The GIft of Love: Chapter 4, Our Love for God
- ~ 4 ~ OUR LOVE FOR GOD Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5 That is a command. But how many persons are there in the world who feel a real love for God? Love, itself, is somewhat of an abstraction, and certainly to love an unknown or invisible God does not bring forth a very tangible or warm feeling. Eventually, however, there must come into individual consciousness a love for God that is deeper than any love that a human being has ever known. That cannot come about if we persist in thinking of God as an impersonal principle, an impersonal law, or an impersonal life. True, God is all that, but God is more than that. To me, God is very personal. Tennyson said that God is "closer . . . than breathing, and nearer than hands and feet." Surely he was not thinking of anything as cold as mathematics or as impersonal as music. He must have felt a warmth that was close to his heart, almost a personal presence. The love of which I speak is a love that comes of a union when like meets like. Only when we are in the highest state of spiritual being do we come face to face with that which is truly God. It is God the Father and God the son meeting, and in that union love is generated. That is when love is felt, not for a reason, not because we have gained what we sought, but because we have found our home in His bosom. Since only God can tabernacle with God, it is only when you and I rise above our humanhood into a state of spiritual awareness that we can meet God. Then it is literally true that God, appearing as individual being, is fusing with God, God coming into conscious union or oneness with God. It is like two persons on the same level of thought meeting and falling in love, or forming a deep and lasting friendship. In one instant there is a fusion. They know that they have known each other since time began and, as time evolves, they find that they have things in common: music, literature, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 4, Our Love for God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: December 22, 1963, A Christmas Message
- A CHRISTMAS MESSAGE December 22, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD MORNING. The Infinite Way has made a tremendous contribution to the world in the revelation that God is consciousness. Heretofore, God has not been identified in this way. Even though this does not make it possible to put your finger on God, it does give you the realization of why God is closer to you than breathing, and why whatever good is to come forth in your experience is to come forth from your consciousness. For thousands of years the entire world has been mistaken in believing that good must come from outside, that someone can give you your health or your supply or your freedom, whereas your own consciousness is the storehouse of all of this. The Civil War did not seem to convince the world that you do not give freedom to anyone by going to war about it. What has happened is that we now have a second Civil War, but it is a difficult thing to erase from the human mind the belief that our salvation exists "out there" and that we can attain it by armies and navies and guns and water hoses. Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear are beginning to realize that The Infinite Way contribution is this: Since God is consciousness and since God is the consciousness of the individual, you must seek your good not outside from your neighbor or from your government, but from within yourselves by what you express. This is now becoming so recognized that many of the orthodox religious teachings are being changed to bring this into greater manifestation. So it is that, beginning in this present era, you will witness a change in every religion, leading the world back to the kingdom of God, the kingdom of power, the kingdom of grace that is within each and every individual. The greater our realization that we are living by grace and that this grace is established within us, the greater the contribution we can make to the world. This is our reason for being here. Remember this: What you and I can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., 1963, A Christmas Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 62K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 26, Universal and Specific Belief
- ~ 26 ~ UNIVERSAL AND SPECIFIC BELIEF Universal and specific beliefs must be handled until we reach a state of consciousness in which the continuity of good has been realized. Then our mental work will be lessened, as spiritual revelation takes its place. Outside of Christian Science, humans are born, mature, age, decompose, and die. (All in belief, under the mesmerism of the Adam-dream). In Science, we annul the beliefs and claims of mortal existence one by one, as they appear until, in a measure, the ordinary experiences of mortality leave us untouched. There comes a time in our experience when spiritual inspiration reveals to individual consciousness a state of being free of mortal conditions and beliefs. Then we no longer live a life of constant mental denial and affirmation, but rather receive constant unfoldments of truth from mind. Sometimes this comes through no other channel than our own thought. It may come from a lecture, or in a published article, or it may be revealed through a statement in metaphysical writings. Regardless of the channel through which it may come, it is mind revealing itself to individual consciousness. Then, be sure that until this light comes, you handle whatever universal beliefs present themselves to you. As individual consciousness, we contain within ourselves all that is necessary to our well-being. There can be no sense of personal responsibility, when we know that God, divine love, completely provides within us all that is necessary for our unfoldment. As we give up personal responsibility, we receive divine strength, desire, and ability to help all those who for the moment may seem to need us. It is the divine "I or us" that fills the need of the patient, families or friends. Never do they need the personal you or me. As to our being ready to work from the point of spiritual revelation, that is never a matter for human decision. You just work as it comes to you to work, remembering that the human mind is not the healer; that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iversal and Specific Belief.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 59K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: The New Horizon
- THE NEW HORIZON THE SENSE which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which produces the entire dream of human existence. It must be understood that there is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. It must be realized that the entire human scene is mesmeric suggestion, and we must rise above the desire for even good human conditions. Understand fully that suggestion, belief, or hypnotism is the substance, or fabric, of the whole mortal universe and that human conditions of both good and evil are dream pictures having no reality or permanence. Be willing for the harmonious as well as the inharmonious conditions of mortal existence to disappear from your experience in order that reality may be known and enjoyed and lived. Above this sense-life, there is a universe of Spirit governed by Love, peopled with children of God living in the household or temple of Truth. This world is real and permanent: Its substance is eternal Consciousness. In it there is no awareness of discords or even of temporary and material good. The first glimpse of Reality - of the Soul-realm - comes with the recognition and realization of the fact that all temporal conditions and experiences are products of self-hypnotism. With the realization that the entire human scene - its good as well as its evil - is illusion, come the first glimpse and taste of the world of God's creation and of the sons of God who inhabit the spiritual kingdom. Now, in this moment of uplifted consciousness, we are able, even though faintly, to see ourselves free of material, mortal, human, and legal laws. We behold ourselves separate and apart from the bondage of sense, and in a measure we glimpse the unlimited boundaries of eternal Life and of infinite Consciousness. The fetters of finite existence begin to fall away; the price tags begin to disappear. We no longer dwell in thought on human happiness or prosperity, nor is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...finite Way_ The New Horizon.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 77K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 1, Invisible Selfhood
- In other words, I, even as Jesus or even as Joel, am linked up with the invisible Selfhood so that the Selfhood of me is the Allness of me, and it is It which doeth the works. However, it is not an It out there, not an It up there; it is an It that is my very being. Therefore to come into the completeness, into the fulfillment, of the Christ experience is to know the nature of God aright-to know that you are not dealing with a figure that you have to beg from, plead with, worship, and fear; not one that you have to be afraid of, that you have to sacrifice to or for. Know this Truth: that you are dealing with Life itself, always in expression. You are dealing with pure Life, a Life-being that is too pure to hold you responsible for even the sins of omission or commission. Therefore release yourself from these complexes and realize that in the instant that you understand God as your true Being, you begin to purify your own consciousness so that the state of consciousness that enables you to do wrong no longer exists. In that there is the forgiveness, and only in that. While we have the capacity to repeat our sins, we are in the position the Master spoke of when He said, "Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." He recognized that even though He lifted up the sinner to a certain extent, they still had the capacity to go and sin again. They had not completely received the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, and that was a task that each individual had to do themselves. Any spiritual practitioner or teacher can forgive you your sins and release you from the penalty, but it only lasts a short time, because you still have the capacity to return to that same state of consciousness and to perform the same actions, or thoughts, or deeds. Dwell in this conscious realization of an indwelling Presence: "I can do all things through Christ"; "I can do all things through Christ which dwelleth in me. I can do all things through the indwelling Spirit." If it so be the Spirit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Invisible Selfhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Part 2, Foreword - The Meditation of My Heart
- FOREWORD THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. PSALMS 19:14 Meditation is an experience, and inasmuch as this experience is an individual one, it can never be confined within the limits of any predetermined pattern. Meditate; pray; dwell in the secret place of the most High in quietness and in peace; and you will discover that the truth you are seeking already abides within you. Christ, the great light, is within you. Christ is the healer; Christ is the multiplier of loaves and fishes; Christ is that which supports, maintains, and sustains; but It is already within you. You will never find health, supply, or companionship by searching for them. These are embodied within you and they will unfold from your within-ness, as you learn to commune with the Father. You can draw on your Christhood for anything, and it will flow out from you to the extent of your realization of this truth. You are self-complete in God. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ, you are fulfilled in all your completeness. In this self-completeness in God, there is only one thing for which to pray; there is only one thing needful-spiritual illumination. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. Ask for spiritual illumination, for the gift of the Spirit, and God will reveal Itself as fulfillment. In moments of uplifted consciousness, the ensuing meditations unfolded from within, revealing the gifts of the Spirit. These meditations follow no established or prescribed pattern, but each one is an expression of the spiritual impulse flowing into form. They are not to be followed slavishly nor are they to be used as a formula. Their only purpose is to serve as an inspiration, so that you may glimpse the beauty and joy of this experience and be encouraged to undertake the discipline required to discover the unplumbed depths of your own within-ness and, in so doing, launch forth into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Meditation of My Heart.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 67K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 7, Children of a Spiritual Union
- ~ 7 ~ CHILDREN OF A SPIRITUAL UNION A man and a woman who marry with the enlightened attitude that the children born to them have a higher destiny than to be born of the flesh alone are recognizing the spiritual truth that God is to appear on earth in another form, that another son of God is to come into expression, not their child, not somebody who looks like them, but somebody who looks like God and acts like God. When two persons unite in marriage in that realization, their children will be born into their Christhood because before conception the parents will know that their coming together is just their part in giving the child visible expression, but will also recognize that no man on earth is its true father and no woman on earth is its true mother. There is but one Father, God; and God is the creator, the maintainer, and sustainer of all. Parents are but the instruments through which God's grace expressed as individual being comes to earth. God is the child's Father and Mother, his creative Principle. Therefore, all that God is and shows forth will become the nature of the child. Once the Spirit of God is universally recognized, there will be a different breed of children brought forth on earth. Children then will show forth not the glory of their human but of their divine parentage, manifested as the grace and capacity of that divine Parent.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ildren of a Spiritual Union.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 58K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 31, 1963, My Consciousness
- My CONSCIOUSNESS March 31, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I WAS VERY MUCH SURPRISED when I came in today and saw so many of you greeting me as if you knew me, because I am not the same fellow I was yesterday. Appearances must be very deceitful because the Joel of yesterday is gone. So this may not be a talk but a soliloquy. Up to yesterday I had been saying in my correspondence with some who know me very well that all of the inner unrest in me is because my song has not yet been sung-but my song now has been sung. Last night I sat up reading the chapters of the new book and it is all there, so from now on I am a retired gentleman of leisure! As you again go over the tapes and the writings of the past fifteen years, you too will find that it is all there. You just have to separate the metaphysics from the mysticism, and you will find that it is all there on both subjects. To begin with, you note in the writings and in the recordings that attention is called over and over again to the statement that our principal task is to know the nature of God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." You cannot possibly realize how true this is until you catch the first glimpse of the nature of God, not intellectually but in your heart. Then you will be able to look up and out at this world and say, "No wonder you have had such horrible troubles all of these centuries because you have never known God." No one would ever pray to God if they knew God or knew the nature of God, and I mean pray in the way in which orthodox people have been taught to pray and the way in which metaphysicians have been taught to treat. What makes it so difficult is that regardless of what our religious background has been or has not been, we still think of God consciously or subconsciously or unconsciously as if there were a God separate and apart from our own being. It is only when you realize, "God is my own consciousness" that all of a sudden the shoulders relax and you breathe a deep sigh and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 31, 1963, My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Darkness to Light
- DARKNESS TO LIGHT UNLESS GOD shows forth our existence, we will labor in vain to make a success of life. So we take for a starting point the first verse of the 127th Psalm: "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." It is possible to achieve great things in life through human means. Men have become wealthy, risen to great political and military power, achieved great things with the human mind and will, but in many cases the results of human effort have not been permanent or have not given the happiness that was promised. Unless God produce for us, the product is apt not to be lasting or satisfying. When God produces for us our work is fruitful and brings happiness and joy with it. What is happiness? George Bernard Shaw writes: "This is true joy in life: the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap-heap; the being a force of nature instead of a little clot of illnesses complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." In his comment of Shaw's wisdom, John Mason Brown writes: "What happiness is, no person can say for another; but no one, I am sure, can be happy who lives only for himself. The joy of living comes only from immersion in something - anything - bigger, better, more enduring, worthier than we (humans) are. People, ideas, causes - these are for the one possible escape - not merely from selfishness, but from the hungers of solitude and the sorrows of aimlessness. Don't turn your back deliberately on the procession. Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little, we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from dedicating ourselves to a purpose." Indeed, you are here as a part of a great cause. You are that place where God shines through. There is no way for God to express Itself finitely. You are infinite. In realizing your true identity, you have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ Darkness to Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 88K
Find Similar Documents