Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 4, Life Unfolding As the Fruitage of Attained Consciousness
- ... Of course, that never was true. That was merely a concept of some writer or teacher, but the Christian era disposed of that and revealed what is now demonstrable, and that is that all your evil karma, all your former wrong thinking or wrongdoing is wiped out in a moment of repentance-not in years of working it out, not in years of suffering, not in years between heaven and hell, and not in years of paying a penalty on earth. No! In my own experience, a moment after the first light, the entire past with its desires and its punishments dropped away. I have witnessed in the years that have followed how many students, in coming to a place of actual repentance for any of their previous wrongs-some of omission, some of commission, some serious, some not so serious-have, in that moment of accepting the spiritual path, wiped out the past, and with their sowing to the Spirit, with their sowing to truth, they have begun very quickly to reap spiritual harmony, spiritual peace, an inner awareness of forgiveness, and an inner awareness of release from the burdens of the human sense of life. I speak not only of sin in terms of what the world calls sin, but also of disease, lack, or limitation, all of which are really sins from the standpoint of spiritual living because they miss the mark of spiritual perfection. Your diseases are as readily wiped out as your sins; your lack and limitation are wiped out as readily as your sins-but only in one way: by sowing to the Spirit, by sowing to truth, by pondering the word of God, by taking the word of God into consciousness, by meditating and contemplating on the word of God. In that moment, you are sowing to the Spirit, you are sowing to truth; and it will not be long before you will be reaping spiritual fruitage, spiritual harmony, spiritual health, spiritual supply, spiritual companionship, and witnessing all these translated into terms of human harmony. Sowing Now Brings Forth Reaping Now This sowing to the Spirit must take place in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e of Attained Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan
- 3) "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. TEMPTATION ALWAYS APPEARS AS A PERSON OR A CONDITION Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 3, Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Building the New Consciousness
- Building the New Consciousness Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the Presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate 1 The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding the New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Get Thee Hence Satan
- "Get Thee Hence, Satan" It took a really great mystic to discover the secret of impersonal evil and devise the name "devil" or "Satan" for it. This devil or Satan, as it was first conceived, did not mean an opponent of God; it had no such meaning at all. Instead, it meant something in the nature of a tempter-not a power or a person, but a tempter offering temptation. The evil is never in us; it is the tempter that tempts us into sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation, and this tempter should be recognized at all times as the impersonal source of evil. When the devil stood before Jesus in the wilderness tempting him to turn the stones into bread, Jesus answered, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 1 Again Satan tempted the Master to cast himself down from the pinnacle of the temple, and Jesus' answer was, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." 2 Once more Satan offered him temptation in the form of worldly glory, and to this, Jesus replied, "Get thee hence, Satan." 3 With this recognition of the devil as the impersonal source of evil, Satan left him. From then on what do we hear about Satan as far as the Master is concerned? He does not appear any more. He seems to have faded out, right there and then. With that "Get thee hence, Satan," Satan is no more. The Master is alone, alone with God, consciously one with God, the victor, with full dominion. But the tempter, the devil, is gone; the temptation is gone. Temptation Always Appears as a Person or a Condition Every need for help for yourself or any call for help that comes from someone else should be recognized as a temptation, a temptation to be rejected. Even if it should be someone close to a hundred years, suffering from old age, remember that the claim of age has to do merely with the calendar. The calendar affects us only if we accept it, keep looking at it every day, and wondering what story it tells, instead of proving how impersonal it can be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eader_ Get Thee Hence Satan.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:18- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 9, Starting the Mystical Life
- T Chapter Nine Starting the Mystical Life he glorification of a human being is never the goal of a spiritual study. Rather is it the annihilation of the human being. When Paul teaches that we need to "die daily," 1 he is not playing with language. He is very serious about that. So, too, when the Master states, "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it," 2 he is stating a spiritual principle. Many metaphysical teachings would have us believe that by demonstrating health and supply we are doing the will of God. In the very earliest days of metaphysical healing, there was no such intent. Healing was only a means of proving that the principle was true, but the principle was the important thing and not the healing. What followed and still continues could happen in our work. Those in the Infinite Way who carry on a healing ministry or conduct tape meetings usually give some instruction to those who come to them, explaining the principles that students do not understand, the how and the why of them, and helping them with healing work. What inevitably happens is that if those who are conducting the work are at all consecrated they soon become so busy with healing work that there is no time left for teaching, instruction, or imparting the message. So there again begins the same old round of sitting in an office and acting as an aspirin tablet or a foot plaster to those who bring their bodies to the office. That really should not happen in our work. The metaphysics of the Infinite Way is made up of the letter of truth and, while studying that, it is natural that our health, our living conditions, our business, and our human relationships all improve. But these are not our goal. Our goal is to achieve a consciousness of the mysticism of the Infinite Way, that is, that part of the teaching which brings us into conscious union with God. If the attainment of material things were our goal, we could very quickly have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Starting the Mystical Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1955, Meditation for Beginners
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Meditation for Beginners FEW people disbelieve in God. Most people are convinced that there is a God, or that there is a Divine Power of some sort, but they are not sure just what It is. There was a time when they were content to believe that there was a God in Heaven whom they would meet after death, but in this practical age, particularly, not many are satisfied with that kind of a God. In this present age, the cry is that in spite of all the great mechanical and material advancement in the world, very little progress has been made in the way of spiritual development and unfoldment. Actually, this is not true, because every bit of this mechanical and material development is really the outward expression of inward spiritual power. Our greatest inventors, discoverers and scientists have all been spiritually endowed men; men who have lived close to God, and who have had actual God-contact. Many of the greatest physicists of today are in complete agreement not only that God is a reality, but that God is evident in our human world. All through the ages there have been spiritually endowed men and women who have had conscious contact with God, who have known conscious union with God, and who have brought this Presence and Power into their actual experience. Always there has been a Lao Tse, a Buddha, a Jesus, a John, a Paul, but none of them ever had wide followings very far beyond their personal circle. None of them were ever widely known, nor their teachings widely practiced-not during their own times or for long periods thereafter. Every one of these great spiritual leaders is in agreement on these basic principles and teachings: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you; Thou shalt not kill; Thou shalt not steal; Thou shalt not commit adultery; Thou shalt have one God. They did not teach that we all be of the same race, color or creed-they taught the principles of live, let live; love, share, co-operate. If the several hundred million who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, Meditation for Beginners.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1959, Prayer And Treatment Through The Spirit
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Prayer and Treatment Through the Spirit PROBABLY one of the greatest differences between the message of The Infinite Way and most other religious teachings, whether orthodox or metaphysical, is that in The Infinite Way no power is given to any word that is spoken or thought. No confidence is placed in mere statements of truth, wordy prayers, affirmations, or denials, unless these are uttered out of a realized spiritual consciousness. No treatment or prayer can rise any higher than the consciousness from which it emanates. None of the truth read in books and none of the statements of truth made to a person-none of this is spiritual power unless it flows out of an attained spiritual consciousness, that is, unless the person making the statement is in the Spirit when he voices truth, writes, thinks, declares it, or prays. Unless he is in the Spirit, his prayer or his treatment will rise no higher than the level of his own mind. If you pray or treat with your three-dimensional human consciousness, some measure of human demonstration or human improvement can be expected, but the amount of that fruitage will only be in proportion to your human faith, or belief, or to your powers of mental concentration. It is somewhat like the fifteen people who are healed every year out of the hundred thousand or so who make pilgrimages to Lourdes. Those fifteen people are healed because of the intensity of their own faith and emotion, and their healing has nothing to do with God. Much metaphysical healing work is accomplished by the faith and emotion of the practitioner, as well as by that of the patient. Sometimes patients bring with them a great deal of hope and confidence when they turn to a practitioner for help -hope, faith, and confidence in God, in the practitioner, or sometimes in a particular approach to truth. But real spiritual demonstration-actual spiritual healing-is largely dependent upon the ability of the individual who is the practitioner to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...reatment Through The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 6, The Divine Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ THE DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." 1 "I am with you alway." That I is God. I, God, the divine Consciousness of my individual being, is ever with me. It could not be any other place and still be the consciousness of my own being; nor could I be separate or apart from consciousness, since without consciousness there would be no being; there would be no "I" or "me." I, divine Consciousness, will be with me, as long as I exist as an individual. As long as there is continuity to my own being, God, divine Consciousness, will be with me. In fact, I is all there is to me, manifesting Itself, Its glory, as my individual being. There is no It and "me." There is only It, manifesting Itself, expressing Itself as me. The Word, divine Consciousness, becomes flesh as individual me. This oneness is the secret of immortality, of eternal life; probably, it is the reason for the word "always": "Lo, I am with you always"; I will be with you "unto the end of the world"-the world which Jesus overcame. "I have overcome the world." 2 There is an end to the world: the world is not immortal; the world is not eternal; the world will not last forever. What is this world that comes to an end? It is really not a world at all. The things that are of God are eternal and immortal, this world that "I have overcome" is not a world, but a false sense of the world, a false image, a belief about the world. Jesus, not even as the Christ, ever overcame anything that actually existed. He could only overcome a false sense about reality, a false belief about it. Therefore, until all false beliefs are eradicated, until the world has been overcome within ourselves, this Christ will be present to overcome it. When the world has been overcome, then it will be discovered, not that there was a Christ present to overcome it, but that I am that Christ. Wherever we go, under all circumstances and conditions, remember that "I am with you always." I, your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Divine Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVIII, The Tree of Life
- CHAPTER XXVIII THE TREE OF LIFE To understand the nature of the mystical way of life, and to understand it fully, we must first of all understand the underlying conflict that exists among human beings, the struggle between all men on the face of the earth. Even between husbands and wives, parents and children, there is conflict, and the conflict is always a battle for the supremacy of the ego. Each one wants to be something of himself, and that something enters into conflict with the something of the other self. So it is that throughout the human scene there has always been conflict. True, there is an appearance of peace, but as long as each one has a self of his own, he will be catering to that ego, trying to manifest, express, or benefit it. This poses the question: Is it possible for human beings to live together harmoniously, or must they live in constant warfare of one nature or another? None of the efforts made to bring about peace on earth and good will among men has ever been successful for any length of time, largely because these efforts have been based on attempting to unite people humanly, when for the most part they have no common interest. Some contend that in union there is strength, but this is a fallacy. Ever since time began, tribes have been uniting, countries have been uniting, and churches have been uniting, but so far no such union has brought about permanent strength. It lasts for a while, then some other combination arises and falls to make way for still another combination. There is no strength in any union founded by human beings, nor has one ever proved to be enduring. The only strength there is, is in spiritual union, but that in itself is a paradox. There cannot really be a spiritual union because there are not two to unite. There is only one Self, and as long as I recognize that the Selfhood of me is the Selfhood of you, I cannot be antagonistic toward you, but neither can I unite with you because there are not two of us: there is only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er XXVIII, The Tree of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents