Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Deep Silence of My Peace
- The Deep Silence of My Peace "MY PEACE I GIVE unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you," but My peace, a peace to which you must cling even when the turmoil which disturbs the outer world comes into your world to bring about either doubt or fear of those things or conditions that exist in the world. If you really want to attain a sense of peace, learn to drop all thought or concern for whatever it is that is disturbing in the outer picture. Now, it is not easy for me to write this any more than it is easy for you to read it, but the desire in the hearts of most of us right now is for some solution to an outer problem, a problem of human existence, to something that is disturbing us in the world of health or wealth. Most of us are concerned about something in our human affairs, and we are seeking a solution to it. There is nothing wrong with that; the solution must appear because harmony must appear, but we will fail to find the solution as long as we are concerned with the problem and the solution of the problem. We can have the answer to that problem here and now if we can sufficiently drop our concern for it in the realization of this "My peace," that is, the Christ- peace. This is Jesus speaking: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth"-not the peace of physical health or material wealth, not the satisfaction of personal desires, but something far transcending these, something that, when we experience it, wipes out entirely the need for human demonstration. That is what we want to achieve here and now. Right now we must, and many of us can, drop this concern, lose concern for whatever it is, whatever the nature of it may be, that we brought with us when we turned to these words. We cannot do this humanly by telling it to get out or "get . . . behind me, Satan," but we can open our consciousness at this minute to a realization of "My peace." Watch this as it flows through your consciousness; watch as you open yourself, even with the question: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Deep Silence of My Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 19, 1964, Communication of Oneness
- COMMUNICATION OF ONENESS January 19, 1964 THIS MORNING WE HAD tape number 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, and the subject was "Spiritual Attainment Through Contemplation, Meditation, and Communion." When we reach the final lesson on that subject, we will reach a place that can only be attained by the preparation that takes place leading up to that final lesson. Without adequate preparation, the final lesson can never be demonstrated and the final lesson involves the word omniscience. This means an all-wisdom, all-knowledge, and of course includes omnipresence, so that we have a lesson which says: Because of omnipresence, omniscience is always functioning. You have to remember that when you meditate, pray, or treat (whichever way you are thinking) in The Infinite Way, you must start out with this realization: Since omnipresent omniscience or omniscient omnipresence already knows everything, you cannot inform Deity, you cannot tell God, you cannot ask anything of God, you cannot desire anything because you are always faced with omnipresent omniscience, the all-knowing. You have already trained yourself in this form of meditation, prayer, or treatment, so that regardless of the situation or the appearances, you can sit quietly listening until the still small voice utters itself, or the awareness of peace descends, or some other sign is given that "God is on the field." In our final lesson on this subject we cover a wider territory. How do animals communicate with each other? How do fish and birds communicate with each other? There has to be a communication between them. With some birds there is always a leader that goes before them, taking them to the north or taking them to the south. Surely birds have no way of knowing such things, so there must be a communication that puts them in their rightful place in line in the safari. Consider dogs and cats at play. There must be a communication that lets them know they are at play and are not out to kill each ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...4, Communication of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 1, Living Now
- ... This truth that we have been knowing is the universal truth about all God's creation. It is not the truth about mortal man because mortal man is living in defiance of the laws of God. It is true only of that I that is living in conscious oneness with God, and we are living in that conscious oneness only when we are living the life of love, loving our neighbor as ourselves, loving our fellow man, forgiving even our persecutors and enemies. The mortal life is not of God: it is destructible. The life that is lived in the belief in good and evil is not under the law of God, and only when we live forgiveness, live in sharing and giving, are we living the God-life, that incorporeal, spiritual life that is indestructible, the life that not even flames can destroy or swords pierce. This life which we bring to our remembrance when we realize the true meaning of I is our God-given, immortal life, and we live it through love, and only through love. When selfishness, greed, lust, animality, hate, envy, and jealousy are permitted entrance into our consciousness, we are living a life apart from God, a life which has no support from God, and therefore a life which must come to an end. We can reject that human sense of life by renouncing the personal sense of self which is characterized by a lack of love, a lack of justice, or a lack of benevolence; and we can accept the I that is one with God, the I that is the Spirit of God that has come as our individual being that we might have life, and that we might share this life through love and forgiveness, by releasing everyone from all obligations to us, through praying for others, and through knowing the truth. "Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 16 . . . This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." 17 Love-this is the heritage, this is the nature of the I that we are. Since "I and my Father are one," my whole reliance is on Him, on the I that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now_ Chapter 1, Living Now.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 2, First Steps On the Path of Discipleship
- Chapter Two First Steps On the Path of Discipleship Truth has been presented to the world throughout all ages, and by this time it would seem that everyone should know the truth, but there are very few who have had even the tiniest glimpse of it. I would count myself fortunate if I could say that I had attained a grain of truth, because in my heart I know how very much less than that I have attained, and I also know why. Truth is always veiled, and it has never been presented except in a form that is veiled. The veil, however, is not necessarily for the purpose of concealing truth. In some cases, it is to make it possible for those seeking truth to understand it. To some, it might seem that the more clearly truth is stated, the more it will be understood, but that is not true. Why and How Truth Is Veiled If truth were presented in its stark form, I can assure you that everyone would walk away from it and say, "Well, I can swallow a lot, but not that." Truth will never be accepted by those hearing it with the human ear alone. There must be the development of an inner ear, an inner eye, and an inner perception in order to respond to truth. The work of the spiritual path is to develop that inner ear and inner eye. Moses veiled the truth, but Christ Jesus took away that veil. Nevertheless, when Jesus rent the veil, the people of his day would not accept the truth he revealed. Instead they crucified him. All outward forms of worship, such as the ceremonies carried on in churches and cathedrals, are in reality veils. Truth is not to be found in these religious observances but lies hidden in the ceremony and the ritual, awaiting our discovery. If truth were presented unveiled, most persons would walk away from it with the comment, "That above all things cannot be truth." The ceremonies, rites, and rituals are given so that a person can look behind the scenes, dig deep, and perceive the nature of what is being presented to him, and then eventually he comes face to face with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...On the Path of Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Three, The Practicality of Spiritual Living
- ... On the other hand, can you picture the joyful experience of going through life being friends with anybody and everybody in the whole world, knowing that no one has anything you need or want and you have nothing anyone else needs or wants, that all you require unfolds to you from within your own being? That makes sharing a double delight because it is a heartwarming experience to share with those who do not expect it of you or feel that you are under any obligation to them. There is no room in spiritual living or in a spiritual activity for selfishness. The law of God is a law of love and cannot be utilized for selfish purposes. Love is one of the great attributes of God and must be expressed in our daily experience if we are to live in accordance with God's law. We are expressing love in proportion as we release the world of men and women from every form of bondage. When we hold an individual responsible for his sins, we hold him in bondage; but when we loose him and let him go in forgiveness, if necessary in the realization that he knows not what he is doing, we are fulfilling the law of love. There are those in our experience who humanly owe us an obligation, and we express our love by inwardly releasing them from that obligation, but love does not mean that human obligations can be ignored or responsibility shirked with impunity. In fact, sometimes the highest form of love is to require someone to fulfill his responsibility, thereby helping him to fulfill the law of love and giving him an opportunity to grow and live according to the high ethical standards the spiritual life demands. That does not mean, however, that spiritually we hold him in bondage to his debt or obligation, or in any sense are tempted to believe that our own demonstration can ever be affected by the attitude or actions of anyone else. For example, according to all standards of business ethics, partners have obligations to one another, but spiritually, inwardly, each should release the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icality of Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 14, God's Grace Is Yours
- CHAPTER 14 God's Grace Is Yours ABIDE IN this Word, "I am; all that God is, I am; and all that the Father hath is mine." Then you will understand all of the Infinite Way writings, because they repeat over and over the Master's words "I have meat the world knows not of. I have hidden manna. I will never leave me nor forsake me. I was with me before the world began. I will be with me unto the end of the world." Whatever it is that I even think that I need or want, I have only to go within my own being. If I am just still and patient, the assurance will come, "Be not afraid; it is I. I am thy bread, thy meat, thy wine, thy water. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It always comes from within. It always has come from within. Ever since my first spiritual experience, that has been my mode of life. Every time that I seem to be separated from any sense of good or any form of good, I have only to go within for the realization, and the assurance is given me. "I go before thee to make the crooked places straight." As you read the writings of The Infinite Way, you will see that the secret of The Infinite Way is in the word I. That is the secret! Even if you go back to my basic textbook, which is the very first book of all, The Infinite Way, you will see that it is founded on God appearing as man. It is not God and man, not man going to God. The whole of The Infinite Way is the revelation that God appears as man. Then all that God Is, I Am; all that the Father has Is mine. So the secret lies in going within to that I which I Am! You see, you do not know Joel at all. You are so far from knowing Joel that if you really do come to find out some day, you will be shocked at how little you ever knew him. You do not know him at all! Joel does not even know himself yet fully, and the reason is, I am Joel, and I have not yet solved the full secret of I. When I find the full secret of I, I will have the full name and identity of Joel. However, what has made The Infinite Way a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, God's Grace Is Yours.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 9, God and Error
- CHAPTER 9 God and Error WHEN WE undertake the study of The Infinite Way, it must seem to be a difficult subject, one not easy to encompass. The reason is, we are always hitting up against more and more principles. Every time we read a book or every time we hear a tape, there are more principles and we wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it. As a matter of fact, it is not quite that way. There are not many principles revealed in the message of The Infinite Way. What seems to make it so involved is that each principle requires so many different ways of hearing and reading before we actually attain the consciousness of it. For instance, one of the major principles of The Infinite Way is the nature of God. Now God, as revealed in The Infinite Way, is not to be found in the religious literature of the world. The God of The Infinite Way is a very strange God because it is a God that we cannot pray to for anything. This is because our God is not withholding anything, and if it is not withholding anything, it cannot give anything. So right there we find ourselves in trouble. That is all there is to that particular principle: there is no God to pray to for anything because God is not withholding anything. However, if you think that anyone can possibly understand that without a year or two or three of thinking of it in a hundred different ways, you are mistaken. You might today begin to think of the sun up in the sky and realize that the sun does not give anything. The sun is shining and it is manifesting both warmth and light. It is not giving it because it was not withholding it. It is an eternal state of being, of Isness. So you can see that to pray to the sun for light, for warmth, is nonsense! Eventually, you get to see that this is the Truth about God. God Is a state of infinite, divine Being. God Is always Being, and therefore there is no way to influence God to be more of God. Even God cannot withhold Its Godliness. Now another facet of God is that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ Chapter 9, God and Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 10, The Invisible
- Chapter Ten The Invisible Contemplative meditation can be a starting point for all meditation and can make it possible for a person to ease into a deeper form of meditation. That does not mean that there are not some persons already sufficiently adept in the art of meditation so that they no longer have to use the contemplative form as a first step. But these persons are few and far between. Unless you are among those in that category, it is wise to read the Bible or a spiritual or inspirational book for a few minutes until some particular idea or principle becomes uppermost in your mind. Then put the book aside and begin a contemplative meditation in which in all likelihood you will contemplate some truth that has struck you through what you have read. It might be a scriptural passage such as: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 1 Now contemplate that for a moment: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." Where is the spirit of the Lord? Is It not where I am? If I mounted up to heaven, would I not find the spir- it of the Lord there? If I made my bed in hell, would I not find the spirit of the Lord there? If "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"2 there, too, I will find the spirit of the Lord, for the Lord is where I am, and the Lord, the presence of God, fills all space. It fills this space where I am. And even more important than that is the truth that "the kingdom of God is within"3 me, so the presence of God is within me. Yes, the presence of God, closer than breathing, is within me. The spirit of God is within me. Here where I am, the spirit of the Lord is, and "where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." So right here where I am, there is liberty. I cannot be bound; I cannot be limited, I cannot be circumscribed, for where God is, I am. And where God is, there is liberty; there is freedom, peace, and fulfillment. In the presence of God is fulfillment, and that presence is where I am. Therefore, here where I am ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 10, The Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 17, Spiritual Supply and Healing - Awakening to the Mystical Experience of Oneness
- ~ 17 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY AND HEALING: AWAKENING TO THE MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE OF ONENESS The Infinite Way is not organized, has no corporate entity and has no memberships, therefore nobody belongs to the Infinite Way. This is the result of spiritual guidance which I follow. The object of it is to enable me to present to the world the principles which constitute the Infinite Way and to permit those who respond to accept them, follow them if they like, and those who do not, to turn from them, or else follow them in whatever measure is possible. In other words, I have no ties to our students, no strings, and they are under no obligation to me or to anybody. This has made it possible for me to be invited into Unity churches, New Thought churches, even Protestant churches, and for the writings, starting with The Art of Meditation 1 and Practicing the Presence, 2 to be accepted in Protestant churches of all denominations in the United States and Canada. This enables them to embody any of the principles, any of the teachings, in their individual lives, whether they're ministers or whether they're laymen, and yet remain on the path which for the present may be their religious path. The principles that are embodied in these writings are not mine. I did not make them up; I did not dream them up. They came to me in consciousness, and therefore they are not mine. They should be made available to anyone, anywhere, at any time, who can accept them, receive them, and respond to them. And that's the way it is. By having no organization, no memberships, no obligations, those who are led to these writings may embody them to whatever degree they wish and still maintain their freedom. In this way you will eventually find what we are already beginning to witness: that these very principles are being accepted as truth in many religious fields and ultimately will become embodied in the religions of the world. And I feel that's far better than putting a barrier around the message and saying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tical Experience of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 139K
Find Similar Documents