Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 2, Before Abraham
- CHAPTER 2 "Before Abraham" IMPERSONALIZE GOD and what do you have? You have divine Being, universally expressing Itself, universally manifesting Itself; before Abraham was, and unto the end of the world. This is what you get when you impersonalize God: you get infinite, divine Being, from the so-called beginning to the so-called ending. You also discover that there was no beginning, as there will be no ending, for life is a circle. It never began. It never ends. It Is! Before Abraham, It Is; unto the end of the world, It Is. It Is I AM! I AM! Before Abraham was, I Am! As one mystic said, "Before God was, I am"; and this is Truth. Before there was such a thing as a God concept in anyone's mind, I am. Someone else has said, "If there were not a God, man would have to make one." Do you not see that this only promotes that we might live forever in darkness, that we have to make up a God, that we have to form a concept of God, that we have to have some image or idea, in our mind, of God? God is invisible, indescribable, incorporeal, infinite, from everlasting to everlasting, and who can draw a picture of that? Who can invent a word to encompass that? The only word that has ever been shown forth that set men free is that word I! Whenever it was revealed, the veil was removed. Whenever God was personalized and finitized, or made an image in this or that religion, the veil was on again. Why could the mystic see that God is closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet, when there is nothing closer than breathing but I myself? We are to relax, to rest, in this consciousness, the creative Principle of life, the Reality of life, the Omnipresence, Omnipotence, and Omniscience that Is within me. Closer than breathing Is the Selfhood of me. Relax in It and let It perform Its work. This also shows you why it was said, "He performeth that which is given me to do, He perfecteth that which concerneth me." There is always this He, that is within me, that we identify as not a "He" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, Before Abraham.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IV, The Language of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER IV THE LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Not long ago I talked with an orthodox minister who had just finished reading my book, Practicing the Presence. 1 He had enjoyed it very much, found it challenging; but he added that the language and some of the terms used were new to him. Certainly it is true that, to the reader untutored in mysticism, some terms are incomprehensible; but it must be remembered that mysticism, like every other field of study, has its own specialized terminology. Spiritual healing as taught in The Infinite Way is built around a few words. Before we go on to consider these words, let me explain briefly what The Infinite Way is: It is a spiritual teaching consisting of principles which anyone may follow and practice, irrespective of his religious affiliation. The Infinite Way reveals the nature of God to be one infinite power, intelligence, and love; the nature of individual being to be one with His qualities and character, expressed in infinite forms and variety; and the nature of the discords of this world to be a misconception of God's expression of Himself in His universe. These are universal principles based on the message of the Master, Christ Jesus, who taught that man can realize his oneness with God through conscious communion with God, thereby bringing about peace on earth, harmony, and wholeness. In this new language of spiritual healing, the fint and most important word that must be understood is the little word "as," an understanding of which eliminates forever all sense of duality: God is manifest as individual being. If God is manifest as individual being, there is not God and man; there is not God and you; therefore, there cannot be a person going to God for something. During the years when I was devoting my time exclusively to the healing work, as patients came to me I learned not to see them as human beings, nor to look to a God to patch them up. I saw that everyone who came to me was God appearing as individual being, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nguage of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 1, Peeling Off the Onion Skins
- Chapter One Peeling Off the Onion Skins In the history of the world, it is recorded that those who received the greatest light were those who were in deepest need of spiritual light and who had to search more seriously and diligently than the persons who were getting along comfortably without God. It takes desperation of one sort or another to drive us deep enough into the heart of God to find God. As a rule, it is only when human companionship has not sufficed, when human supply has not given us enough happiness, satisfaction, or completeness, and when even human health has not made us relax in an inner peace that we ask, "Lord, Lord, where art Thou?" Then it is that we begin the search for truth. Then it is that we try to find out if there is not a God, if there is not a Something somewhere that would bring to us what we are seeking. And what are we seeking? Most of all, peace. If we had peace, we would not be disturbed by physical, mental, or financial discomfort. But we have not found peace. We think that we can find peace if we have enough education, a good job, or a happy marriage, but even if we do enjoy financial comfort, good family relationships, and all other desirable human things, very often there is still something else that we have not achieved, and out of that hunger comes the search. As far as Joel Goldsmith was concerned, he was a businessman, and he was not doing too badly in the business world except for some momentary periods that everyone sooner or later has in business. There was no idea in his mind that he would at any time ever be connected with a religious, philosophical, or metaphysical work. That was no part of his consciousness. At best, it can be said that he had that hunger to find something more satisfying than a highball, a game of cards, a theater, a dance, or even a successful business, and that he was trying to find something better than those things. Most of us come to the grace of God through our ills and our discords. I was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Peeling Off the Onion Skins.