The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 11, Three Principles and Their Practice
- ~ 11 ~ THREE PRINCIPLES AND THEIR PRACTICE Good Evening. We are working now with specific healing principles of the Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting problems of our everyday living. I recognize, and you must recognize, that there is going to be some difficulty with this because most of you have other metaphysical backgrounds. The major principles of the Infinite Way are not only not the principles of your previous studies, but some of them may appear to be very contradictory. I know them many students do have difficulties when they try to mix the principles of their former teachings with these principles of the Infinite Way. They make no headway or have difficulties in their demonstration of harmony. Last night I explained one of these principles, and I hope I made very clear what is probably the most important principle in the message of the Infinite Way. God, being infinite, is never used for any purpose. God is never used for overcoming sin, disease, or death. In the Infinite Way, truth isn't used at all. The very opposite of that is the truth in the Infinite Way. We seek to become the instruments of truth; we open ourselves that we may be used by truth, by God, that God may manifest itself as our individual being, that God may live its life as us, that God may lead, guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, supply. And we are the instruments through which, as which, that takes place. You see, the wisdom of God is infinite-omniscient-therefore it is ridiculous to believe that we can tell God, ask God, or inform God of our needs. It is an impossibility for us to know more than God. It is only possible for us to know as much as God if we first know that we know nothing, and then let the wisdom of God manifest as our wisdom. In other words, as I indicated last night, you develop a receptive attitude for the inflow of inspiration as you would if you were a composer, an artist, or a writer, always keeping your attention within as a listening ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inciples and Their Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1955, Immortality
- ... So let it be agreed in your consciousness that God is Life, but more than that, God is your life! "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." (Isa. 43:7.) "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God; wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." (Ezek. 18:32.) "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev. 4:11.) These scriptural passages clearly indicate that God created us for his own pleasure, and this is an eternal relationship. And so, as we witness ourselves and our friends advancing into more mature years, let us realize our function as an infant and as a child, as an adult, and see how progressive each step has been, and then look forward to the revelation of what the future years have in store through the Grace of God. Then, as we watch our friends pass from sight, let us rejoice that they have passed from one mansion into another. They have not died because of sin, because God never punishes sin. God is a God of love and forgiveness "until seventy times seven." Our transition is for the glory of God, and for the glory of the development of our individual Soul, and those of us who are approaching the middle years and beyond the middle years must learn to ask the Father, "What have you now for me to do?" Then, as other experiences come, open your vision and realize that just as the flowers bloom and seem to fade and then bloom again, so do we pass through many transitional experiences, but death is never known in any of these experiences. Death is our interpretation of what we are witnessing, but it is an observation based on ignorance. Those who have caught the first tiny glimpse of God understand that God is Life, and that God is Life Eternal-life without death, "for he is thy life, and the length of thy days." This can only come as you lift your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ April 1955, Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 31, 1963, Growing Day by Day-Attaining the Transcendental Consciousness
- GROWING DAY BY DAY - ATTAINING THE TRANSCENDENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS August 31, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are certain religions and certain religionists who call themselves fundamentalists. They believe that the Bible is the literal truth, that every word in it is a literal truth, perhaps because for so many centuries people have been taught that all or most of the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore, even the most enlightened people are often conditioned in their study of the Bible and thereby lose the way. I have witnessed that this is also true of Infinite Way students, but to a lesser degree. Understanding the Bible is like understanding The Infinite Way. You cannot read the message of The Infinite Way with your mind because it was not written by a mind or through a mind. This entire message is a transcendental message that came through transcendental consciousness. To be understood it must be understood through transcendental consciousness-and this is also true of the Bible. The books of the Bible were not brought into existence by ordinary human beings; these individuals had access to the fourth dimensional consciousness or Christ-consciousness in Christianity, or the Buddha-mind in Buddhism. Both have reference to the same thing-the transcendental consciousness, or illumined consciousness. Therefore, the words never mean what they seem to mean and if you take them literally you will lose the Way. It is for this reason that you have been given certain spiritual principles in The Infinite Way which, if you take them into your ordinary mind and work with them, will develop the transcendental consciousness until one day you can say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see." In other words you will then realize that you are not doing anything. It is doing it. Because of the way in which the Bible was written, it is often said that Scripture is veiled or that those who wrote it hid the meaning. There was not so much an intention to hide the truth as there was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 19, 1963, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME May 19, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel ON MAY 12 WE STARTED off with this paragraph: "There is a principle of life not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known." The principle of which I spoke is that truth received and embodied in consciousness becomes known worldwide without any human effort or human striving. Just by abiding within one's Self with the revealed truth, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as we would like it to happen, but when we are dealing with truth we must learn that "a thousand years is as one day and one day can be as a thousand years." 1 There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made, then suddenly in one day more progress is made than in a thousand years. This was illustrated by the Civil War. The idea of giving freedom to the Negro was not really a result of the Civil War; in fact, the Civil War was a failure and did not give that freedom. However, the fact that it took place was in line with all that had been unfolding in human consciousness since the days of Greece, on up through the Magna Carta, the French Revolution, the American Revolution, the Brazilian Revolution. All of this is the out breaking into human experience of an idea in consciousness. I believe it was last week that we were given the quotation of Victor Hugo: "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come." Ordinarily this quotation is attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson, because it was he who made the quotation famous. But strangely, in the editorial in this morning's newspaper it is correctly attributed to Victor Hugo, and in the correct manner in which we used it last week. In other words "its time has come," and nothing is going to stop the breaking down of racial prejudice. Furthermore, if you had access ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 11, Gratitude
- ~ 11 ~ GRATITUDE Only those who understand that God is their own consciousness and that from this individual, yet infinite, consciousness flow all things can really know the true sense of gratitude. The only real gratitude is that which is felt for the gift of spiritual discernment. All else is but thankfulness for things. Three times or more, Jesus fed the multitudes. He fed four thousand, five thousand, seven thousand. Today we would call that an act of great philanthropy. Not only did he feed the multitudes, but he healed them and taught the truth to those who could hear. But after he had fed the multitudes on one side of the sea, he felt a heavy sense within himself-a sense that his message had not reached his people, a sense of discouragement in the realization that they had failed to catch the vision. We are told that he left them and went across the lake, but even there the multitudes followed him. Probably they followed him because they were hungry again and wanted more loaves and fishes. He must have recognized that loaves and fishes were all they wanted because he turned and rebuked them: "You are here because you received the loaves and fishes yesterday, and now you have come back for more of them. Why is it that you did not see the miracle? Why is it that you did not see the principle that produced those loaves and fishes, so that by now some of you could have been producing and multiplying loaves and fishes on your own, and not coming back to me to be fed?" How often he healed the multitudes-how often he healed individuals-and how little healing power any of those people manifested themselves! How great was his sorrow when he said, "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, I would love to tell you and show you, but you cannot accept it." Those people whom he had healed and had supplied were grateful; they were grateful for the loaves and fishes. But that was not the type of gratitude the Master was seeking. The Master was seeking gratitude for a principle that he was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 11, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 19, When Christ Has Entered In
- ... So it is you will discover that war cannot enter your life if it has been ruled out of your consciousness. But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can only be ruled out of your consciousness if you will accept yourself as Christ, or as the disciple or apostle of Christ, and say, "I have removed myself from this side to that side: I am now sitting at that place where my life is a forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing; and no evil can come nigh me, because I am not seeking anything, I am not even seeking good. As long as I am not seeking, I am not going to receive, I will always Be." This is our real nature: Being! I and the Father are One in Being, in ... To pray for the world means to look out and almost see this globe of the universe in front of you and feel your hands, or your love, going out around that globe, saying, "Father, forgive them; they know not what they do." "I pray that thy sins be forgiven thee. I pray that Christ dwell in thy heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual Freedom, spiritual Justice, spiritual Life, and spiritual Law." Hold that globe this way, in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness. Allow no thought of victory to enter your mind; no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over countries. Not victories; Peace! There never can be Peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next gain. Never think of victories; think of Peace. "My Peace give I unto you." Keep that globe in your arms. "My Peace give I unto you, not as the world giveth." My Peace, spiritual Peace, the Peace that brings with it forgiveness, comfort. "My Comfort give I unto you-spiritual Comfort." Remember, you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting on the platform with the Master. Therefore you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... When Christ Has Entered In.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter IX, An Interval in Eternity
- CHAPTER IX AN INTERVAL IN ETERNITY Life has frequently been depicted as a circle, representing eternity, without beginning and without end. If we visualize life in that way and realize that our immediate human span of life is confined within a segment of that circle and that all the other segments of the circle are yet to be encompassed, we can see that within the confines of that circle, there is a past as well as a future. One mystic described this life as "a parenthesis in eternity." This life! Observing life objectively and using the circle as symbolic of all life, it is obvious that we have come from the past into a parenthesis in the circle, and when this parenthesis is removed-the one marking birth and the other marking death-we will be on our way into another parenthesis, or what is called the future. This should help us to understand that our present life on earth is only an interval in eternity. We have come from somewhere and we are going somewhere, but because life is an unending circle, we are again going to come from a somewhere, and we are again going to go to a somewhere, and this will go on, and on, and on. Will it ever end? Who knows? The ancients tell us that when we are perfected, that is, when we live this life as God lives life, in that degree of purity, we will not enter the parenthesis again: we will just live in the circle, outside, beyond, and above all human experience. Even though the unillumined and uninitiated may claim that all this is only speculative, I can tell you that there are those who have completed their cycle of life on earth, and therefore would not have to return to this-world experience. Nevertheless, they do reincarnate, in some cases voluntarily and in others under instructions from those who likewise have been graduated and who perhaps act as spiritual influences behind this earth-plane. That there is an evolutionary life process going on in this human picture, surely few can deny. That human consciousness is unfolding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...IX, An Interval in Eternity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents