Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1959, Christhood
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Christhood RUNNING throughout the early history of the Hebrew people as recorded in the Bible is one central theme-the revelation of the Christ. All the prophets, major and minor, in some degree demonstrated the omnipresence of good in the midst of darkness, despair, lack, limitation, starvation, and danger. All the major Hebrew prophets protected their people from the disasters of war and the depredations of neighboring nations; protected them from famine, lack, and limitation; protected them from greater physical powers than their own; and overcame the handicaps that tended to prevent them from securing some measure of education and economic and political independence. In other words, they demonstrated the Christ. Even though nowhere in any Hebrew literature with which I am familiar does it seem to be recognized that what every one of these prophets was demonstrating was in reality the activity and presence of the Christ in human consciousness; nevertheless, these great demonstrations of protection, supply, and harmony, as narrated in the books of the Old Testament, were not tricks of magic, making something appear out of nothing: They were demonstrations of the presence of the Christ under every adverse circumstance and condition. God-Power Individualized The point is that not only is God power, but a person can demonstrate this power, and the individual demonstration of the power of God is tangible evidence of the activity of the Christ in human consciousness. God is one and God is power, and the individual showing forth of this God-power is the Christ made manifest, the Word made flesh. Only as we read the record of the various Hebrew prophets, do we catch a glimpse of the fact that they themselves realized the omnipresence of God-power in them and recognized that they individually were exemplifying It. The New Testament is a continuation of the history of the Hebrew people, but of a people now raised to a higher dimension of life, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1959, Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 123K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VIII, The Mystical I
- CHAPTER VIII THE MYSTICAL I The search for God must be conducted within, but this does not mean within our body because no amount of mental or physical probing has ever revealed the kingdom of God in any person's body. Therefore, we can quickly put aside any idea of searching for it in the spinal cord, stomach, heart, or even in the brain. The Kingdom is to be found within-within us. This leads us to the questions: Who are we? What are we? Where are we? Most of us already know that we are not confined to our body, and once we know that, we have taken a tremendous leap forward on the spiritual path, because if we are convinced that we are not in the body, it should not take very long or involve overmuch reasoning to establish the truth that being out of the body and invisible, we must be incorporeal and spiritual, something other than body. So, when we seek the kingdom of God within, we are not seeking for it inside the body, not even in the mind: we are seeking within ourselves. To understand the nature of life as consciousness reveals how it is possible for the kingdom of God to be within us, within our consciousness, within that part of us which knows, but within no particular part of our body. Consciousness alone constitutes the Self. When we have realized ourselves as consciousness and can look at our body in a mirror and thank God that we are not there, thank God that we have a body, but that we are not in the body-we are invisible-we shall begin to understand the Master's great teachings which are the "open sesame" to progress on the spiritual path. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." How can the son of that Father be other than spiritual being, spiritual entity and identity, incorporeal and invisible being? How can that son of God be seen walking the earth? The truth is that our real Self is never seen by anybody: it is completely invisible. True, our body is visible, but we are not. We are hid with the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VIII, The Mystical I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 13, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 13 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED IT HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE CLEAR to me that the real purpose of spiritual teaching is not merely making the demonstration of daily living, daily harmony, even peace and health, in the human way. There is a higher sense to life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or making physical life last a few years longer, or increasing one's income by ten dollars a week, or even a thousand dollars a week. Realize that life is spirit; therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual, and our entire existence can show forth the harmonies and perfections of spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. This is the message. Now, one of the scriptural passages that opens to us a great deal of this thought is the one we are using as the basis for tonight's talk. Let me read a line from the book of Galatians, chapter six: "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting." 1 Be not deceived; God is not mocked. If you look out at the human world, I am sure you will contend that God is mocked. When you see the sin, the disease, the wars, the depressions, it is an impossibility to believe this verse, "God is not mocked." Surely, God has never planned such scenes as we witness in the human world for its creation. Therefore, if we were to judge by the human experience, we would have to agree that God is mocked. We are told that God said: "I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth," 2 yet not only are the highways filled with death every day, but we send out the flower of youth to make sure they get killed off even faster than we would normally do it in traffic! Yes! In the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in spiritual healing work, any measure of time with people suffering with cancer and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 10, Metaphysics of the Infinite Way - Knowing god Is
- ... In other words, you can't declare God's allness today and then tomorrow wonder what wrong thoughts may be doing some evil to you; or wonder why mortal mind is doing this to you; or wonder if you're being punished for some sin of omission or commission. There has to be a consistency, as well as persistence, in holding to the truth that there is but one power. If you have sinned, that isn't a power because God didn't create the sin or the penalty for it. Therefore, it has no existence in that one mind, or consciousness, which is God. God being the only law, is a law of eternal forgiveness. And if you need to prove it to yourself, read the New Testament and find that Jesus had no condemnation for the adulteress; Jesus had no condemnation for those taken in the act. Jesus had no condemnation for any form of sin. Always it was: "'Neither do I condemn thee.' Start all over again." You begin to find that, instead of holding yourself in condemnation to a power of punishment, you begin to abide in your realization that God is an eternal state of forgiveness. God is starting all over every second of every minute and every minute of every hour. Every second is a fresh one; the past is dead, and the future never comes. The ... Divine love is something I have to express, and when I express divine love, it meets my every human need. There is no divine love sitting on a cloud; there is no divine love floating around here in the air. The only divine love in this room is the divine love which we permit to flow out from us. And divine love doesn't mean human love, or emotion, or sensuality. Divine love means spiritual love, which means forgiveness, patience, cooperation, gentleness, charitableness. All of these things are embraced in divine love, and as we express them they meet our every human need. If we do not express them, they are unexpressed and are not meeting our human need. That experience is an illustration of what I'm saying to you in this entire lesson: that the truth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...finite Way - Knowing god Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 1, Pure Being
- ... We must love the Lord our God with all our heart and with all our soul in the realization that He is too pure to behold iniquity or to cause it. He is the very light of the world, and in Him is no darkness at all. ONENESS OF GOD AND MAN When that conviction becomes bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh and when we have a God wholly good, we ourselves then are wholly good, for "I and my Father are one. 4 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 5 All the qualities we now attribute to God-all the purity, goodness, justice, love, and forgiveness-are in reality qualities of man, for God and man are one, just as the glass and the tumbler are one. What is the nature of the tumbler? Is there a tumbler or is there just glass? Is the tumbler merely a name for the form as which the glass is appearing? Glass is the essence of the tumbler; glass is its quality. How strong is the tumbler? As strong as the glass of which it is made. How beautiful is the tumbler? As ... It is for this reason that the Master taught us to forgive seventy times seven, to pray for our enemies, and to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. The reason is that anything you do to another you are doing unto yourself because there is but one Self, and I am that Self. Be assured that even the money that you give to benevolences is only being transferred from your right-hand pocket to your left-hand pocket, because I is the only Selfhood, and therefore, what you give never leaves you. This is the bread that you cast on the water of life which comes back to you. The forgiveness that you give to those who have offended you is the forgiving of yourself because there is no other Self than I AM, and without the forgiving of others, there can be no forgiving of yourself, for I am the only other. When you pray for your enemies, you are praying for yourself. You are doing unto others as you would have others do unto you, and the reason is that the enemy is yourself. Therein ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness_ Chapter 1, Pure Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 183K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1959, Specific Truth For Treatment
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE Specific Truth for Treatment THE nature of specific treatment is a subject about which too many of our students know far too little, although it is probably one of the most important subjects included in the teaching of The Infinite Way, because everything which takes place in our experience has to take place in and through our own consciousness: We cannot live outside our own consciousness; we cannot even die outside our own consciousness. Everything that happens to us from birth to death and, for that matter, everything before birth and after death is an activity of our consciousness. Therefore, no treatment that you can give will be any better than your knowledge of treatment, nor will it have any more power in it than your own consciousness of truth because a treatment is your consciousness of truth. Therefore, the success of a treatment will be in direct proportion to your consciousness of truth. A successful treatment cannot be some kind of a fuzzy, vague, half-hearted statement, nor can it be in the realm of such generalities as, "God is all," or, "God is love." Whether you realize it or not, even if it is a treatment in which there are no words or thoughts, it has to be specific. Furthermore, a specific treatment without words or thoughts is only possible after you have gained such an awareness of the truth that you do not have to put it into words or thoughts: The words or thoughts have become realized consciousness. In your highest spiritual realization, there is no need for words or thoughts. For example, if under ordinary circumstances you call upon me for help, I would not have to think a thought or declare a truth, but I would be a perfect vacuum. The healing would be accomplished because the consciousness of truth developed over a period of years of practice has given me the conviction that I am, and if I am, you are, and all that I am, you are-but I know that. I know that this is truth because of all the years of demonstration and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pecific Truth For Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:05- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1958, The Practice of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Practice of Spiritual Healing To be successful in spiritual healing, it is necessary to come out and be separate -to adopt a clear principle from which there is no deviation. In order to be free and to free others, you yourself must know the nature of spiritual healing. The correct premise for healing is that God constitutes individual being, individual you and me; God constitutes your being and mine; and there is nothing which can defile that pure spiritual being. There is no cause save one: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." 1 Spiritual healing cannot be based on the fact that there is something to be removed and that, in order to remove it, you must find its cause and then get rid of its effect. Nowhere in the New Testament does the Master indicate that there is a mental cause for physical disease; nowhere does he say to anyone, "You are ill because of this, that, or the other thing"; nowhere does he say that you are being held in bondage to this error because of that error; nowhere does he say that there is a cause for disease. Rather he demonstrated irrefutably his firm conviction that disease is not a power: "Stretch forth thine hand. 2 . . . Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 3 . . . Lazarus, come forth." 4 Do these words indicate that sickness has a cause or that disease was created by God? Spiritual healing is an acknowledgment of God as the infinity of being, as the infinity of your being and mine. Anything unlike God which presents itself to us is merely a state of mesmerism, a suggestion coming to us for our acceptance or rejection. It makes no difference whether the suggestion comes in the form of a sin or a disease, of unemployment or lack, the treatment is the same-the recognition that we are not dealing with physical conditions, but that we are dealing purely with a state of hypnotism. When we realize that, a large percentage of our healing work is accomplished. Then, can it make any difference whether ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...actice of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 150K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XX, The Meaning of Initiation
- CHAPTER XX THE MEANING OF INITIATION Initiation is an act of Grace bestowed on individuals at a certain time in their unfoldment, lifting them into the master-state of consciousness. There is far less opportunity for a student to attain initiation in the Western World than in the Eastern because in the West we are brought up from childhood with the idea of equality. We are taught that we are all equal, and therefore we do not have the correct understanding of the role of a spiritual teacher, or what spiritual consciousness is. We do not realize that while we may have political and economic equality, we are far from being equal in spiritual development. We of the Western World do not lend ourselves to becoming students of a spiritual teaching. Oh yes, we are very eager in the first year or so to jump up from the status of a beginner into being at least a master, and then going on from there. Attaining the spiritual life, however, does not come so quickly: it is a life of continuous dedication to that which is greater than we are. Personally, I do not believe that a student can consciously prepare for initiation, nor have I ever seen anyone who had initiation as his goal achieve it. Rather the goal must always be the attainment of that mind that was in Christ Jesus without any thought of receiving initiation or experiencing the effects of initiation. As the student takes his first steps on the Path leading to illumination, he learns to meditate on the indwelling Spirit. Initiation carries him from one step to another into the awareness of the Presence, on and on and on, purifying him to the extent that he no longer wants God to destroy his enemies, but is willing always to forgive and love them because he knows that it is only through their ignorance that evil is being expressed. He is purified to such a degree that he no longer wishes to gain his ends by any personal sense of might or power. In way after way his life becomes so purified that it is lived in dedication ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Meaning of Initiation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 139K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 17, Opening Consciousness to Truth
- ~ 17 ~ OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO TRUTH TONIGHT WE ARE GOING TO START with a short period of meditation, but it will be a different meditation than we have had before, in that instead of taking the word into consciousness and pondering it, this time we just will open consciousness and listen. We will just open consciousness for that inflow. We can visualize it this way. Using the illustration of Niagara Falls and Lake Erie, we will suppose here that I am Niagara Falls and in and of myself I am continuously using up myself so that ultimately there would be nothing left, especially in three or four years or ten or twenty. Instead of that, let us know that behind me, as Niagara Falls, there is Lake Erie. As a matter of fact, actually there is no Niagara Falls-Niagara Falls is only a name given to Lake Erie at one corner where it goes over the Falls. Now, so with us. We call ourselves man, but actually we aren't. We are God, but that which is visible of us here is God where God becomes visible, where God comes to a focus, you may say, in an individual yet infinite manner. In other words, it is like realizing that Niagara Falls and Lake Erie are not two but one, and all that Lake Erie is, of course, Niagara is; all that Lake Erie has, Niagara has. But Lake Erie is continuously pouring itself forth as Niagara. So with us. God is forever pouring itself forth as individual you and me. There is really no place where God ends and man begins. I and the Father are one, and that is the meaning of this. There is no place where you can separate us and say here is God and here is man, any more than you can say that up to there is Lake Erie and from here on is Niagara Falls. There is no such place in the whole watershed. Now, since it is true that all of the Godhead is pouring itself forth as individual you and me, the only reason for any lack in our experience, whether it is lack of health or lack of wealth or a lack of opportunity or a lack of any form, is the fact that we have come ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ning Consciousness to Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 141K
Find Similar Documents