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 4, The Temple
- Chapter Four The Temple Spiritual teaching involves an emptying out of the old "bottles" 1 to make way for the new wine. You cannot fill a vessel already full. You cannot receive a spiritual impartation in a mind filled with universal beliefs, theories, or opinions. Concepts and misconceptions must be cleared out of the mind so that it can become a transparency for truth. Mind is not a power. Mind has no power for good or for evil. Mind is a receiving and a transmitting instrument. To understand the mind, first look at your body and realize that this body is your body, and that you can do with your body what you will. If you choose to walk to the right, your body has no power to resist you and walk downstairs. Your body has no power of its own. Your body cannot be moral or immoral; your hands cannot be honest or dishonest. Your body has no qualities of its own. It is merely a mechanical instrument fashioned for your use. Now go a step further and see that just as you have a body, so, too, you have a mind. You can use your mind to develop a talent, a profession, or a business. It is your mind, and you can educate it in mathematics, music, art, science, or literature. You can keep your mind imbued with truth by filling it with scripture, spiritual and inspirational writings, or mystical poetry. You can keep your mind filled with truth or you can keep your mind filled with trash. You determine how many hours a day worthwhile literature is poured into your mind. You have the capacity to determine the nature of what goes into your mind. Just as your body is not a power unto itself, so your mind, also, is not a power. It cannot talk back to you; it has no control over you: you have control over it. When a person no longer has control over his mind and his mind appears to run away with him, he is labeled insane. The truth is that it is his mind. He has the power to govern, instruct, and educate it. The Human Mind Is Conditioned by False Knowledge When the mind is filled ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ouse_ Chapter 4, The Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Development
- ... The sky is not sitting on the mountain, and the illusion is not "out there" where it seems to be, but is your false sense of what you are beholding. You cannot get rid of the illusion; you must understand it as illusion, and see through it to ever-prevent Reality. Understand that all that appears is God- appearing, despite the illusory sense of it you may be momentarily entertaining, and even the illusion will be dispelled. Error is never personal. You must therefore never condemn a person, but see the error as impersonal, a part of universal mesmerism and no part of any individual. In this impersonalizing of error, you dispel it. One of the great laws of the Bible is, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." (Matt. 5:44). Your understanding of the prayer of forgiveness is that it is the realization of oneness. To know that that which is appearing, as persecutor, hater, enemy in any form, is really the Christ itself, which finite sense has misinterpreted, will free you of any evil effects of hate, persecution and enmity. Never forget that there is in reality no sick person to heal, neither a sinner to reform - only the Christ-presence to be spiritually discerned. This is the true law of forgiveness. Thus we pray for our enemies. There is a prevalent belief that the thought of certain individuals or groups can harm you. You cannot be made to suffer from any belief other than your own acceptance of a selfhood apart from God. Those who entertain a belief in two minds or in a life that can be impaired or ended, or in a selfhood apart from God, suffer from that belief in proportion as the belief is accepted. This, too, can be healed in a moment by relinquishing the belief in two powers, and the belief in more than one Presence. The purpose of your study is, first, the improvement of humanhood - the improvement of health, wealth, harmony, companionship, home and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ture_ Spiritual Development.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1958, Security Through God-Realization
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE Security Through God-Realization STUDENTS of The Infinite Way often ask if there is any specific daily prayer, treatment, or protective work in which they should engage. If they will remember that nothing takes place except as the activity of consciousness, they will understand the importance of a daily, specific practice which may be termed "knowing the truth." Unless students consciously know the truth, that is, the correct letter of truth, they will never attain the spirit or consciousness of truth. The Infinite Way is an absolute principle, but The Infinite Way does not close its eyes to the discords and errors of this world. It looks fearlessly at error and realizes that it comes from its father, the devil-hypnotism, illusion, nothingness. One of the most important subjects in our entire work is understanding the nature of error-not looking to find some physical, emotional, or mental cause for disease, but knowing the nature of error, that is, the understanding of what lies behind error. Never for a moment believe that you can arrive at a state where you can ignore error. You must learn to face the situation which confronts you and, in facing it, realize the nature, not only of the specific error with which you are dealing, but the nature of all error, which is nothing more nor less than that ancient knowledge of the tree of good and evil. To the person of spiritual perception, good and evil do not exist as powers in the world-not in men or in conditions. Begin to sit down quietly each day until you can bring yourself to a realization that there is now no condemnation to anything in this world. Through this process of meditation, cogitation, and contemplation, eventually you will come to see that God is all, and this will be not merely a statement but a realization: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 1 Whether you are faced with sin, disease, poverty, lack, or limitation, whether you are faced with an overwhelming ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Through God-Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 147K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 19, 1963, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME May 19, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel ON MAY 12 WE STARTED off with this paragraph: "There is a principle of life not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known." The principle of which I spoke is that truth received and embodied in consciousness becomes known worldwide without any human effort or human striving. Just by abiding within one's Self with the revealed truth, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as we would like it to happen, but when we are dealing with truth we must learn that "a thousand years is as one day and one day can be as a thousand years." 1 There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made, then suddenly in one day more progress is made than in a thousand years. This was illustrated by the Civil War. The idea of giving freedom to the Negro was not really a result of the Civil War; in fact, the Civil War was a failure and did not give that freedom. However, the fact that it took place was in line with all that had been unfolding in human consciousness since the days of Greece, on up through the Magna Carta, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the Brazilian Revolution. All of this is the out breaking into human experience of an idea in consciousness. I believe it was last week that we were given the quotation of Victor Hugo: "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come." Ordinarily this quotation is attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, because it was he who made the quotation famous. But strangely, in the editorial in this morning's newspaper it is correctly attributed to Victor Hugo, and in the correct manner in which we used it last week. In other words "its time has come," and nothing is going to stop the breaking down of racial prejudice. Furthermore, if you had access ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 18, God the Omnipresent Reality
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, THE OMNIPRESENT REALITY TONIGHT LET US TALK ON FREEDOM IN CHRIST-that is, freedom of health in Christ and freedom of purse in Christ. These are so different from freedom in the body or freedom in the pocketbook. To be free in health in Christ is far different from being free in health in the body and yet health in Christ manifests itself as physical freedom. Freedom in Christ is where we are not tightened up in the body or feel that our health is in the body or our wealth or our happiness or any part of our so- called human experience. It is where the freedom is a Christly one. Now, we can just completely relax and realize ourselves as a state of receptivity to the Christ. We are a state of receptivity to the Christ. Nothing can intrude and it will start in. I will speak audibly for a while and then go into the silence, and you will be meditating while I speak for just a few minutes. We are receptive to the Christ. Christ is imparting itself eternally as our very consciousness. Consciousness is the embodiment of all that is, and all that is good, since God made all that was made and we are the embodiment of that good. We are in the state of receptivity as that infinite being is expressing itself. We, as individual consciousness, are responsive only to the Christ. Nothing can enter this consciousness to defile or make it a lie. There is only one consciousness and that is God, and that is our individual consciousness. As we meditate on this truth of receptivity to the Christ, we will find that Christ pours itself forth as our individual consciousness. "Glorify thou me . . ." 1 I would never think of getting on a platform or going into a class without hours, literally hours, of this meditation, in which I realize myself as a state of receptivity to the Christ, to God, spirit, since no matter where I would stand, whether talking, lecturing, or teaching, no one could possibly have any interest in anything that I humanly could say. It isn't possible that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...God the Omnipresent Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents