Consciousness Transformed: January 1, 1964, Silence! Stillness! Quietness
- SILENCE! STILLNESS! QUIETNESS! January 1, 1964 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center THANK YOU FOR THIS PARTY TODAY, and Happy New Year to everyone! I am asked very often, and especially by publishers, why I do not speak to larger groups and why I do not advertise and have more of the public come to our work. It is difficult to answer in a way that could be understood. To begin with, The Infinite Way is not a message that we can sell to anyone. It has to be sought, and the reason is that you cannot convince anyone of any of the truth that is embodied in the message. This is natural and it is normal, for "the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God." 1 That means the mind can never understand the things of God. There is nothing about God or the realm of God that is common sense or reasonable to the mind. It might seem reasonable to you now but that is because you have in a measure gone beyond the mind, beyond common sense, and the spiritual center in you is opened. Even if it is open in a tiny measure, everything seems reasonable. But until that center is open, there would be no point asking you to hear this message because it would not penetrate. In the original book The Infinite Way, from the First through the Ninth Edition, I paid lip-service to metaphysical belief by occasionally using the word Mind with a capital "M" as a synonym for God. As you know, I took it out with the Tenth Edition and all later editions, but I would like you in particular to understand why that was done. The mind of man can be used for either good or evil as you well know. Many people are using the mind for evil or destructive purposes, sometimes merely for pleasurable purposes which certainly does not come under the heading of God or good. So you see mind could never be God, and God could never be mind. We are not so great that we could use God. Therefore the mind must be looked upon as a human instrument, an instrument for learning or for planning, and for some, for evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lence! Stillness! Quietness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 104K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER BE A BEHOLDER! BE A WITNESS! Whenever I meet Allen Boone for luncheon and ask him how he is, he tells me, "I am alive, and that counts ninety-nine percent." And I can see that everyone here is alive and, after a whole week of this, I think that is ninety-nine percent! The other one percent you will get resting over the week-end. It must be clear to you, after all of this week's work, that the principal point of what I talk and write about is that what appears to us as error in any form is really not error at all; that there is neither a sin nor a disease that has to be overcome; it exists only as an illusory experience, a mental belief. If we were dealing with disease as a reality, as something which is cause and has an effect, we would have to know a lot more than we do about the body and the things that cause bodily ills; but because we do not handle our healing work from that standpoint, it must be clear that if we are having any results at all, it must be because sin, disease or error do not exist as a reality that must have something done to it. The more clearly you can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error, the closer you will come to being free of it soon and to attaining a spiritual consciousness which is the most important point of all. This healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment is not really the most important reason we have come to earth. We have not been born into this world just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. The chances are that Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on sometime later and only a change in the date on the tombstone was involved. And you, too, will find that so far as the actual healing was concerned, all that happened was a change of date on your own tombstone. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having or making any demands upon ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 2, Erasing Our Concepts of God, Prayer and Grace
- ~ 2 ~ ERASING OUR CONCEPTS OF GOD, PRAYER, AND GRACE Religion is an individual experience, and not only is it impossible to go into heaven two by two or four by four, but even any attempt to do so must result in failure. If a person is interested in a spiritual way of life, in seeking the realm of God or finding a solution to human problems, it is necessary that that person embark on his mission alone. This does not mean that if one's husband or wife also wishes to set forth on such a mission he or she should not do so, but because of the very nature of this search, each one must find his way within himself, alone. No two people can progress at the same rate because no two people are at the same level of consciousness; and therefore, the religious life is one which must be lived within the individual, regardless of how much is shared outwardly. No one can achieve this life for another: each must achieve it for himself. In the writings and recordings of the Infinite Way is found the account of my own search for God: the mode, the means, and the achievement. This has been set forth merely to show what one individual has achieved, and these books and recordings are offered to you in the hope that you will read, study, or hear them, and put them into practice; and, insofar as they prove successful, live with them and through them. In a few brief years, many thousands who have followed the particular way known as the Infinite Way have, in a measure, found their peace, their harmony, safety, security, and their supply. In reading and studying the Infinite Way, however, you are in no sense bound to it. You are, at all times, a free spiritual agent, free to come to us or to any of our students who are active in the work, but just as free at any time not to come-always free to find your own way. You have no obligations; you have no embarrassments; and if the Infinite Way does not prove effective in your individual case, you are at liberty always to seek further until you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts of God, Prayer and Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 140K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1958, There Is No Power in Fear
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY There is No Power in Fear IN The Infinite Way, students are taught to make a conscious transition from dependence on the visible and tangible to a radical and complete reliance on the Invisible, until they come to a point where they live through and by the Invisible, by that which cannot be cognized by the physical senses. If this practice is continuous, it is not long before that unknown Invisible becomes tangible and evident as a feeling, as awareness, a presence, which is the "peace, be still" 1 to every fear. Only by removing power from the visible and depending solely on the Infinite Invisible can fear be supplanted with confidence. Fear grips the world. The health of the world today seems to rest upon the precarious foundation of fear. Health seems to be based not on an understanding of God, but on fear. The entire world is held in bondage to the fear of cancer, the fear of heart disease, the fear of infection, and the fear of contagion. We are warned to have the heart examined periodically, to have the lungs x-rayed at regular intervals, and to have tests to ascertain the presence or absence of cancer. To live in a state of fear is inevitable in a world that lives primarily from the standpoint of preserving health or some particular form of wealth. Anything that endangers a person's livelihood engenders fear; anything that endangers a person's heart, lungs, or any organ of his body brings fear; anything that endangers a person's human sense of life arouses fear. This is inevitable as long as these material forms are the gods of the human world. If the object of life is merely to live ten years longer or to have a little less pain, or if the primary purpose of life is to be sure that enough supply comes in every week, then anything which might interfere with the achievement of those ends or make them unattainable would result in fear. Fear is at the root of most of the troubles of those who seek help. Only a few people turn to a spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., There Is No Power in Fear.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1957, The Secret of The Healing Principle
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE The Secret of the Healing Principle SPIRITUAL healing is based on an understanding of the spiritual principle of life. This principle is that God maintains and sustains the universe, including every person in it, in absolute integrity. Contrary to that teaching is the world of appearances, the dreamworld, a mesmeric world which has no law to support it, no substance to sustain it, and no continuity except such as we, in our ignorance, give it. Once this truth is perceived, you will have a healing principle which will stand, regardless of the nature of the problems that are brought to you. This does not mean that you will heal everybody or every condition, not because the principle is not adequate to meet every situation, but because the people involved are not yet ready to live this principle or to live by this principle; they are not ready to give up those things which would interfere with the demonstration of the principle. In other words, Jesus, himself, did not attempt to take the rich man into heaven. It was not because of the man's wealth, in and of itself, but because the man's faith, confidence, and hope were in his wealth; all his expectations and hopes in life were based on the amount of his possessions, and such a man cannot be lifted into spiritual consciousness. So it is that there are people seeking healing, but seeking only the healing of their pains and discords, not a spiritual healing which would transform their lives. This principle is so absolute, however, that given a fair opportunity with anybody who is at all receptive to the spiritual way of life, harmony will be brought into the experience of that person, and he will come into spiritual enlightenment. The Fabric of "This World" The principle which is the secret of all healing is an understanding of the nature of error. Error is never a person; it is never a thing; it is never a condition. Therefore, never take into your thought, or attempt to handle in thought, a person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...et of The Healing Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Erasing our Concepts of God, Prayer, and Grace
- Erasing Our Concepts of God, Prayer, and Grace Religion is an individual experience, and not only is it impossible to go into heaven two by two or four by four, but even any attempt to do so must result in failure. If a person is interested in a spiritual way of life, in seeking the realm of God or finding a solution to human problems, it is necessary that that person embark on his mission alone. This does not mean that if one's husband or wife also wishes to set forth on such a mission he or she should not do so, but because of the very nature of this search, each one must find his way within himself, alone. No two people can progress at the same rate because no two people are at the same level of consciousness; and therefore, the religious life is one which must be lived within the individual, regardless of how much is shared outwardly. No one can achieve this life for another: each must achieve it for himself. In the writings and recordings of The Infinite Way is found the account of my own search for God: the mode, the means, and the achievement. This has been set forth merely to show what one individual has achieved, and these books and recordings are offered to you in the hope that you will read, study, or hear them, and put them into practice; and, insofar as they prove successful, live with them and through them. In a few brief years, many thousands who have followed the particular way known as The Infinite Way have, in a measure, found their peace, their harmony, safety, security, and their supply. In reading and studying The Infinite Way, however, you are in no sense bound to it. You are, at all times, a free spiritual agent, free to come to us or to any of our students who are active in the work, but just as free at any time not to come-always free to find your own way. You have no obligations; you have no embarrassments; and if The Infinite Way does not prove effective in your individual case, you are at liberty always to seek further until you do find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of God, Prayer, and Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:18- 148K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents