A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXV, Losing I-ness in I
- CHAPTER XXV LOSING "I"-NESS IN I There are very few persons in all the world who are really interested in living spiritually or in attaining the spiritual goal, and certainly there are even fewer who have any conception of what it means to "die daily" and be reborn of the Spirit. Many must inevitably fall by the wayside, but those few who understand that true greatness, true wisdom, and true success lie in the very opposite direction from that of glorifying the self or pushing forward the personality, and who remain and persist, will reach the highest degree of spiritual consciousness, spiritual awareness, and spiritual unfoldment. To submerge the personality and make it subservient to that which is greater than itself is well-nigh impossible for most persons and gives rise to inner conflicts which may deflect them from the path leading to the goal. Through meditation and the practice of the Presence, however, the mind is stilled, and an awareness of this Something greater than themselves is developed. Eventually, a state of complete quiescence in which there is no thinking or planning is reached, and the human will yields to the divine will. This surrender of the human will to the Divine can be more readily understood if we use the analogy of a cube of ice floating in a glass of water. The ice rests in the water, cradled in it: it has no power to move itself. Only the water can propel it from one place to another. The ice itself is inert, immobile, passive, its every motion dependent upon the movement of the water. Let us think of ourselves as the ice, and of Consciousness as the water, while we wait in silence and stillness for the movement of Consciousness. In other words, we must wait patiently for the will of God to make itself known; we must be as completely quiescent as the piece of ice. Such a state can be achieved only when all desire has been surrendered because desire nourishes the personal sense of "I"-ness. As long as there is a desire, there is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XXV, Losing I-ness in I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:04- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Supply
- Supply PART I THE SECRET OF SUPPLY is to be found in Luke12:22-32. "And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. "The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. "Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? "And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? "If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? "Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. "If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith? "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. "But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." The question now arises: how is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to GIVE you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the Spirit of Confidence in this inspired message of Scripture, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 1, The Basis of Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ THE BASIS OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is brought about through the realization of the Christ in individual consciousness. God, the individual Consciousness of this universe, is the one and only consciousness. However, since God is the consciousness of me and God is the consciousness of you, and because there is only this one consciousness, truth becomes effective in the consciousness of anyone who tunes in to it. Therefore, any truth that reveals itself within our consciousness instantaneously reveals itself to the person appearing as our patient. Sometimes, people who are not associated with us in any way, either as friends, relatives, students, or patients-someone in a hospital or a prison, someone on a desert island, someone who is reaching out for help to his highest concept of God-may be healed even though they do not know us and we do not know them; or even if they do know us, they may not know that we are on this path, and, therefore, would not know why they were healed. There is only one Life, one Consciousness, one Soul; but that One is the consciousness of you and the consciousness of me. That is why we do not have to try to reach anyone. When we are in this conscious oneness, we become so much a part of one another that what one is thinking about Truth, or God, the other is hearing, but no transference of thought is involved and should not be so construed. We are not one in our humanhood: We are one in the Christ, and all that is being imparted is the divine idea flowing in consciousness. For that reason, those who are aware of the principle of one power need never be concerned about suffering from other people's thoughts. All the suffering on earth, regardless of its form or nature, is a product of the universal belief in two powers; and therefore, universal harmony will only be restored when God is revealed as Omnipotence. There is only one mind and that mind is the instrument of the one Spirit, or God. Human thinking, which is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Basis of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 1, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING PREACHING WITHOUT PRACTICE is one of the most deadly of sins, for we must practice what we preach. The first thing that we, as metaphysicians, preach is that without God there is nothing and we exemplify that with: "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." 1 We do not use quotations in this work as quotations, and we must now break the habit of using them as such. You have heard people say, "I do not feel well." Then someone, maybe you, replied, "Oh, no! There is no illness." You did not mean it. You did not know it. They were sick insofar as their sense and yours were concerned. If you had had a consciousness of the truth that they were not sick, you would not have said a word, you would just have smiled. They would have said, "I Am well!" The same with the quotation, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." A beautiful quotation, but it remains a quotation until you understand it. Here is what I mean by using quotations with understanding. We will start this class with that quotation: "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Unless God is the mind of me there will be no truth expressing itself through or as me. Unless God is the mind of you, you will not even understand the truth that is being voiced. Since God is universal mind-since God is my only mind-the only thing that will be voiced in this room is truth expressing itself, God expressing and revealing itself. Since God is the mind of you, God will be revealing itself unto itself. Mind will be expressing its truth unto itself. Truth will not pass from me to you; it will not pass from God to you. The entire activity of truth will take place in the one Mind-the mind of me, which is the mind of you. Why is this the most important part of the entire teaching? Because I expect that from this moment on, every one of you will be called upon to do healing work. The first thing that you must remember is that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 29, 1964, Freedom Is an Activity Within Your Own Consciousness
- FREEDOM IS AN ACTIVITY WITHIN YOUR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS March 29, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE HUMAN BEING LIVES in a world of material sense, and this means that his measurement of life consists of amounts, weights, degrees, abundances, limitations. One of the first things an infant learns is that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. In other words, when he hits his head against a table he discovers that either the head or the table belongs there, but not both. As we grew up we measured everything in that manner; in relationship of power we ascribed good power to some germs and evil power to some germs. We ascribed powers of good to some individuals, powers of evil to other individuals. Therefore, in the materialistic sense of life we are always conferring powers upon some one or some thing. The entire human experience is made up of this combination of good and evil, externalized good and evil, and we give power to everything external to ourselves. As a matter of fact we seldom reserve any power at all, any dominion to our selves. Practically everything good comes from someone or something, and practically everything evil comes from someone or something, and we are either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely do we acknowledge that we have dominion. This is the materialistic concept of life. As you come to a mystical teaching you begin to reverse this, and as a rule you start with the word God. Not only do you begin to give more power to God and less power to the external world, but you even give power to God "over" the external world. In other words you turn to God as a power over disease, and all orthodox religion is built on that premise because all of their prayers are for healing or for well-being. Unlike the metaphysicians, they do not have the same faith that it is going to happen, but orthodoxy does give lip service to the belief that God is a power over disease. It is in this same way that families ask for prayers of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...thin Your Own Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 97K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 12, Good Unfolding as the Activity of Individual Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOOD UNFOLDING AS THE ACTIVITY OF INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS Let us begin to tie in the threads-these threads of consciousness-in order to form a strong cord of realization and understanding, and bring this down to practical application, in other words, have the Word become flesh. Our effort, our desire, our prayer, is to understand God. That means to understand infinity, eternality, and immortality. Since God is the subject of our work, of our understanding, and of our revelation, then infinity, immortality, and eternality must be the nature of its effect in our experience. It may not be that today or tomorrow or next week-or even next year-we shall demonstrate the fullness of God, the allness of God. But God is all; God is infinite, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient; and in the degree of our awareness of that, we will bring forth those quantities and qualities of allness. Just because we have not completed our demonstration of the ascension does not mean that we have not caught the vision of God. Having caught that vision of God, we can go forward with patience to that time when the allness of God is revealed in the experience of ascension above the whole world of belief. It was only during the final moments of Jesus' ministry that he could say, "I have overcome the world." 1 So it will only be in the moment of ascension, in the moment when the fullness of realization comes to us, that we, too, can say, "I have overcome the world." But that is no excuse on our part to delay the climb-the unfoldment or revelation. There is no excuse for us to wait until the day of retirement when we shall have more time, or until the day of death when we shall have still more time. Our day begins now. And if that day is followed each succeeding day with a continued unfoldment of consciousness, there will be no such thing as a day of death: There will be a continuous experience of unfolding good. All of you who have caught this vision of God as consciousness and of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Individual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 132K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Supply The entire subject of supply must be approached from the standpoint, not of your supply or mine, but of what is the principle of supply? In the spiritual realm we always deal with principles, and when we deal with principles, the truth about any principle is true of any and every individual. The only reason we do not all equally demonstrate a specific principle is that we do not know the truth. We can demonstrate only whatever of truth we know. "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,"1 but you must know it and I must know it, and any truth that we do not know we cannot expect to demonstrate. Impersonalizing Supply In demonstrating supply the first step is to impersonalize it, so that you do not think in terms of "my" supply or "your" supply, because there is no truth about "your" supply or "my" supply. There is only the truth about supply, and this truth is universal. It makes no difference whether it is the financing of our families, our church, or financing a world-wide movement because once this principle is learned, the amount involved is of no importance. It is just as easy to demonstrate a hundred thousand dollars a year as it is one thousand dollars a year, if the principle is known and understood and if there is a legitimate need for the larger amount. Spiritually, no one could demonstrate even one dollar if behind the attempted demonstration there is a wrong motive, a selfish motive, or a destructive one. It would take many weeks to show you step by step the way in which I learned these principles, but I can give you the principles I have learned and those that I have watched in operation in the financing of my personal needs, those of my family, those of the Infinite Way, and in these thirty years all that I have witnessed in the experience of our students. The Invisible Supply of a Tree To begin with, supply is never visible. No one has ever seen supply. All that you can ever see of supply is the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Two, Begin Prayer with the Word God
- ... A person can be the most unregenerate sinner in the world, but he will be made as white as snow in the moment that he contacts God. It makes no difference what his fears or sins may be today. Do not sit in judgment on him; do not criticize or condemn him. Remember that your function is to reveal the Christ, and instead of sitting in judgment on the Magdalenes and thieves and alcoholics, turn around and love them, forgive them, understand them, and place them in God's keeping where God's love and God's forgiveness and God's grace can reach them. One second of God-realization will dispel any sin, any disease, or any fear that has ever existed on the face of the earth-but it must be God-realization and not just talk about God or preaching about God. God-experience must come to you, and that experience is what dispels the sins, diseases, and illusions of the world. Keep your consciousness attuned to God, never bringing your thought down to the level of a patient, a discord, or an ... Out of the spiritualized individual consciousness come the great works of the masters, and in proportion to this deepening and enriching of consciousness will come forth the great works given you to do. I do not expect that the day will ever come when there will be one church on earth, since for many generations to come there will be varying states and stages of consciousness, but this need not in any way interfere with the ultimate realization of the great truth that there is but one God, and this God is the God of all churches, and therefore, regardless of our affiliation or nonaffiliation, we are brothers to one another. And now a final word: If you find it difficult to forgive those who have offended you or yours, pray daily that God forgive them. Forgiveness is one of the great spiritual qualities, but personal sense does make it difficult at times for us to understand and demonstrate the true nature of forgiveness. Nevertheless, we can always turn to God and ask that God forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...in Prayer with the Word God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 9, The Revelation of Spiritual Identity
- 9) The Revelation of Spiritual Identity The only reason the subject of spiritual healing is emphasized in our work is that the practice of this kind of healing deepens and enriches consciousness, and through this practice, the everyday problems of life touch us in a decidedly minor degree. But healing work is not the end or the object of our being on the spiritual path. Rather is it incidental to the major goal of attaining God-realization. Anyone who has had any experience in metaphysics must have observed that the life ambition of far too many students is to become either healthy or prosperous, but, at some time or other, these students must learn that lack is not as great a problem as it has been painted, nor is illness. In fact, both disease and lack may serve as incentives to drive us out of the physical and mental limitations with which we have bound ourselves. These limitations are brought about not because the mind and the body are evil or sick, but only because both mind and body have been conditioned by the belief in two powers. A mistake often made by students in their practice of spiritual healing, and one which has been pointed out in previous chapters, is to treat effects-headaches, storms, cancers, polio-denying them or in some way trying to handle them. Never make that mistake. Never under any circumstance treat heart disease, tuberculosis, or any disease of which you have ever heard, or any accident. These are only effects. If you could remove every one of them, the cause would still be there, and the cause is a belief in two powers, a belief in the carnal mind. If, at this moment, you could be made whole, nothing would stop you from becoming sick or poor again tomorrow, unless you, yourself, had come to the realization that the healing that had taken place was not one of lack or limitation, of fear, of sin or false appetites, of polio, cancer, blindness, or deafness: the healing was in being freed from the belief in two powers-good and evil. Once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Spiritual Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 154K
Find Similar Documents