIERS TO SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT As human beings we all want or need something, and it is the desire for that something that blocks our spiritual development. It is the desire or need for something apart from God that sets up within us a sense of separation from Him, or leads us to believe that we could be satisfied with something other than the presence and power of God. The very desire for something good, something as good as to be of service, is a barrier to spiritual development for we have no right to want anything, even to want to do good. We have only one right: to want to know God. Then, if God places us in some form of service-teaching, healing, nursing, painting, writing plays or books, or whatever it may be-we perform our work with joy and gladness because we are permitting ourselves to be transparencies through which God can shine. But for us to desire to do any of these things would be to glorify ourselves, and that is wrong. It is difficult to live the spiritual life because in the human picture we are continuously desiring something-to be something, to do something, to benefit or to bless someone-and that is the barrier to spiritual development. The dissolving of the barrier comes with the relinquishment of our desires, wants, wishes, or outlining, so that we can go to God pure, not asking for supply, companionship, or to be of service, but asking only that God's grace be established in us, that God envelop and permeate us, that we may come to know Him aright, realize our oneness with Him, and thereby become consciously one with the creative Principle of our being. That is all. We, then, have no further needs, no further wants, no further desires. The Fruitage of Conscious Oneness with God To live in conscious union with God draws to us all that is necessary to fulfill our experience as long as we do not outline what that experience is to be or desire it to unfold in some particular way. That union with God, acting through us, forces us into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers to Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents