Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XI, The Relationship of Oneness
- CHAPTER XI THE RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS Your world and mine is an outpicturing of our consciousness: When that consciousness is imbued with truth, our universe expresses harmony, orderliness, prosperity, joy, peace, power, and dominion; when there is an absence of truth in our consciousness-an acceptance of world values and world beliefs-then our world takes on the complexion of the chance, change, and luck characteristic of world belief. All conditions reflect the activity of the consciousness of the individuals concerned. Your world is embodied in your consciousness; it reflects the state of your consciousness because your consciousness governs your world. Your awareness of truth is the law unto your world; but, on the other hand, your ignorance of truth likewise becomes a law unto it. For example, there is no law of darkness because you know that darkness can be dispelled by the presence of light. Yet in the absence of light, darkness would claim presence; and just so in the absence of truth in your consciousness, ignorance, lies, appearances, discords, and inharmony claim to be present. Therefore, in the absence of the activity of truth in your consciousness, your world will reflect chance, luck, human belief, medical belief, or astrological belief; but the activity of truth operating in and as your consciousness becomes a law of harmony unto everything in your world and makes everything concerning you reflect the harmony of your consciousness. Suppose that you find yourself in a situation where you are faced with a roomful of people with whom you must work in some capacity or other-talk to them, instruct them, or serve them. As you look at them, they present a variety of appearances-good people, bad, sick, well, rich, and poor. How can you establish a sense of oneness with all these people? To feel a sense of union with any other person means, first of all, that you must make your contact with the Spirit within and find your own completeness; you must make your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Relationship of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIII, A New Concept of Supply
- This "giving away" has no relationship to amounts-to the number of dollars or of anything else: Giving has to do with the degree of givingness. It is the acknowledgment that supply is giving out, not gathering in. Giving need not necessarily begin with the giving of anything material, money or things-with giving anything. It may begin with the giving up of some things: the giving up of resentment, jealousy, and hate; the giving up of the desire to get recognition, reward, remuneration, gratitude, and cooperation. Simultaneously with this "giving up" will come the giving of patience, co-operation, love, and forgiveness. Give in the realization that it is not what you get that is your supply: It is what you give. It may be that you have been holding on too tightly to money. If so you will have to learn how to release it, and by turning it loose, set in motion the flow that inevitably returns to you. This is not to be construed as throwing money or any good thing away prodigally or ... Realize that God is infinite and that your supply is as infinite as God. And what about those who let their fruit stay on the tree, who do not pluck it? How quickly they learn that a tree can wither and give forth no more fruit: Only as you pluck the fruit and gather the blossoms from the flower bushes does the Life- force begin its work of multiplication, pushing out twice as much as before. Your supply becomes evident only in the proportion that you love your neighbor-give out love, give out forgiveness, give out co-operation-but give always without seeking a return. Only the gross materialist gives and then seeks a return. The true spiritual light gives out of the fullness of a heart of givingness, seeking no return. There is no need for any kind of a return: God is one's sufficient return. To understand this is to understand one of the major healing principles of The Infinite Way: Your consciousness of truth determines your supply, not a God somewhere, not a Christ somewhere, not a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...II, A New Concept of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Ten, An Act of Commitment
- CHAPTER TEN AN ACT OF COMMITMENT As I sat in meditation these words came to me, "the womb of Silence," and with them it was as if there were a tremendous silence, large and round, and this was the womb out of which all creation came.1 All creation was formed in this womb of Silence. There was not a man, but there was a universe: the earth, the rocks, the trees, streams, seas, skies, suns, moons, and planets-all this flowing forth as an unfoldment from this huge womb of penetrating, complete stillness-yet more than stillness: absolute silence, quietness. It moves as if in a rhythm, and this rhythm not only forms it, but sustains creation with everything in its rightful place. Looking out into this universe, you can see that there is cold-snow and ice-in the north, and warmth in the south, flowers and trees of one nature in the north and of another in the south. This rhythm, the rhythm that is flowing from that Silence, maintains and sustains creation beautifully, all in its order. Eventually, man appears here and there on the face of the globe, also maintained by this rhythm that flows within his consciousness. It is a flow of rhythm that maintains the activity of the body, the organs and their functions. Everything seems to be responsive to this rhythm, and all this rhythm is flowing forth from that womb into form as grace, beauty, order, peace. The relationship between all these forms is harmonious. We could use the words "love" or "loving," but there is no love or loving: there is only a naturalness of peace, contentment, and this is the rhythm in expression, the rhythm of the universe. INHARMONY RESULTS FROM BEING OUTSIDE THE RHYTHM When anything goes wrong in our experience, it is because we are out of tune with this rhythm. We can observe the willow tree, how it moves with the breeze, almost flows with the breeze, and then imagine what would happen if it were to try to stand erect in that breeze or resist it. It would be broken. And so is man broken the moment ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Ten, An Act of Commitment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 5, A Purified Consciousness
- A Chapter Five A Purified Consciousness s we become receptive and responsive to the experience of God, we can embrace the whole universe within ourselves in meditation: This universe of God's creating is within me and within all being. God's love enfolds and upholds it. God's love enfolds all who are therein. God's love permeates this universe. All that exists in this universe God created, and it is spiritual. All that exists is of God, and God is the good unto this universe. Whoever it is, wherever it is, whatever it is, it is neither good nor evil but wholly spiritual, as of God. The good which is God permeates and maintains it. Every individual embraced in my consciousness is the son of God, the child of God, the offspring of God, God's own creation-not good and not evil. All those embraced in the spiritual universe are of God and therefore spiritual. Neither Good nor Evil in Form or Effect We do not label anyone good or evil. We place no labels on anyone, nor will we label any condition as good or evil. The moment some form of physical, mental, moral, or financial discord comes into our thought, we strip away the label of good or evil. We see it as a condition that exists, but a condition that exists not as good and not as evil. With such an attitude, we let it be translated into that which it is and thereby behold a harmony or a wholeness where heretofore there was discord or disease. Let us begin with this moment and remember that there is neither good nor evil in this world. Let us place no labels of good or evil upon anyone or anything. We acknowledge God as the only good, and we acknowledge that all that exists partakes of God's goodness. Regardless of any appearance that may be in our thought at this moment, we acknowledge that evil has no real or permanent existence. Whatever the appearance, we will call it neither good nor evil. It is a state of duality to behold good and evil. Whatever we see as a person, situation, or condition becomes good or evil in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, A Purified Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 7, 1963, Healing: To Know God Aright
- HEALING: TO KNOW GOD ARIGHT April 7, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii RELIGION IS A THING of the heart, and yet without some specific knowledge that is an activity of the mind, it is impossible to complete the religious life. The religious life has nothing to do with the church. Sometimes it may be found in a church, but a church is not necessary for religion because there are religious people in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart moves them toward it. That is why it is impossible to give anyone religion or a religious instinct. This is something that takes place within an individual at a certain period of his or her "ripeness." Sometimes in the Orient people use that very word "ripeness," or they speak of an individual being ripe or not ripe, and always it means the same thing-ready for the spiritual experience. Some can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill themselves, unless somewhere along the line certain aspects of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, which make it possible to attain illumination, attain fulfillment, attain that "peace that passeth understanding." One of these principles or facets you will quickly recognize. It is impossible to attain inner peace as long as you think of God as something separate and apart from yourself. Even if you have God "close to you" or "near you" or "caring for you," you still have missed the mark because God is the Self of you, your very own inner being, your very consciousness. Until you come into that awareness, there will always be an uncertainty or doubt, an incomplete relaxing in God. In the same way, you can never attain God realization while God remains a power, while you are looking to God to do something to someone or something. No, you cannot then be in God and at-one with God because there is no such God. That false image of God would always be a barrier. In The Infinite Way you will find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Healing_ To Know God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 7, 1964, Beyond Metaphysics-I Am
- BEYOND METAPHYSICS-I AM February 7, 1964 GOOD EVENING. Most of our students are having quite a difficult time making the transition from metaphysics to mysticism. Some have not even realized that there is a difference, that they have to die out of their metaphysics in order to be born into realization of their true identity-and here is a question that helps us very much in starting out on this subject: Question: My understanding is that mind is a human instrument. It can be used for good or evil. Here is a quote from your writings: " 'I' am behind the mind and 'I' can think thoughts through the mind, or 'I' can still the mind." Now who or what is 'I' in this statement?" Answer: It must be clear that it cannot be God, because you must understand that God cannot think. God cannot start anything and God cannot stop anything. There is no beginning in God and there is no ending in God. In metaphysical teachings it is said that "God thinks and we think after God." Of course that is not any more true than the fact that God punishes or rewards. God does not do anything. God is being, but God is being the same now as a million years ago, and the same as a million years from now. "God changeth not." That is why in theology there have been so many quarrels about how old the world is. Did God create the world ten thousand years ago? We were told so, but the truth of the matter is that this world never was created. There never was a beginning and there never will be an ending, for "God changeth not." 1 He does not start anything and he does not stop anything, and certainly God does not think any more than the principle of mathematics thinks, or the principle of science thinks, or the principle of chemistry thinks. The principle of all being certainly does not think. It is. It never thought 2 × 2 into being because there never could have been a time when 2 × 2 was other than 4. It never thought H2O into water, because H20 never could have been anything other than water. This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...4, Beyond Metaphysics--I Am.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 27, 1963, Pure Consciousness
- PURE CONSCIOUSNESS January 27, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US TALK A LITTLE BIT TODAY about consciousness. Consciousness is the most important word in the entire Infinite Way vocabulary. Nothing you can think of can ever take the place of the word consciousness. In our human existence we are states and stages of consciousness or degrees of consciousness. In its pure state consciousness is God, and in its pure state it constitutes our being. The moment we are conceived humanly, the consciousness we are begins to receive conditioning. The worst thing happens from the moment we are born, for we are then conditioned by all that parents think. What fears parents entertain and what hopes they entertain are transferred to the child. Then the child gets into school and is conditioned by school teachers, schoolmates, parents of schoolmates-picking up more conditioning. By the time the child gets out into the world it is convinced of ninety percent of things that are untrue. Then, out in the world, it adds to its own conditioning. From the moment we touch a metaphysical teaching, we begin to condition ourselves along other lines. Suppose it registered in our consciousness when we read, "Call no man your father on the earth: for there is but one, the Father in heaven." 1 If you pondered it and the principle ever registered, you would look around you and say, "Oh, then there is only one Creator and we are all children of that One. Then we are all equal in the sight of God." That alone would wipe out of an individual his prejudices and early conditioning. On this point you have a new consciousness. You have died to the state of consciousness which had biases and prejudices and have become one with your fellow man universally. On this one point you have become a new man. Eventually you would come to another extension of that same idea and could say, "If this is true, we derive our qualities, our inheritances, from that One." Let me give you a quotation from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, 1963, Pure Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 15, 1964, Impersonalization and Silence
- IMPERSONALIZATION AND SILENCE March 15, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii REMEMBERING THE SERIES that we concluded before we left on the trip to California, when you enter meditation and close your eyes to this world, remember that you are now in the corridor-or at least you are behind the door that opens to infinity. Through your consciousness you have access to the spiritual infinity of God, the kingdom of God, the realm of God, the world of God, the activity of God, the substance and the law of God. All of this is within you and yet the Master says "I stand at the door and knock." 1 I, the infinity, the kingdom, the realm, the world, the activity, thence, the law of God am closer to you than breathing, awaiting your invitation to enter-not to enter from outside because the kingdom of God is already within you, but to go from the center of you to the circumference-from the inner to the outer. This active meditation is really the opening of an inner door. In Los Angeles we started off with the dedication of a new study center, the one that has been opened by Mrs. Muhl. It is small, seats about forty students, is beautifully furnished, and will give an atmosphere for those out in the valley. California is certainly thriving; we had close to five hundred students in the Los Angeles class and close to four hundred in San Francisco. World work gets a great deal of attention in California, but you can see that world work is only going to produce fruitage as students can rise above their personal convictions. This presents a problem because we must in no wise lose our convictions. In other words it would be wrong to lose our convictions of what we believe to be right politically, economically, commercially, and internationally. When you come to world work you have to be in a position of being able to completely put those aside, first by acknowledging that no matter how much you are convinced that you are right, perhaps you are wrong. Let me illustrate: In my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...personalization and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 1, The Principle of Supply
- ... Being grateful for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle on a thousand hills, the trees that bloom, for all that we witness from waking until sleeping, for the fact that the principle of life is at work for us even while we are sleeping is to me the highest form of gratitude, because there is nothing personal in it. It is a sense of gratitude that the infinity of God is omnipresent for all of us to share. The fact that so few receive from this infinite abundance has nothing at all to do with God. There is no favoritism on the part of God. God does not give more to one than to another. God has no favorite children, no favorite race, no favorite nation, nor does God reward the virtuous and punish the sinful. It is difficult to accept the doctrine of God's rewarding the virtuous and punishing the sinful when one sees so many sweet, virtuous people suffering disease or lack while so many rascals abound in health and supply. Our supply is in direct proportion to our receptivity; that is, the degree of gratitude that we express, the degree of bread that we place upon the waters in the form of benevolence, forgiveness, praying for our enemies, and so forth demonstrates our receptivity, because then we are expressing the spiritual principle of supply. Tithing Years ago gratitude was expressed by tithing to the church, the source of spiritual food and spiritual comfort. The church was also often the only source of material help. When tithing was directed to the church from a sense of gratitude for its benevolence, it was a blessing to both the giver and the receiver. However, eventually some shrewd individuals figured out that by giving 10 percent they might get 90 percent in return, and tithing became a percentage deal. Because of this, tithing lost its effectiveness and eventually disappeared as a general custom, although it continued among the Mormons, the Quakers, and some minority groups. But, on the whole, tithing is no longer recognized, as it once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1, The Principle of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 115K
Find Similar Documents