Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 3, God Revealing the Infinity of Being
- ~ 3 ~ GOD REVEALING THE INFINITY OF BEING The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:17 We are surrounded at all times by what Scripture calls "angels," which hover about us always. Within us are those divine ideas or spiritual impulses which guide, lead, and direct us, even though as human beings we are not aware of them. As human beings, brought up with the ordinary church experience or with no church at all, we are not aware of the fact that we are constantly under divine government, divine guidance. In reality we are under the law of the Spirit of God, and under the spirit of the law of God. In practice, we walk around like the Prodigal, thinking, "I, of mine own self, am something and I am going out into the world to make a name for myself, to earn a living for myself, and to become something great of and by myself." Thereby, we set up a counterfeit identity and develop concern about the health, wealth, success, and contacts of this counterfeit identity. Yet, all the time, even though probably we have never thought of it, we have been completely surrounded by an atmosphere of love and completely enveloped in divine Being. As a matter of fact, we are divine Being. We are the Father-consciousness Itself, but we have walked about in the world, believing that consciousness to be something small, finite, insignificant, and unimportant. The purpose of this ministry is to bring us back to the Father's house, back to a consciousness of the presence and power of God. We are in this work but for one purpose-to be led back to the kingdom of our own consciousness in which God is manifested as divine wisdom, as divine love, as life, truth, permanence, immortality, and eternality. Synonyms for God For a moment, let us consider the synonyms for God, taking just a few with which we are familiar. We know God as infinite being, and therefore, we take each of the synonyms for God as representing the allness and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aling the Infinity of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 146K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 7, Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace
- Chapter Seven Material Sense of Demonstration or the Unfoldment of Grace Two aspects of life confront us on the spiritual path: the material sense of life, made up of good and evil, with more evil than good and the good sometimes turning to evil, and the spiritual consciousness of life which is neither good nor evil but is wholly spiritual, wholly the offspring or activity of God. In reality we are not dealing with two powers. We are dealing with material sense and its claim to power and with spiritual consciousness which is the only power. Along with the rest of the world we are being faced with a material sense of world: material powers and mental powers. But having learned something of the nature of spiritual power and spiritual reality, we can reveal the nothingness of this material sense of world. The Master gave us a glimpse of this in his statement, "My kingdom is not of this world."1 In other words, the spiritual kingdom is not of the material world. When normal, ordinary, material methods are used to get the things a person desires, wants, or needs, and these fail, he turns to Spirit and tries to get from Spirit improved matter and improved material conditions. He tries to use the power of Spirit to nullify the powers of mind and matter. Therein lies the first mistake. At one time mind was looked upon as a power over matter, but the impossibility of this is evident to those who realize that what the world calls matter really is mind. The substance of matter is mind. Matter is the visible form of invisible mind. It is not that mind is a power over matter or that thought is a power over material conditions. It is that mind itself constitutes matter and material conditions, and the more mind is used for good purposes, the more good matter appears because mind and matter are one. The more evil or error there is in the mind, the more erroneous matter there is because mind and matter are one. Mind is the substance and matter is the form, just as glass is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... or the Unfoldment of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 8, Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Fruitage through Understanding The Infinite Way is a revelation of specific principles, each of which is startling, radical, and so contrary to what has been accepted for centuries that there is little wonder that many do not understand the importance of them, and therefore the fruitage is not forthcoming. So the question must naturally arise: Do I understand the principles of the Infinite Way, and am I practicing them? With the understanding and practice of them will come the realization that is necessary before the student on this path can experience the fulfillment inherent in the principles. Surrendering Concepts Whatever good is to appear in your outer experience must first be experienced within. There can be no change in the outer experience without an inner spiritual experience. There could be some healings of a mental, moral, physical, or financial nature due to the consciousness of a teacher, but that would not really be your demonstration. A teacher is only a help on the way. The real demonstration comes with your own experience, and in the beginning that experience can be difficult, sometimes even painful, because it means the surrender of many preconceived beliefs, opinions, and theories. Conditioned as you and I have been for so many centuries it is not easy to give up our cherished beliefs and to strip ourselves of them. Therein lies the difficulty. Students can accept the new, but they cannot surrender the old; and thereby they set up a warfare within themselves, the warfare between the flesh and the Spirit, which really means a warfare between truth and ignorance. Ignorance is the barrier to the spiritual life, and what a person has accepted in mind, in thought, or in belief constitutes the barrier. So before anything else, the light of truth must have the opportunity of dispelling the darkness, the ignorance that he has held in mind. Seeking Spiritual Fruitage One of the most difficult places in your spiritual journey is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage through Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 8, Not Good or Evil
- CHAPTER 8 Not Good or Evil I SUPPOSE THAT if we have a hard job to do, we might as well do it first. Let's get to the most difficult part of our work at once. Those of you who are familiar with religious literature or metaphysical literature know that all spiritual living is based on the overcoming of self; what Paul calls dying daily, being reborn of the Spirit. The religious literature of the world is in agreement that the only devil there is, is ourselves. By "ourselves" I mean my Joel self, your Bill self, your Mary self. It is that part of you or me which insists on being catered to, that part of us which can have hurt feelings or hurt bodies, that part of us which can have fears one day and joys another day. Now ordinarily in our physical world, you think it is quite enough if you can get rid of negative aspects of yourself. That is, you want to overcome your bad traits, sins, diseases, and the like, and hold on to all the good ones. That, in ordinary religion, is the hope. You stop being a bad human and begin becoming a good one. You stop being sick and become well. You stop your bad temper and have a good temper. However, that has no relationship to true religion or a spiritual way of life. In the spiritual way of life, you don't have any good world any more than you have a bad world. If anyone accuses you of having a good world, you say with the Master, Why callest thou me good? There is only One good." If they complain about the bad one, You can say with Paul, "The good I would, I do not, not because I am bad, but because I find a bad power in me." So we unload our bad only on the condition that we don't try to retain good, since that would only make us little better than good church-members. Of course, in our lifetime, church-and especially the right sense of church- can be a great blessing to us. For instance, we are in church whenever we are assembled in a place for the purpose of communion with God, where two or more can be together as spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Not Good or Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Unveiling the Christ
- UNVEILING THE CHRIST I FIND IT NECESSARY to repeat that you will make no headway spiritually until you acknowledge that the Mind of you is the only law unto your affairs. There is nothing outside or apart from you acting upon your health or body. If there is discord or inharmony, you yourself must realize that the mesmerism of sense cannot use you as a target or victim. True, the error of sense is not personal; it is not you who are the sinner or wrong thinker - yet it is you who are accepting some suggestion, which in turn is manifested as sin or fear or disease. Sometimes evil comes to us in the guise of good. Assuming the troubles and burdens of others is one beautiful way to let in discords. Our task should be the realization of the freedom of everyone - even those who appear outwardly in bondage to sense. To sympathize or pity them is to accept the condition as real, and this opens our thought to many errors. In one way or other you are accepting the suggestion of error - and usually it is through some form of human love or hate. Wake up. I mean wake up this minute. See your human love or hate as mesmeric suggestion. See it for what it is and stop being handled by it. Stop your sympathy and pity for the embattled Greeks or the starving Armenians or the persecuted Jews. This will not make you hardhearted, but it will enable you to pierce the veil of illusion and thus help the receptive thought. Your sympathy will only fasten the condition more firmly in thought. If you pity your patient, you will not heal him. "Loose him and let him go" - or can't you do that? In connection with the affairs of the world today, we need to remember certain Biblical laws, which ordinarily are not thought of in connection with national and international events. For instance, "whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This is taught as a law of Christ. Is this law really binding upon you? Is it binding upon men individually and collectively? Is it true that if we sow seeds ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Unveiling the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 3, The Real Self
- ~ 3 ~ THE REAL SELF Whatever of truth we have is mind expressing itself, and mind always places itself where it can best serve mankind. "Christ, or the spiritual idea, appeared to human consciousness as the man Jesus." 1 This Christ is the healer. It appears to human consciousness as man or woman, but it is, nevertheless, the Christ, or spiritual idea, regardless of appearances. "Judge not according to the appearance." 2 Do you see? All that I have or am is mind appearing to human consciousness as a person. This is true of all, and the recognition of this truth is your Christ and my Christ. Error claims to appear as a sick, poor, dying, sinning, ungrateful person, but it is neither person, place, nor thing; it is illusion, claim, or belief, regardless of whatever form it may seem to assume. Man is never the belief or the claimant. Therefore, man has never had a belief. That which appears as man is Christ, and is joyous, successful, harmonious, incorporeal, eternal, immortal, universal. It is not so much the thoughts you think that will have healing power, but what ideas of mind you can become receptive to. This is the Word of God, and it will do all that you expect of it. In other words, sit quietly and listen to the "still, small voice," knowing that mind will reveal a truth which will cause even the dead to rise. The necessary truth to bring this about is within your consciousness. It is the "Father within"; in fact, this truth is your consciousness-the consciousness that "constructs a better body" as you trust it. In Jesus' parable of the servants and the talents given them by their master, he says, "For unto every one that hath shall be given and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." 3 And so it is with us, until we utilize every bit of truth we possess, we will lose even that which we believe we have. Also, from him that hath much is expected. You have learned much of truth, and if you lay it aside it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 3, The Real Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: From Law to Grace
- FROM LAW TO GRACE "EXCEPT the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." That which you receive through spiritual sense comes as the grace of God, and only this is important. Always, you must remind yourself of this because it is impossible to learn spiritual reality. The mind is not capable of digesting spiritual truth. Regardless of the words you hear or the statements you read, they are less than nothing in your experience until there is a realization within of the Truth of which the words can only speak. Literal interpretation of Scripture has created a God in a place called heaven, often pictured as if above the clouds over us; and likewise a God within some favored Son, such as Krishna and Jesus. This has brought about the belief of separation between God and you, making the sense of duality which is responsible for every sin, disease and discord on earth. "I AM THAT I AM," reveals Moses. "I and my Father are one" - "he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me," teaches Jesus. "I am that," insists the Advaita of India. The consciousness of the oneness of God and you, which we now interpret as God appearing as you, restores the lost truth of all Scripture, reestablishes health, harmony, completeness and thereby ends discord and limitation. Exalting any of the historical characters of the world Bibles prevents the recognition of the Christ Being which you are. Looking outside yourself for the source of grace, you lose the real presence within. There must, however, be a right appreciation of those men and women who attained so great a measure of Christhood as to become revelators of the truth of our being. These have all made great sacrifices of personal existence to reveal and teach the great Truth that I AM. There must be gratitude felt in the heart, not merely expressed as lip-service, for the modern Teachers and Practitioners who have renounced personal life for the ministry of Truth. There must be a recognition of the sources and avenues of good; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents