The Early Years: Chapter 1, The Principle of Christian Science
- ~ 1 ~ THE PRINCIPLE OF CHRISTIAN SCIENCE The time has come for inventory. Let us take stock of our understanding of Christian Science and see how far out of orthodoxy we have come. Formerly we believed in good and evil. To God was ascribed all the power of good, and to the devil, or Satan, was given all the power of evil. Now, through the study of Christian Science, we learn that there is no devil or Satan-but do we thereby recognize that there is no evil? It is on this point that we need to see what we are understanding as fact, or truth. It is true that we concede no power of evil to our old devil, but do we not concede this same power of evil to mortal mind, animal magnetism, hypnotism, aggressive mental suggestion, x.y.z.ism? Have we not merely changed the name of Satan and kept alive the evil propensities and powers under another name? In Unity of Good 9:27 Mrs. Eddy asks: "What is the central point of difference in my metaphysical system? This: that by knowing the unreality of disease, sin and death, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference wholly separates my system from all others. The reality of these so-called existences I deny because they are not to be found in God, and this system is built on Him as the sole cause." Now sit down and seriously ask yourself whether or not you have accepted this teaching of Christian Science; whether or not you are still ascribing some erroneous condition to a cause other than God. Are you transferring the evil powers of Satan to a new one called mortal mind or animal magnetism, or have you definitely seen and understood that these are merely beliefs without power, reality, law, cause or effect? Are you still battling error, rising above evil, handling isms as if such beliefs were actual powers or causes of erroneous conditions? Or have you caught a glimpse of the beauty of the truth of Christian Science in the revelation that God, good, alone is cause and creator and, further, that "there are no effects from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciple of Christian Science.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 2, Peace
- ~ 2 ~ PEACE Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My * peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is, so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfolding_ Chapter 2, Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Peace
- Peace Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, but they travel ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 9, A High Form of Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ A HIGH FORM OF TREATMENT We must come to the realization that we are adults, and that we should be able to stand on our own two feet without being dependent on some one or some thing. This spiritual independence is achieved through the realization of our oneness with God: "I and my Father are one." This oneness with the Father constitutes my oneness with every spiritual being and idea. Therefore, I need not seek my good or be concerned about my good, because my oneness with God constitutes my good. It constitutes the law of attraction, bringing to me all that is necessary for my unfoldment, for the revelation of my true being, for my daily experience. Right where I am, God is. Right where I am, the allness of God is. This ever presence of God makes me independent of person, place, thing, circumstance, condition, or relationship. Wherever I am, the fullness of God is revealing Itself. The place whereon I stand is holy ground. Right here, right now, the allness of God is made manifest as my individual experience, and the awareness of this truth is the law unto that experience. I and the Father are one. In this oneness is my self-completeness. I am, therefore, Self-maintained; I am Self-sustained. The Self of me, the Reality of me, maintains and sustains me, supports and upholds me, teaches me, enlightens me, enriches me. This truth is a light unto my path. This truth is my salvation. The awareness of this truth-the conscious awareness of this truth-sets me free from human dependence. I am in the world, but not of it. I enjoy all the experiences, all the relationships, all the joys, all the companionships, that are a part of God's spiritual creation. And yet I am free. All those with whom I come in contact are free-free to enjoy each other, but not to hold each other in any sense of bondage, physical, mental, moral, or economic. Each one is free in Christ. I find my freedom in Christ. I find my economic freedom, my political freedom, my physical freedom, my moral ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...9, A High Form of Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 2, Release Man
- 2) Release Man Freedom is the normal and natural state of the son of God. The person who has realized his spiritual nature and identity and who lives by the Spirit cannot be limited in any way. There is no way to confine spiritual being. On the other hand, a human being can never escape slavery because slavery is the natural state of the human being. A human being is destined to be in slavery throughout all his days; he can never know freedom. Therefore, the only hope a human being has is to rise out of his humanhood. The dignity of the individual demands freedom-freedom from political and religious domination, wage domination, from every form of domination, including the most enslaving of all, the domination of the body. Even those who have achieved a measure of freedom from all other forms of slavery finally must acknowledge that they are slaves of the body. They live within its confines, and the body is a hard taskmaster. The body tells us when it is healthy and when it is sick. It tells us how much walking we can do and how much running. It tells us how many hours a day we can work. We seem to have no control over the body. It has control over us: we obey its mandates and are limited by its demands. This is not natural; this is not normal; and this is not the birthright of man. This condition has been imposed upon the human race that lives in ignorance of the principles that will make it free. Freedom, however, does not come by fighting evil. It does not come by overpowering error, nor does it come by appealing to some unknown God to come down out of the sky to rescue us from our vile prisons. It does not come through warfare of any name or nature. Freedom comes through enlightenment, and that enlightenment comes through opening our consciousness to that which cannot be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled, to a Power invisible, a Power that does not war with other powers, but dissolves everything that appears in the nature of an enemy-whether without our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 2, Release Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 7, The Law
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAW "The real jurisdiction of the world is in Mind, controlling every effect and recognizing all causation as vested in divine Mind." 1 Fruitful activity is an activity of mind; therefore, it is infinite, omnipresent, and never dependent on person or circumstance. Whatever intelligence, education, experience we may have has been given us of God and includes the opportunity for expression. We naturally include within ourselves, within our own consciousness, right activity and the opportunity for expressing that activity. Mind and its manifestation is one. Wherever there is mind, there is manifestation for they are one. This truth corrects the belief that we are ever separate or apart from our good. We include, embody, embrace within our consciousness all good. "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 2 Nothing can be added to or taken from us. The one thing you must keep in thought is this: "The kingdom of God is within you." 3 Never should you look to anything or anyone for that which you seem to lack, but as soon as a need seems to become apparent, know that right then and there that which seems to be lacking exists as completed demonstration within you. As you acquire the habit of continually looking within your consciousness for the fulfillment of all needs, you will find that in a natural, normal way the fulfillment will appear. The human thought looks outside itself for peace, power, supply, but truth reveals that the divine mind is your only mind, and in this mind your completed experience is evident, and always as manifestation. There is no need to pray to God for anything. He continually pours forth his bounty as all that is required for your harmonious existence. This principle, or law, prevents evil in any form from touching you. If you will constantly practice throughout the day what has been written so far (until it becomes a veritable part of your consciousness), you will very quickly see things begin to happen. In this way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 7, The Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:42- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 19, Realize God as the Only Power
- ~ 19 ~ REALIZE GOD AS THE ONLY POWER I would like now to go back to the principles, and this is what is in my mind. Don't let me do you a disservice, which I could easily do if you do not make an effort to understand me correctly or if you do not insist that I clarify the situation so that you understand it. I have said to you that the ancients were absolutely right in setting up a devil or satan. They were absolutely right in understanding that there is an impersonal source of evil which tempts us, which comes to us as temptation and which never bothers us unless we succumb to the temptation. The mistake they made was to declare the devil as an opposite of God, an opponent of God, thereby giving God an eternal warfare, an eternal attempt to get rid of the devil without ever being able to succeed. Had they understood that this devil or impersonal source of evil was not power, had no law, no life, no cause, they would have freed all of us. And men verily every day in the week would have been a day of freedom-a Fourth of July. In the same way, the earliest of our metaphysical teachers were absolutely right when they set up mortal mind and called it the sum total, the source, of all error. But they made their mistake by setting up an opposite, a divine mind, and they made such statements as, "Mortal mind causes disease but divine mind cures it." That's a nice battle, too, if divine mind wins. You see, anything that sets up an opposition to God cannot be truth. God is infinite, and God has nothing, nobody, to war with. God is infinite. God is all. There is no power opposing God. Treat this devil, or mortal mind, as something you do not need to have a deep understanding about to overcome, as something you don't have to go to God for God's help to overcome. Then you can follow this exactly as the Hebrews did on one occasion: "And they rested in this word." Therefore, having seen the nothingness of devil or satan, having seen the nothingness of carnal mind or mortal mind, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...alize God as the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 4, Realization
- ... I wonder if someone was having a healing, because it was so easy to reach you. That is not possible with the human senses, but with the spiritual sense I can reach and touch and commune with the spiritual sense of you. That is the real sense of communion and that is where healing work takes place; not in calling you a human being, a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. That is when healing takes place. When through that spiritual sense I have contacted the reality of you, it is not so much that you are mind or God, as that God is all the reality or mind there is of you. That God, the universal good, is the individual life, mind, soul of you and of me. So starting with God, we come down to its individualization and find it to be you. Therein comes this great law of forgiveness. It is so easy, when we look at people as humans, to find something in them that needs changing or altering or improving or condoning. Sometimes we feel so self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and we say, "I can forgive them." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. True forgiveness is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding them to be wrong and then deciding to forgive them for being wrong. True forgiveness is in closing our eyes and getting within, in the spiritual sense of things, and there getting in touch with the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God and there never has been a sin or a mistake or anything to overcome. Even if you did correct the sins and faults of your friends or loved ones, you still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. When you blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and get close to the center of being, close to God, you will find that sooner or later, when you open your eyes, those friends or relatives will no longer be the erring individuals they now appear to be. And we will go into the manner of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 4, Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 107K
Find Similar Documents